The Fresh Market Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 18, 2018

1.9

Produce Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The Fresh Market (Tampa, FL) in June 2018.

Interview

Was a joke. Manager wouldn’t even make eye contact and cut me off on my answers. Told me would get call back in 2 days Called back and was told another few days.
    The whole process is a waste of time. I asked for $1 more than $11 based on my very long customer service. Manager couldn’t even remember that and told me I was asking for way to much.
    Didn’t realize $1 would break The Fresh Markets bank.

Anonymous Employee in Lake Mary, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The Fresh Market (Lake Mary, FL) in February 2018.

Interview

Applied online and in 2 days I received a phone call to come in. SUPER easy interview. Went over my cashiering experience. Interview lasted about 15 minutes and had a call within 3 hours that the job was mine. Couldn't not be easier.

Cashier Interview

Interview

It depends on the situation. You will be interviewed by the hiring manager and in my store the manager would rant for an hour straight and you would be hired right after.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with a problem in your past job   1 Answer

Deli Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newport News, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Fresh Market (Newport News, VA) in January 2018.

Interview

They seemed more interested in my personality and how well I would fit the team overall than how well I was prepared to answer any complicated questions. Overall I got the impression they just needed somebody to fill the position.

Interview Questions

• Questions related to my background with prepping / handling food   Answer Question

Courtsey Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vero Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The Fresh Market (Vero Beach, FL) in January 2018.

Interview

The interview process at The Fresh Market was very straight forward. I met with two different managers over a three day period. Overall, both managers were very easy-going and friendly.

Assistant Deli Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The Fresh Market (Melbourne, FL) in November 2017.

Interview

called within 2 days after applying on line. scheduled interview that day with assistant store manager. very nice made the interview very comfortable. explained the company philosophy very well. asked good leading questions. easy to talk to. answered all my questions.
    scheduled second interview for next day with store manager. manager just as nice.

Interview Questions

• can I handle a busy environment   1 Answer

Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southern Pines, NC

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at The Fresh Market (Southern Pines, NC) in November 2017.

Interview

My experience was frustrating. I stopped in three times to meet the store manager to say, "hi," and let him know of my interest in working at Fresh Market. This was suggested to me by employees working there I was speaking with. The first two times my information was taken (over the last month) and told I would get a phone call. I mentioned I had applied for a position via the corporate website. I was told there are problems with jobs being posted that don't exist. Stopped in again today, after sending in an application online for a position at a store in my town this past weekend. Store manager (different one than I had spoken to before) told me that they (local stores) have no control over the process. Corporate just sends them resumes. I've applied twice, and haven't been able to get anyone to talk to me. According to the website, positions are open in the store in my town. Starting to feel that age-ism is the issue with Fresh Market.

Interview Questions

• Nothing - can't get an email or phone response, despite positions being advertised.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at The Fresh Market.

Interview

It was really quick. Really casual. Looked over my resume, asked me when my starting date was, and a few general customer service questions and a situation where I had to deal with an unpleasant customer.

Deli Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Fresh Market.

Interview

The interview process was concise, professional and left me with an excellent outlook on the position and company. I could tell my interviewer was the type that was going places within the company. The questions were excellent.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle an angry customer in the past?   1 Answer

Front End Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oak Brook, IL

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at The Fresh Market (Oak Brook, IL) in October 2017.

Interview

easy but a lot of question for interview. standard question .there was two people that ask me . it takes maybe 20 minutes.english is my second language but I could do that well .

Interview Questions

• tell me about yourself?
      what's your the greatest strength and weakness?
      why we should hire you