Zynga Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 22, 2018

1. Featured Interview

Product Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Zynga (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

The interview process at Zynga was challenging but really enjoyable. I had interviews with about 6 different people and they ranged from behavioral to case-based interview styles with people in the department I was applying in as well as the HR department. It was really friendly environment with smart, engaged people.

Director of Design Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carlsbad, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Zynga (Carlsbad, CA) in February 2018.

Interview

I could not have been happier with my experience in interviewing with Zynga as each and every person I spoke with was magnificent and wonderfully engaged throughout the process. It was exciting to speak with people who were not just passionate about their own contributions to the company, but equally excited about how I might complement and assist their work. In fact, one of the aspects that really struck me was just how personable each representative was in every interview. They truly cared about how the opportunity wouldn't just affect me, but also frequently inquired about my spouse and children too. Also well worth noting is that when my family and I suffered a severe impact, the individuals coordinating matters could not have been more accommodating or gracious in their support and notes of comfort. Truly, it was exemplary, greatly appreciated and a key reason why it only made me want to be a part of the company all the more!

In terms of how the interview was handled, I had a series of calls initially that were all great followed by an on-site. After the on-site, there was a desire to just finalize some additional information, so that prompted one more set of calls before things were done.

But in a process where far too many companies treat you more like a commodity than a human being, it was so refreshing (and appreciated) to be treated in such a respectful and humane manner.

Interview Questions

• "What Do Others Say About Your Work."   Answer Question
    • "What part of the development process do you like best?"   Answer Question
    • "At which stage in the development process do you provide the most value?"   Answer Question

Senior HRIS Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zynga (San Francisco, CA) in January 2018.

Interview

I have been scheduled for the initial round interview by the HRIS Manager & Director and the call went well. I have been told by the director that I will be contacted within a day for the next rounds. However, i did not hear back anything from the recruiter for 3 days then i called the recruiter and she said 'i'm sorry they are going with another candidate for this role'.
    They do not have minimum concern of letting the candidate know until they follow up.

Interview Questions

• Questions about my experience, how good i am to be fit in this role   1 Answer

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Zynga (San Francisco, CA) in January 2018.

Interview

I was contacted by a university recruiter from the San Francisco branch who was able to set me up for an initial technical phone interview. A few days later I was contacted by HR to set up three more interviews back to back, two technical and one behavioral. I am still in the process but the interview so far focused mainly on basic data structures and concepts.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Zynga (San Francisco, CA) in January 2018.

Interview

One phone screen interview, then three back-to-back phone interviews. All technical except one. The people are nice! Nothing was really out of the park of what a general CS student should know. This position was more so for those with game-dev experience (Unity/C#) so it was different from the general SE interview

Interview Questions

• Unity-based questions. What is Monobehaviour? What's the difference between a linked-list and array? A few functions:
      1) Write a function that returns true or false if a string is a palindrome
      2) Return the smallest even number of an array
      3) Return the number that occurs only once in an array   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Zynga (Austin, TX) in December 2017.

Interview

2 round of phone interview. One of which was technical. Lot of questions on SQL and they try to test your thinking process. Be ready to talk about a game that you like.

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zynga in December 2017.

Interview

a 30 mins phone call , ask your background and projects listed on resume. some basic sql questions(joins, group by , union), statistics, probability questions. t - test .

Lead Producer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Zynga in November 2017.

Interview

The process consisted of an initial phone screen with the recruiter, a phone interview with the hiring manager, and an on-site interview with 3 people (the hiring manager was not part of the on-site). Overall, I felt like this was probably the easiest on-site interview I've had in 10+ years. That said, the entire process went from a neutral experience, to a positive experience, to a negative experience.

Primarily, my negative experience was caused by a lack of communication from the recruiter, and a feeling that my follow-up e-mails were being ignored. This was disappointing as I've long viewed Zynga as a company that values empathy and treating people with care.

I didn't receive any feedback (and didn't expect to) when I was rejected, so I can only assume that the person who made the decision re: my candidacy (it's my impression the HM deferred the decision to someone else) had one or more concerns or assumptions about me that were not voiced, so I could have no opportunity to address them. Either that, or they realized that they had left me hanging for so long, that they felt forced to make a decision (and didn't have a pressing need to fill the role ASAP).

My feedback re: my experience would be the following -- much better communication with candidates is needed (especially if they've conducted a phone interview with a HM, and even more so, if they've taken time out of their schedule to visit for an on-site interview). Lastly, on the interview front, if an interviewer has time to review a resume beforehand, if he/she has concerns, please coach them on preparing more focused questions so a candidate has an opportunity to address those concerns (so assumptions can be avoided).

Interview Questions

• What do you see yourself doing in 30, 60, 90 days in this role?   Answer Question
    • Have you worked in a central services organization before?   Answer Question
    • Did you work with any engineers that you liked, and any that you disliked? What did you like and dislike about them?   Answer Question

Game Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zynga.

Interview

The interviews were standard phone interviews with recruits and leads. An onsite interview was offered after the second phone interview. The interview questions were pretty standard and nothing that was particularly challenging to answer.

Interview Questions

• What was your hardest challenge and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zynga (San Francisco, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

the process took a little more than a month, they move relatively quick.
    HR was not a warm person, but she did her job. Don't expect HR to come back to you with answers unless they are interested in you.

Financial Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zynga (San Francisco, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

Got an email for the recruiter ,she asked the regular questions about "what i am currently doing and why am i looking for a different opportunity".
    The next step was she set up a phone interview with the hiring manager who was very nice to talk to and sure about what exactly she was looking for. she asked some basic questions about what i do and would bring to this position.
    I was then set up for an onsite interview at the san Francisco office which was a pleasant experience. i had 4 rounds of interview.
    The first round was with the 2 analysts who asked me basic SQL questions "how to join a table" and query a database.
    The second was with the hiring manager. she was very cool and calm.
    The third round was with senior data analyst who asked me a little tricky question which was a little difficult to tackle but it was good learning experience.
    and the last one was with another partner manager who works with the team.
    Overall it was very good experience meeting the team members as you get to learn something even if you don't receive an offer. may be they got someone who was better than i am so over all it was good experience interviewing with Zynga. The people whom i interviewed with were really nice.
    Just a small request please send some meaningful feedback to the candidate when he requests for it.

Interview Questions

• How to join two tables?
      join 3 tables and how to query the column which has a date time stamp?   Answer Question