Verizon Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Verizon Interview Questions

Updated Aug 18, 2017
1,515 Interview Reviews

2.8

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Verizon.

Interview

it was a phone interview of technical questions. they have a set of pre defined questions. very lengthy but easy, basic stuffs for networking . some of the questions you get to be asked so often, so i was comfortable of getting the job. and to add, the interviewer was very understanding because since it was a phone interview, some noisy background was heard over the phone.

Retail Sales Representative Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Verizon.

Interview

I had a positive experience interviewing for Verizon. This was only my third time going through an interview process and so I was very nervous. My phone interview went really well. It lasted about an hour and she had asked me questions to get a better idea of my personality/working background. At one point they do ask you to show them how you might sell a product. If you have a background in sales then you will do fine. If they have any pointers then they will offer them. That is free useful information that one could apply later! I was most pleased with my in person interview. Arriving early allowed me to interact with employees and observe how they interacted with customers. I interviewed with 2 managers and they couldn’t have been nicer. Being nice and professional really allowed me to put my nerves aside and perform my best. They asked a few star questions and asked about the experience on my resume. They really dived in and took the time to get to know my past experience in detail. They also answered all of my questions and gave me some information about their experience working for the company. Actually, one manager reminded me of my friend in appearance and facial expressions. I had imagined him being around my age but he had stated that he has been working for Verizon for over 15 years! By the end I was left feeling enthusiastic. I am currently waiting for them to make a final decision.

Interview Questions

• What kind of apps do you use on your phone?   Answer Question
    • Describe an instance when you had gone above and beyond for a customer   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon.

Interview

The interview process was two part: one phone interview and one in person interview. The interview process was easy. The interview process via phone lasted close to 30 minutes. The in person interview was fairly easy.

Interview Questions

• Tell me of a time where you went above the call of duty for a customer? How would you handle a difficult customer? The questions were easy; but you must elaborate in regards to your answers.   Answer Question

CSSR Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon (Newark, NJ).

Interview

1. Take a 3-4 hour test
    2. Study job information and perform mock test calls, emails, and chatroom cases
    3. Board room style interviews with the location you will be hired for

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an irate customer?   1 Answer

Solutions Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon (Phoenix, AZ) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied online. After the application I received an email to take an online an assessment. The next day I was emailed by a recruiter to schedule a phone interview.

During the phone interview I was given more information on the position and given an opportunity to ask any questions I had. I was then asked basic interview questions "Why do you want to work for Verizon?" etc. The interview concluded and 2 days later I got a call to interview at one of the stores.

The interview was with 2 general managers. They had me start off by going over my work history. After that they asked situational/behavioral questions. We then wrapped up the interview with a sales role play where I was asked to sale a wireless charger. Overall it was a good experience and everyone I interviewed with was very friendly. I am waiting to hear back.

Solutions Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon (Miami, FL) in July 2017.

Interview

they send you and email to schedule a Phone Interview. The email has the description of the job including benefits after you get hire and a product of the month so you can sale it to them

Fios Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon (Richmond, VA) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied online and then received a "screening call" from HR. I then had a scheduled phone interview with two local managers. The very first thing they said was that they didn't have my resume. It wasn't sent to them by HR? I was asked to describe my background and experience. I have nearly 15 years experience as a tech so I thought this would somewhat carry me through the interview. I was wrong. The entire interview isn't based on anything you've done other than situational past experiences or a "what if" scenarios. Truly disappointed. I prepared days in advance and had actual past situations to pull from but apparently it wasn't enough. Normally I don't leave feedback from an interview but honestly I've never been in such an impersonal "test" in my life. This didn't feel like an interview. It felt more like a sycho analysis test. This went way beyond the "describe a time"..... type of question. I'm completely dumfounded how 15 years of direct experience isn't as important as direct experience. So one of the questions was this : You're a technician, how do you manage your free time during the day"? What? Manage my free time during the day? This was the most bizarre and disappointing interview Ive ever had. But again how do local managers who are the decision makers not even have my resume in hand? Good luck trying to prepare with real experiences. I was asked about what training or certifications I have. I listed all 15 or so, and the manager with 3 years of experience said hmmmm, as if I was lying. I don't think this was a Verizon interview, I think it was a horrible so called local manager interview, who at the least needs to brush up on people skills.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Verizon? What do you do to manage your free time during the day? You're a tech at a house and the customer is throwing things at you in anger, what do you do? Wtf? You're a technician and you don't like your boss, what do you do to talk to him?   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Valley City, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon (West Valley City, UT) in July 2017.

Interview

I met with someone at the corporate office in Utah. He was really nice and the interview took probably 45 minutes. He asked standard questions and we did a customer service role play. Then I was lucky enough to find out I would be sent on to the second interview right then and there.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon (Kansas City, MO) in July 2017.

Interview

Phone interview, store manager interview. Said They would call whether I got the job or not. I followed up with no call back a couple times. Never got a call back.

Fios Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in South Plainfield, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon (South Plainfield, NJ) in July 2017.

Interview

Easy. 2 hiring managers sat me in a room and just asked about my experiences . Company is looking for customer satisfaction . Displaying your knowledge and willingness to commit to a great customer experience will most likely get you through

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult . Especially if you are coming from the same field . Sorry im not much help because i did the same for another company so its just second nature to me   Answer Question