The Fresh Market Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Fresh Market Interview Questions

Updated Nov 1, 2017

1.9

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at The Fresh Market.

Interview

It was really quick. Really casual. Looked over my resume, asked me when my starting date was, and a few general customer service questions and a situation where I had to deal with an unpleasant customer.

Deli Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Fresh Market.

Interview

The interview process was concise, professional and left me with an excellent outlook on the position and company. I could tell my interviewer was the type that was going places within the company. The questions were excellent.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle an angry customer in the past?   1 Answer

Front End Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oak Brook, IL

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at The Fresh Market (Oak Brook, IL) in October 2017.

Interview

easy but a lot of question for interview. standard question .there was two people that ask me . it takes maybe 20 minutes.english is my second language but I could do that well .

Interview Questions

• tell me about yourself?
      what's your the greatest strength and weakness?
      why we should hire you
      tell us about difficult customer and co worker   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at The Fresh Market in September 2017.

Interview

They asked me questions about weird things like different names of spaghetti noodles and then asked about how to maximize sales at the register. I don't know if these are normal interview questions for a cashier position but okayyyyy

Interview Questions

• name the different types of pesto that are on the market?   Answer Question

Interview

Interviewed with an assistant manager. Questions were pretty basic. I was asked things about previous employment and why i wanted the position. I was also informed of the pay. I had a brief meeting right after with the front end manager before i was officially hired.

Interview Questions

• Describe one time you had to deal with an unhappy customer. How did you handle it? What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Fresh Market (Philadelphia, PA) in August 2017.

Interview

Applied for the position online and received a call for an interview the same day. Had the interview two days later with who I assume to be the manager. It was very casual. I had to call a few days later and was offered the job. I was told that I would receive an email about a background check in a few days but never did. When I called about the background check, I was put on hold for 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Can you handle difficult customers?

What is your availability?   Answer Question

Deli Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glen Ellyn, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Fresh Market (Glen Ellyn, IL) in August 2017.

Interview

Store Manager Kristen Nelson emailed me and set up an in person interview. She asked me about my experience... She asked how much I would like to get paid. They just asked about my experience and that's all.

Interview Questions

• How many years experience do you have?   1 Answer

Grocery Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at The Fresh Market.

Interview

The interview wasn't much like any I have done before. After the normal question of tell me about your work experience and education, the interviewer asked about what I like to do in my free time, how well I can work with a vast majority senior citizen clientele, and what I did in college and high school. It was super relaxed and we had enjoyable small talk for the last 10 or so minutes of the interview. I told her what I expect to be paid (from the ranges on glassdoor) and she negotiated with me which was a welcome experience from other jobs. She didn't try lowballing me and was very pleasant.

Interview Questions

• Name your greatest accomplishment from either college or high school   Answer Question

Front End Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Fresh Market in June 2017.

Interview

Quick application directly from the website.
    Interview was quick and concise.
    Met with front end manager in small cash office, was less than 10 minutes.
    Communication is a little lacking between store manager and front end manager.

Bakery Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Fresh Market (Orlando, FL) in May 2017.

Interview

The interview was quick and to the point. They stated that most of the information they needed was in my resume and the online application I filled out. The manager seemed quick to end the interview due to how busy the store seemed to be.