Wells Fargo Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 22, 2017
5,042 Interview Reviews

2.8

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

So you apply to all the job postings that you want online wellsfargo.com/careers. You have to make an account and apply for each job post individually. Then you get an email to do a screening. It's a bunch of random aptitude questions. Then you'll get a choice as to when you would like to attend a group interview. This is for your entire metropolitan area. You interview with a recruiting officer. The group interview is about 2 hours long. You have to apply for all the job postings you want online again. Then you'll get an email telling you you can come for another interview-it is either one on one or another group interview. Or you'll get one saying they chose to go a different direction. If you get the former you'll go to a group interview-at least in my case- with a hiring panel. It has the district manager, and the managers at all the stores that have openings in the area. They'll ask you questions. Then at that point they write what they like about you and send it to recruitment who then makes the final decisions. Then the recruiting officer will either call you or email you telling you if you got the job. But careful, then you have to do an online application, set up a date for a fingerprint analysis, then the background check officialpy starts which could take a while. The. After that clears it's another week or two until you go into 2 weeks of mandatory 8-5 training. All in all the hiring process is about 6-8 weeks. It's long for an entry level job.

Tips- you don't have to be the first one to answer all of the questions but try to be the third or forth, because sometimes they'll skip to the next question for the sake of time
    Smile: look the interviewer straight in the eye and smile and make eye contact even when they're talking to the whole group.
    Dress: Dress better then you think you should. Wear a suit. For girls a blazer and work pants is perfect. They should be wrinkle free and ironed. Stick with neutral colors and minimal makeup. Girls don't ever wear bold lipstick to an interview it's just not appropriate. And no chipped nail polish. Guys- if you wear a suit don't wear a black tie- it's only appropriate for funerals and weddings. Make sure your socks don't show and your tie should match your shirt.
    Sales- what they're looking for the most is cash experience and sales experience. And people who can learn quickly and easily. Extra friendly is the key word here. They also have customer satisfaction surveys so if you're not great with customers it might not be the right fit.

Interview Questions

• Whats a time you've overcome an obstacle? what did you learn?   9 Answers
    • Whens a time you've dealt with a difficult customer? How did you retain them?   5 Answers
    • Name a professional achievement. What did you learn about yourself?   7 Answers
    • We find coachability very important. Whens a time you'd say you learned a task quickly and effectively   2 Answers
    • Tell us about a personal sales goal. MOST IMPORTANT   2 Answers

Negotiation

Sometimes with tellers you'll have to mark both part time and full time because they have more part time positions available- but it could lead to full time. Just be prepared that it could be part time they're offering you. I got
    A part time of 24 hours a week.

AC Interview

Interview

They submitted me to a stats test, coding test in sas and sql as well as standard interviewing questions regarding behavior in past situations. Interview was fairly standard procedure for most companies

Analyst Interview

Interview

First, i got a call to set up a phone interview. Phone interview lasted about 30 mins and then i was invited to an interview with 4 managers. 2 managers interviewed at a time for an hr each.

Executive Reslution Specialist Interview

Interview

3 interviews, same typical interview questions in all 3 interviews, once decision was made they do respond quickly with an offer, hiring process was a little dis-organized as certain documents had to be filled out multiple times

Resolution Specialist Interview

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

Applied online and it took approximately a month before I received an email for a phone interview. Phone interview was more like a screen just to make sure you're competent, I was notified that I would receive an email invitation to their interview blitz event to interview one on one with a manager. A week later interviewed with a manager who asked situational and behavioral questions. I was informed from an internal source there was only going to be one interview because the number of spots needed to be filled but typically there is a second interview which is a panel. A week later I received a call that I was offered the position and what the next steps were.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a specific time you had to adapt to change and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time where you had to solve a problem?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you used work relationships you developed to accomplish a task?   Answer Question

Collector III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Raleigh, NC) in March 2017.

Interview

The hiring process was a great experience! I had a recruiter reach out to me about the position via LinkedIn. I then applied online for the position and got an email for a phone interview with a recruiter. The phone interview lasted 30 mins. As soon as my phone interview was over I got an invite for a panel interview. The panel interview was held at a hotel and you had to be invited to interview and register for a specific time. When you arrived you checked in with the front desk and then you met one on one with an interviewer. He was very friendly and professional and it was not awkward at all. He asked me about five or six questions. They were STAR format situation questions. After that I met with a second person to interview me. Star format as well. Be sure to be very detailed. I believe they score you on your answers. I only interviewed with two people.

They said we would know if we were offered the position if they called. If they emailed you then you were not offered the position.

In my case my phone number on my profile was wrong so they had to email me. It was a secure email. They offered me the position 3 business days after my email.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to handle a difficult customer   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to analyze data and what did you do with the information you analyzed   Answer Question
    • Tell me how you negotiate with customers   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time you were proud of the way you helped a customer   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. The pay was was very generous.

Bank Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

Phone interview

Interview Questions

• Can you describe me a conflict situation with a co-worker ? How you handle it?   Answer Question

Collector III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Raleigh, NC) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online via wells fargo site 2/17/2017 received a call from a recruiter 2/21/2017 setting up a phone interview for 3pm est time she asked "name a time" questions the phone interview lasted around 20 mins at the end of the call she invited me to a panel interview for the position I accepted and she send me a email for me to register my interview time I chose 3/2/2017 to complete my panel interview which I was really nervouse about but I checked in when I arrived then they paired me with one other person who asked me 6 question whic were similar to the phone interview questions but basically they wanted you to apply your current job to the postion that you were interviewing for I then was asked to sit out front and wait to speak with a manager which she asked me 3 more questions and let me know to expect a call with in 7 days which i received a call from another recruiter on 3/7/2017 offering me the position which I accepted the offer

Interview Questions

• why do you wanna work for the company   Answer Question
    • name a time you had to handle a difficult customer and what was the outcome   Answer Question
    • how does your job history apply to the position your currently applying for   Answer Question

Phone Banker Interview

Interview

Phone interview first, then call back for a face to face group and individual interviews, if hired a background check is done. Once background check is completed six week training is scheduled if hired.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you dealt with a difficult customer and how you handled it   Answer Question

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

I was a little bit surprised when I received an email for a job interview several months after applying. I received a 'secure' e-mail that I had to open in order to view, but had no idea what it contained since the subject line didn't explain anything. I sent an e-mail to the contact they provided and was told to open the message to see information about a job interview. I tried to open the file, but I didn't have authorization. Long story short, I ended up having to continue contacting the source to set up an interview. During the interview, I was questioned by two members of the team. One spoke very softly and was constantly coughing into the microphone. They asked me several questions about my personality and then some technical questions which were unexpectedly topical for an introductory interview. I had the impression the interviewers had stock questions rather than specially tailored questions for the applicants' backgrounds. I had to keep reminding them that the questions they asked were not related to my area of study, but they would continue to ask questions of the same nature.

Interview Questions

• Asked me questions about specific theorems related to brownian motion.   1 Answer