Electronic Arts Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Electronic Arts Interview Questions

Updated Apr 23, 2018

2.7

Research Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Electronic Arts.

Interview

First the preliminary interview was a phone call from a recruiter, then the main interview portion was with a manager of the team who oversees this position. The interview lasted 30 mins.

Interview Questions

• Describe my current job functions; what percentage of research and data analysis do I do in my past experience.   Answer Question

Software Engineer-technical Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Electronic Arts (San Francisco, CA) in March 2018.

Interview

Contacted by Recruiter on LinkedIn and the first phone interview was with Karat. Solved the basic database questions and cleared it.
    Second had a phone interview with hiring manager where he forgot which role I was being hired for and explained the wrong job description. Later realized and went through the actual job description.

Called me for onsite: Overall, the interviews went really well and I was really very impressed by the level of knowledge and the way the interviews were organized. I did well and answered pretty much all their questions during all the interviews.

I had a very good opinion until I was rejected for the reason being my experience is more of a Devops rather than a software engineer. This they could have known by looking at my resume or talking to me more about my experience in the call with manager. They don't need to waste my time calling me to onsite and interviewing me for one whole day. I would have really appreciated If they wanted to move forward with a better candidate than me.

Interview Questions

• cannot give exact details. signed NDA. But very basic programming questions. and more about the way we deal with situations   Answer Question

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Electronic Arts (Austin, TX) in March 2018.

Interview

The process was straightforward, the recruiter was very nice and responsive. The recruiter reached out to me via email to schedule a 15-min interview. This interview was mostly behavioral and get-to-know-me. The recruiter then scheduled a 1-hour phone interview with an actual software engineer. For this interview, the engineer asked about my experience and projects, then we proceeded to a coding challenge. He invited me to codeshare and code the requirements. Overall, the engineer guided me through the challenge, especially when I had trouble understanding the question. Finally, a general email from EA came stating that they will move forward with my application.

Interview Questions

• Given the input lines, print them backwards on an 80 column screen.   Answer Question

Associate Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Electronic Arts.

Interview

First round with HR. Resume based questions. Second round with a team lead- Asked some basic questions: Why this job, Describe one of your favorite projects? In depth questions about your resume..etc.

Pathfinder Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Electronic Arts.

Interview

I had to do a lot of emailing to get an interview, but from there it was pretty standard. I did a technical interview over the phone, and got an offer three days later.

Associate Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Electronic Arts (Orlando, FL) in January 2018.

Interview

I applied online a week before the Christmas/New Year's break, so I did not expect to hear back until after the new year. About a month after I applied (due to the break), I got an email back from a recruiter to set up a phone interview. The phone interview was pretty straightforward. He mainly wanted to check to make sure the skills I had on my resume were accurate, and that I had knowledge of sports (football and basketball mainly) and EA Sports games in general, since I would be working on one of their sports titles. During the call, he scheduled me for an in-person interview later that week. The recruiter was very heplful, and answered all of my questions very thoroughly. He also gave me some information on what to expect for the interview. The in-person interview was conducted at EA Tiburon, which is where I applied to. There was supposed to be a panel of three people, but only two showed for the majority of the interview (the third person came in as the interview was ending). One of the people that showed up was not scheduled to be there (according to the information given to me by the recruiter), but he was nice to talk to, so I did not see it as a problem. In general, they went over my resume and experience, and asked me questions based off of the things I mentioned in my resume and requirements for the job I applied for. Afterwards, the recruiter gave me a tour of the studio and answered any final questions I had. He told me I would be expecting to hear back from them in the next 4-5 days. I just had the interview a couple of days ago, so I did not hear back from them yet.

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Electronic Arts (Orlando, FL) in January 2018.

Interview

I applied through LinkedIn, got scheduled for 3 rounds of interview. The first call was from the recruiter, basic HR questions like - 'Tell me about yourself', 'Why Ea'. The next round was a technical phone interview with the manager. I was asked about my resume and projects. Lots of use case questions like -' How will you monetize this game' etc. The final round was taken by 2 senior data analysts and a few questions about R, Python, SQL were asked

Interview Questions

• What visualization tools/packages have you worked with, what were their strengths/weaknesses.   1 Answer

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Electronic Arts in January 2018.

Interview

Apply by refer. The same day HR contact me and arrange the phone interview for next week. The first round goes good and the final round at the week after that week. Receive offer the day after final interview and the process is very efficient

Technical Artist Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Electronic Arts in January 2018.

Interview

two phone calls from HR and technical team.
    1st interview from HR asked some behavioral questions and did some background check.
    Most questions from technical team related to previous experience of building pipeline tools. They want people who good at PyQt and C++.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Electronic Arts (Austin, TX) in December 2017.

Interview

I had a brief screener with an HR, which was very helpful and informational. Then I got a second phone interview, this time with the TD for the position and was asked to program in C# *over the phone*. Not Skype, not a Google Doc, it was done over the phone *verbally*.

This is the single worst interview that I have ever received in my 4 years, it is completely unfair to applicants, especially considering the company works *in a visual medium*. Other AAA companies at least Skype you and screen share for these kinds of interviews. Other companies have even done a Google Doc share. I've never programmed in an interview setting without a whiteboard or some kind of visual aid to clarify to the interviewer. You would never be expected to do this in the real world, either.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to design a class dependency structure, and then a search algorithm [OVER THE PHONE]   2 Answers