Electronic Arts Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Electronic Arts Interview Questions

Updated Jul 15, 2018

2.7

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Electronic Arts (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Structured, very formal and professional. Make the applier feel welcomed and at home. No stress included, but yet held their head high. Thank you EA for such a good experience!

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have with working with a large community.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Electronic Arts (Redwood City, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

The interview process was fairly easy (one panel and two phone screens) but the job was vastly misrepresented in all hiring steps and it was not a very cohesive team. What was once a very good Community/Social team within the Web Dev department is now homed within PR and is very corporate-glossy and not a pleasant team to interact within.

I did not like the team and they did not represent the job accurately

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Electronic Arts (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

One recruiter phone interview. Three hiring manager and team member phone interviews. Seven in-person interview including a trip to their headquarters in Redwood. Everyone was really nice, not one hard question, since i worked in the field for years I was very prepared and had answer for everything they inquired. In fact I asked them questions they had no answers for.

Interview Questions

• Background of skills, team member working relationship,   Answer Question

Computer Programmer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Electronic Arts (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

Interview was pretty good, they hired me on the spot. The Interviewer was a good person and very knowledgeable, can't say the same for the rest of the company. They are a horrible company to work for.

Interview Questions

• If I was good at programming and what I knew.   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Electronic Arts in September 2010.

Interview

Interview went great. it took them a long time to respond to me sadly. Dropped off my portfolio at gencon in July or so. Didnt hear back from them until late September. Once i did hear from them the interview process went smoothly. obviously there was some nervousness on my part, but in the end i got the job. I was happy to get it, their offered salary, while low, i didnt know it was low, and was about 4 times more than i was making at the time. HOLY CRAP. I immediately bought a concertina. never learned to play it, but i often scared my roommates/cats with it. It worked well in that role. I still have the concertina, but i often think i should sell it.

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Electronic Arts (Orlando, FL) in July 2011.

Interview

I got a phone call in July after applying in May for a position that I didn't even apply to but worked well with my skill set. The recruiter tells me that someone will contact me the next day to set up an interview time. I do get a call to come in the next week and a confirmation email the next day.

So I visited for an onsite interview and meet the team, which were a really great set of people. A team of 5 I think with the development manager. Each of them asked me questions and it looks as if they had a set agenda of what they planned to accomplish in the interview.

First I was asked about my education and employment experience, then technical questions (C#, SQL, Concurrency, OO Principles etc.), then questions about teamwork, constant changes in requirements, and time management. Next they asked if I had any specific questions. And that was the whole interview and it only took an hour, which is was the whole time allotted.

Finally I needed to take the skills test (which apparently takes 3 hours) but apparently IT was having computer issues so HR said they would email it to me. I sent everyone thank you notes the next day and asked the talent coordinator when I would expect to get an email for the test. I asked once a week for a month and then two weeks later I asked if I was still being considered for the position because I haven't received anything yet and the position is still posted... No reply so I called, and was told someone should be getting in touch with me the next day and she gave me a number just in case...no call so I called and left a message. I sent her an email, no reply. I called again (a week after my message and email) and it now goes straight to voicemail. How crummy! After some research I now know that EA is pretty notorious for leaving people in the dark, it's like they never applied for a job before!

The position is stil posted, so maybe they just haven't updated the site yet.

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in California, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Electronic Arts (California, MD) in January 2013.

Interview

Took 1 30 mins phone interrview

Associate Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Electronic Arts (Orlando, FL).

Interview

I was originally hired as QA and was promoted into design. All I know about the interview process is that it is a panel interview by a manager and others working in your job class. For engineers, you will need to take a programming test.

Interview Questions

• When interviewing for QA, I was asked a few minutes in to tell the interviewers what their names were.   Answer Question

Associate Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Electronic Arts (Orlando, FL) in January 2018.

Interview

I applied online a week before the Christmas/New Year's break, so I did not expect to hear back until after the new year. About a month after I applied (due to the break), I got an email back from a recruiter to set up a phone interview. The phone interview was pretty straightforward. He mainly wanted to check to make sure the skills I had on my resume were accurate, and that I had knowledge of sports (football and basketball mainly) and EA Sports games in general, since I would be working on one of their sports titles. During the call, he scheduled me for an in-person interview later that week. The recruiter was very heplful, and answered all of my questions very thoroughly. He also gave me some information on what to expect for the interview. The in-person interview was conducted at EA Tiburon, which is where I applied to. There was supposed to be a panel of three people, but only two showed for the majority of the interview (the third person came in as the interview was ending). One of the people that showed up was not scheduled to be there (according to the information given to me by the recruiter), but he was nice to talk to, so I did not see it as a problem. In general, they went over my resume and experience, and asked me questions based off of the things I mentioned in my resume and requirements for the job I applied for. Afterwards, the recruiter gave me a tour of the studio and answered any final questions I had. He told me I would be expecting to hear back from them in the next 4-5 days. I just had the interview a couple of days ago, so I did not hear back from them yet.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I interviewed at Electronic Arts (Redwood City, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

one phone screening interview, then on campus interview. The problem is not difficult. It includes some white board coding and design problems. But the attitude of some interviewer is very bad!
    Most questions are the same from the cracking the coding interview.

Interview Questions

• you can find most of the questions in Cracking the coding interview   Answer Question