Texas Instruments Technical Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 8, 2017

3.1

20 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (New York, NY).

Interview

There were three separate parts - the first was a set of six questions asked through Hirevue, where you would receive a question and record a response. The second was a live video interview. The third was an on-site interview at the Dallas headquarters.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Texas Instruments

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Dallas, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

I received a call and conducted over the phone interview. I was contacted later that day to schedule flight to Dallas for final interview. The night you arrive you are taken out to dinner by people that are in various times in rotation program. They are there to answer your questions and are very friendly and informative. The next day you have a two interviews, each lasting one hour. Your are informed of their decision by end of week.

Interview Questions

• General behavior questions about your participation in groups setting, how you dealt with difficult co-worker etc. Other interview you had to sell something to an engineer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Dallas, TX) in November 2015.

Interview

First round was an online interview with recorded questions. The online interview was all behavioral questions. That was followed up with a 1 on 1 phone call with a recruiter.

Technical Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Texas Instruments.

Interview

Co-Op Conversion interview with VP of Sales & Marketing. Discussion of "why sales" and the ideals of both company and preferences to sales or marketing opportunities. Discussion was high level and somewhat one sided, lasting about 45 minutes.

Technical Sales Associate Interview

Interview

It was swift and very transparent. Three step process. Screening video interview, web interview, on-site interview. HR was very helpful, they provided a dinner the night before the interview with all of the candidates, I enjoyed the process and the employees that were currently in the program.

Technical Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Texas Instruments.

Interview

The Process took about 3 weeks. Applied at my school's career fair. Did an interview on campus couple of days later (completely behavioral). Had an online interview 10 days later for about an hour (completely behavioral): Team leadership experiences, bad teams that you have been a part of and how did you handle the situation, Hardest class you have taken and how did you manage to pass or do well. About 10 days later had an interview on-site. Did two interviews back to back. One simulation (you need to sell something to the interviewer) and the other one was a panel interview. Make sure you ask A LOT OF questions from the interviewer (client) during the simulation interview to make sure you understand the situation and needs of the costumer. Very positive experience. HRs were very helpful and super nice so were the interviewers. Make sure you have enough practice for the simulation part before the interview.

Interview Questions

• tell us about your internships or volunteer works. tell us about a time where you made a big decision in a team and the succeeded.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Dallas, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

This was one of the very different interviews that I had.
    First was the HireView Questions where it asks questions and you have a few seconds to answers. Then it was another interview with a TI employee on HireVue again. The last step was the onsite interview in Dallas. You have dinner the night before with current TSAs which is very casual and you hang out with them. Then you are on site all day the next day. You have a behavioral interview, campus tour then a sales simulation. Overall, the process was not too bad. Just have fun with the current TSAs, be friendly and show passion for TI and what they do and you should do fine.

Interview Questions

• The sales simulation was a unique but it wasn't hard to do once you hear it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Dallas, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

Three rounds of interviews. The first is just video recording your answers to questions given to you. The next is a Skype interview with a Texas Instruments employee who was also a member of the TSA program. The last interview is an onsite interview in Dallas.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Dallas, TX) in December 2014.

Interview

Round 1: They had me record my answers to some questions via an online recruiting website. I needed a webcam to record my answers. They got back to me within a week and I set up a time for round 2.

Round 2: Same as round 1 except there as a person live on the other side and we talked about basic experiences and behavioral type questions. A week later I was told I got into round 3 and would be flown to Texas for the final stage.

Round 3: I got flown to Texas and put in a hotel. That night I went out with a group of people that were also there for interviews as well as current people in the program that had only been working for TI for under a year. The next day I went to there headquarters and had 3 mini interviews. One of them was a test to see if I could ask the proper questions to sell somebody a vacation package just to see what questions I would ask. The other two were basic interviews with two groups of two people. They catered lunch as well.

Within a week after I was told I didn't get the job and when I asked what I may have done wrong or what skill I may have been missing the guy on the phone had no idea and said he just calls people to say they got it or not and he didn't know anything else.

Overall good experience.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to simulate selling a vacation package   1 Answer

Technical Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Texas Instruments.

Interview

Three rounds of interviews. The final round was at TI's HQ; there was a dinner the night before, an overview of the company, lunch, and two interviews conducted by managers. There was a sales simulation, which is different than typical behavior interviews, but once you hear the topic, it's not bad at all.

Interview Questions

• For me, it was my technical question due to surprise. The interview was almost entirely behavioral, but a technical question was thrown out and threw me off track for a moment.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I failed to get a negotiation offer, despite having higher offers from competitors on the table. The impression I got was that I'm easily replaceable, and they could just hire another candidate as they go through several of these interview rounds. The new HR manager may be different however.