Texas Instruments Technical Sales Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 5, 2017

2.9

18 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Dallas, TX).

Interview

The first part of the interview is a video recording of yourself answering a couple of standard, behavioral questions. The next step is to have a video conference with one or two different engineers representing the program you're applying for. If you make it past that, you move onto the on-site interview where they fly you into their HQ for the on-site final interview

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Texas Instruments

Technical Sales Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Texas Instruments in January 2017.

Interview

First interview involves six questions asked in HireVue in which you record your answers to some pre-recorded videos. All are behavioral. Second interview is a one on one interview with someone in TI on HireVue in video form. Some technical questions, mostly behavioral.

Interview Questions

• Explain what a low pass filter is and what it is used for.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Dallas, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

Three rounds, first is pre-recorded, second is a live stream and third you get flown to dallas for an in person interview.

There are two interviews in the Dallas stage, one is technical in nature and the other one is a sales simulation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Austin, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

I talked to them at career expo, and got selected for an interview there for the next day. Interview was about 30 minutes long. It was mostly behavioral with two technical questions. Nice interviewer. They never ended up getting back to me after the interview. I emailed them, and they said they actually didn't need interns for the position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Dallas, TX) in December 2015.

Interview

The process can be broken down to 3 steps: the first one was through an online portal, in which they asked me 6 questions and I had to record my answer; once I passed that one, I had a 1-on-1 live video-chat with a Manager (it was supposed to be 2 of them, but one didn't show up); after successfully having finished this interview, they flew me in to Dallas, where we had a welcome dinner with actual TSA program employees the night before, and then had an interview on their HQ. The interview consisted of 2 interview: a Sales simulation and a regular interview. The sale simulation was pretty fun and a GREAT learning experience; the actual interview wasn't exactly hard.

Interview Questions

• Sales Simulation: Sell a Vacation Package.
      Interview: Mostly based on previous academic projects
      - Draw an amplifier circuit using a 741 and some other basic op-amp questions
      - Explain how to control a DC Motor using a Chopper
      - Explain Low-pass, Band-pass and High-pass Filters
      - Explain your Senior Project   Answer Question

Technical Sales Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Austin, TX) in December 2015.

Interview

I received an email asking to set up and complete a video interview where I recorded myself answering a few questions. After this I received another email to select a date for a video interview with two hiring managers. This interview was solely behavioral and went very in depth into my resume, from my projects to my extracurriculars. There was one technical question, but it was not pressured and was more to see how I explained something in layman's terms.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Novi, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Novi, MI) in May 2014.

Interview

I applied online, then a few weeks later I was chosen to do a video interview with a Sales Manager. I made it to the next round of interviews in which TI flew me up to Novi, Michigan. I did two interviews there, the first one I was asked to sell a time share, the second interview was all behavioral questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Santa Clara, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

After applying online, I was asked for on-campus interview. Standard questions for technical sales took place such as " Why would you want to be a sales person?" or "Are you aware of the differences between Application Engineer and Tech. Sales" to confirm your attendance to the information session previous night.

During 30 min. webcam interview, you are asked some behavoural questions as well as " what are the qualities of a tech sales person", "do you love to win or hate to lose?".

During on site interview, you are asked to sell a vacation package. This is not very formal as they help you during the process and provide feedback. However, there is a 45 min behavioural interview with 2 regional sales/marketing managers. Try to be very communicative and talkative to demonstrate your sales side.

Technical Sales Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Texas Instruments.

Interview

I applied online and went through 3 interview processes. First one was a prescreen interview which consists of 5 questions and you have to video record your responses. Second one was a online interview with a TI employee and third one was an onsite interview at one of TI's sites. My overall experience was really great, they were very quick to respond and every person I had an interaction with made me feel at ease. I got an offer fairly quickly and accpted it. I have been in the program for couple of months now and really enjoying all the aspects of the program and TI in general.

Interview Questions

• The questions are mostly behavioural, focusing on your soft skills.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Dallas, TX) in October 2013.

Interview

3 interviews total. First interview behavioral on campus. Second interview mostly behavioral over the phone. 3 interview included a visit to Dallas headquarters for a simulation interview and another behavioral interview.