The Fresh Market Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Fresh Market Interview Questions

Updated Sep 12, 2018

1.9

Part Time Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at The Fresh Market.

Interview

I thought the long online application was ridiculously long, the interview it's self seemed normal.

Interview Questions

• nothing was unexpected , not real clear about pay and raises even when I directly asked.   1 Answer

Part Time Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at The Fresh Market (Rockville, MD) in March 2014.

Interview

applied online and received phone call to come in for interview approximately 3 months later. Showed up 30 minutes early for interview and on the day following a snow day which was im guessing worked in my favor. After showing up i asked the clerk to contact the manager I was supposed to be interviewing with. 5 minutes later the store manager and the Front End Manager showed up to interview me. Once the interview process was complete they both said that they would contact me if they were interested in offering me the position which they did 4 hours later.

Interview Questions

• There werent any the questions were fairly simple in comparison to other companies that I have interview with.   Answer Question

Negotiation

None the pay for the position was sligly lower than what my current employer had been paying me so they just matched my pay from my former employer.

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Fresh Market (Charlotte, NC) in October 2011.

Interview

The Process took extremely long! There was not very much communication; at one point I did not hear back from them for about 14 days and started to make other plans. I received a phone call for a phone interview and scheduled the interview right away. After the first interview, I received a skills test and a phone call 2 days later to schedule a second interview with a group of people. After that nothing, until I got a call out of the blue with a job offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Nothing really to negotiate. I stated what they I wanted and that is what I received.

Anonymous Employee in Germantown, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Fresh Market (Germantown, TN) in August 2009.

Interview

I applied to the position and it took some time for them to contact me. I then received my phone interview and then I had a one on one chat with the District manager and then the Regional Director of Operations. After the interviews I was then presented an offer over the phone and then formally with a letter.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question or unexpected one was on the assessment tests, asking how I would proceed knowing a financial situation.   Answer Question

Negotiation

None, they said I was hired and this was what my salary was.

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Fresh Market.

Interview

Two interviews. one with recruiter and one with regional vice president.

Negotiation

not much negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at The Fresh Market (Atlanta, GA) in May 2013.

Interview

I was contacted by the HR person the day after taking their absurdly long quiz and personality test. We scheduled a phone interview for later in the week. We talked for about an hour. He was borderline combative. At the end he was very nice and talked about all the fun times I would have working at the company-- the growth, insurance et.al.
    He told me I would have a face to face interview with in a week. I was contacted by the District Manager 3 weeks later and told he was ready to meet. I let him know up front that I was already in talks for another job.
    We had a meeting scheduled for lunch time, he pushed it back an hour. I knew then this was not the place for me. We did the normal dance. He asked me about my previous jobs and behavior stuff. Then went into my willingness to move around.
    He told me he would contact me by the end of the week. I let him know that I had other offers that seemed more promising and not to waste his time.
    This company is run by the numbers. I would say go with Whole Foods or Kroger and if you have to Trader Joes but they are just as terrible as Fresh Market if not worse.
    I found a much better job with higher than 42000 a year which is what they were offering. I hope this company changes. They have a great looking facade but from what I have seen they are rotten on the inside.

Interview Questions

• Asked 4 specific behavior based questions. They were all contrived and silly.   Answer Question

I want to work for a company that is true to it's word. Being a flake in an interview means you will be a huge flake to work for.

Anonymous Employee in Jackson, MS

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Fresh Market (Jackson, MS) in August 2011.

Interview

long,to many assesments, and to many level of interviews. interview 3hrs

Interview Questions

• what was the most difficult problem you faced as a store manager   Answer Question

Negotiation

difficult

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Fresh Market in September 2009.

Interview

Received call from HR for interview. Interview asked good questions. However, they didn't sell their company. Your Mobility is key. If you want to be hired into management, you need to be mobile and able to move in about 6 months (depending upon your success) There is an initial 8 wk training program. They will have you fill out what areas you are willing to relocate to. When they ask you to finally relocate - you'd better do it or you may lose your job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation given. Pay is low compared to Publix and other competitors.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, NC

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Fresh Market (Greenville, NC) in February 2010.

Interview

The interview process began with a phone interview from the HR department in Greensboro. The phone interview was not very difficult, followed the lines of many retail management interviews, I was told that the district manager would contact me. After speaking with the DM I met with him the following week. Same type of interview as the phone interview and I was then told that I would interview with the RVP. The following week I met with the RVP, same type of interview, not very in depth, general retail knowledge and a few behavioral questions. Felt good after the third interview, was told that I would be informed of the decision the following week. After 4 weeks and no contact from anyone at the Fresh Market thought I would call the HR department to inquire. Was told the position was offered to someone else. Guess the Fresh Market doesn't let you know the outcome, they just let you keep blowing in the wind. Although I always enjoyed shopping there, I thought there lack of contact was very unprofessional and glad they chose someone else.

Interview Questions

• Explain a situation where you had a disagreement with your superior and how did you resolve the situation?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington-Fayette, KY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Fresh Market (Lexington-Fayette, KY) in April 2012.

Interview

So many things to mention here. First of all I was asked to be interviewed and never acted as if I wanted the position. I interviewed with some mono tone corporate guy, then had the same questions from the district manager and regional manager only to be told we will get in touch with you. After a month and seeing obviously they had someone else chosen and ready to be trained i was told i would be put on a training program for the next few months to get me ready. Ha, that never happened and i never was talked to about it again.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to relocate anywhere in the country for this position.   1 Answer

They took too long to get my an answer.