Verizon Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 25, 2017
1,405 Interview Reviews

2.8

Information Technology Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon.

Interview

1st round was a video interview, 6 questions in 45 minutes - personality based questions,re-recording allowed.Then two days later I got a 5 minute phone call for screening, declined by email after that.

Interview Questions

• Why Verizon, explain a scenario where you had to work in a team   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon (Alpharetta, GA).

Interview

The initial interview process was mostly based on a set of questions that ask one to tell about how he or she solved issues when faced with technical and people challenges.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to...? How did you address the situation, and what was the outcome?   1 Answer

Information Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

After the Online Application, after 2 days received an email for Video Interview. The video interview is 5 behavioral questions. You have to record the video answers and submit. Following this it is HR phone call then technical call and the last round is onsite face to face, which covers HR but also technical.

Interview Questions

• Basically it has behavioural questions in the video interview, like why you want to work with us, what are your goals etc.   Answer Question

FLDP Interview

Anonymous Employee in Basking Ridge, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Verizon (Basking Ridge, NJ) in February 2017.

Interview

I gave a Verizon employee my resume at a career fair. A week later I was contacted by Verizons' outsourced headhunter who then scheduled a phone interview with me. The interview only took about 15 minutes and was pretty basic. A couple days later I received an email from Verizon saying that I was invited to Basking Ridge, NJ for another interview. We will see how this goes.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none

Customer Support Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Garden City, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon (Garden City, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

I submitted for the job online then I received a email to take the assessment test which I passed there were four total test which I all passed. Then the recruiter called me and asked many questions she then said can you gone onsite to have a 1.1 interview the next which I did. I arrived onsite a hour early and waited in the lobby with no chairs and the security guard didn't even call the person I was supposed to meet so I asked him a few times how will he know I am here he just said he will be here. So the interviewer came and took me to a conference room and then his manager came in also they were very nice and polite. They started with a scenario and role play then technical questions and why and will questions. I blew them away with the knowledge I have as I have been in the customer service industry for 35 years and I am 56 years old. So being that I figured Verizon follows all guide lines regarding discrimination as on the wall in the lobby they say they don't age discriminate BS they do as I received a email two days later saying the job was filled. Ok I asked why is the job still online in many locations including there website so I know there full of poooo the reason I did not get the job is because of my age period. I will further investigate this as discrimination.

Customer Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Verizon (Atlanta, GA) in February 2017.

Interview

Interview process was pretty quick, which was nice. Want to say 3 weeks total and could have been quicker if I scheduled interviews sooner. I applied online and was sent an assessment to complete. It's pretty easy and just assesses your ability to multi-task, type, and behavior in the type of software they utilize.

Within a few days I was contacted for a phone interview. There interview process is very structured. You can choose from available time slots. They email you a very useful information sheet that goes over company values, specific information about the role, and salary and schedule info. They also link some videos for you to watch about the role and company. It was pretty scripted as they are pretty much typing everything you say, but the woman I interviewed with was nice and we had some decent conversation which is always a plus. It lasted about an hour. She let me know on phone that I would have a face to face interview and gave me tips on how to prepare.

Within a week after the phone screen I had my face to face. Surprisingly it was only with a single recruiter and not with an actual call center supervisor which I found to be very odd. She asked the same questions that they asked in the phone screen. It felt very rigid and structured. Basically sat me in this small room- think a doctors office and the chair you can sit in instead of hopping up on the table. She sat across from me on the computer and asked scripted questions and she recorded responses word for word it seemed like. It felt more like giving a statement to an investigator or like I mentioned earlier, talking to a doctor about my symptoms vs an actual interview. Did not seem quite natural. I understand this makes it efficient for them and probably helps candidates not get lost in the shuffle as well, but the typing and lack of eye contact is weird. But the interview went through my resume and had a behavioral question or two and some role play. The role play can seem odd, but the key is to ask questions to assess the customers need. The interview was somehow shorter than my phone interview, which I took as a bad sign. And sure enough the next day was presented with a denial email. I was surprised given my qualifications and how well I usually interview, but I am pleased with how quick the process was overall and with the structure.

Field Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Verizon (Pittsburgh, PA) in February 2017.

Interview

They have a great veteran pre-screen interview. They helped me better articulate my answers. They helped me with different techniques to explain my experience. They also offered interview prep if they decide to continue with me.

IT Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon.

Interview

I submitted my application online. A few weeks later, I had a phone interview which consisted on mainly behavior questions. Afterwards, I was invited to Ashburn, VA for a super day where I was interviewed by 3 different people.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Verizon (Rochester, NY).

Interview

The interview for me was in 4 parts first a phone interview then a test on a computer then another phone interview and a face to face interview. Everyone was very friendly easy to talk to. The test was basically on commen scense and how well you can comprehend things listening skills and typing skills

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rolling Meadows, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Verizon (Rolling Meadows, IL).

Interview

Standard 2 part interview, applied online, couple days later got an from a email from recruiter to set up a call interview also had to read the Verizon credo before the phone call some questions are basic around that most how you feel about it and what stood out the most. First interview was the phone with the recruiter basically going over my background and mostly "what would you do" type questions, role playing so practice! Couple days later got a call from the same recruiter to process to the next level for a face to face, now here's where it went south, my interview was days before thanksgiving and that's not an excuse but the person who was suppose to interview me didn't show with no type of reason and nobody could get a hold of the person IN the building, so the fact that your own co workers can't find you is a HUGE red flag. So I wasted about 40 mins waiting until they told me to come back and they were gonna contact me to reschedule, ok fine that's fair.. not really. Maybe 4 days later I came back to the office mind you they could only squeeze me in as a 5p interview, btw the latest interview time I've ever heard of but whatever so got over the interview with they companies IT manager he told me would take about 1-2 weeks mostly 1 week to hear back, now this training class was scheduled DEC 13 I did not hear back from anyone until Jan. 2017 like really? After all my follow up calls to the recruiter and follow up emails I did NOT get one single response if I was hired or not like cmon at least communicate isn't that was this company is based on?? Ridiculous! That was another RED FLAG! So I just assume they went with another candidate it's fine but if you're trying to contact me to interview again just to make your quota on hires like no! don't waste my time again. Only reason I knew I didn't get the position was I firmly asked the new recruiter to check my records on my last interview and she said it showed I didn't get picked, so why is it so hard to tell me that a 2 months ago? But anyways be careful with who you get as recruiter you might just not hear back and waste time interviewing.