Texas Instruments Technical Sales Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 17, 2017

2.8

20 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Lafayette, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (West Lafayette, IN).

Interview

I talked to them at a career fair, landed an on campus interview. The interviewer was very friendly and very excited. Seemed like I had a good shot but then I was flatly told later by HR that they couldn't hire me because of my citizenship. Which sucked because it was a sales position and I wished they didn't get my hopes up by giving me the on site interview.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Texas Instruments

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Dallas, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

Went through 2 interviews, one was on campus and was completly behavior. The second was a webcam interview and again behavior with a few technical questions sprinkled in. The first was more of an interview to see where I would fit into the company.

Interview Questions

• Describe a project you worked on?   1 Answer

Technical Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Texas Instruments.

Interview

There were two interviews: one on campus and another online. The one on campus was 30 min and mainly behavioral questions. The online interview was an hour long and much more intense in terms of types of questions asked.

Interview Questions

• Explain a situation where you had to overcome a problem.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Dallas, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

Was interviewed over the phone after my webcast and then flown to Dallas. Interview was a day long. The day before the interview you go to a dinner with some of the other technical sales engineers. Expect to be asked about anything that you put on your resume.they like to dig deep on projects you have worked on

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Austin, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

Very short interview, mostly behavioral. Had minimal technical questions asked. Interviewer asked questions mostly based upon resume. Discussed some aspects of his job as well. Overall interview was very normal and the interviewer was welcoming of questions.

Technical Sales Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Texas Instruments in March 2015.

Interview

The interview process consisted of two parts:

1) a 1 on 1 interview on campus with a TI rep - Mainly behavioral questions, only technical question pertained to my previous projects and their circuit designs.

2) a 1 on 1 online virtual interview using Hireview software - Entirely Behavioral, questions mainly pertaining to working in a team to see if I was a fit.

Interview Questions

• Explain a past project as if you were talking to someone with no technical background   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you did something innovative.   Answer Question

Technical Sales Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Texas Instruments.

Interview

Met TI recruiters at the university EECS career fair. Told them I was graduating in 3 months, and what I was doing for my Master's research, etc. They filled out a form with my information and told me to apply for the positions I'm interested in online. I applied to everything I was qualified for, without thinking if I really wanted that job, and got the HireVue interview (video call) for Technical Sales, even though my resume is heavy on the technical side. The interview was completely behavioral, and I made sure to use coursework project scenarios for all answers. In the end, the interviewer asked me if I was competitive, and I said no, and then he asked if I really wanted to be in sales, and I answered no to that too. I added that I didn't know why I was even picked for this position, and told him I was more interested in being on the technical side of things. He himself had been in the technical field before switching to sales, so he talked about what he had done and what I was interested in. Based on that, he passed on my resume to the Design Engineering team, and I now have an interview with them next week.

Interview Questions

• Think of a time when a team member was not performing as he was supposed to and how you handled the situation.   Answer Question

Technical Sales Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Texas Instruments in October 2014.

Interview

Entirely behavioral questions, no technical questions or anything related to my resume. Asked me to pick a topic I was familiar with and sell it to them. Pretty laid back environment, actively received feedback while interviewing. After a few weeks they told me through email they weren't going to continue the process

Interview Questions

• Pick a topic you are familiar with and sell it to us. Describe three times you failed and three times you succeeded.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in College Station, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (College Station, TX) in September 2013.

Interview

Met the recruiters at a university career fair and they did an on-campus behavioral interview that week. It was more about me and my resume than technical stuff.

Next, there was an online video interview. I had to record myself answering questions on a webcam. Mostly behavioral stuff again.

Finally, they were going to to a webcam interview but they couldn't get their equipment working so we did a 3-way phone interview. It had more technical questions, and they asked about my engineering classes.

The whole process, from career fair to the offer, took about 2.5-3 months.

Interview Questions

• (During last interview) What is the impedance of an op amp?   Answer Question

Technical Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Texas Instruments.

Interview

It is an interview that has less concern about technical skills, but more concerned with how you are as a person, and if you have the potential to be a good seller . There is a 2 interviews and a simulation . Dress is Professional .

There is a prescreen interview before the onsite, it was a little different for me because you are asked five questions, and you have to record your answers. It is a little different because you are not actually talking to someone, and if you think you messed up a question, too bad soo sad ... you cant edit your recorded response...

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation, was very happy with the package