Electronic Arts Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 11, 2018

2.7

1. Featured Interview

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Electronic Arts (Burnaby, BC (Canada)) in October 2017.

Interview

I was recommended for an interview by someone who worked there up until recently. Brought in for an interview at their Burnaby campus. First 15 minutes were them telling me about what they do at CDS, projects they're working on, what they hope to do with data in the future. Then it was at least 30 min of questions about statistics, machine learning, sql.

Interview Questions

• For SQL, he showed me a piece of paper with about 4 different tables on it, all related to a warehouse maybe: one for customers, one for items, one for orders, one for shipments. He gave a scenario where a manager wants a report every day of all the shipments that went out that day and the report should include orderId, itemName, shipmentDate or something like that. What query would you use to get these things.   Answer Question
    • If you were the CEO of Shoppers Drug Mart and you wanted a display of the total revenue for each of your stores, what would be the best way to display this info?   Answer Question
    • What are the basic assumptions underlying linear regression?   Answer Question
    • How would you measure the error of a linear regression model?   Answer Question
    • If you had a continuous class and continuous variables, what kind of model would you do?   Answer Question
    • What is an "outlier"? Give an example.   Answer Question
    • How much of the data is within one std deviation of the mean? What percentage?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Electronic Arts (Austin, TX) in December 2017.

Interview

I had a brief screener with an HR, which was very helpful and informational. Then I got a second phone interview, this time with the TD for the position and was asked to program in C# *over the phone*. Not Skype, not a Google Doc, it was done over the phone *verbally*.

This is the single worst interview that I have ever received in my 4 years, it is completely unfair to applicants, especially considering the company works *in a visual medium*. Other AAA companies at least Skype you and screen share for these kinds of interviews. Other companies have even done a Google Doc share. I've never programmed in an interview setting without a whiteboard or some kind of visual aid to clarify to the interviewer. You would never be expected to do this in the real world, either.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to design a class dependency structure, and then a search algorithm [OVER THE PHONE]   2 Answers

QA Tester Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Electronic Arts.

Interview

Large room, with rows of tables occupied by current employees behind one another. You're seated, and they ask you a series of questions regarding working conditions, hardware experience etc. There's not really much to it aside from that.

Interview Questions

• If you had one console to play for the rest of your life, what would it be?   2 Answers
    • You may have to spend long periods of time in small spaces with other employees. How do you feel about that?   1 Answer

Build Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Electronic Arts (Austin, TX) in November 2017.

Interview

I had originally applied for a different position that didn’t work out. The recruiter suggested I apply for the Build Engineer position and I realized it was an even better fit that the one I had applied for.

I had an hour long phone interview with a manager and senior engineer which was both behavioral and technical. Then I had an in person interview. It was a very smooth and positive experience.

Interview Questions

• [ description of a very manual process] - how would you approach automating it?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

phone interview for 45min. The question is not difficult at all but I was too nervous to solve it correctly. The interviewer is nice and guide me to understand what he wants me to do.

Software Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Electronic Arts (Austin, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter responding to my application. After the coordination and talking to him, I moved to the next rounds where I spoke with the QA Director and eventually was invited onsite. There I met with the team and it was more like a conversation rather than an interview. The team was really supportive and encouraged to give my best and true self. They were friendly people and we spoke as if we were already working together and were laughing during the conversation as well!

Interview Questions

• There were technical and behavioral questions blended into the conversation.   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Interview

Simple process including pre screening phone calls then in person interview. Phone interviews were anywhere from 15 - 30 minutes and were with a few different people from office all over. They set up interviews via email and confirm which is nice as well as give you all the information on who will be interviewing you and what they will interviewing you about which helps you prepare.

Sourcing Expert Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I interviewed at Electronic Arts (Austin, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

Had a recruiter reaching out to set up a phone interview with recruiting manager. The intrrview went well. Did not receive any follow-up email. Followed-up twice with recruiter and once with hiring manager with no answer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Electronic Arts (Bloomington, IN) in September 2017.

Interview

Firstly, I was asked for a brief self-introduction. Then we switched my resume and he asked me a lot of details about my current work, especially some implementation details. At last, we did a coding test of Longest Palindrome Subsequence

Interview Questions

• Longest Palindrome Subsequence   1 Answer

Event Coordinator - Contract Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Electronic Arts (Redwood City, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

EA has a great interview process and it went smoothly. I was applying for a part-time contract job, which was a new role for their department, and although I know I had more than enough experience, they were looking for hospitality experience specifically. It started with a phone interview and I was asked to interview in person after, which took about an hour and overall it was pretty casual.

3D Artist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Electronic Arts (Redwood City, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

Apply on website, get the email after a day to arrange 30 min phone call with recruiter. Recruiter is really nice. After a week, got other appointment with team phone call with art director and one technical artist. Ask a lot technical question and favorite game.