Zynga Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 11, 2018

1. Featured Interview

Director of Design Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carlsbad, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Zynga (Carlsbad, CA) in February 2018.

Interview

I could not have been happier with my experience in interviewing with Zynga as each and every person I spoke with was magnificent and wonderfully engaged throughout the process. It was exciting to speak with people who were not just passionate about their own contributions to the company, but equally excited about how I might complement and assist their work. In fact, one of the aspects that really struck me was just how personable each representative was in every interview. They truly cared about how the opportunity wouldn't just affect me, but also frequently inquired about my spouse and children too. Also well worth noting is that when my family and I suffered a severe impact, the individuals coordinating matters could not have been more accommodating or gracious in their support and notes of comfort. Truly, it was exemplary, greatly appreciated and a key reason why it only made me want to be a part of the company all the more!

In terms of how the interview was handled, I had a series of calls initially that were all great followed by an on-site. After the on-site, there was a desire to just finalize some additional information, so that prompted one more set of calls before things were done.

But in a process where far too many companies treat you more like a commodity than a human being, it was so refreshing (and appreciated) to be treated in such a respectful and humane manner.

Interview Questions

• "What Do Others Say About Your Work."   Answer Question
    • "What part of the development process do you like best?"   Answer Question
    • "At which stage in the development process do you provide the most value?"   Answer Question

Community Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Zynga.

Interview

This is a fast-paced company so come with a mentality where you are ready to be entrepreneurial and flexible. Come with questions for the interviewers and make sure you have researched about the company, including games that they have developed, their current business strategies, new platforms they are venturing into, what technology they are trying to build, what are some of their key competitors and how are their games performing on the different platforms they are distributed on, whether it is mobile or web.

Interview Questions

• Please tell us about your key achievement from your last company in great details and what our overall approach and strategy was.   Answer Question

Junior QA Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zynga in November 2015.

Interview

I received a series of emails followed by a background phone call, and then a phone interview. Interviewer asked me what my favorite game was, when I told him he told me that was his least favorite game and the interview went south from there. My advice is be very generic in your responses and try not to get on anyone's bad side, I lost the interview/job because of a personal dislike from my interviewer.

Interview Questions

• Q: Describe some of the testing scripts you used in previous jobs?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Zynga (San Francisco, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

The interview process was difficult. I applied on campus, after which I got an on-campus interview. The interview was simple overall; they didn't ask any technical questions, but asked me about my experiences and went over my resume. This was followed by a phone interview, which was completely technical. The interview was in 3 rounds, followed one after another, with different interviewers. All questions were technical, followed by discussion about my projects and things on my resume.

Interview Questions

• What data structure would you use to design a scrabble game?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zynga (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Elaborate interview process. They asked me about different question from the same Crack the Coding interview book. Which almost every interviewer uses.

Not very innovative questions, but companies are looking for clarity of thought rather than skills these days.

Interview Questions

• Not very difficult question. Engineers impressed with a variety of skills.   Answer Question

Other goals.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Zynga.

Interview

Met a representative from Zynga at an infosession and gave my resume. Zynga scheduled an interview with me a few weeks after. Had one 30-minute interview. Spent the first half going over resume, and the second half was a couple of technical questions (one definition one and one coding one).

Interview Questions

• As long as you know your data structures well (especially linked lists), you should be fine for the technical questions. Nothing excessively complicated was asked -- as long as you have the basics down, you should be fine. Interviewer provided helpful hints if stuck.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Zynga in January 2011.

Interview

Phone interview and on site full day of interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Zynga.

Interview

got a interview on campus. Two interviewers: one HR, one technical person. At first the HR
    asked some general behavioral questions about the resume. Then there is one technical question asked by the technical guy.

Interview Questions

• Asked the basic coding thing about one question in different languages.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I interviewed at Zynga (San Francisco, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

4 interviews each related to different parts of their technology stack

Interview Questions

• How do you open a website without a browser?   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Zynga (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

Got an e-mail from recruiter. Told me three guys are going to interview me back to back on the phone.

Interview Questions

• Pseudo Number Generator for a card game   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Zynga (San Francisco, CA) in November 2012.

Interview

I contacted the in-house recruiter, who a week later was laid off. A few days later, they reached out, scheduled the on-site, found a team suitable for my skills, I interviewed a few more people at Zynga.

Interview Questions

• Data structures were key, as was the ability to mind meld with how the computer will execute specific pieces of code. "What is the memory necessary for this iterative block of code?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

I accepted a significant equity position in exchange for a more normal cost-of-living area adjustment from a lower-cost area of the country.