Engineering Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Engineering Manager Interview Questions

Engineering manager interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: Relevance Popular Date

A IQ question: I have 9 coins and 8 have the same weight and the last one is heavier. I also have a balance beam to weigh the coins with. I can only use the balance beam 2 times to find the heavier coin. How do you find the heavier coin?

4 Answers

Divide the coins into 3 piles of 3. Weigh the first 2 piles. If they balance then the heavier coin is in the 3rd pile otherwise its on the balance beam. Take the heavier pile and place 1 coin on each end of the beam. If they are equal then the heavier coin is the 3rd coin else it is on the beam.

OMG... It says the last coin was heavier! FIND THE LAST COIN...duh!

@ranee : The answer given is correct. If the heavier coin is in the 3rd pile , then take any two from them and weigh them . If they are equal , you can easily say the last coin is the heaviest , otherwise the heaviest coin is one of the two being weighed. If in the first go , you can get hold of the heavier pile , do the same procedure as above. You can easily find it by using the balance twice.

You have a program with something or component that fails 1 week before launch. What do you do?

5 Answers

You have no extra time and no extra resources but is asked by the CEO to add 20 extra features, what do you do?

3 Answers

How would you improve software design tools to make it easier for FPGA developers to realize their designs faster?

2 Answers

What can be improved in op amps to further increase their performance?

2 Answers

How do would you handle a totally demoralized team and bring them back?

3 Answers

Are you familiar with Tekno Telekom (propietary equipment)? I was not, but had enough background that Syniverse accepted my application.

1 Answer

Are you comfortable with this level of pay cut?

1 Answer

Would you be comfortable just being a programmer?

1 Answer

Engineering problems with different solutions.

110 of 682 Interview Questions