WellPoint Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

Sort:

Contract Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodland Hills, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at WellPoint (Woodland Hills, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

Applied online through monster. Got call for interview by email. The interview panel consisted of 2 person including the Head of Department. It was a shot interview process of around 20-25 minutes with questions on your experience in contracts. However, they required someone with more specific experience in healthcare industry. My resume never displayed experience in healthcare but was called...dont know why???

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have in healthcare contracts?   1 Answer

Outreach Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at WellPoint (New York, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

Met with the hiring manager who was friendly and very personable, made me feel comfortable from the very beginning which made the process less stressful. I was asked basic questions about my experience and industry knowledge as well as software applications. Was also given hypothetical scenarios to see how I deal with coworkers/members. Met with a 2nd person immediately and read a paragraph in Spanish, answered more hypotheticals.

Strategic Sourcing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at WellPoint (Indianapolis, IN) in March 2012.

Interview

Simple interview process with a fast decision. Three telephone interviews with management from hiring department followed by a job offer at a competitive salary from HR. Interview questions were behavioral in nature to draw on past experience. More time should have been spent during the interview process to screen for good job fit with the culture and work team. Ask a lot of questions before accepting.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions. Senior leader's questions focused on my goals for the next 5 years with good reason. If rapid advancement is important to you, be sure to ask.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Salary was not negotiable.

Strategic Sourcing Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at WellPoint in September 2014.

Interview

Applied online and received an invitation to attend a networking dinner, which consisted of sitting at a table with 3-4 other students while the employees moved around for 10 minute sessions at each table. Currently in the interview process.
    Back to back interview with a behavioral interview followed by a case interview.

Claims Processor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Woodland Hills, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at WellPoint (Woodland Hills, CA) in November 2012.

Interview

Natalie Martinez, gave me confidence and hope in what to expect if I were to be hired she even wished i would be apart of her team, once hired she would make sure that i learned a lot about the business

Interview Questions

• Did I have any medical insurance experience   1 Answer

Claims Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at WellPoint in December 2014.

Interview

After applying, they emailed an assessment that contained three parts. After that assessment, an email arrived to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview was an operator asking detailed questions about yourself, salary expectations, previous employment, etc. After, another email was received to schedule a panel interview. Upon panel interview, employment offer was given.

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave your previous job?   1 Answer
    • How would you deal with a difficult customer?   1 Answer

Low pay for my experience and education.

Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at WellPoint (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

First applied to an online ad and heard nothing. 6 weeks later I faxed my unsolicited resume to HR directly and got a call the same day. I guess since HR wasn't inundated with thousands at the same time (since no ad was running at the time of my fax) they were probably only getting a few a day and were able to take time to read them.

I first interviewed with HR. Later invited back to interview with direct boss. Later invited back to interview with Dept head. I was also sent to an independent employment agency to perform pre-employment testing.

Interview Questions

• I don't really recall anything out of the ordinary. I had several years experience in the same position with a different company so I understood all of the technical questions they had and was able to easily answer them.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was asked on the job application and in each of 3 different interviews "what is the absolute minimum salary you would accept?" Then I was actually offered 15% more than the amount I had stated all 4 times!

Nurse Reviewer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at WellPoint in May 2014.

Interview

Testing phone and one on one interview great recruiter will be working contract for six months then hired if meet expectations, productivity and quality standards. Look forward to working with the group and seeing what they have to offer in the way of career advancement. Understand from interview there are good opportunities for promotion and advancement.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at WellPoint.

Interview

It was an interesting interview process. It involved several rounds with several different people. From what I've heard there isn't necessarily a standard format between teams on how interviewing works.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at WellPoint in July 2009.

Interview

Company recruiter selected the resumes for hiring managers to start the first round of phone interview. Then it comes with team lead's second phone interview. Finally on-site skill test and group interivew (most of them are on the phone thanks to the virtual team concept). Well organized interview questions.

Interview Questions

• What is the most admired traits that your colleagues have?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Well Point's offer is on the low end of my expectation. Negotatiation depends on your leverage, e.g., multiple offers or if unemployeed.