Wells Fargo Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Wells Fargo Interview Questions

Updated Aug 18, 2018
6,057 Interview Reviews

2.7

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

Phone interview; panel interview; hiring manager; lastly interview with the group SVP.

Interview Questions

• What would your first 30 days look like for you in this position?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiate the base salary, which can range anywhere between $50k - $75k, commensurate with experience.

Commercial Real Estate Interview

Interview

University Recruiting. Asked some questions on financial statements and DCF.

Interview Questions

• "How do you underwrite a property"   1 Answer

Commercial Real Estate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

Interviewed by two analysts asking mainly fit questions as well as two accounting questions.They also asked why real estate. The main points they were trying to get at were to see if I would fit in with the team.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (New York, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

Two rounds, one 30 minute interview and one Superday. Entire process took 2 months. I went through OCR, first round was with one VP took 30 minutes. Basic behavioral questions and one technical question. "Walk me through the financial statements" On the superday, I met with 4 people for 30 minutes each, every interviewer had a technical question to ask in addition to behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through the four financial statements. Quantitatively and qualitatively, how would you value two identical buildings differently? What is the most important financial statement?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

Applied through school career site. Basic first round interview on campus (mostly behavioral and why real estate), invited back for super day a couple weeks later in their corporate office.

Interview Questions

• Super day: Why WF, how would you value an office building, if the world oil supply drops how would it effect disney, how would you value pizza place in NYC   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

5-6 phone calls - mostly behavioral questions. Care more about the fit in the company culture. Great people and very encouraging throughout the process. More of a conversation than an interview and more focus on past experiences and leadership opportunities.

Interview Questions

• Talk about the different financial statements- how would you explain them to your grandma?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Dallas, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

Mostly behavioral with a few simple technical questions. For example, pretend you are explaining a balance sheet, income statement, and statement of cash flows to someone with no knowledge of finance. Some behavioral included talk about a time you failed leading a team and what caused that. At the end also did a small case of if x company were to seek a loan for construction of a building what are some things you would research in regards to the loan.

Interview Questions

• Briefly describe balance sheet, income statement, and statement of cash flows to someone who has no knowledge of finance   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Chicago, IL) in October 2017.

Interview

One on-campus 30 minute interview with Relationship Manager, heard back the next day about the superday in the Chicago office in two weeks. Had four, 45 minute interviews detailing resume, experience, and a couple technical and critical thinking questions.

Interview Questions

• If the world supply of oil decreases, how will that affect earnings for NYSE: DIS?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Berkeley, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

It was a 30 minute interview, and it was clear that the interview in its entirety centralized the completion of a standardized Wells Fargo interview worksheet. The guy was relaxed. Basically just filled out the worksheet and then asked if I had any questions. Overall, it was a fairly easy interview, as long as you review basic financial statement and leverage basics.

Commercial Relationship Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

Wells on line application and resume submission process is very easy to navigate. The entire process for this specific role was very efficient, 3 weeks from online submission to final interview and feedback. The most impressive part of the process was the invaluable feedback received from the interviewing manager. This is unheard of from past experiences.

Interview Questions

• Panel interview consisting of situational based interview questions, specifically leadership competencies.   Answer Question