Accenture Associate Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Accenture

1,782 Interview Reviews

2.4

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Accenture.

Interview

very basic, asked about college projects, how did you perform there and what were you trying to create . What are your hobbies and interests.Aksed about computer programming languages like C and C++ and operating system related questions

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Accenture

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (San Francisco, CA) in January 2008.

Interview

I was recruited via email for an entry-level position in San Francisco, CA. The recruiter was professional and setup a phone interview with another HR Rep. After a successful first interview, i was invited to complete an online skills assessment test. I completed the test and was invited into the San Francisco office for a 1:1 interview. The interview process was broken up into two parts, behavioral and technical with two seperate Managers.

Everyone along the way was friendly and appreciated all questions I asked.

Interview Questions

• Relate an experience were you were forced to make an unpopular decision and how did you handle it?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The salary for this position was set before completion of the interview process. Candidates were aware of the salary range early in the process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Accenture (New York, NY) in June 2019.

Interview

You are gonna wait a long time for your turn, so better go early. Bring water, snacks, jacket, power bank, earphones, book (you might get bored). Exam, 1st part: logic like there are figures and patterns. 2nd part: via phone call, will check your voice; you'll listen to a conversation then questions after. Then HR interview. Basic hr questions but better to practice. I was told to wait for 1 week, I am still waiting.

Interview Questions

• What are you looking for the company that you are applying?   Answer Question
    • Hard experience and how did you manage?   1 Answer
    • What are you gonna be 5 years from now?   Answer Question

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Accenture.

Interview

I applied through college and Accenture visited the campus for 2 days, n the first day we had assessment test and second day was in personal interview. They announced the result on the same day.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Accenture (Reston, VA) in April 2011.

Interview

It was easy at first, but then the interviews became tricky. I feel that they base their interviews based on what they find in the behavioral interviews rather than the skills-based interviews. If they want you, they hire you immediately. If they don't, prepare to wait, and wait, and wait.

Interview Questions

• What was your favorite course? Why?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Accenture (San Francisco, CA) in August 2011.

Interview

I posted my online application and I was emailed the very next day with a letter of interest form their recruiting office. I was given a return email address to speak with their recruiter that had been assigned to me, mostly just give information about when 'I' would be available to speak with them. When I sent my available times, which were spread throughout the week, then recruiter got right back to me with another email asking if there was any time sooner that I could handle because if all went well, then would like to have Skill/IQ test within the next day and the final interview at the end of the week. I agreed to have the phone interview right there and then (6 a.m.-normally asleep). The phone interview lasted just about 15 minutes and mostly it was just background questions and what kind of company I would like to work for. This was closer to a personality test and if you would be a good fit with the company itself. After the recruiter was done with her questions she said that she would like to send me the Skill/IQ test and would appreciate if I could take it as soon as possible because if I passed the final interview was to be scheduled two days from then.

The IQ test was 40 logic questions that you have 60 minutes to answer. These questions didn't have much to do with coding itself, mostly just logic that most people could solve by thinking through a problem involving colors, shapes, truth tables, and robot path logic. The question were wordy though, most of your time can be wasted just trying to read the explanation of a question rather than just trying to think of the question itself. You don't have to answer all of the questions, but the ones you don't answer will be counted against your score.

After the test you will be called in for a final interview with a group of other candidates. First there is a PowerPoint presentation that describes the company’s overall culture, benefits, and what your possible job description will be. Each candidate will be called for two separate one on one interviews. One interview is a Technical interview and the other is a Human Resource interview. While you are waiting for either of your interviews you are left in a room with everyone else that is waiting and there is one representative in the room as well to answer any questions you might have. There is was also some beagles and orange juice provided. After all that is done and everyone is sent home, you will receive a call about whether or not you did or did not get the job.

Every step of the interview process was done very smoothly and kindly. The main recruiter was a pleasure to work with and everyone I met at the final interview was very nice to everyone and was respectful of everyone's questions. Overall I would have to say that for such a large and powerful company, they treated even the hiring candidates a real people, not as pieces of meat and they were just selecting the best cut.

On a side note, I was lucky enough to be in the waiting room when the Accenture representative said something very important to me. Accenture does want to know you have the ability to know and learn new technically skills, but what is more important to them... is they want to hire good 'people', they can always teach you the technical skills 'they' need you to know later. Be who you are and show them what you can already do, then they will teach you what else you need to know.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There is no negotiation, that is made very clear at the start of the interview process.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I interviewed at Accenture (Washington, DC) in July 2012.

Interview

First a phone interview then an aptitude test. After that it was onto their hiring day with a group of about 10 others. They told us more about the company and the position for an hour and took us in for two separate 1 on 1 interviews. One was "hr" and the other was "technical" but they overlapped and had many of the same questions.

Interview Questions

• questions:
      tell me about yourself
      strengths/weaknesses
      explain a past project (high level)
      tell me about a problem you faced in that project and how did you overcome it
      what is encapsulation. what is polymorphism.
      relationship between object and class.
      a few more object oriented questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Atlanta, GA) in July 2010.

Interview

The interviewing experience was generally more laid back. It almost felt casual at some points. This is done purposely to get past that interview facade and look at how you are personality wise. Initially, I talked to a recruiter. He asked general questions about programming (simple questions about OOP and such). Then came the online test. It was relatively simple. The only issue is the time limit which is bad for those with test anxiety. Once you pass the test, you set up the 1:1 interviews (there were 2 in my case). The first was a skills interview where you mainly talked business and ways of getting things done. The second was more about them getting to know who you are and gauging your communication skills. You find out relatively quickly (a week or so) if you got the job or not.

Interview Questions

• The interviewer had asked me a time when it was best not to use OOP after spending several minutes praising OOP.   3 Answers

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Java basic questions

Salary was about 45K per year

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Accenture.

Interview

There was a logic test. It was followed by a Technical Interview and a HR Interview

Interview Questions

• All the questions were pretty straight forward. Nothing unexpected.   Answer Question