U.S. Bank Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 17, 2017

2.6

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (New York, NY).

Interview

Phone interview with U.S. Bank recruiter for an hour, then phone interview with hiring manager the next day. People seemed very friendly and position sounds well established with many peers to work with.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my employment history and experience, how I felt about making presentations, if I had ever received cash awards. They asked about how I had made an improvement to a process.   Answer Question

Branch Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at U.S. Bank in February 2017.

Interview

Interview was conducted by 2 interviewers - District Manager and Performance Coach, Behavioral questions were asked along with process questions about my current employment, we discussed the culture of the company, organization and branch structure.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time someone asked you to do something unethical   Answer Question

Credit Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Minneapolis, MN) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied on LinkedIn. The recruiter contacted me within two weeks of my application. We went back and forth on a time to accommodate my schedule as I had to travel one of the days she had interview times available, and my current employer didn't cement the details until the day before I was to travel.The initial interview was to be 15 minutes with a senior recruiter from Human Resources. I probably went 10 minutes into the interview before it ended. Interview questions consisted of the typical screening questions human resources generally asks.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at US Bank?

Why are your leaving your current position?

Why are you interested in this job?

What is your current salary?

Why should my hiring manager hire you? See my answer. The recruiter was pushy with this and forced me to walk away as I wouldn't disclose my salary to her.
      1 Answer

Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Sacramento, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online, got a call about a week later. I went in for an interview. During the interview I was just very talkative and engaging, I asked my own questions for them. They really look for personality, so make sure you smile and you are really engaging in the conversation. After 3 days they called and offered me the job, so now I am waiting to hear back from the branch manager.

.NET Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (New York, NY).

Interview

Recruiter contacted me for the position and I was asked to come in person. 45 min interview with two people. Started me off with a 4pg multiple choice assessment. Mainly went through each position listed in resume.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Bank.

Interview

Applied for the position online through the companies web page. I was callled a few days later and had a brief phone interview with the Branch Manager. We schedule a one on one interview for a couple of days later. One on one interview was with Branch Manager, Assistant Branch Manger, and Teller Supervisor

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions - What are your greatest strengths and weaknesses?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when a customer was angry and how did you handle it? And what did you do to resolve the problem?   Answer Question
    • What does customer service mean to you?   Answer Question

Universal Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Napa, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Napa, CA).

Interview

Typical questions. The whole process took about two weeks.After interviewing with branch manager I had a phone interview with the district manager. About 3 days later was offered position. Did end up decking as I received a better offer from another bank.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you had to adapt to change and what helped you adapt   1 Answer

Mortgage Loan Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bedford Heights, Cuyahoga, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Bedford Heights, Cuyahoga, OH).

Interview

The interview process was very basic process. It's all about commissions earned within the last 24 months. You will be required to show all commission-able earnings by submitting your last 12 months pay stubs and prior year's w2 statement.

Operations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (New York, NY).

Interview

Phone interview after emailing. This was initial interview to gage experience, etc. I was contacted via email first to set up a phone interview time. This position was for corporate employee trainer in the Twin Cities area. The questions sometimes put you on the spot but nothing crazy. Explained the job responsibilities, etc and left time for questions at the end

Branch Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Went in for a Branch Manger interview, given the opportunity to interview, spoke with regional management. They passed me to President of banking.. The interview began discussing a position that wasn't listed and as a result there was no offer. There was no clarity in the process and a lot of false promises and ideas that were a lot to live unto expectations. The first interview panel was personable, the second one on one left a lot to be desired.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for US bank   1 Answer