Wells Fargo Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 23, 2017
5,270 Interview Reviews

2.8

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

So you apply to all the job postings that you want online wellsfargo.com/careers. You have to make an account and apply for each job post individually. Then you get an email to do a screening. It's a bunch of random aptitude questions. Then you'll get a choice as to when you would like to attend a group interview. This is for your entire metropolitan area. You interview with a recruiting officer. The group interview is about 2 hours long. You have to apply for all the job postings you want online again. Then you'll get an email telling you you can come for another interview-it is either one on one or another group interview. Or you'll get one saying they chose to go a different direction. If you get the former you'll go to a group interview-at least in my case- with a hiring panel. It has the district manager, and the managers at all the stores that have openings in the area. They'll ask you questions. Then at that point they write what they like about you and send it to recruitment who then makes the final decisions. Then the recruiting officer will either call you or email you telling you if you got the job. But careful, then you have to do an online application, set up a date for a fingerprint analysis, then the background check officialpy starts which could take a while. The. After that clears it's another week or two until you go into 2 weeks of mandatory 8-5 training. All in all the hiring process is about 6-8 weeks. It's long for an entry level job.

Tips- you don't have to be the first one to answer all of the questions but try to be the third or forth, because sometimes they'll skip to the next question for the sake of time
    Smile: look the interviewer straight in the eye and smile and make eye contact even when they're talking to the whole group.
    Dress: Dress better then you think you should. Wear a suit. For girls a blazer and work pants is perfect. They should be wrinkle free and ironed. Stick with neutral colors and minimal makeup. Girls don't ever wear bold lipstick to an interview it's just not appropriate. And no chipped nail polish. Guys- if you wear a suit don't wear a black tie- it's only appropriate for funerals and weddings. Make sure your socks don't show and your tie should match your shirt.
    Sales- what they're looking for the most is cash experience and sales experience. And people who can learn quickly and easily. Extra friendly is the key word here. They also have customer satisfaction surveys so if you're not great with customers it might not be the right fit.

Interview Questions

• Whats a time you've overcome an obstacle? what did you learn?   9 Answers
    • Whens a time you've dealt with a difficult customer? How did you retain them?   5 Answers
    • Name a professional achievement. What did you learn about yourself?   7 Answers
    • We find coachability very important. Whens a time you'd say you learned a task quickly and effectively   2 Answers
    • Tell us about a personal sales goal. MOST IMPORTANT   2 Answers

Negotiation

Sometimes with tellers you'll have to mark both part time and full time because they have more part time positions available- but it could lead to full time. Just be prepared that it could be part time they're offering you. I got
    A part time of 24 hours a week.

WIMProgram Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

I received an email from the head recruiter asking me to answer a few questions about why I was interested in Wells Fargo and to go through a list of job postings and rank my top three choices. About a week later, I received emails from different managers who were looking to schedule interviews with me. These interviews were primarily behavioral, and varied from business group to business group. I was extended an offer a week after these interviews.

Bank Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

They took about two weeks to get back to me. I did a phone screen and face to face interview. They want you to be very detailed with your answers.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you faced a difficult customer. how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Finance Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

I had 2 interviews; one was an hour long, second was a lot quicker. Asked a lot of difficult situational and technical questions. I was offered a position and accepted.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you delegated a project effectively   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

All interviews with Wells Fargo are behavioral based questions using the STAR format. They also described the position and gave me the chance to ask questions. Very standard interview and not overly formal.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when things didn't go as planned and how you adjusted in order to meet your goal.   Answer Question

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

Applied online, a recruiter reached out and interviewed me. Sent me to two different locations to interview once i was recommended for hire by a manager a high level manager reached out and conducted a phone interview and then the recruiter reached out again with an offer.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

Contacted through a recruiter, who I met with for an initial interview. Then a few weeks later met with Wells Fargo and was given an answer immediately. Very easy process for me.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about an time when you had to make a snap decision.   Answer Question

Bank Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

They have you apply online. Will send you and email for a phone interview. The phone interview is just them screening and making sure that you are qualified for the job. The branch then called and had me schedule and in person interview.

Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Raleigh, NC).

Interview

It was brief. The managers seemed to already know if they were going to take a chance on you based on your resume. The interview was a matter of formality and them getting a feel of your personality to see if was a fit for the company.

Interview Questions

• They used the SWAT interview technique.   1 Answer

Lead Teller Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

Simple, first phone interview then if you pass you move on to interview with SM's. Don't jump to the answer relax really pay attention and then answer. They love the answers to be in 3 format story form. What happened , how did you handle it and what was the outcome

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had a irate customer?   1 Answer