U.S. Bank Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,065 Interview Reviews

2.6

Phone Banker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Portland, OR) in February 2016.

Interview

definitely need to understand people outside of yourself. People persons required if you really want this job. They need a personality that can deal with any situation since you are talking on the behalf of a financial institution.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a difficult customer?   1 Answer

Audit Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Chicago, IL) in January 2012.

Interview

I literally never even met my boss. The entire interview was done on the phone. I interviewed with the team over the phone. So I had a series of phone interviews and no in-person interviews at all.

Lead Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Louisville, KY) in May 2017.

Interview

The process wasn't very difficult at all. It did require and initial phone screening. I was then asked to come into the branch to complete an in person interview.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in five years?   1 Answer

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Bank in March 2011.

Interview

The people who interviewed me were very approachable and easy to talk to. It was a very non-threatening, professional interview. It make me want to work with such co-workers! :D

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (San Jose, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

I submitted my resume at a college career fair, and I was contacted within a few days via email and phone. I got a phone interview through a recruiter two weeks later, and it lasted 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time when you had to utilize leadership skills. Describe a quality of a person that would be hard to work with.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at U.S. Bank.

Interview

It started with about 2 telephone interviews in late 2011. A month later I was called in for a panel interview with three Branch Managers. They asked general questions to determine my background and problem solving skills. On the same day, I was told to go upstairs and met with District Manager. That process went well, and was interviewed a week later by the VP. Overall, their questions were great because they seek to determine your problem solving skills, and not necessarily a great-sounding answer.

Interview Questions

• Your boss tells you in confidence that he is considering firing a colleague, who happens to be your best friend at work. How would you handle this situation?   Answer Question

Negotiation

N/A

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Denver, CO) in April 2010.

Interview

I originally submitted and application during a college career fair. I was contacted for a last minute interview that consisted of two parts, both in front of panels one 3 person panel one 4 person panel. The second round was another panel interview with higher up managers (4).

At this point they called me back for a third day of interviews and decided I would fit better in another position and that required another set of interviews (4 more to be exact)

It was a long process but everyone was very nice and easy to talk to

DO YOUR RESEARCH AHEAD OF TIME

Interview Questions

• How are M&M's made?   11 Answers
    • What would you do during your first 90 days on the job?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There wasn't a negotiation, the salary came back higher than I had expected and as this job was much higher than the one I had applied for I accepted

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2011.

Interview

There was a career fair at my university, and I got a phone interview through a recruiter. I didn't even apply; they just called me. The phone interview was about 40 minutes. My interviewer was really chill; it felt really informal. Lots of behavioral questions and "Why do you want to work here?" kind of questions.

After the phone interview, I got called back for the panel interviews at the office. My first panel interview included 1 current LDP and 2 branch managers. More behaviorable questions (pretty much the same as the phone interview). Time to ask questions about the program and being a branch manager. The 2nd panel interview (about an hour and half later) was with 2 district managers. Even more behavioral questions but also about your experience (based on your resume). They were really nice.

A couple weeks later, I got a call from the hiring manager and was told that I made to the "assessment interview". This interview was supposed to be conducted by the Gallup company (because they ask you behavioral questions in a very stoic and unbiased manner to determine your fit into the company). I called Gallup to set up my interview (which was supposed to take approx 45min-1hr) but was told that the request for my interview had been canceled.

Later, I called US Bank to clarify what had happened. Apparently, the program was "on hold" indefinitely and I was told that if I found anything else interesting on their site, then I can let them know. Needless to say, I moved on in my job hunt.

Interview Questions

• If you had a single mom employee (banker), who brought in tons of business and was absolutely stellar, what would you do if she wanted to leave because she was being offered a better paying job at your competitor's company? You have maxed out your salary budget as well.   2 Answers

Software Tester Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Chicago, IL) in June 2017.

Interview

The interview experience was very motivating and encouraging. The first round was with the QA manager who basically asked about my past experiences, questions about SDLC, my past projects exposure to Agile and few other technical questions. He was super nice and friendly, and even helped me where I got stuck. The next round was with two fellow QA managers, which went a little more technical and they tested me with behavioral as well as technical details like what happens during a release night? The third round was with QA lead who was again super nice and just asked about my past experiences and after that I got an offer from the HR.

Interview Questions

• 1. Define SDLC
      2. challenging situation you handled?
      3. tell me about a time........Conflict situation   3 Answers

Software Tester Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Saint Louis, MO) in January 2016.

Interview

Initial interview was on phone with hiring manager. Basic questions, professional and comfortable setting. Was asked for 2nd in-person interview at the job location and met again with the hiring manager and supervisor. Again it was very straight forward questioning, however when I would respond the supervisor would hint for me to "correct" my response to better meet his expected answer, it felt unsupportive and unprofessional, especially for someone who is supposed to have supervisory skills. The job was later cancelled so no offer given.

Interview Questions

• Although there was no mention in the job description or phone interview in regard to SQL knowledge, at the in-person interview I was given several unexpected SQL tests to answer.   Answer Question