- Most Recent
- Oldest First
- Most Difficult
Interviews at MicroStrategy
Interviews for Top Jobs at MicroStrategy
- Software Engineer (37)
- Technical Support Engineer (28)
- Software Quality Engineer (25)
- Associate Software Engineer (17)
- Software Engineer(Internship) (11)
- Associate Consultant (10)
- Account Executive (10)
- Consultant (10)
- Senior Consultant (9)
- Quality Engineer (7)
- Operations Analyst (5)
- Business Development (5)
- Software Developer (5)
- Senior Software Engineer (4)
- Sales Engineer (4)
- User Experience Designer (4)
- Associate Account Executive (3)
- Software Engineer In Test (3)
- Associate Quality Analyst (3)
- Senior Account Executive (3)
- Marketing Analyst (3)
- Manager (3)
- Associate Technical Support Engineer (2)
- Software Test Engineer (2)
- Associate Sales Engineer (2)
- Technical Advisor (2)
- Technology Associate (2)
- Finance Manager (2)
- IT Consultant (2)
- Solutions Engineer (2)
I interviewed at MicroStrategy
2 rounds of technical interviews 1 round of HR interview 1 round of manager review The interview process is fast. They will inform you within one day or two if you pass the current interview.
- Deep copy of a random linked list
Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi
I applied online. I interviewed at MicroStrategy (New Delhi)
Good but lenthgy process. They were giving good offer. There were 3 rounds. First and second were technical round but last one were manager round. Logical question were asked in the technical rounds.
- How much experience do you have?
What people are saying about MicroStrategy
Got a burning question about interviews at MicroStrategy? Just ask!
On Glassdoor, you can share insights and advice anonymously with MicroStrategy employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nāgpur, Maharashtra
I applied online. I interviewed at MicroStrategy (Nāgpur, Maharashtra) in Sep 2023
It was a WFO vacancy at Nagpur City There are in total 4 rounds 1. Aptitude Test with subjects "Analytics, verbal reasoning , Bussiness) 2. Interview with hiring manager (Monika Ratajkiewicz) 3. Interview with the Direc tor ( Roland Raposo ) 4. Interview with the CIO (Ponna Arumugam) The process has many unnecessary Layers although ,it is Fast Only the third round was technical , rest interview was just like the conversation to check your communication
- They will ask basic questions from your resume and on microstrategy. Tips 1.For Aptitude test - prepare as much as you can. it's bit tough, (no camera, no mike is required for the test) Remember once you fail the test , you will not be allowed to apply for any position in future ( you will always get an automatic mail if appy ) 2.All the interviwer will be very friendly, n so you will be but be careful in friendlyless flow, you can say the things which you should not. 3. main one don't put any hopes for the result no matter how you performed in the interview, I got rejected after 4 rounds ,, on 14 sept i gave the last interview n got the rejected mail on 19 sept 2023 ,,, I was trembled and broken from the inside Got lose at the last stage,,, Feeling like failing of my last hope, It was my dream to join this company,,, but don't know where the things gone wrong,,, I even contacted the 2 of my interviewer over mail and linkedin for the feedback , but they are not responding ,,, don't know what i am going to do now.
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warsaw, Masovia
I interviewed at MicroStrategy (Warsaw, Masovia)
If you failed a test they gave you many years ago, you will automatically fail new job applications, it doesn't make any sense. So they assume you never learn, or that's how I understand it.
- Was auto declined because I failed some test years ago
Anonymous Employee in Tysons Corner, VA
I interviewed at MicroStrategy (Tysons Corner, VA)
In total there were 3 rounds to the interview process. First phone interview was to get to know you and for you to get to know the company, looking at your portfolio and experience. The second was also over the phone with one of the Support managers for your personality and aptitude tests. Final interview was in person and was for a technical discussion about my experience and what would be required of me at this position.
- Brain Teaser questions to get to know your troubleshooting process and how you walk through an issue.
Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
I interviewed at MicroStrategy (San Francisco, CA)
Consisted of a few technical questions regarding usage of specific software employed at MicroStrategy amongst others. There was also a personal section where they were very adamant about my passion for coding
- What makes you the right person for this role?
Anonymous Employee in London, England
I applied online. I interviewed at MicroStrategy (London, England)
we have 3 interviews, everything is going smoothly. 1 interview with HR, 2 interview with line manager & Finance director, interviews quite simple and this was exchange between candidate vs employer.
- do you know about company's products?
Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA
The process took 1 week. I interviewed at MicroStrategy (McLean, VA) in Jul 2023
They send out an automatic assessment (some kind of pointless IQ test thing) to you if you send a resume on their website. They then blast your email with reminders on doing the assessment. I guess the deal is that the candidate is supposed to waste their time doing the assessment and hope that Microstrategy feels like calling you back (Hint: probably not). Here's a little recruiting tip, Microstrategy. How about you have your recruiters get on the phone with applicants first. You are paying these people. What are they doing all day that they can't even spend 5-10 minutes going over this basic information? It's laughable. Explain the position, technologies, salary location FIRST then send an assessment. It's disrespectful to send that stupid crap first. If you have a job already don't even bother with this clown show.
- Can you do this Assessment?
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
I applied online. I interviewed at MicroStrategy (Atlanta, GA) in Jul 2023
I received an email requesting an interview 2 to 3 days after applying online for this role which I was happy with. I had a 20 minute call with the Technical Recruiter, Jenny Wan. The call went fabulous and she explained what the hiring process was like and even ended the call with "I am absolutely certain that the Hiring Manager is going to want to speak with you right away." I have an impeccable resume and have a tremendous network here in the Atlanta area. I was excited to hear back from them but I never got anything - not from the recruiter, not from the hiring manager. I even emailed 2 times inquiring and I was totally ghosted; yet this job req is still open.
- Just an overall about my background and table stake items like deal size, time it takes to close a new logo, etc.
Anonymous Interview Candidate
I applied online. I interviewed at MicroStrategy
Very soon after submitting the application, I received a request to complete a few assessments. They consisted of pretty basic standardized tests kinds of math questions, a really basic English comprehension and writing test, and a design test that was mostly pattern recognition.
- Which of the following graphs is designed the best?
MicroStrategy Interviews FAQs
Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at MicroStrategy as 53.6% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.92 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Sales Engineer and Director Professional Services rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for IT Consultant and Senior Technical Program Manager roles were rated as the easiest.
The hiring process at MicroStrategy takes an average of 23.05 days when considering 345 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Commissions Analyst had the quickest hiring process (on average 1 day), whereas Director of Events roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 180 days).
Common stages of the interview process at MicroStrategy according to 345 Glassdoor interviews include:
Phone Interview: 25.28%
One on One Interview: 22.21%
Background Check: 9.20%
Skills Test: 8.71%
IQ Intelligence Test: 8.10%
Personality Test: 6.99%
Group Panel Interview: 4.79%
Drug Test: 3.31%