MicroStrategy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

1. Featured Interview

Cloud Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tyson's Corner, Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at MicroStrategy (Tyson's Corner, Fairfax, VA) in October 2017.

Interview

Applied via Indeed. Contacted by a recruiter, phone screen with recruiter, online assessments which were not that bad. Second phone interview with manager, then on site with members of the team and managers. Overall positive and professional experience. HR was responsive and flexible. Overall process lasted about 1.5 months

Finance Manager Interview

Interview

Applied online, was contacted by a recruiter to discuss qualifications then I took 3 tests. I have a disability. I could not complete the tests in the amount of time given. I never received a callback. I think these timed tests are are the company's way of weeding out ADA applicants.

Senior Technical Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tyson's Corner, Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at MicroStrategy (Tyson's Corner, Fairfax, VA).

Interview

I was contacted via Indeed by their recruiting. After passing initial phone screen, completed 4 assessments, phone technical interview and finally 3 back to back in person interviews. Very smooth process, with clear communication along the way.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tysons Corner, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at MicroStrategy (Tysons Corner, VA).

Interview

There are basically four stages in the interview process.

Stage 1 is a phone screening with the recruiter. They will just ask you a few questions about your resume with a behavioral question or two and also what you know about the company. Nothing difficult and the recruiter is always friendly. Make sure you know what the company does and about their two main products.

Stage 2 is a few online assessments. A verbal test (study the basics of English, very common sense), a design test (super common sense, choose the answer that seems the most logical), a numerical analysis test (if you google "numerical analysis practice exam" you'll find plenty of study material plus there's some pattern matching), and a HackerRank test (coding questions similar to LeetCode with questions about basic CS concepts). None of these are particularly difficult if you know your basics and study some.

Stage 3 is a phone screening with a senior software engineer. They'll ask you a basic programming question (again very easy) and then give you time to ask them questions. Make sure to have some questions ready for the interviewer as this will show you have interest in the company and goes a long way towards getting the onsite interview.

Stage 4 is a series of four on site interviews. A project presentation (something you've worked on before plus a coding question or two if time allows), a coding interview (basic concepts like trees and arrays), an analysis interview (brain teasers), and finally an interview with an executive (more behavioral questions). None of these are particularly difficult and if you've studied your basics then you'll be fine. What's more important, in my opinion, is that each interviewer will give you time to ask them questions at the end. This is where they're trying to gauge how passionate you are about the company and whether you'll be a good fit. Ask questions about their jobs, about things you've researched about the company, talk to them about any mutual interests you might have, etc. Don't hesitate to smile or laugh lightly. You can still make a good impression on the interviewer here even if you didn't perform too well on their questions.

Interview Questions

• Basic algorithms, graphs, arrays, searches, sorts, etc.   2 Answers
    • Some brain teasers   1 Answer
    • Some behavioral questions   1 Answer
    • Questions about software design patterns.   1 Answer

Software Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at MicroStrategy (Virginia Beach, VA) in April 2018.

Interview

First talk about the resume. Then ask many things about test skills. And given a situation, how to do test. Ask some techniques about selenium framework, like how to specify a component on the website.

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Interview

He is talking to you about what stage you are now when you graduate, and then. What kind of job are you want to do? What kind of technology is there to do before? What do you do? He did not ask you anything else.

Interview Questions

• What kind of job are you want to do?   1 Answer

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Phone interview after initial meeting at Career Fair. After phone interview I was asked to complete 4 skills assessments. After these assessments I was flown to Tysons, VA for 3 more in person interviews.

Interview Questions

• Analytical Questions - how many weighings does it take to find differently weighted pool ball?   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tyson's Corner, Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MicroStrategy (Tyson's Corner, Fairfax, VA) in March 2018.

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter
    Skills testing
    Hiring manager phone interview
    Multiple in person interviews
    Recruiter asked me prior to leaving if I would accept a position if offered, I found that odd because I did not think we were that far along.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at MicroStrategy.

Interview

First I got an Online Assessment one week after I applied from a social event of Mircrostrategy , which includes four parts, coding problems, design problems, verbal problems and mathematical problems. These questions are not hard and should be done within an hour. Then as soon as I completed all these questions, I got an email to set up a time schedule for a phone interview. The phone interview was simple and quick, just 15 minutes. And we just went through some standard processes, like her introducing Microstrategy and me explaining details on my resume. But I think the reason that the phone interview was so fast is that my resume is not impressive at all and they just want to go through standard procedures. Anyway, in the following week, I got the rejection email.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MicroStrategy.

Interview

First an easy on campus behavioral/technical interview followed by a short HackerRank test. No followup after I took the exam. I believe the final step was going onsite for an interview.

Associate Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MicroStrategy.

Interview

Non-technical phone interview and a rejection. Not happy as the recruiter said she will send the HackerRank questions. A bit shocked since I was not expected to get cut from a non-technical part of the interview.