U.S. Bank Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 17, 2018

2.6

Branch Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Nashville, TN).

Interview

I spoke on LinkedIn with a veteran recruiter (I am a veteran), whom told me to reach out to the recruiter responsible for the position (and gave me her name). I applied online and reached out to the second recruiter via LinkedIn . I never received a response from the second recruiter and received an automated email less than a week later stating I had not been selected.

I fit the position description and qualifications almost perfectly (four years retail sales management experience, undergraduate degree) so I was left with the impression that, in practice, this company doesn't seem particularly interested in hiring veterans (or even speaking with them in depth), despite overtures on their career website. I've come to this conclusion because:

- I applied for two "Branch Manager" positions and, as of my completion of this review, they have still remained as open vacancies on the company career website (I also received an email for the second position - not selected again).

- There is a plethora of other branch manager vacancies in my area, yet my reaching out to them has generated almost no actionable interest, much less a request to apply for the other positions.

- Another email to the original recruiter following-up to remind them of my interest has gone ignored (up to now).

While I could very well receive a response from them in the future for other positions, I'm writing this review because my candidacy for the position(s) I applied for has apparently ended.

Interview Questions

• Normal application questions: Asked for normal biographical information along with education and experience.   1 Answer

Asset Management Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Bank.

Interview

Had a first-round at my school, which was a one-on-one that consisted of many behavioral questions. Invited to come to their office for a superday within a week, had several interviews with people in different divisions. received my offer within a week or so after that.

Interview Questions

• Fairly basic behaviorals: strengths, weaknesses, how you work in a team, why do you want to work here   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at U.S. Bank.

Interview

Phone interview - for about 20 minutes - hiring for January position - just the begining of process will call after the holidays. Need expierence with outlook - calander

Interview Questions

• List skills for office - current job skills   1 Answer

Teller Interview

Interview

Went in for interview, 2 days later got the job. Interview asked a lot about what you think is good customer service and what you would do in certain situations

Default Counseling Relationship Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Saint Louis, MO) in December 2017.

Interview

I applied online and received an email back a few weeks later to schedule a phone interview. I got a call from a lady, which lasted about 15 or 20 minutes. She detailed what the day to day tasks were for the job and then asked me about my job experience and typical questions about why they should hire me. It was pretty laid back.

Interview Questions

• Why should we choose you? Describe a difficult time at one of my jobs and how I handled it
      Why I want to work for US Bank?   Answer Question

Universal Banker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Bank.

Interview

Process took a little bit of time because of multiple interviews and the actual process of sending out the job offer from the human resource department. Once the offer was sent out I had to drive 2 hours to get finger printed. There was nothing closer. But since then it has been easy

Interview Questions

• They asked a few questions about how I would handle certain situations that can occur during the job   Answer Question

Branch Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at U.S. Bank in December 2017.

Interview

Just had an interview today. Haven't had enough time to see if they will offer employment yet. 2 interviewers. Each had a packet with about 30 questions on it. They take lots of notes. They had a timer set for 1 hour.

Interview Questions

• Describe your management style. After you explain, they then ask... now tell us how that differentiates you from other candidates we may be interviewing.   Answer Question
    • If hired, what is your plan for the first 90 days?   1 Answer
    • Give examples of a time you had a difficult employee and how you handled it.   Answer Question
    • Tell us what you know of a profit and loss bank.   Answer Question
    • Give us an example of a successful small business interaction you had. Great. Now give us another example.   Answer Question
    • What motivates you?   Answer Question
    • In your opinion, what does great customer service look like?   Answer Question
    • Where do you see the banking industry going in the next 20 years?   1 Answer
    • Tell us what you know about US Bank.   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

First round was a telephone interview with a high up executive. The second round was at the corporate Head Quarters in Minneapolis. It was fairly low key, mostly situational questions.

Interview Questions

• Name a process you made and how it made things simpler.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Cincinnati, OH) in November 2017.

Interview

Short phone call straight to experience and knowledge. Mainly focused on programming experience. Also my education background and GPA. They were over all very nice and helpful. As long as you prepare you should be fine.

Customer Service Collections Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ferguson, MO

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Ferguson, MO) in November 2017.

Interview

I applied on Indeed, the recruiter sent me an email advising me to apply on the U.S Bank website. I did and the next day I got a email to schedule an over the phone interview, two days later I got another phone calling scheduling the in person interview with the Collections Supervisor.. He was really nice, and he gave me some more insight on the company and what they were looking for as well as role playing as if some called regarding to there Account.. Overall great interview , laid-back. And positive outcome.. About two days later I got a phone call extending the offer !

Interview Questions

• How do you know when you’re doing a good job?   Answer Question
    • Name a time where you had to receive feedback on the job ? And the things you need to correct and how you corrected them ?   Answer Question