Wells Fargo Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 23, 2017
4,991 Interview Reviews

2.8

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

So you apply to all the job postings that you want online wellsfargo.com/careers. You have to make an account and apply for each job post individually. Then you get an email to do a screening. It's a bunch of random aptitude questions. Then you'll get a choice as to when you would like to attend a group interview. This is for your entire metropolitan area. You interview with a recruiting officer. The group interview is about 2 hours long. You have to apply for all the job postings you want online again. Then you'll get an email telling you you can come for another interview-it is either one on one or another group interview. Or you'll get one saying they chose to go a different direction. If you get the former you'll go to a group interview-at least in my case- with a hiring panel. It has the district manager, and the managers at all the stores that have openings in the area. They'll ask you questions. Then at that point they write what they like about you and send it to recruitment who then makes the final decisions. Then the recruiting officer will either call you or email you telling you if you got the job. But careful, then you have to do an online application, set up a date for a fingerprint analysis, then the background check officialpy starts which could take a while. The. After that clears it's another week or two until you go into 2 weeks of mandatory 8-5 training. All in all the hiring process is about 6-8 weeks. It's long for an entry level job.

Tips- you don't have to be the first one to answer all of the questions but try to be the third or forth, because sometimes they'll skip to the next question for the sake of time
    Smile: look the interviewer straight in the eye and smile and make eye contact even when they're talking to the whole group.
    Dress: Dress better then you think you should. Wear a suit. For girls a blazer and work pants is perfect. They should be wrinkle free and ironed. Stick with neutral colors and minimal makeup. Girls don't ever wear bold lipstick to an interview it's just not appropriate. And no chipped nail polish. Guys- if you wear a suit don't wear a black tie- it's only appropriate for funerals and weddings. Make sure your socks don't show and your tie should match your shirt.
    Sales- what they're looking for the most is cash experience and sales experience. And people who can learn quickly and easily. Extra friendly is the key word here. They also have customer satisfaction surveys so if you're not great with customers it might not be the right fit.

Interview Questions

• Whats a time you've overcome an obstacle? what did you learn?   9 Answers
    • Whens a time you've dealt with a difficult customer? How did you retain them?   5 Answers
    • Name a professional achievement. What did you learn about yourself?   7 Answers
    • We find coachability very important. Whens a time you'd say you learned a task quickly and effectively   2 Answers
    • Tell us about a personal sales goal. MOST IMPORTANT   2 Answers

Negotiation

Sometimes with tellers you'll have to mark both part time and full time because they have more part time positions available- but it could lead to full time. Just be prepared that it could be part time they're offering you. I got
    A part time of 24 hours a week.

Personal Banker I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Panel interview set of select questions... Must be able to sell anything and everything... Sell yourself and add customer service to it. Answers don't need to be bank related can be about school or volunteer work

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little about yourself   Answer Question
    • It's now the middle of the month and you have not reached your sales quota you're well behind goal what would you do   Answer Question

Phone Banker Interview

Interview

Phone interview first, then call back for a face to face group and individual interviews, if hired a background check is done. Once background check is completed six week training is scheduled if hired.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you dealt with a difficult customer and how you handled it   Answer Question

Strategic Planning Manager II Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

WF is pretty predictable. First, they use a recruiter to screen out candidates so only the best are presented. Made it through that step pretty easy, but it was clear the recruiter didn't have a lot of details about the position. The next set of interviews were with the hiring manager and two other managers. These were in person so that was really good. I was warned that WF uses behavioral interview questions and to be prepared with good examples. One of my friends that works at WF told me a couple things that made this stage of the interview process easier. First she said, listen to each question and determine what behavior they are looking for. Like attention to detail, integrity, teamwork, problem solving, building collaborative teams, developing strategy, etc. Based on your response, WF then scores your answer on a 5 point scale. My friend said they also don't check out your examples and that everyone embellishes their examples and she said to get past this stage of the interview, to make sure my examples specifically illustrate the behavior. I must have done a good job because the hiring manager was very impressed and said they would definitely offer me a job.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you researched an organization or industry and then applied your learnings to a strategic initiative;
      Tell me about a conflict you resolved that required buy in from senior management
      Describe a time when you had to rely on someone else in your network to complete your work
      What interests you in this job?
      Answer Question

I asked the hiring manager for references on him as a leader. He declined to provide any and I researched people that knew him, and the reviews where pretty bad. Would highly recommend anyone ask for references before accepting a job at WF given some of the scandals.

Lead Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

They use the STAR format. For those that are not familiar with this process they ask a question and you have to answer using the format as follows: what the Situation or Task, the Action you chose to solve the problem and what the Resolution was. It's fairly simple and I feel that most people speak like this without thinking of the STAR format.

Interview Questions

• Q: Describe a time when you had to resolve a difficult situation?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Call Center Interview

Anonymous Employee in Billings, MT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Billings, MT).

Interview

I took a test online and was then called in for an interview. The interview was professional but friendly and informal. The woman interviewing me asked me the typical questions. I prepared by studying the company's motto and values along with customer service techniques. She was looking for someone who would be able to handle quick and sometimes high stress calls from bankers and someone who would fit in well with a team. I was called a couple days after and officially offered the job.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation where a customer was very irate with you?   Answer Question

Mortgage Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

Normal review. Nothing crazy. Great interaction. Did really well. No crazy questions at all. All sales, customer service related. No roll playing situations. I was already licensed fso I did not have to do anything other than a background check.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you went out of your way for a client.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Didn't need to negotiate.

Programmer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

Interview questions were easy, asked data structure questions, Sql questions and some behavioral questions. It was overall good experience.

Interview Questions

• Why can there be only one clustered index in the table ?   2 Answers

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

First interview was a group interview. The following day i received a call offering a second interview with manager. Manager interview took about 15 minutes. I was offered to attend the next training which was 2 weeks from the manager's interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to do something to resolve an issue? What did you do to rectify the situation?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (San Francisco, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

The day started with a one-hour writing exam that was a case study. And then a rotation of four interviews either one on one or panel type. The questions were mostly behavior based with some technical (accounting) questions. The questions are a regurgitation of what is already posted on this site. Really go over the basics of accounting.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when your deadline was significantly moved up.   Answer Question
    • If accounts receivable goes up how does this affect cash flow?   Answer Question