Electronic Arts Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Electronic Arts Interview Questions

Updated Nov 13, 2017

2.7

QA Tester Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Electronic Arts.

Interview

Large room, with rows of tables occupied by current employees behind one another. You're seated, and they ask you a series of questions regarding working conditions, hardware experience etc. There's not really much to it aside from that.

Interview Questions

• If you had one console to play for the rest of your life, what would it be?   2 Answers
    • You may have to spend long periods of time in small spaces with other employees. How do you feel about that?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

phone interview for 45min. The question is not difficult at all but I was too nervous to solve it correctly. The interviewer is nice and guide me to understand what he wants me to do.

Software Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Electronic Arts (Austin, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter responding to my application. After the coordination and talking to him, I moved to the next rounds where I spoke with the QA Director and eventually was invited onsite. There I met with the team and it was more like a conversation rather than an interview. The team was really supportive and encouraged to give my best and true self. They were friendly people and we spoke as if we were already working together and were laughing during the conversation as well!

Interview Questions

• There were technical and behavioral questions blended into the conversation.   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Interview

Simple process including pre screening phone calls then in person interview. Phone interviews were anywhere from 15 - 30 minutes and were with a few different people from office all over. They set up interviews via email and confirm which is nice as well as give you all the information on who will be interviewing you and what they will interviewing you about which helps you prepare.

Event Coordinator - Contract Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Electronic Arts (Redwood City, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

EA has a great interview process and it went smoothly. I was applying for a part-time contract job, which was a new role for their department, and although I know I had more than enough experience, they were looking for hospitality experience specifically. It started with a phone interview and I was asked to interview in person after, which took about an hour and overall it was pretty casual.

Sourcing Expert Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I interviewed at Electronic Arts (Austin, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

Had a recruiter reaching out to set up a phone interview with recruiting manager. The intrrview went well. Did not receive any follow-up email. Followed-up twice with recruiter and once with hiring manager with no answer.

3D Artist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Electronic Arts (Redwood City, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

Apply on website, get the email after a day to arrange 30 min phone call with recruiter. Recruiter is really nice. After a week, got other appointment with team phone call with art director and one technical artist. Ask a lot technical question and favorite game.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Electronic Arts (Bloomington, IN) in September 2017.

Interview

Firstly, I was asked for a brief self-introduction. Then we switched my resume and he asked me a lot of details about my current work, especially some implementation details. At last, we did a coding test of Longest Palindrome Subsequence

Interview Questions

• Longest Palindrome Subsequence   1 Answer

Intelligence Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Electronic Arts (Boston, MA) in September 2017.

Interview

There was a coding test from the get-go. There was no phone interview. I did not get past the first round. They seemed to want to test the basic skills first.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Electronic Arts (Seattle, WA).

Interview

I applied online via the EA website. About a week later, I got an email requesting a phone interview. In that interview with a hiring manager, we discussed my educational, career, and research history, mostly background stuff, very light. Hiring manager was very kind and responsive.

Following that, about a week later, I had a technical phone interview where I coded in a shared document. General questions relates to different data types, followed by an implementation of a cpp datatype conversion algorithm. Wasn't too challenging, and the interviewer walked me through a couple critiques and the problem itself.

A couple weeks past without response, but fortunately ended with a request for an on-site interview. I met with them a couple days later, had a series of interviews with engineers that I would be working with, both technical and personality interviews, lasting about 5-6 hours in all. I coded on a white board in response to general algorithm questions, mostly pseudo code. Nothing too difficult, and all very interesting and honestly kind of fun. Interviewers were kind and assisted in guiding towards the right solution.

A couple days later, I got an offer and accepted.

Interview Questions

• (Phone interview) Signed an NDA, so no specifics, but I was asked about how I would convert from one datatype to another datatype efficiently.   Answer Question
    • (On-site interview) Signed an NDA, so no specifics, but I was asked about how I would implement a couple algorithms that acted on various cpp data types. Also general algorithm problems related to social media tasks.   Answer Question