The Fresh Market Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Fresh Market Interview Questions

Updated Jan 14, 2018

1.9

Cashier Interview

Interview

It depends on the situation. You will be interviewed by the hiring manager and in my store the manager would rant for an hour straight and you would be hired right after.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with a problem in your past job   1 Answer

Assistant Deli Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The Fresh Market (Melbourne, FL) in November 2017.

Interview

called within 2 days after applying on line. scheduled interview that day with assistant store manager. very nice made the interview very comfortable. explained the company philosophy very well. asked good leading questions. easy to talk to. answered all my questions.
    scheduled second interview for next day with store manager. manager just as nice.

Interview Questions

• can I handle a busy environment   1 Answer

Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southern Pines, NC

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at The Fresh Market (Southern Pines, NC) in November 2017.

Interview

My experience was frustrating. I stopped in three times to meet the store manager to say, "hi," and let him know of my interest in working at Fresh Market. This was suggested to me by employees working there I was speaking with. The first two times my information was taken (over the last month) and told I would get a phone call. I mentioned I had applied for a position via the corporate website. I was told there are problems with jobs being posted that don't exist. Stopped in again today, after sending in an application online for a position at a store in my town this past weekend. Store manager (different one than I had spoken to before) told me that they (local stores) have no control over the process. Corporate just sends them resumes. I've applied twice, and haven't been able to get anyone to talk to me. According to the website, positions are open in the store in my town. Starting to feel that age-ism is the issue with Fresh Market.

Interview Questions

• Nothing - can't get an email or phone response, despite positions being advertised.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at The Fresh Market.

Interview

It was really quick. Really casual. Looked over my resume, asked me when my starting date was, and a few general customer service questions and a situation where I had to deal with an unpleasant customer.

Deli Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Fresh Market.

Interview

The interview process was concise, professional and left me with an excellent outlook on the position and company. I could tell my interviewer was the type that was going places within the company. The questions were excellent.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle an angry customer in the past?   1 Answer

Front End Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oak Brook, IL

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at The Fresh Market (Oak Brook, IL) in October 2017.

Interview

easy but a lot of question for interview. standard question .there was two people that ask me . it takes maybe 20 minutes.english is my second language but I could do that well .

Interview Questions

• tell me about yourself?
      what's your the greatest strength and weakness?
      why we should hire you
      tell us about difficult customer and co worker   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at The Fresh Market in September 2017.

Interview

They asked me questions about weird things like different names of spaghetti noodles and then asked about how to maximize sales at the register. I don't know if these are normal interview questions for a cashier position but okayyyyy

Interview Questions

• name the different types of pesto that are on the market?   Answer Question

Interview

Interviewed with an assistant manager. Questions were pretty basic. I was asked things about previous employment and why i wanted the position. I was also informed of the pay. I had a brief meeting right after with the front end manager before i was officially hired.

Interview Questions

• Describe one time you had to deal with an unhappy customer. How did you handle it? What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Fresh Market (Philadelphia, PA) in August 2017.

Interview

Applied for the position online and received a call for an interview the same day. Had the interview two days later with who I assume to be the manager. It was very casual. I had to call a few days later and was offered the job. I was told that I would receive an email about a background check in a few days but never did. When I called about the background check, I was put on hold for 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Can you handle difficult customers?

What is your availability?   Answer Question

Deli Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glen Ellyn, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Fresh Market (Glen Ellyn, IL) in August 2017.

Interview

Store Manager Kristen Nelson emailed me and set up an in person interview. She asked me about my experience... She asked how much I would like to get paid. They just asked about my experience and that's all.

Interview Questions

• How many years experience do you have?   1 Answer