Zynga Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 5, 2018

1. Featured Interview

Product Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Zynga (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

The interview process at Zynga was challenging but really enjoyable. I had interviews with about 6 different people and they ranged from behavioral to case-based interview styles with people in the department I was applying in as well as the HR department. It was really friendly environment with smart, engaged people.

Lead Producer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Zynga in November 2017.

Interview

The process consisted of an initial phone screen with the recruiter, a phone interview with the hiring manager, and an on-site interview with 3 people (the hiring manager was not part of the on-site). Overall, I felt like this was probably the easiest on-site interview I've had in 10+ years. That said, the entire process went from a neutral experience, to a positive experience, to a negative experience.

Primarily, my negative experience was caused by a lack of communication from the recruiter, and a feeling that my follow-up e-mails were being ignored. This was disappointing as I've long viewed Zynga as a company that values empathy and treating people with care.

I didn't receive any feedback (and didn't expect to) when I was rejected, so I can only assume that the person who made the decision re: my candidacy (it's my impression the HM deferred the decision to someone else) had one or more concerns or assumptions about me that were not voiced, so I could have no opportunity to address them. Either that, or they realized that they had left me hanging for so long, that they felt forced to make a decision (and didn't have a pressing need to fill the role ASAP).

My feedback re: my experience would be the following -- much better communication with candidates is needed (especially if they've conducted a phone interview with a HM, and even more so, if they've taken time out of their schedule to visit for an on-site interview). Lastly, on the interview front, if an interviewer has time to review a resume beforehand, if he/she has concerns, please coach them on preparing more focused questions so a candidate has an opportunity to address those concerns (so assumptions can be avoided).

Interview Questions

• What do you see yourself doing in 30, 60, 90 days in this role?   Answer Question
    • Have you worked in a central services organization before?   Answer Question
    • Did you work with any engineers that you liked, and any that you disliked? What did you like and dislike about them?   Answer Question

Game Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zynga.

Interview

The interviews were standard phone interviews with recruits and leads. An onsite interview was offered after the second phone interview. The interview questions were pretty standard and nothing that was particularly challenging to answer.

Interview Questions

• What was your hardest challenge and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zynga (San Francisco, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

the process took a little more than a month, they move relatively quick.
    HR was not a warm person, but she did her job. Don't expect HR to come back to you with answers unless they are interested in you.

Financial Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zynga (San Francisco, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

Got an email for the recruiter ,she asked the regular questions about "what i am currently doing and why am i looking for a different opportunity".
    The next step was she set up a phone interview with the hiring manager who was very nice to talk to and sure about what exactly she was looking for. she asked some basic questions about what i do and would bring to this position.
    I was then set up for an onsite interview at the san Francisco office which was a pleasant experience. i had 4 rounds of interview.
    The first round was with the 2 analysts who asked me basic SQL questions "how to join a table" and query a database.
    The second was with the hiring manager. she was very cool and calm.
    The third round was with senior data analyst who asked me a little tricky question which was a little difficult to tackle but it was good learning experience.
    and the last one was with another partner manager who works with the team.
    Overall it was very good experience meeting the team members as you get to learn something even if you don't receive an offer. may be they got someone who was better than i am so over all it was good experience interviewing with Zynga. The people whom i interviewed with were really nice.
    Just a small request please send some meaningful feedback to the candidate when he requests for it.

Interview Questions

• How to join two tables?
      join 3 tables and how to query the column which has a date time stamp?   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zynga (Austin, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied online by myself. The interview takes more than 30 days. I talked with the hiring manager first, then VP of Product, later with different product managers for about an hour each. It took another two weeks to hear back from HR. The process is smooth. Everyone is nice and professional. I accept the offer.

Interview Questions

• 0. Introduce yourself and what are you doing at your current job?
      1. Which mobile game do you play on your phone right now?
      2. Which parts of game do you like the most or the least? Explain why. Also let me know how you will change it.
      3. Some mobile KPIs in your game need to be further broken down to find out the root of causes. How will you do it and what are your steps?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me and asked for a phone interview, but there's no answer back after replying. Then I've been told the position has been changed the location...

Rotational Product Manager-New Grad Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Zynga in January 2017.

Interview

The process consisted of a case study as a screening followed by a phone interview with a PM and then onsite at Super day with other recruits. Case Study was no big deal but the phone interview was a struggle, the PM I spoke with was not very interested in guiding me along the PM questions.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Zynga (San Francisco, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

First there's an initial HR Phone and then couple of weeks later the HR arrange a phone Interview with a PM from their product teams. Several weeks later they scheduled a on-site interview with 4 PMs asking analytics, design, and behavioral questions

Interview Questions

• What's your favorite gaming app? How do you monitor XYZ   Answer Question

Rotational Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Zynga (San Francisco, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Contacted within a week. The first stage was creating a PP answering questions from a case study. Then a phone interview. Next flown out for final headquarters for a "superday" of all 12 applicants.

Interview Questions

• Questions were standard Product Manager questions. The vast majority of questions were provided prior to the interview.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Zynga (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Got contacted through a school job fair, and they scheduled a 45 minute audio skype call and google doc to code. Just got the final interview email for an hour and 30 minute interview. I put that I got no offer, but only because I'm currently still in the interview process