The Fresh Market Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Fresh Market Interview Questions

Interviews at The Fresh Market

1.9

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Fresh Market in June 2020.

Interview

I applied online and got an email the next day to set up a phone interview. Had a phone interview with the regional manager 2 days later and the interview lasted 20 minutes; basically ensuring I had the qualifications for the job. My second interview was with the assistant store manager with more detailed interview, situational questions, and more about my experience. I was contacted again the following day to set up a final interview with the front end manager. Interview basically touched up on everything and what I would be doing. Interview went well and i was contacted via email to do a background check and was given my starting pay.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a difficult situation you experienced and how you overcame it?   Answer Question
    • Do you have grocery/retail experience?   Answer Question

The Fresh Market Response

Jun 16, 2020 – Recruiting Coordinator

We appreciate your review and welcome to The Fresh Market!

Interview

Easy interview. Got a call back within a few days with a job offer. Hiring manager was straight forward about position. He asked me about my schedule and to give details on prior job experience.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The Fresh Market (Salt Lake City, UT) in December 2019.

Interview

I applied online and received a phone call a couple of days later offering me an interview the next day. I met with the store manager in a seemingly casual interview situation, being asked about "myself" initially, then given some specific questions. I was told I would hear back a few days late when I was offered the job.

Interview Questions

• Why I wanted to work for Fresh Market.   1 Answer

Front End Interview

Interview

Laid back and professional. Great management. Normal questions. Timely. Outside environment. Nice weather. Friendly people and interactions. Nicely greeted. Offered free coffee. Great. Awesome. Easy. Nice. Not anxious or nervous because I was made to feel comfortable.

Produce Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at The Fresh Market (Tampa, FL) in October 2019.

Interview

Have applied for over 9 jobs, just a total waste of time. Went to the job fair in store was told I would be called the next day never heard back. The whole process is just a waste of time. You never hear back but they keep sending you tons of jobs openings. No wonder with this process.

Scan Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The Fresh Market in October 2019.

Interview

Easy process, personable leadership. Interview process was quick and easy to obtain. Hiring events make the process streamlined. Hiring seems to be done by a team which means there is more ambiguity around hiring process.

Interview Questions

• What makes you a good fit for working in a customer service environment.   Answer Question

Cheese Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fleming Island, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Fresh Market (Fleming Island, FL) in September 2019.

Interview

The interview was casual, leaning very heavily into the unprofessional side of things. A lot of questions were asked that were unrelated, mostly talking about culinary industry professionals I knew and had worked with in the past.

Corporate Trainer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Fresh Market (Greensboro, NC).

Interview

After phone interview, I was flown to corporate offices for a 1/2 day interview, rotating thru 4 different interviews. One meeting with the VP, one presentation, one development activity and then a round table interview. We broke in the middle for lunch.

Interview Questions

• Why would we pick you for this position?   1 Answer

Communications Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Fresh Market (Greensboro, NC) in May 2019.

Interview

one day after applying, i received an email for a phone interview with a recruiter ~ which went extremely well, which lead to a phone interview with the hiring manager. after my phone interview with the hiring manager, i was invited in for a team interview ~ all of this was in a span of 3 days.

Deli Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Fresh Market.

Interview

Standard interview questions were asked; why you would be a good fit for the position; previous work experience; what skills you have to offer, etc. As long as you have prepared answers for these standard questions and you show a good attitude, assuming you're qualified for the position, you'll very likely get the job.