MicroStrategy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

MicroStrategy Interview Questions

Updated Oct 29, 2017

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at MicroStrategy.

Interview

The whole process took about a month. Interview questions were not challenging. There are about 4 interviews for the onsite interview.
    Onsite interview (Career Fair) --> HackerRank --> Phone Screening --> Onsite Interview

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at MicroStrategy.

Interview

From the beginning all the way through, their entire process was exceptionally professional in every aspect. The lead recruiter was with me every step of the way; she was professional, quick with everything, and created one of the best experiences I’ve ever had. The hiring process they use is exactly as it should be, starting with the initial interview with the recruiter, then some highly specialized assessments, followed by 3 interviews with executives. Everything afterwards was just as professional, and swift with the extended hiring team that helps bring everything else together.

Interview Questions

• Interview questions were exactly what you'd expect, and were meant to understand the depth and breadth of your specific knowledge and experience.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tyson's Corner, Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MicroStrategy (Tyson's Corner, Fairfax, VA) in October 2017.

Interview

I had a first round interview near my campus where I was asked some behavioral questions and then asked to do some simple Binary Tree DFS, then a HackerRank and Microstrategy Assessment, then a final interview on site with 3 interviews including behavioral, analytical, and technical.

Interview Questions

• Navigate all the nodes in a graph   1 Answer

Operations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MicroStrategy.

Interview

Mostly questions about systems experience, data analytics and work with excel. Questions about what you know regarding Microstrategy and their work with software. Short intervie consisisting of fifteen-twenty minutes. Spoke with a global analyst within their company regarding the future options regarding career direction within Microstrategy

Interview Questions

• What equations have you used in excel? Tell me about your experience with CRMs?   Answer Question

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tyson's Corner, Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at MicroStrategy (Tyson's Corner, Fairfax, VA) in September 2017.

Interview

Applied through my school career website and online. The first round was an on-campus technical. Next, I received a HackerRank with multiple choice and coding questions. Finally, I was invited to an on-site interview which consisted of 3 parts (technical, project presentation, behavioral).

Senior Microstrategy Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tyson's Corner, Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MicroStrategy (Tyson's Corner, Fairfax, VA) in August 2017.

Interview

I applied through an online job portal and got a call from one of their recruiters. After initial screening with the recruiter, my profile was sent forward for online test. This test has 4 different assessments - Design, Business, Verbal Reasoning and Analytical Reasoning.
    Once they received the test results, I got a phone interview scheduled. It went for 30 - 40 mins.
    Then I was called for onsite interview - had 30 mins interview sessions with 6 different people.

Associate Sales Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at MicroStrategy in August 2017.

Interview

Initial phone screening with HR, then three phone interviews. Each phone interview was about 45 mins long and they ask sales-type questions like "sell me this" or "tell me you opinion on driverless cars." Be sure to ask a lot of questions back to them before you answer to get a sense of what they're looking for. After phone interviews I went on-site and have two 30 minute presentations, one where I try to "sell" the university I attended and the major I chose, the other giving a demo of a MicroStrategy dashboard I created. They definitely asked some tough questions to make sure you're prepared for being challenged. I didn't get the job but everyone was very constructive with their feedback and I learned a lot.

Interview Questions

• What are the top three benefits of driverless cars?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to influence a large group to get something done.   Answer Question

Business Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tysons Corner, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MicroStrategy (Tysons Corner, VA).

Interview

Applied and was sent 4 different assessments to take (Math, Logic, Graphs). After that I had a phone interview with the HR recruiter and a sales manager. I was invited for an on-site interview with 6 different people 30 minutes each. It's been well over a month and I have not heard one single word back. I guess at Microstrategy, silence is an answer in its self. Seems pretty unprofessional to me.

Android Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MicroStrategy.

Interview

Listen to all of the reviews here. It's going to be long and tedious process. Lots of standardized questions and many online quizzes. Technical interviews are standard and were fair game. However, after 2 months and over 9 combined interviews, I feel as if I could've put my effort into a search somewhere else.

Listen to the other reviews here. It's a long process, and it may not be worth it at the end. Proceed at your own risk.

Interview Questions

• What are the runtimes/optimizations for the following algorithms? Create your own algorithm for the Game of Life.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MicroStrategy.

Interview

I interviewed with staffing and the outcome of the interview was that i complete and submit aptitude tests which took over an hour in total time. Once the tests were submitted, I reached back out to my staffing contact on several occasions through varying communication mediums and received no response whatsoever. Having invested the time in interviewing and taking the tests, i would expect as a courtesy that the folks in staffing acknowledge my communications and provide a status through the process... I'm still waiting for a call back - not holding my breath. Bad experience