Wells Fargo Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 21, 2018
5,982 Interview Reviews

2.7

Anonymous Employee in Fort Collins, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Fort Collins, CO).

Interview

Online application, phone interview, group interview, one-on-one interview, background check (that was at a location 30min outside of the large town that I was applying in), start date 2 weeks out.

Interview Questions

• If you were asked to withdraw 200,000 dollars out of an account, what would you do?   11 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Santa Monica, CA) in December 2017.

Interview

I applied online and after passing an assessment test I had a phone interview, they asked me about my ability to work with computer and also my experiences with working with customers and cash handling. after that, i got a call from the bank and set a time for an interview.

Interview Questions

• tell me about the time that you did something that you know it was a right thing to do, even though it was challenging to do such a thing   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Reno, NV) in January 2018.

Interview

Applied online on the 11th Jan 2018. On the same day, I received a link to schedule a phone interview. I picked 16th (the closest available date). On the day of the phone interview, I received an email from the recruiter telling me I don't need to do anymore phone interview since I already had one recently (first teller position I applied but did not get the job). On the same day, (16th) I received a call from the service manager to schedule an in-person interview on the 19th. I went in on the 19th at 1045am and interview was done in 20-15mins. I left. Sat and Sun passed. Monday, the 22nd, I received a phone call from the recruiter offering me the job.

I did not do well in my first interview with Wells Fargo, but I remembered all the questions and came prepared for my 2nd interview. Same questions were asked in my 2nd interview. This time I passed it and got the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your previous job, what you did and why Wells Fargo?   1 Answer
    • about a time you did the right thing even though it was a challenge to do such a thing.   Answer Question
    • Tell us about your cash handling experience.   Answer Question
    • How do you handle the stress associated with high volume work?   Answer Question
    • When was a time you admit to your mistake and what did you learn?   Answer Question
    • A time you did something outside of a job description.   Answer Question
    • About a time you were able to identify what product fits a particular customer (cross-selling).   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Miami, FL).

Interview

Brief and simple if you go Prepared 6 to 8 questions on phone and in-person interview. But you can easily be surprised by an unexpected Customer Service question and be left in blank if not Prepared/Study question/answers. They like story like answers can be made up but hand in hand with your work experience. Forgot what its called but they go by that format.

Interview Questions

• What was a difficult situation with a customer and what you did to resolve it, what was the outcome?   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Interview

Phone screening, basic behavorial interview. Go into office and they ask more technical questions. Want to see your train of thought rather than the right answer. Very laid back and nice people,

Lead Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Saint Paul, MN).

Interview

The hiring process went extremely smooth for me. It took about a little less than 2 weeks for the hiring process. Once you applied, a recruiter contacts you via email within 1-3 days and then you proceed with a phone interview (you get to choose the date which is nice) and once you pass the phone interview , you then proceed with the face to face interview with the service manager and branch manager.

Interview Questions

• What did you did you do to go out of the way to please?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

Applied online. Several weeks later, I got an email from a recruiter looking to set up a brief phone screening. During the phone screening, I was asked about my familiarity with various systems used within the online fraud department in addition to my qualifications for the position. I received another email within a week setting up a face-to-face interview. I was interviewed by two supervisors and was asked STAR interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time where you had to adapt to a new procedure at work.   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time where you took on additional responsibilities when you did not have to.   Answer Question

Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

The Interview process took one week after applied online. They email me to schedule the phone interview. it was about 20- 30 mins phone interview with recruiter .

Bank Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

Applied for full time teller, had the phone interview passed , then about a week later was called for face to face. I interview at the location at what I thought I would be working at, after the face to face interview wasn't as bad, I was told that I would actually be working at another location, due to the location I interviewed at had already filled the position. No biggie just was glad to have gotten the job.

Investment Banking Interview

Interview

It was in couple rounds of person to person interview, and they would mostly ask questions about my resume. They also asked questions about basic technical banking terms and see if I am a good fit to the company.