Wells Fargo Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 22, 2017
5,407 Interview Reviews

2.8

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

So you apply to all the job postings that you want online wellsfargo.com/careers. You have to make an account and apply for each job post individually. Then you get an email to do a screening. It's a bunch of random aptitude questions. Then you'll get a choice as to when you would like to attend a group interview. This is for your entire metropolitan area. You interview with a recruiting officer. The group interview is about 2 hours long. You have to apply for all the job postings you want online again. Then you'll get an email telling you you can come for another interview-it is either one on one or another group interview. Or you'll get one saying they chose to go a different direction. If you get the former you'll go to a group interview-at least in my case- with a hiring panel. It has the district manager, and the managers at all the stores that have openings in the area. They'll ask you questions. Then at that point they write what they like about you and send it to recruitment who then makes the final decisions. Then the recruiting officer will either call you or email you telling you if you got the job. But careful, then you have to do an online application, set up a date for a fingerprint analysis, then the background check officialpy starts which could take a while. The. After that clears it's another week or two until you go into 2 weeks of mandatory 8-5 training. All in all the hiring process is about 6-8 weeks. It's long for an entry level job.

Tips- you don't have to be the first one to answer all of the questions but try to be the third or forth, because sometimes they'll skip to the next question for the sake of time
    Smile: look the interviewer straight in the eye and smile and make eye contact even when they're talking to the whole group.
    Dress: Dress better then you think you should. Wear a suit. For girls a blazer and work pants is perfect. They should be wrinkle free and ironed. Stick with neutral colors and minimal makeup. Girls don't ever wear bold lipstick to an interview it's just not appropriate. And no chipped nail polish. Guys- if you wear a suit don't wear a black tie- it's only appropriate for funerals and weddings. Make sure your socks don't show and your tie should match your shirt.
    Sales- what they're looking for the most is cash experience and sales experience. And people who can learn quickly and easily. Extra friendly is the key word here. They also have customer satisfaction surveys so if you're not great with customers it might not be the right fit.

Interview Questions

• Whats a time you've overcome an obstacle? what did you learn?   9 Answers
    • Whens a time you've dealt with a difficult customer? How did you retain them?   5 Answers
    • Name a professional achievement. What did you learn about yourself?   7 Answers
    • We find coachability very important. Whens a time you'd say you learned a task quickly and effectively   2 Answers
    • Tell us about a personal sales goal. MOST IMPORTANT   2 Answers

Negotiation

Sometimes with tellers you'll have to mark both part time and full time because they have more part time positions available- but it could lead to full time. Just be prepared that it could be part time they're offering you. I got
    A part time of 24 hours a week.

Anonymous Employee in Missoula, MT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Missoula, MT).

Interview

Showed up and was asked about my education and answered a few questions wit the district manager and was called an hour or so later and was offered the job

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

Phone behavior interview where you are scenario based question about preview experiences. Each question covers something related to the job description. You receive a call based on whether your response fit their culture.

Phone Banker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Birmingham, AL).

Interview

The interviewing and hiring process was quick. Once you complete your assessment, you set up a group interview if you do well on the group interview you have a face to face interview. Pretty easy, they ask behavioral questions mostly.

Interview Questions

• Name a goal you had to accomplish and how did you accomplish it.   Answer Question

Strategy Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

The process:
    1) Phone screen with recruiter (I had a referral so there may have been another screen with someone on the team if you aren't referred)
    2) First-round "interview-blitz", with 4-5 experience and case interviews (45mins each), in a row, in person
    3) Final-round panel interview (single 45mins interview) with a handful of team members, presenting an interview "homework" assignment

A few thoughts / pieces of advice:
    - Template-based interviews. As a result, very mechanical. "Tell me about a time when you showed .. creativity / team work / dealt with hard client / etc" with minimal or no deviation beyond the pre-written questions, a zero surprises or thinking you will have to do in the interview.. Lack of thoughtfulness in design of the interview structure. In truth, even if the people interviewing are nice and interesting, this format made the interviews painful and cheesy, and fails to give opportunity to build much connection with the interviewers, and gives a strange impression for the profiles they want to hire. These are easy-preparation interviews.
    - Final-round interview "homework" asks you a very very broad question, and so is a big time suck. Likely 15+ hours if you want to pull together something that is a good piece of work. So, my suggestion would be just to give some high-level recommendations with high level rationale (i.e., think of this as a school homework not a work project) and practice your pitch rather than arming yourself with facts. Any way you approach it will take a bunch of time, and you will have to be sure of really, really wanting this job to commit to this.
    - Also, no step at which you interview with the head of the group. Again, this isn't a junior role (or even really a very big team).

Some nice people interviewing, but a really strange process - everything about it, from the templates to idea of giving a "homework" to the lack of interaction with senior leaders, feels like a basic out-of-college recruiting process for a generic junior role at a generic big company.. even though it's meant to be for strategy people with 5+ years experience. In my view, doesn't feel tailored or aligned to the ambitions of the profiles they want to hire. But regardless, be aware of this if you interview as you can tailor your approach accordingly.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you showed creativity in your work / dealt with a difficult client / had to change your approach to a project / had to show teamwork / [inset any generic interview question here]   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fort Collins, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Fort Collins, CO).

Interview

Online application, phone interview, group interview, one-on-one interview, background check (that was at a location 30min outside of the large town that I was applying in), start date 2 weeks out.

Interview Questions

• If you were asked to withdraw 200,000 dollars out of an account, what would you do?   Answer Question

Bank Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

It was a group interview where everyone introduced themselves and their past work experience. After that, everyone had a turn answering the same question. If you made it past the group interview, you had a interview with the bank manager at the location you requested.

Interview Questions

• what previous experience do you have hitting sales goals?   Answer Question

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

Phone interview, Group Interview, One on one interview. Easy process and quick as long as you have a location that is hiring. Then depending on the manager of the branch to take you in or not. if not you can apply at a different location without having to do the group interview again.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time that you had to deal with a difficult customer ? And how did you solve it?   Answer Question

Compliance Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

Starts with a phone recruiter and then if you pass their level they will request and in person meeting with the hiring manager. I am waiting to hear if I will be invited for an in-person interview.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about COSO?   1 Answer

Interview

The interviews are in the meeting and had phone call with most interviewers. The interviewers were nice but asked a series of tough questions about project I did before and related details.