MicroStrategy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

MicroStrategy Interview Questions

Updated Feb 20, 2018

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at MicroStrategy.

Interview

First I got an Online Assessment one week after I applied from a social event of Mircrostrategy , which includes four parts, coding problems, design problems, verbal problems and mathematical problems. These questions are not hard and should be done within an hour. Then as soon as I completed all these questions, I got an email to set up a time schedule for a phone interview. The phone interview was simple and quick, just 15 minutes. And we just went through some standard processes, like her introducing Microstrategy and me explaining details on my resume. But I think the reason that the phone interview was so fast is that my resume is not impressive at all and they just want to go through standard procedures. Anyway, in the following week, I got the rejection email.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MicroStrategy.

Interview

First an easy on campus behavioral/technical interview followed by a short HackerRank test. No followup after I took the exam. I believe the final step was going onsite for an interview.

Associate Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MicroStrategy.

Interview

Non-technical phone interview and a rejection. Not happy as the recruiter said she will send the HackerRank questions. A bit shocked since I was not expected to get cut from a non-technical part of the interview.

Management Position Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at MicroStrategy (New York, NY).

Interview

Phone screen/interview with recruiter followed by three online assessments, in person interview with three Director level employees, and a final in person with an executive and an analyst. From application to offer took around two months.

A Position Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at MicroStrategy in November 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter with one job title and description, only to be told later that it was something else. No consistency and no apologies. After being informed that it had to do with ensuring that I could pass the boot camp (because they didn't properly vet a past hire and lost them), I come to find out that people who have already been hired for months hadn't even taken it yet.

The SATs they make everyone take are ridiculous, considering the HR person calling me didn't use the terms referring to them properly. To top it off, my feedback was personally insulting and they said I mentioned having anxiety, which I am pretty sure is illegal.

In short, they think they are MENSA and will judge you based off of things that have nothing to do with your ability to do your job. Steer clear.

Interview Questions

MicroStrategy Response

Dec 11, 2017 – Chief Human Resources Officer

I am very sorry to hear about your experience, this is not the candidate experience we strive to create. I would love to understand your experience more. From your write up, it seems that you may... More

IT Support Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at MicroStrategy in November 2017.

Interview

There are 3 interviews(two phone interviews and one in person) and an assessment. In my opinion, the first interview is just to get a summary of what you do and to see if the recruiter likes you to move you on to the next step. After, you have to complete 4 assessments: Verbal Reasoning – 15 minutes (20 questions)
    Business Basics – 30 minutes (40 questions)
    Design – 20 minutes (20 questions)
    Analytical Thinking – 30 minutes (20 questions)
    If you pass that, you move on to the technical interview where they ask you about your current role and then give you a brain teaser question you have 15 min to figure out at the end. After that is complete, you would then interview with the team.

Senior Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morris, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at MicroStrategy (Morris, NJ) in November 2017.

Interview

I had 2 phone different phone interviews. The first was with a recruiter. The next step was to answer an online test. The second interview was with a hiring manager. The next step was to go to their offices for face to face interviews. While onsite, I had 3

Senior Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MicroStrategy (New York, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

I was contacted through an outside recruiter who interviewd me via phone. They then set up a second phone interview with the hiring manager. I was then given an online IQ test. The third step was to go onsite for 3 interviews with three different sales managers for 45 min utes each.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at MicroStrategy.

Interview

The whole process took about a month. Interview questions were not challenging. There are about 4 interviews for the onsite interview.
    Onsite interview (Career Fair) --> HackerRank --> Phone Screening --> Onsite Interview

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tyson's Corner, Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MicroStrategy (Tyson's Corner, Fairfax, VA) in October 2017.

Interview

I had a first round interview near my campus where I was asked some behavioral questions and then asked to do some simple Binary Tree DFS, then a HackerRank and Microstrategy Assessment, then a final interview on site with 3 interviews including behavioral, analytical, and technical.

Interview Questions

• Navigate all the nodes in a graph   1 Answer