Texas Instruments Quality Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Texas Instruments Quality Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Feb 23, 2017

2.8

Quality Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Texas Instruments in February 2017.

Interview

Ok interview. I applied online and got a call about a month later. Phone interview. Asked questions about my resume and certain situations and if i've been in them and what did i do in said situations. Also got asked standard HR questions along with a problem solving question.

Interview Questions

• Name a time that you had to take charge of a group and how did other react to that.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Texas Instruments

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Dallas, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied online, got a phone interview, the interview was very conversational, then after a week got invited to on campus interview at Dallas. On campus interview had to do a 15min presentation with ppt of an experience or project. I presented to 12 engineers. Then 2 interviews with 4 of those 12 engineers. They also asked basic electronics questions.

Interview Questions

• How do you get from knowing nothing of the process to now that you have been working 4 month on your current COOP?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Gainesville, FL) in September 2016.

Interview

got in contact with them through a career showcase on campus. then I got an interview for the next day with very easy behavioral questions and easy technical questions as well. I passed to the second round (interview over the phone), which is the last one for interns, and now I am waiting on my second interview

Quality Engineer Interview

Interview

I got the interview by applying online. It took them about a month to get back to me. They asked me all behavioral questions, and nothing technical. There were approximately 6 questions, and it took me about an hour on phone talking to them. I got the offer in the end, but the job was not very related to engineering.

Quality Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Texas Instruments in January 2015.

Interview

Talked to them at our school's career fair and submitted my resume through the online portal our school has as well. Multiple rounds of interviews. First one was an on-campus interview where the guy literally just went through my resume, asked me questions about it and me, and talked about what he does at the company. Second, they make you go on this website and submit a 15-30 minute long video of yourself answering on-screen behavioral questions. Really weird and kinda awkward just talking to yourself the entire time but nothing too hard. Finally, hiring managers from different teams call you or do video conference interviews with you. Some (like Quality and Marketing) ask purely behavioral questions with maybe a few really easy technical questions while others (like Applications Engineering) ask a lot of technical questions and really pick your brain to see how much you've done and how smart you are. I got an email about two weeks after my last one saying that I got accepted as a Quality Engineer.

Interview Questions

• Questions about any academic projects you've done and what your role was in them.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Dallas, TX).

Interview

The interview process included a presentation to be presented in front of approximately 8-10 engineers and two face to face interviews. Took approximately four hours which included lunch.

Interview Questions

• What does the cross section of a MOSFET and BJT look like and how does it operate?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Dallas, TX) in January 2014.

Interview

Was first recruited at my university's career fair and set up an interview the next day. It was pretty general, just asking personal questions and a lot about my resume. I got lucky though because the recruiter didn't see on resume that I've done a presentation in the past and commented on that if he had he would of made me do it for the first interview. So be prepared! I had a second phone interview with two quality engineers at the same time and they went into even more detail about my resume and threw in a few technical questions but mainly they just wanted to know about projects I have worked on and what machines I have used. The third interview they flew me out to Dallas and it was a day long affair. There were 8 of us split into 2 groups but they made it explicit we weren't there for the same job which was a huge relief. First half was a presentation given by a recent new hire(less than a year with the company) so it was easy to identify with them and more relaxed. Then lunch where you can meet supervisors and managers which was great networking experience. After lunch came our 20 min technical presentation and then 2 separate interviews. The hardest part of the day was the presentation but everyone was really nice so it wasn't too stressful. The fact that there were other students present at this point actually helped a lot so we could kind of cheer each other up.

If you have a really technical project that pertains to the job field definitely go into a lot of detail with it for the presentation. I did and the rest of my interviews weren't technical because of that.

The interview processes for other positions is a lot different though and you might not get to do a presentation. I know for design they set up a white board and have you draw things for them.

Interview Questions

• The difference between wet and dry etching, which is an/isotropic.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They were very lenient on my start time. The actual offer was a lot better than I was hoping for so I didn't negotiate it and they have really nice benefits.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Dallas, TX) in February 2012.

Interview

There was a standard phone screening which involved talking to a group of interviewers about the basics of semiconductor wafer fabrication which also included a brief run through my resume. After that they flew me to Dallas to interview with 8 other candidates. This interview consisted of 4 group/panel interviews and for one of the group interviews I was required to give a 20 minute technical presentation. Overall it was a difficult interview but well worth the amount of time it took. The interviewers do a wonderful job of making you feel very comfortable.