Xerox Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 29, 2018
1,103 Interview Reviews

2.4

Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Xerox in January 2014.

Interview

too long and they dont care they dont train good they dont care abput employees ergrger Thgey interview people and then the people quits doing training so they dont really keep people at all

Lead Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Xerox in October 2016.

Interview

It was a phone interview. I feel like it went well. There were 3 people on the phone with me. The interview took about 30 minutes. I am still waiting to hear back from them.

Interview Questions

Interview

just show up willing to do some work for 6 months or more and you will get it. just prepare yourself that the initial salary offer is all that you'll ever get from this company

Interview Questions

Negotiation

simple

Anonymous Employee in Tarrytown, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Xerox (Tarrytown, NY) in April 2012.

Interview

Very basic technical questions related with latest trends of .NET

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I didn't went into any negotiations. Went for the brand name.

Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Xerox (El Segundo, CA) in December 2007.

Interview

I first met them at a career fair at my school. The rep was extremely friendly and although I had only stopped there because he smiled at me, he immediately made me interested in the company. He made sure to ask me what my career goals were and wrote them down at the top of my resume to make sure he didn't forget. True to his word, he got my resume in and I was contacted soon for an interview.

The actual interview took place onsite and lasted 2 hours. I interviewed with 4 different managers, each lasting half an hour. My first interview was half behavioral and half technical, ending with a whiteboard question. A member from the team was also present in this interview. My next 2 interviews were mostly talking about the company and only slightly technical. The last interview had a question similar to "How many televisions do you think are in the United States". The first manager and the third manager were both very friendly although the second and the fourth seemed rather bored.

The main advice I would give is just to be very enthusiastic about Xerox. The people who work there have such a huge sense of pride in the company and they are very loyal to Xerox. You should sound very excited to have the chance of interviewing there. Do research before you go - make sure you know the current news about Xerox and then try to bring that up in your interview so you can show you really know the company. Also, Xerox loves "horizontal learning" - talk about things you have done just for the experience instead of just doing it to further your career.

Interview Questions

• Write a function that determines the number of 1 bits in the computer's internal representation of a given integer.   2 Answers

Negotiation

I actually interviewed for an intern position so I could not negotiate for that. However, after my internship was over, I was offered a full time position for when I graduated and the salary was definitely comparable to other similar companies. However, I still looked around and got another offer. Although the salary was lower, they were able to provide me with a bonus which I mentioned to Xerox. I was able to negotiate a starting bonus which was very generous of them. My advice is if you have another offer, tell Xerox and most likely they will try to negotiate to convince you to accept their offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Xerox (Rochester, NY) in February 2009.

Interview

I walked into the office in downtown Rochester, the office seemed really big and organized. Then after talking to security I was taken to the 16th floor where I had a 2:1 interview. The first guy I couldn't understand his foreign accent too well, but the 2nd guy I could. They described the job as using the google maps API to pinpoint where to send out technicians to repair things. I believe they asked me about ASP.NET experience and Javascript. After a few questions I had them sold and they actually walked me to my car. They seemed really friendly, however their offer was not enticing enough to leave school for 6 months.

Interview Questions

I chose to study instead

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Xerox.

Interview

Initial phone interview followed by onsite interviews. Design patterns, Linked List, Data Structures and Algorithms, Agile processes. The interviewer were very friendly
    and help you throughout the process. Overall a good experience.

Anonymous Employee in Webster, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Xerox (Webster, NY) in December 2014.

Interview

Was e-mailed by the manager of the team I would be working for. No initial phone interview happened; I was invited to come directly to the work location and interview in person. Had two rounds of interviews with the manager of the team and his senior level staff. No coding / technical questions were asked. Instead, they asked basic questions around language concepts and tools, as well as items off of my resume.

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Xerox (Rochester, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

3 rounds with multiple teams in different groups. Main focus on technical skills, programming skills and cultural fit. Asked about previous experience and projects. A tour of the facility during on-site interview.

Anonymous Employee in Webster, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Xerox (Webster, NY) in May 2013.

Interview

Resume on the company site, phone call, one day interview. Met with four different teams working on all different levels and products. Asked technical questions relating to their projects. Questions were about the projects worked on during education time, and spare time activities.