Electronic Arts Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Electronic Arts Interview Questions

Updated Feb 17, 2017

2.8

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

1.Introduce myself
    2.Ask algorithm problems. The problem is reverse the linked list. And another one (Sorry, I forgot the question, but it isn't hard).
    3. Ask the resume's problem.
    I mean, this interview is not so hard. But you need to pay attention to the communication.
    The interviewer would ask you to use test case to run your code by hand.

Interview Questions

• 1.Introduce myself
      3. Ask the resume's problem.
      1 Answer

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Electronic Arts (San Francisco, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

I was given a data science challenge to solve in 2 hours. The assignment instructions were very ambiguous and the problem related to search indexes was pretty generic/un-inspiring. When asked a few questions the interviewer prompted to use an elementary solution. There were no sample test cases provided. Nothing specific was mentioned in the final feedback as well. Quiet disappointed in this manner of testing.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Electronic Arts in January 2017.

Interview

At first, ask me about some question related to databases.
    Then, coding problems. And they will guide you step by step when you cannot figure it out.
    It is a phone technological interview and the recruiter is kind of nice.
    When I asked for more days to prepare my interview, they saied yes right away.

Interview Questions

• Find the distinct elements in two arrays.   1 Answer

Associate Game Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maitland, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Electronic Arts (Maitland, FL).

Interview

I applied via their careers page. About a week later, I got an update via e-mail that I was going to be receiving a phone call. Got the call two days later, set up the interview time for the week after, came in for the interview. It was pretty straight forward; they asked about my familiarity with certain engines (they use a proprietary engine, so hands-on experience is impossible) and how I would handle certain group- and task-oriented scenarios, asked if I would be interested in any other positions and ended with "Do you have any questions for us?". Afterwards, I was given a tour of the building and was told I would hear back as soon as a decision was made, regardless of the result. After two weeks of not hearing anything, I called back. I was told they decided to take in more applications and that a decision hadn't been made yet. I called again two weeks later with no answer, I left a message that went unanswered. I sent and e-mail that also went unanswered. I called one last time about a week later and left a final, unanswered message.

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Electronic Arts (New York, NY).

Interview

It was an on-campus recruiting interview. The interviewer came from The Sims (one of the my favorite childhood game) team. The whole process was comfortable and the general difficulty was average level.

Interview Questions

• Stat questions / Market Strategies / How would you evaluate an existed product / If you have chance to design and promote a new event in the Sims, what kind of event would it be...such as these   Answer Question

Senior IT Support Specialist II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Electronic Arts (Redwood City, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by phone by the hiring manager shortly after submitting my application on their site and had a brief conversation (this was quiet surprising and I like'd the personal approach), I was contacted a few days later by their recruiter to setup an onsite interview, it took a little over a week to finally nail down a time slot (mainly due too communication issues and me needing to request time off work because it was going to be a 2 hour ordeal, more on this later).

Once we had the time and day setup I was informed it would be a 5 part 5 person interview, so basically I would meet with the lower team members and work my way up to the head of the department.

Finally the day of the interview comes and I find a parking spot (their parking lot is huge btw make sure you park in the right spot as I was confused on what was open and what was not at first and ended up having to move my car).

My first interview went a little long so the rest where all fairly short after that (about 15-30 mins), I met with each team member they each asked me a variety of questions mainly related to technical skills, one interviewer asked me a riddle/brain teaser question to assess my problem solving skills I assume, I felt this part was unnecessary and kind of a waste of time TBH as we spent over 20 minuets working through it and this wasn't really relevant to the job or my skill set.

All the team members I met with where fairly friendly and easy going, the hiring manager was actually the smoothest and IMO best interview I had that day, the final interview was with the department head and he asked me some pretty routine and basic interview questions and he seemed fairly uninterested in anything I was saying and like he just wanted to finish it up and leave, so I assume he was doing it more out of formality then having any real interest in me or the interview.

Ultimately after several weeks of no response from anyone from the team and the recruiter (mainly since they were going into their holiday time which they did inform me of as well as the fact that they still had other candidates to interview) I was not offered the job due to lack of experience for the senior level role (which to be frank I don't understand why I even got to this stage if that was the case they should have been able to tell this from my resume and the phone screening and saved us all the time but I appreciate the opportunity to represent myself and show my skills all the same), I think they were looking for someone who was already very familiar with most of their technologies that they used and who could just basically come in and start working with little to no training, which unfortunately I did not have at that time as my experience with some of the technology things they used there was a little lacking.

The interview process was very long and physically and mentally exhausting and the wait for the response was frustrating, but for it was a overall good experience, it's not everyday you get to interview with a large company like this.

Interview Questions

• Fairly standard technical background questions, and situational questions, I was quizzed on a few specific technologies that the company focused on for their IT support there was a lot of focus on Microsoft SCCM.   Answer Question

Animator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Electronic Arts (Redwood City, CA).

Interview

The whole process was initially slow but once they have interest in you it started moving a lot faster. Had a phone screen, then a interview with the lead and then an onsite interview. The interviews were pretty laid back. No dumb questions like what is your biggest weakness.

QA Tester Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Electronic Arts (Redwood City, CA).

Interview

Face to face interview w/ 3 people. The position was an entry level type position and was low-paying. It was my first job on the West Coast so I was trying very hard to get it. I don't know if EA conducts their interviews for play testers in a 3 person panel type interview or not, this was about 15 years ago.

Interview Questions

• How would you best describe yourself w/ 1 word   1 Answer

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Electronic Arts.

Interview

The interview started with the HR. The hiring manager provided the resources for the 2nd round of the interview with the senior person in the team.
    During the interview process I met 8 people.
    Basic questions about the industry & my past experience.
    Important to know about the team specific functions

Interview Questions

• Rate yourself in R/Python & SQL   1 Answer

Entry Level Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Electronic Arts (New York, NY).

Interview

I received an email from recruiter that they found my resume and want to interview me. After a 10 minutes phone call, they set a technical interview with 2 data scientists. Both interviewer called me at the same time. It seemed they did not coordinate with each other. Then one of them start the interview and explained about their projects. Then I briefly described my projects and skills. Then he started to ask different machine learning questions which were easy for me and I connected my answers to the real projects I did before. After 10 data science questions he asked one algorithm question about arrays. I gave 3 solutions all of them was correct. Then He asked for an o(n) solution that it did not come to my mind at that moment. The interviewer was very nice.

Interview Questions

• general machine learning questions
      one algorithm question found in leetcode
      Answer Question