Wells Fargo Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 21, 2017
5,156 Interview Reviews

2.8

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

So you apply to all the job postings that you want online wellsfargo.com/careers. You have to make an account and apply for each job post individually. Then you get an email to do a screening. It's a bunch of random aptitude questions. Then you'll get a choice as to when you would like to attend a group interview. This is for your entire metropolitan area. You interview with a recruiting officer. The group interview is about 2 hours long. You have to apply for all the job postings you want online again. Then you'll get an email telling you you can come for another interview-it is either one on one or another group interview. Or you'll get one saying they chose to go a different direction. If you get the former you'll go to a group interview-at least in my case- with a hiring panel. It has the district manager, and the managers at all the stores that have openings in the area. They'll ask you questions. Then at that point they write what they like about you and send it to recruitment who then makes the final decisions. Then the recruiting officer will either call you or email you telling you if you got the job. But careful, then you have to do an online application, set up a date for a fingerprint analysis, then the background check officialpy starts which could take a while. The. After that clears it's another week or two until you go into 2 weeks of mandatory 8-5 training. All in all the hiring process is about 6-8 weeks. It's long for an entry level job.

Tips- you don't have to be the first one to answer all of the questions but try to be the third or forth, because sometimes they'll skip to the next question for the sake of time
    Smile: look the interviewer straight in the eye and smile and make eye contact even when they're talking to the whole group.
    Dress: Dress better then you think you should. Wear a suit. For girls a blazer and work pants is perfect. They should be wrinkle free and ironed. Stick with neutral colors and minimal makeup. Girls don't ever wear bold lipstick to an interview it's just not appropriate. And no chipped nail polish. Guys- if you wear a suit don't wear a black tie- it's only appropriate for funerals and weddings. Make sure your socks don't show and your tie should match your shirt.
    Sales- what they're looking for the most is cash experience and sales experience. And people who can learn quickly and easily. Extra friendly is the key word here. They also have customer satisfaction surveys so if you're not great with customers it might not be the right fit.

Interview Questions

• Whats a time you've overcome an obstacle? what did you learn?   9 Answers
    • Whens a time you've dealt with a difficult customer? How did you retain them?   5 Answers
    • Name a professional achievement. What did you learn about yourself?   7 Answers
    • We find coachability very important. Whens a time you'd say you learned a task quickly and effectively   2 Answers
    • Tell us about a personal sales goal. MOST IMPORTANT   2 Answers

Negotiation

Sometimes with tellers you'll have to mark both part time and full time because they have more part time positions available- but it could lead to full time. Just be prepared that it could be part time they're offering you. I got
    A part time of 24 hours a week.

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

Interview logistics were great. I was scheduled a flight and everything to go to headquarters to interview. Interviews with about six different managers. Didn't get position because I "seemed nervous in one of the interviews". I dont think that this was a valid reason. I received good feedback from the managers that I interviewed with. Overall being "nervous in one interview" shouldn't override the rest of the five interviews. Good luck!

Teller Interview

Interview

pretty basic, all the standard questions. they did not seem like they were present, very distracted by interruptions from other employees, said they were short staffed and that is why they needed to hire someone

Java Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

Since I was 3+ year experience, I was directly qualified for the second round with Wells Fargo(My client ) . With them I has one pone screen followed by on site interview.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Concord, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Concord, CA).

Interview

Multiple interview format .A questionnaire for initial selection . Then phone interview with the recruiter . Interview with the manage over the phone.Another interview with team and managers. The interview process was long and the decision process was slow . However the overall experience was quite professional. The process and competition is tough

Teller Interview

Interview

Everything went very well, but I think I didn't do well talking about my experience . My advise to ride more about other people experience, and how they did in their interview

Digital Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

The interview process was not very transparent. I submitted my application and about 2 months later got an email out of the blue for a phone interview. Once I completed the phone interview (which was only about 25 minutes), I received an email about a week later asking me to call them back. Once I called them back I got a verbal offer and recovered the official offer letter about a week later.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your previous marketing experience.   1 Answer
    • When have you had to pivot or change your process when working on a project?   Answer Question

Part Time Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Duluth, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Duluth, GA) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Later that day received an email to complete assessment. The next day I received another email saying I have been chosen to complete participate in a group interview.
    My group interview was today. I was accompanied by 11 other individuals. The interviewer was very relaxed and friendly. We introduced ourselves then he asked only 4 questions. We took turns answer all the questions. The interview lasted for 2 1/2 hours.
    I now have to wait 7-10 days to hear if I move on to the next step, which is an interview with two branch managers.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience with customer service? How many years? And have you dealt with difficult customers   Answer Question
    • Have you been employed somewhere where you had to promote products and services? For how long?   Answer Question
    • Do you have experience working with computers and multiple programs? For how long?   Answer Question
    • How much cash handling experience do you have?   Answer Question

Collector III Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

Filled out application online. Took assessment test. Passed and they reached out for a phone interview. I was contacted through phone and email. The recruiter isn't even from your city. They will let you know what times they have and what time zone the interview will be in.

Operations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo in May 2017.

Interview

Got the information through recruiter. Took me one week to set up interview. Did interview at Wells Fargo in MD. Interview lasted about 50 minute. Took 2 weeks to hear back from them.