Lead software engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Lead software engineer Interview Questions

lead software engineer interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Coding test: 1. Given a string, find out if there's repeat characters in it. 2. SQL. Given a Customer table and a Payment table (with Customer ID as primary and foreign key), write a query to output a list of customers who have not paid their bills in the last 3 months.

17 Answers

Did well on the first Java coding test. Solution using Hashset. Not so well on the SQL query. Able to give a query, but a few errors in it I am sure. Also there was a second questions regarding the SQL query, which we didn't have time to get to. So that was another bad thing. I am pretty sure I did not pass. But good learning experience.

import java.io.*; public class CountChar { public static void main(String[] args) throws IOException { String ch; BufferedReader br=new BufferedReader(new InputStreamReader(System.in)); System.out.print("Enter the Statement:"); ch=br.readLine(); int count=0,len=0; do { try { char name[]=ch.toCharArray(); len=name.length; count=0; for(int j=0;j=65&&name[0]=97&&name[0]<=123))) count++; } if(count!=0) System.out.println(name[0]+" "+count+" Times"); ch=ch.replace(""+name[0],""); } catch(Exception ex){} } while(len!=1); } }

package epam; import java.util.ArrayList; import java.util.Arrays; import java.util.Scanner; public class RepeatedCharactersInString { public static void main(String[] args) { ArrayList arrli = new ArrayList(); Scanner sc = new Scanner(System.in); String s = sc.next(); String s1=""; for (int i = 0; i < s.length(); i++) { arrli.add(s.charAt(i)); } for (int i = 0; i < arrli.size(); i++) { for (int j = i + 1; j < arrli.size(); j++) { if (arrli.get(i) == arrli.get(j)) { arrli.remove(j); j--; } } } for (int i = 0; i < arrli.size(); i++) { // System.out.println(arrli.get(i)); s1=s1+arrli.get(i); } System.out.println(s1); sc.close(); } }

One or more comments have been removed.
Please see our Community Guidelines or Terms of Service for more information.

2. Swap the two values (int A=5 and int B=3), w/o using a 3rd attribute(so you cant use the 3rd attribute to store the value as a temporary storage).

3 Answers

So how do you implement workflow?

3 Answers

Given a paragraph of English words, write a function returning the least used word in the paragraph.

2 Answers

"Do you have any Anxiety disorders or other Mental Health issues?"

2 Answers

He told me that he completely understands that not everyone knows everything, and that many people don't have all of the experience or skills needed for a specific job. Then he asked me "what would you do if you needed to know something in order to complete you job that you didn't already know?"

2 Answers

Did you work on any caching technologies

2 Answers

Tell me about Java 8 features. After I mentioned in lambda expressions etc, he asked me, what is new with interfaces in Java-8.

3 Answers

One or more comments have been removed.
Please see our Community Guidelines or Terms of Service for more information.

Ask to describe how to write a lighting equation in a vertex shader. It had been a while since I had done graphics programming.

1 Answer

1) Given a point and an collection of arbitrary 2D points, find the point closest to the the given point. 2) Given a collection of arbitrary 2D points, find the point closest to the median.

110 of 513 Interview Questions