Engineering Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Engineering Manager Interview Questions

1,191

Engineering manager interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

You have a program with something or component that fails 1 week before launch. What do you do?

5 Answers

I said you look for other solutions, off the shelf parts. I "think" the answer was go ahead and launch and do a redesign after launch. Of course, if it fails how do you launch right?

You always have a have a back-up part ready, fully qualified and and waiting in the wings! There is no way to launch an iPhone 4 and sell millions of units on a tight schedule without a backup plan for every part.

I believe the point here is not saying that you should/have a back-up plan for this (you can mention that at first, but then assume that something went terribly wrong)... So in my case I would go through the how crucial is this program/component for the launch? can be fixed with an update? how much time/resources are needed to meet the deadline? what would be the impact of delaying the launch until the problem is solved? is it feasible? after the brainstorming and impact analysis you could take the decision of delaying, solve the problem or ship everything as-is and fix the problem afterwards. Once the problem is solved you should go through the situation again and understand what went wrong and prevent it from happening again.

Asked questions about injection molding part, any sensor technology used in previous job.

5 Answers

How is your family life and how old are you

4 Answers

A IQ question: I have 9 coins and 8 have the same weight and the last one is heavier. I also have a balance beam to weigh the coins with. I can only use the balance beam 2 times to find the heavier coin. How do you find the heavier coin?

4 Answers

You have no extra time and no extra resources but is asked by the CEO to add 20 extra features, what do you do?

3 Answers

Algorithms and data structure related questions. Pretty straightforward DFS, backtracking and Sets.

5 Answers

State your top 3 strengths and top 3 weaknesses, as fast as you can. Go!

3 Answers

How do you define success?

3 Answers

Fastest way to count number of bits in a 32-bit or 64-bit integer.

3 Answers

How do would you handle a totally demoralized team and bring them back?

110 of 1,191 Interview Questions