Texas Instruments Technical Sales Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Texas Instruments Technical Sales Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Texas Instruments

2.9

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Dallas, TX) in October 2013.

Interview

3 interviews total. First interview behavioral on campus. Second interview mostly behavioral over the phone. 3 interview included a visit to Dallas headquarters for a simulation interview and another behavioral interview.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Texas Instruments

Technical Sales Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Texas Instruments.

Interview

I applied online and went through 3 interview processes. First one was a prescreen interview which consists of 5 questions and you have to video record your responses. Second one was a online interview with a TI employee and third one was an onsite interview at one of TI's sites. My overall experience was really great, they were very quick to respond and every person I had an interaction with made me feel at ease. I got an offer fairly quickly and accpted it. I have been in the program for couple of months now and really enjoying all the aspects of the program and TI in general.

Interview Questions

• The questions are mostly behavioural, focusing on your soft skills.   Answer Question

Technical Sales Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Texas Instruments in January 2013.

Interview

First a video recording with 5 questions, then a live video interview, then onsite in dallas. EVery thing went ohk, but since it is a behavioral interview, it really depends on the interviewers you get. No right or wrong answer. Very unpredictable.

Interview Questions

• Three minute quick simulation at the end of the interview, under tremendous pressure.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Dallas, TX) in October 2012.

Interview

I attended a career fair and dropped my resume off. I had very interesting conversation with a hiring manager and mentioned that I'd like to work in analog design. A week later I was contacted by a recruiter to do an online interview. Basically a video software asked me five questions and I had to record a video with my answers and mail it to a hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Why do you see yourself doing this job?

I had a difficult time answering this question since I had applied for an analog design position in the beginning. I was not really interested in a sales position, but I still mentioned all of my skills that make me a good fit for sales (multiple languages, public presentation, engaging conversationalist, etc).   Answer Question

I am a recent graduate and I'd like to work in design before adventuring into sales or applications engineering.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Novi, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Novi, MI) in May 2014.

Interview

I applied online, then a few weeks later I was chosen to do a video interview with a Sales Manager. I made it to the next round of interviews in which TI flew me up to Novi, Michigan. I did two interviews there, the first one I was asked to sell a time share, the second interview was all behavioral questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Santa Clara, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

After applying online, I was asked for on-campus interview. Standard questions for technical sales took place such as " Why would you want to be a sales person?" or "Are you aware of the differences between Application Engineer and Tech. Sales" to confirm your attendance to the information session previous night.

During 30 min. webcam interview, you are asked some behavoural questions as well as " what are the qualities of a tech sales person", "do you love to win or hate to lose?".

During on site interview, you are asked to sell a vacation package. This is not very formal as they help you during the process and provide feedback. However, there is a 45 min behavioural interview with 2 regional sales/marketing managers. Try to be very communicative and talkative to demonstrate your sales side.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Dallas, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

Three rounds, first is pre-recorded, second is a live stream and third you get flown to dallas for an in person interview.

There are two interviews in the Dallas stage, one is technical in nature and the other one is a sales simulation

Technical Sales Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Texas Instruments in January 2017.

Interview

First interview involves six questions asked in HireVue in which you record your answers to some pre-recorded videos. All are behavioral. Second interview is a one on one interview with someone in TI on HireVue in video form. Some technical questions, mostly behavioral.

Interview Questions

• Explain what a low pass filter is and what it is used for.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Dallas, TX).

Interview

The first part of the interview is a video recording of yourself answering a couple of standard, behavioral questions. The next step is to have a video conference with one or two different engineers representing the program you're applying for. If you make it past that, you move onto the on-site interview where they fly you into their HQ for the on-site final interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Dallas, TX).

Interview

I met recruiters at a career fair and had interviews with them. I later then flew out to Dallas for the final rounds of interviews. The final round of interviews was split into behavioral/technical and then a sales simulation. The interview was pleasant. It felt like a conversation rather than an interview!

Interview Questions

• Very typical behavioral questions. Just know your resume really well and talk about all your experiences and how that would relate back to sales   Answer Question
    • Tell me the components of a cell phone   Answer Question