U.S. Bank Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

1. Featured Interview

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

One phone screening and then a few weeks later a FTF interview. Everyone through the process was very professional and very easy to talk business with. I enjoyed the laid back interview and really felt we all meshed really well together.

Phone Banker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Portland, OR) in February 2016.

Interview

definitely need to understand people outside of yourself. People persons required if you really want this job. They need a personality that can deal with any situation since you are talking on the behalf of a financial institution.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a difficult customer?   3 Answers

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (San Francisco, CA) in August 2018.

Interview

The interviewer did not know Java , he asked Java questions searching from internet in front of me , when I was explaining things writing things on board he was expecting one word answers what is written in internet. The worst part is he reported something wrong to my contractor K Force because of which I was not contacted further. The same day I attended another interview from Cisco which I was able to clear and get in without any hastle. This explains how poor the interview process was in my case.

Interview Questions

• 5 keywords in exception handling   1 Answer

Lead Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Louisville, KY) in May 2017.

Interview

The process wasn't very difficult at all. It did require and initial phone screening. I was then asked to come into the branch to complete an in person interview.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in five years?   1 Answer

Lead Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Chicago, IL) in December 2018.

Interview

It was straightforward - fast process. I applied online during the last week of November and received a call the first week of December. I had a phone screening, in person interview 3 days later, received a conditional offer the following day. I also received an email to process my background check and schedule my fingerprinting. It took 24 hours for both to clear. I received an email stating that I was cleared and obtained a start date as well.

Interview Questions

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Bank in March 2011.

Interview

The people who interviewed me were very approachable and easy to talk to. It was a very non-threatening, professional interview. It make me want to work with such co-workers! :D

Leadership Development Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Denver, CO) in April 2010.

Interview

I originally submitted and application during a college career fair. I was contacted for a last minute interview that consisted of two parts, both in front of panels one 3 person panel one 4 person panel. The second round was another panel interview with higher up managers (4).

At this point they called me back for a third day of interviews and decided I would fit better in another position and that required another set of interviews (4 more to be exact)

It was a long process but everyone was very nice and easy to talk to

DO YOUR RESEARCH AHEAD OF TIME

Interview Questions

• How are M&M's made?   11 Answers
    • What would you do during your first 90 days on the job?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There wasn't a negotiation, the salary came back higher than I had expected and as this job was much higher than the one I had applied for I accepted

Leadership Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2011.

Interview

There was a career fair at my university, and I got a phone interview through a recruiter. I didn't even apply; they just called me. The phone interview was about 40 minutes. My interviewer was really chill; it felt really informal. Lots of behavioral questions and "Why do you want to work here?" kind of questions.

After the phone interview, I got called back for the panel interviews at the office. My first panel interview included 1 current LDP and 2 branch managers. More behaviorable questions (pretty much the same as the phone interview). Time to ask questions about the program and being a branch manager. The 2nd panel interview (about an hour and half later) was with 2 district managers. Even more behavioral questions but also about your experience (based on your resume). They were really nice.

A couple weeks later, I got a call from the hiring manager and was told that I made to the "assessment interview". This interview was supposed to be conducted by the Gallup company (because they ask you behavioral questions in a very stoic and unbiased manner to determine your fit into the company). I called Gallup to set up my interview (which was supposed to take approx 45min-1hr) but was told that the request for my interview had been canceled.

Later, I called US Bank to clarify what had happened. Apparently, the program was "on hold" indefinitely and I was told that if I found anything else interesting on their site, then I can let them know. Needless to say, I moved on in my job hunt.

Interview Questions

• If you had a single mom employee (banker), who brought in tons of business and was absolutely stellar, what would you do if she wanted to leave because she was being offered a better paying job at your competitor's company? You have maxed out your salary budget as well.   2 Answers

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at U.S. Bank.

Interview

It started with about 2 telephone interviews in late 2011. A month later I was called in for a panel interview with three Branch Managers. They asked general questions to determine my background and problem solving skills. On the same day, I was told to go upstairs and met with District Manager. That process went well, and was interviewed a week later by the VP. Overall, their questions were great because they seek to determine your problem solving skills, and not necessarily a great-sounding answer.

Interview Questions

• Your boss tells you in confidence that he is considering firing a colleague, who happens to be your best friend at work. How would you handle this situation?   Answer Question

Negotiation

N/A

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at U.S. Bank in February 2019.

Interview

An online application process where the applicant gives information, a resume, a cover letter, etc, followed by a phone interview. The phone interview is performed by a US Bank employee with software development experience. The interview was relatively normal and enjoyable. The employee was informative.