Texas Instruments Product Test Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 13, 2017

3.1

15 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Dallas, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

My school had a career fair. They asked me a couple questions which then proceeded to an on-campus interview the next day. After a week or so, I had to do a Web-ex Presentation an interviews to two managers (1 hr). They called me back the same to day to schedule an onsite interview which consisted of 2 separate 45minute interviews.

Interview Questions

• Cross section of MOSFET and the device physics behind it   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Texas Instruments

Test/Product Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Dallas, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

At first it was a phone interview from the HR and then it became a request for a online virtual interview which took roughly an hour. And then the final round was an onsite interview which contained two rounds and both includes behavior and technical questions which wasn't hard. The questions were mostly about the projects on my resume. and some questions about op-amps, semiconductor physics and simple coding questions.

Interview Questions

• They asked questions related to the projects listed on my resume.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Process took a little over a month because I was in the middle of finals week. Had three interviews in total, one webcam based, I the. Had to make a technical presentation and have a screen sharing interview, I was later invited on site for a final round of interviews. Final round were two 45 minute interviews with both behavioral and technical questions and they asked me to explain my resume.

Interview Questions

• Basic engineering questions, very simple.
      1: Draw an Op-Amp with a gain of 10.
       2: make a truth table for a logical circuit,
       3: voltage division given a capacitor in steady state.
      4: draw the Transistor level design of an inverter and explain why Pmos and Nmos transistors used as the pull up and pull down network respectively.   1 Answer
    • Behavioral questions like explain a time when a situation didn't go well regardless on hard you tried. Explain a time when you were not given many instructions to do something and explain a project you worked on.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Station, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (College Station, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

I got the first interview at a career fair which occurred the next day. Than I was accepted for a second interview a couple weeks later and that interview was phone/webex interview where I did a presentation on my project in school. However, I was not accepted because they had already filled all their positions by the time of the career fair.

Interview Questions

• Q: What is the ideal gain of a non-inverting op-amp?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Dallas, TX) in November 2015.

Interview

There where two interview the first on the phone, then an onsite interview. The on the phone interview also includes a presentation that is done through sharing desktops on your computer. After the presentation, a few questions are asked some technical and behavioral. The onsite interview is later conducted where there are two 30 minute sessions.

Interview Questions

• They asked about past projects that you worked on, and evaluated you circuit analysis.   1 Answer

Product Test Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Texas Instruments in October 2015.

Interview

Met with recruiters at Career Fair and talked for about tent minutes. Scheduled an interview the following day on campus that was mostly behavioral. After about a week, I was contacted to schedule a virtual interview that required a 10-15 minute presentation over a project and more behavioral questions with a few technical. Last interview process is an onn-site interview in Dallas, TX which will be this week.

Interview Questions

• If you suspect a co-worker is lying about and faking some results that you and your co-worker need to present to your managers, how would you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Product Test Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Texas Instruments.

Interview

Interview was over the phone, which lasted for about an hour and a half. He went over his role, some information on my resume, and then asked me some general engineering questions related to some projects listed on my resume.

Interview Questions

• When would you choose an inverting and non-inverting op-amp configuration for a thermistor circuit, and why?   Answer Question
    • What are some ideal characteristics of an op-amp?   Answer Question

Product Test Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Texas Instruments.

Interview

The first stage was a phone interview with a 10 minute powerpoint on an engineering related topic (college projects, internships, etc.). The next step was an all day onsite interview with a ton of circuit analysis (mainly op amp circuits not taught in the classroom, but can be solved without too much trouble if you know the basics of op amps). A few basic c programming questions to check if you have ever done any programming... A few questions on how you would approach a problem (broken pcb, inoperative circuit, etc.). The onsite interview included a panel interview with a few members of the team as well. There were a few behavioral questions sprinkled in as well.

Interview Questions

• Which circuit presents a lower input impedance to a voltage/circuit that needs amplification, an inverting or non inverting amplifier configuration?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Atlanta, GA) in August 2014.

Interview

Talked to a recruiter on campus during a career fair. Was scheduled for an on campus interview 2 days later, told to apply to the position before hand. The interview was conducted by two people, one of which was the person I'd spoken to at the career fair. Almost entirely behavioral questions and questions about your resume. Maybe one or two low level tech questions relevant to my resume, but clearly nothing they had planned to ask in advanced, spur of the moment. Was told at the end that HR would contact me in a day or so.

Received email inviting me to a virtual conference interview, told to prepare a 10-15 minute presentation on a technical topic, use desktop sharing software to present it. The interview was again behavioral questions, really focused on seeing how well you work in teams and what your approach is to resolving conflicts or dealing with situations. No technical questions, was told I would hear back within 4 weeks.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Dallas, TX) in March 2012.

Interview

The role was designated for Product and Test Engineering Rotation. Consists of four six-month rotations (Product/Test, Design, Fab, Assembly). The assembly portion would be in one of their assembly lines in Asia (Malaysia, Taiwan, Philippine). The entire process took about a month. 2 phone interviews and 2 on-site interviews in Dallas. Great company, great people, great experience.

Interview Questions

• Technical questions to demonstrate your circuitry knowledge (Circuit 1 and E-circuit 1)
      Non Technical: behavioral question and problem solving skills. In my case, they asked how I would go about a customer return. This was to question your thought process in terms of solving a problem.   1 Answer