Wells Fargo Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 16, 2017
5,313 Interview Reviews

2.8

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

So you apply to all the job postings that you want online wellsfargo.com/careers. You have to make an account and apply for each job post individually. Then you get an email to do a screening. It's a bunch of random aptitude questions. Then you'll get a choice as to when you would like to attend a group interview. This is for your entire metropolitan area. You interview with a recruiting officer. The group interview is about 2 hours long. You have to apply for all the job postings you want online again. Then you'll get an email telling you you can come for another interview-it is either one on one or another group interview. Or you'll get one saying they chose to go a different direction. If you get the former you'll go to a group interview-at least in my case- with a hiring panel. It has the district manager, and the managers at all the stores that have openings in the area. They'll ask you questions. Then at that point they write what they like about you and send it to recruitment who then makes the final decisions. Then the recruiting officer will either call you or email you telling you if you got the job. But careful, then you have to do an online application, set up a date for a fingerprint analysis, then the background check officialpy starts which could take a while. The. After that clears it's another week or two until you go into 2 weeks of mandatory 8-5 training. All in all the hiring process is about 6-8 weeks. It's long for an entry level job.

Tips- you don't have to be the first one to answer all of the questions but try to be the third or forth, because sometimes they'll skip to the next question for the sake of time
    Smile: look the interviewer straight in the eye and smile and make eye contact even when they're talking to the whole group.
    Dress: Dress better then you think you should. Wear a suit. For girls a blazer and work pants is perfect. They should be wrinkle free and ironed. Stick with neutral colors and minimal makeup. Girls don't ever wear bold lipstick to an interview it's just not appropriate. And no chipped nail polish. Guys- if you wear a suit don't wear a black tie- it's only appropriate for funerals and weddings. Make sure your socks don't show and your tie should match your shirt.
    Sales- what they're looking for the most is cash experience and sales experience. And people who can learn quickly and easily. Extra friendly is the key word here. They also have customer satisfaction surveys so if you're not great with customers it might not be the right fit.

Interview Questions

• Whats a time you've overcome an obstacle? what did you learn?   9 Answers
    • Whens a time you've dealt with a difficult customer? How did you retain them?   5 Answers
    • Name a professional achievement. What did you learn about yourself?   7 Answers
    • We find coachability very important. Whens a time you'd say you learned a task quickly and effectively   2 Answers
    • Tell us about a personal sales goal. MOST IMPORTANT   2 Answers

Negotiation

Sometimes with tellers you'll have to mark both part time and full time because they have more part time positions available- but it could lead to full time. Just be prepared that it could be part time they're offering you. I got
    A part time of 24 hours a week.

Student Loan Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

Two hiring managers interviewed me, asked about my background, and why I want to work at Wells Fargo. The hiring managers went over the position, but they were mainly concerned about the schedule and wanted to make sure I can work a guarantee 45-50 hrs. a week.

Interview Questions

• How well do you work in a team environment?   1 Answer

Diversity Forum Interview

Interview

The interviewer was stubborn and unfriendly. He was no straightforward with the questions. The questions were extremely complex and were not for asset management. They were more for investment banking and capital markets.

Interview Questions

• How to follow the news give me an example of an investment theme   Answer Question

Part Time Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Tampa, FL).

Interview

Group interview by HR recruiter, very relaxed and comfortable enviroment. Wewere first asked to introduce ourselves. Afer that a question was asked and you raised your hand to answer the question.

Interview Questions

• how would you deal with an irate customer?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

Apply online and get a call from a recruiter. they go over the job with you and ask a few basic interview questions, then if they select you, you get a call for an interview. after the interview, a few days later or a week later the recruiter contacts you with job offer.

Collector III Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

Phone interview she told me I would hear back within 2 weeks as soon as the phone interview wass over I heard back in about an hour to schedule a in person interview

Interview Questions

• Is there anything you would want the management team to know about you?   Answer Question

Security Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

Heard about the position through a referral. Applied online during a one day window that they application was open. Received an email about three or four weeks later with notice application had been reviewed.

Bank Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pico, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Pico, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

Applied online, within two days I was approved for a screening. A week later I was scheduled for a group interview which went very well. Five business days went by and I received a call for a one-on-one interview.

Interview Questions

• Past experiences: Recall a time you had an objective to take care but something else came up but your job was accomplished   Answer Question

Administrative Interview

Interview

filled out application and talked with an agent right away and was hired within 2 weeks looking forward to working at the facility well mannered and pleasant interviewee money handleing questions and background checks

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wells Fargo in August 2017.

Interview

Applied online. First round 30 minute phone interview with an analyst and MD. There would be another phone round, then a super day. They mostly asked behavioral questions, with about two or three technical questions.

Interview Questions

• You're given 3 options:
      A. Double your money every two years
      B. Triple your money every three years
      C. Quadruple your money every four years
      Which would you pick?   1 Answer
    • Behavioral questions. Walk through resume. What are your interests? What markets do you like best? How would you invest $10 million dollars?   Answer Question