Texas Instruments Process Engineering Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Texas Instruments Process Engineering Interview Questions

Interviews at Texas Instruments

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangor, ME

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Bangor, ME) in October 2016.

Interview

Attended career fair and received an interview the following day. Met with several members of the engineering team. The interview lasted 30 minutes. After a few weeks, received a call from the hiring team.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Texas Instruments

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Texas Instruments.

Interview

They reviewed my resume at a campus career fair and scheduled an interview for the next day. The interviewer asked me about my research projects and how to address issues in those. Also the interviewer asked me what aspect of my research lab I liked and I answered that I liked the fact that my group members discuss and share research results and ideas all the time. He mentioned Texas Instrument is also a good place that has similar working atmosphere. He explained the job description more for the position and told me that he would recommend me for other positions as well as process engineer position in TI. And I am waiting for the next step.

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult thing while doing research? How did you solve the conflict with your collaborators?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Richardson, TX).

Interview

Explain teams and group projects you have been involved in; Explain a time where you had to think on your feet; Explain a time where you had to think on your feet; Problem solving skills, etc. Nothing particularly difficult.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected - a weird kind of group project for Manufacturing Leadership team though   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Dallas, TX) in November 2011.

Interview

I got a call after applying online through TI careers portal.They called me and asked me about myself , research experience at university and explained the job description.They called me again to set up on-site interview in dallas and told me to wait for a call about travel arrangements. Day before interview I got a call saying that the job is for undergraduate not for a masters candidate.
    This is really the total negative experience and disappointed me a lot.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Dallas, TX) in December 2011.

Interview

Applied online after receiving an email that this certain job role would fit well with me, based on resume uploaded. First round was a group phone interview and the interviewers were very nice and made you feel very comfortable. Pretty much talked about everything that was on my resume.

Second round was an all day on-site interview. Consisted of 2 group interviews, a technical presentation, and a group project. The group interviews were mostly behavioral and delved in to the experiences put on the resume; the presentation lasted about 15 minutes. The group project was a time-constrained, materials-constrained design project with a team of 6 other candidates.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a co-worker or team mate that is under performing?   Answer Question

Process Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (New York, NY).

Interview

got the interview through the career fair, very hard to hold a conversation with the interviewer. he didnt seem like he wanted to be there, when i asked questions, he answered them in one word

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Angeles City (Philippines)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Angeles City (Philippines)) in July 2017.

Interview

The HR gave two forms to be answered. The first one was a resume type and the second was an essay type (easy interview Qs). After that, the first interview was with the HR. I walked her through my CV and she asked personal questions that were answerable. The second interview was with the manager related to the job position. He asked 70% personal matters (i.e about myself, my family, my friends, my hobbies, etc) and 30% technical (i.e what is 'process engineering' to me?). I was then endorsed by the manager to the director. The director focused more on technical aspects. More like 80% technical and 20% personal. He gave a situational problem which I needed to provide solutions. I am a chemical engineer and TI is a semiconductor industry but the situational problem was answerable no matter what engineering major you finished - that is if you can remember well your university days. Overall, the interviews were not "one-sided" but "two-way" since I provided my answers and the interviewers tackled my answers further and they explained things as if the applicant is already hired. They shared many principles and advises for me to better understand what process engineers really do.

The final interview was with the associate HR. She asked about my career goals, plans to work abroad, and other personal matters.

After all those interviews, I was directed to the medical examinations in which the expenses were covered by TI.

Four (4) days passed since I had finished my medical exams however, I haven't received any update from TI.

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)) in September 2012.

Interview

First was by the Staffing Manager, the interview consisted of mostly on general background knowledge and hiring procedures.
    Second was with the soon to be supervisor, the interview was mostly about getting to the person and weaknesses and strength that could be contributed to the company.
    Structured and well respected. Technical background investigation and understanding. More than one manager. Open to suggestions. Very throughout in their background checks. Expansive

Interview Questions

• Are able to manage the stress?
      Are you knowledgeable of semiconductor?
      What are your hobbies?
      What is the fault with current economy?   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was fairly easy since it was my first job however they did evaluate my degree of understanding on the topic

Process Engineer Interview

Interview

more on actual experience and your skills regarding problem solving skills. How did you interact on problem in the manufacturing line. If you are willing to render duty overtime, nightshift and holidays. What is your streght and weaknesses

Interview Questions

• its more on skills and experience   1 Answer

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Texas Instruments.

Interview

Manager screening conducted via phone.
    Followed by two "in-person" interviews with managers and peers which reviewed both technical and behavioural aspects. Went through experience and challenges.
    Process was efficient. Combative styled interview.
    Manager was aggressive in questioning.
    The interval between initial interview screening and final one was less than 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Do you really think you can bring experience that we need?
      Why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation with HR.