MicroStrategy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

1. Featured Interview

Cloud Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tyson's Corner, Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at MicroStrategy (Tyson's Corner, Fairfax, VA) in October 2017.

Interview

Applied via Indeed. Contacted by a recruiter, phone screen with recruiter, online assessments which were not that bad. Second phone interview with manager, then on site with members of the team and managers. Overall positive and professional experience. HR was responsive and flexible. Overall process lasted about 1.5 months

Commissions Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MicroStrategy (McLean, VA) in March 2011.

Interview

Applied online, received phone call in a couple days to setup phone interview. Had phone interview, invited to do a campus interview in a couple days. Typical HR interview, went smoothly. When you get to the building, you are blown away. It's a really nice modern building with glass walls. Located smack dab next to Tysons Corner Mall. As the HR girl and I walked to the hiring 's office, she comment about the amazing views from the top floor of all the construction going on outside...there was also a guy practicing Muay Thai outside in a small grass area when I came in. I thought it was odd, but I appreciated it because I also practice Muay Thai.

I can honestly say this was the strangest interview I have ever had. The manager started off by saying she was really tired and her schedule was really busy, but she decided to squeeze me in... (thanks???) I felt awkward like she didn't even want me to interview me and she appeared irritated. The manager yawned throughout the interview and said the job was really stressful. She kept stating something and then pausing and just looking at me like I had a nacho sitting on the top of my head or something. After a few times of her doing this...I took the opportunity to interject and state my opinion and insert my work experience...kind of join into the conversation, rather than her leading the interview. It was really odd. Then the phone rang, and she saw who called and then just looked up at me with glazed eyes (I guess seeing if it was okay to answer) and of course I said "oh it's okay". She then spent about 10min on the phone with whoever, never even said she was in the middle of an interview. So I sat there and read the little paper they gave me about the company and how MicroStrategy is financially stable (after they were hanging on by a thread a few years ago). I felt totally disrespected and wanted to walk out...

She finally hung up and then put her head down like she was really stressed out. At one point I thought she was going to start crying. She never really asked me any questions about myself or my work experience. She spent some time talking about the position, which I asked some questions about, but she never really went into detail about the answers. She only stressed team work and learning from others. Learn how to do it and do it better....like a sweat shop or something.I wasn't really impressed as I thought this was more of a finance role, but it was really just payroll position in the finance department, very misleading. I also asked about career development and other groups in the company, but she did not provide any comments. Thanks! That really makes me want to have a career with MicroStrategy!

I left feeling dumbfounded and like I had wasted my time and her time. I was very qualified for the position, perhaps more qualified, but the interview was so odd and I just kept thinking - Why would I want to work for someone like that? Why didn't she ask me any questions about my experience? What the heck just happened?

I received an offer in a couple of days and thought it was hilarious. Their base pay is about 10k less than industry standards and particularly for the Tysons Corner area. (It was 15k less than my current salary, which I asked the HR girl if she could be flexible, but nothing budged) The 401k barely matched anything, and the benefits were not that great. The environment is very much young people, and a lot of international people. MicroStrategy seems like a cool hip place to work, but this was not the right position, salary or company for me. What a let down...It seems like a bunch of people come here for the name on the resume and then leave, and the company knows this so they don't care about keeping employees.

Associate Interview

Interview

For the first round of the interview process, the recruiter scheduled a phone interview with me to discuss my skills and qualifications as well as provide a little more information about the position.

Associate Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tysons, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at MicroStrategy (Tysons, VA).

Interview

Initial phone round screening interview. Followed by on-site final round; consisted of 3-4 interviews plus a lunch with analysts and quality engineering managers. They like to ask lots of brainteasers; nothing too original, so look up a site that lists brain teasers and explains them. Used to case studies / market sizing type questions for these kinds of positions and was surprised that they did not ask anything like that (e.g. preferred brain teasers, which IMO are stupid questions to ask in an interview).

Interview Questions

• One brain teaser problem was given to me with shapes on sequential balance beams. Had to find the weights of each object based on a given condition.   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at MicroStrategy.

Interview

I initially had a skype interview through my university. I was selected for an in-person interview and was given several different dates to choose from. When I arrived at their building, there was a lunch and 2 hour long interviews. The majority of the time in each of the interviews was spent me asking questions.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was that difficult - very typical interview questions.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MicroStrategy.

Interview

Found the review via a posting on my school career site. Applied by sending in my resume and received an on campus interview. Interview was fairly smooth, just discussed the potential of being a player in the big data market and how relevant it was at this time. Had an on site interview at HQ which was also all behavioral. Process took about 2 weeks total.

Negotiation

No Negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Tysons, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MicroStrategy (Tysons, VA) in March 2013.

Interview

Submitted resume to school's online career system, received on-campus interview a week later. OCI was mostly informational and a general resume run-through. Was invited to in-person interview in Tyson's Corner about a week later.

Onsite interview consisted of a building tour, two 1-hour one-on-one interviews with managers, and a lunch presentation by the head of the university recruiting program.

Overall, the two interviewers had a little bit of a good cop/bad cop routine going. The first was very stern and followed his lines of questioning to extremes, stressing the difficulty of boot camp, while the second barely asked me any questions and was more intent on selling MicroStrategy to me. Two weeks later, I received a generous offer.

The whole process was straighforward, in my opinion, and few technical questions were asked.

Interview Questions

• Boot camp will require a lot of rapid-paced learning; why do you think you are capable of keeping up?   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MicroStrategy in March 2013.

Interview

I applied through my university recruiting. I was invited for an interview in person at my school within a week or so, and it was very straightforward. I was asked questions like how does one build credibility in a team, what type of customer service experience do you have.
    Within a week, I was invited for on-site interviews in McLean, VA. The interviews were again straightforward with no technical questions. One manager seemed to be looking to see if I could work independently, as he emphasized MicroStrategy consulstants will often be alone on projects.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you experience good customer service and bad customer service.   Answer Question

Associate Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MicroStrategy.

Interview

Non-technical phone interview and a rejection. Not happy as the recruiter said she will send the HackerRank questions. A bit shocked since I was not expected to get cut from a non-technical part of the interview.

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MicroStrategy in April 2016.

Interview

I applied online. Got HR call. She set up a phone screen. Phone technical round and after that they called me onsite. The onsite interview was for 4 hours with 4 different people. Technical, behavioral, logical, analytical questions were asked.

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Interview

There are one HR interview, two technical phone screen interviews, and then onsite interviews. The HR and software engineer interviewees are very knowledgeable and smart. I get the impression that they are professional. I am still in the interview process, so I have not been offered employment yet..

Interview Questions

• Computer science knowledge and concepts, data structures, algorithms.   Answer Question