Zynga Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Zynga Interview Questions

Interviews at Zynga

1. Featured Interview

Senior UI Artist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Zynga (Bengaluru (India)) in May 2019.

Interview

After 2 round with HR they will give you the Practical test. After practical test is passed they will proceed to next round. Mostly Management is out from india. they will have video call for an interview. They will take 6-7 round with each department Head. Overall experience is good.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions regarding Gaming studio process and your approach towards work pipeline   1 Answer

Level Designer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zynga.

Interview

It started with a phone interview with a Zynga recruiter which lead to a level design test where I was asked to layout a level relating to the project I would be working on. Next was an onsite meeting with the project manager and design team where I demonstrated the different aspects of my level and answered questions from the team.

Interview Questions

• What are your thoughts on A/B testing in relation to the first time player's experience?   1 Answer

Designer Interview

Interview

Recruiter reached out to schedule a call, then never called or responded to my email asking if it would be better to reschedule.

A million reasons could explain this, but very few excuse not at least being professional enough to notify the candidate that a scheduled interview isn't happening.

Interview Questions

• When is a good time to chat?   1 Answer

Senior Technical Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Zynga (Austin, TX) in March 2020.

Interview

I applied online. The interview process took 3 weeks from start to finish. The interview process consisted of the following: applied online via LinkedIn, intro interview with recruiter, phone screen with technical management, group/panel interview with hiring team and management, and offer extension a few days afterwards.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were geared around experience and knowledge in the following three areas: program/project management, technical depth, and Agile/Scrum/Kanban .   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zynga.

Interview

A lot of interviews and intense. Several PMs are involved in the interview process with the main focus being around data. It's a mix of previous experience with some specific case studies/problems that you have to solve during the interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you launch a product (process, markets, etc.)?   Answer Question

Software Engineer New Grad Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Zynga in October 2019.

Interview

Recruiter reached out to schedule 45 minute first round interview at a conference since they saw my resume in conference's resume database. They never responded (>1 month) with moving on to next round nor a rejection.

Coding question was on a laptop with paper notepad available. It was difficult to explain my code during the interview since it wasn't a shared coding environment, just one laptop. My interviewer was across from me, so they couldn't follow my code easily.

Interview Questions

• Design MVC for a leaderboard   1 Answer
    • write a function that takes an int n and prints a pyramid of stars where lowest level has n stars.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Zynga (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

The onsite portion of the interview was one of the most chaotic/unprofessional I have ever witnessed. One day prior to the interview, Zynga asked to move up the onsite by 30 mins. Sure, no biggie. When I got there, the person I was supposed to "ask for" wasn't even there. One of their digital artists had to sub in as a "day of coordinator". I waited in the dining area well past my start time, because the interview room I was scheduled to be in was never actually booked. Once they found a different/open room, we begun. I was then transferred to another interview room, where I sat for at least 15 minutes before anyone showed up. Next, I had a video interview in that same room. Again, whoever was supposed to block off that room failed to do so, and as a result, two separate times during the interview someone walked in thinking they had reserved the room. Zynga was nice enough to order me lunch, which I then ate by myself in the interview room. Once again, I was left waiting for someone to arrive. For the last interview, I was again moved to a different room (3rd one of the day). After locking me down on numbers and essentially telling me I'd receive an offer after the chaotic day--no offer. Probably for the best.

HRIS Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Zynga (Austin, TX).

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter, completed a screening interview with them, two phone interviews, and an on-site interview (four 30-45 minute one-on-one interviews).

Overall a fast process, but the last interviewer asked me why I would consider the job, because they viewed it as being "below the current level" of my work. Got the impression that they didn't really know what they were looking for for the role.

Interview Questions

• Verbally walk through transforming data and setting up a dashboard in Tableau   Answer Question

Producer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Zynga in February 2019.

Interview

The interview process was ok but the so-called lead recruiter was rude. Never replied the interview result back to the candidate. One of those gave bad rep to the recruiter world.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Zynga in January 2019.

Interview

Interview initiated through LinkedIn recruiter and first step was HR email/conversation and then followed by Technical Phone Screen. Recruiter never sent me the feedback after technical phone screen even after repeatedly following up for days. Shows negligence from recruiting team or seems like they do not care.

Interview Questions

• Signed NDA or could not mention   1 Answer

Growth Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Zynga (San Francisco, CA) in January 2019.

Interview

The interviewer (HR coordinator) called on time, asked some basic questions about my background, and when asked questions about the role she didn't know to answer and kept saying I should ask them in my next interview with the hiring manager because she knows the role better. She said I'll get an answer in the following week and then ghosted - even though I sent a follow-up email, I never heard from her until this day.

Interview Questions

• Describe your experience with mobile campaigns.   1 Answer