58% would recommend to a friend
(2592 total reviews)
68% approve of CEO
The latest conversations about Advertising
Got a burning question about Acosta? Just ask!
On Glassdoor, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Acosta employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "The benefits (for full timers) are good and the vacation/sick time accrual is better than I expected." (in 138 reviews)
- "The people are great and helpful" (in 125 reviews)
- "Flexible hours and willing to work around schedule if tasks aren't required to be done at specific time of day" (in 109 reviews)
- "Flexible schedule and very accommodating" (in 94 reviews)
- "Allows to have a flexible schedule." (in 80 reviews)
- "Low Pay...lots of driving > never get decent hours per week...still its an OK place to work." (in 229 reviews)
- "no raises and bonuses were a joke (less than 2% of yearly salary)." (in 123 reviews)
- "Not enough hours or enough for travel expenses and poor management" (in 95 reviews)
- "I received no training and was 'thrown' to my position from one day to the other." (in 69 reviews)
- "No pay raises and hard to move up in the company." (in 69 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Acosta and is not affected by filters.
Found 2,592 of over 3K reviews
Updated Dec 6, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- 4.0Oct 24, 2023Customer ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 10 yearsSalt Lake City, UT
Acosta has some good medical benefits and the amount of vacation you get/earn. There are a lot of avenues to further your job skills. Many positions are remote or hybrid. Acosta is a well known and established company in the CPG world.
Every position with Acosta is on the low side of every salary scale. Acosta has made some poor investment decisions. Acosta continues to purchase small companies even when finances are down and employees are not given raises. RARELY do you get a raise and it is NEVER cost of living.
- 3.0Nov 28, 2023Territory Sales ManagerCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearSan Francisco, CA
The company has a great amount of benefits.
The travel times to certain locations can be a little out the way. Also recommend to have a good mileage vehicle
- 2.0Oct 13, 2023MerchandiserCurrent Employee, more than 5 yearsDothan, AL
Ability to purchase health insurance at a decent discount. Also, the job security is great because basically no one is willing to work for such a low wage.
Always hiring incapable people. No opportunity for advancement. Ever changing company always losing benefits. Within last 12 months, lost full time status and vacation /personal time off even though our hours had not changed. The appearance that Acosta is in decline and may soon be absorbed by another merchandising company. The company is notorious for ambush style layoffs. Mandatory conference call where you’re told “If you are on this call, your employment will end on mm/dd/xxxx” and then hung up.
- 4.0Sep 7, 2023MerchandiserFormer Employee, less than 1 year
It’s either early morning or late at night, so your days are pretty open. 4 day work weeks are fantastic, and finishing early is fairly common. Depending on the store, you can wear earphones while you work too. Good coworkers make the job.
The company’s infrastructure is bad. Nobody knows what anybody is doing, so if you have any questions, you’re better off figuring it out yourself. Orientation/training isn’t clear and is zoomed through so you’re pretty much always in the dark, even about your own pay. There’s a million different softwares for that too, and none of them are what is call user friendly. My supervisor treated me like a child most of the time. (I’m 25)
- 1.0Nov 27, 2023Retail MerchandiserFormer Employee, less than 1 year
You could make your own schedule.
The mileage reimbursement is hideous. Drove 3000 miles per month and the reimbursement averaged 11 cents a mile. Ruined my car for a ridiculous reimbursement.
Acosta Reviews FAQs
Acosta has an overall rating of 3.3 out of 5, based on over 2,666 reviews left anonymously by employees. 58% of employees would recommend working at Acosta to a friend and 53% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 1% over the last 12 months.
58% of Acosta employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Acosta 3.7 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.2 for culture and values and 2.8 for career opportunities.