KnowBe4 Reviews | Glassdoor

4.7
KnowBe4 CEO Stu Sjouwerman
Stu Sjouwerman

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Stu is an absolutely amazing CEO and has so much wisdom and knowledge---NO DOOR POLICY" (in 11 reviews)

• "Free gym membership, yoga, cash bonuses, working with amazing people, free snacks, monthly catered lunches, beach parties, luaus, the list goes in" (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • "The company is technically a start up, so the health care benefits are not great and no there is no matching 401k, right now" (in 9 reviews)

• "I have no cons, all is well thus far" (in 16 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Great Company, Amazing Employees"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Clearwater, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Clearwater, FL

I have been working at KnowBe4 full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Extensive training
    Great work perks
    Fully paid medical insurance
    Amazing coworkers
    Great company goals
    Every morning at 9 am the entire company attends a meeting with the CEO, this gives a very personable feel to the company and keeps all employees informed and in the know.

Cons

Nothing that is serious enough to come to mind.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great training, the support you give the staff is so valuable.

Oct 24, 2018

Thanks! Appreciate the feedback. We feel that the 9am morning meeting is essential to keep everyone on the same page during this hypergrowth. Things change fast and this is a way to expand and stay... More

2. "Still great."

Current Employee - Enterprise Account Manager in Clearwater, FL
    Current Employee - Enterprise Account Manager in Clearwater, FL

I have been working at KnowBe4 full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great pay, lots of opportunities to move up. Almost all management come from promotions within. Benefits are great and improving.

Cons

Growth is slowing. Hiring is getting picky (as they should be). Low-performers that have been safe for some time, will be under increasing pressure to improve their performance or be replaced. Not sure this is a con, but some people won't be happy.

Advice to Management

Measure what matters, but focus on what matters too.

3. "Finally Enjoy Going To Work"

I have been working at KnowBe4 full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Where do I even begin? I finally enjoy waking up everyday and don’t moan about having to go to work. The culture is amazing. It’s an open environment with such transparency. Monthly bonuses, awesome company events, unlimited PTO, free snacks, and an environment that fosters career growth and development.

Cons

None. Absolutely none. If I had to complain about anything, I’d complain of a sore throat, because this place is so amazing I even want to go in when I don’t feel well.

Advice to Management

Keep moving upward!

Nov 14, 2018 – SVP of People Operations

YAY!!! We love to hear exactly these type of things. We of course also enjoy suggestions, as you know, so please feel free to let us know anything we can do to up it a notch!

4. "Super Much Fun!"

Current Employee - Order Processor in Clearwater, FL
    Current Employee - Order Processor in Clearwater, FL

I have been working at KnowBe4 full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This is my first week at KB4 and so far have been blown away by everyone's positivity and professionalism. I'm currently completing their newbie onboarding with Lyss (Alyssa Madden) who is amazing! She takes good care of us newbies, making sure to help with any questions, she makes sure we are comfortable and most importantly having fun while we're learning about the company and our new posts! It's such a well run company, I can't wait to continue my future with KB4.

Cons

I haven't found any yet.

Nov 14, 2018 – VP of Expansion

That's great to hear! What did you like best, the free Starbucks or lunch at Clear Sky?

5. "Initial Orientation & Integration"

Current Employee - Expansion Team Specialist in Clearwater, FL
    Current Employee - Expansion Team Specialist in Clearwater, FL

I have been working at KnowBe4 full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The first week at KnowBe4 was an atmosphere of positive excitement, fast paced energy, yet very professional. Lyss was an superb host and explained the culture and expectations of KnowBe4. She showed us how to navigate and find everything, as well as explained how to maximize our chances of being successful within the organization . Lyss made extreme efforts to ensure all questions were answered, in addition to making everyone feel at ease and welcome throughout the entire week. An outstanding environment different from any orientation to a new position I've ever experienced before in the workforce.

Cons

The only con I have is Orientation was only seven days. I really valued the steps taken by Lyss to make everyone feel like they were a part of the team from Day 1! Remarkable Job!!

Advice to Management

None at this time.

Nov 14, 2018 – VP of Expansion

Seems like you miss orientation so I will direct Lyss to find you and put you through it again ;-) #FreeCoffee

6. "Excited for work every day"

Current Employee - ELearning Integration Engineer in Clearwater, FL
    Current Employee - ELearning Integration Engineer in Clearwater, FL

I have been working at KnowBe4 full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Friendly coworkers -- EXTREMELY friendly
    - Autonomy with no micromanagement -- basically, you're treated like an adult
    - Amazing company benefits such as catered lunches at the end of every month
    - Very collaborative environment.

Because the company is in a state of hypergrowth that doesn't seem to be slowing, you are able to have a lot of visibility in the company, and you're actually making a difference if you do your job well. There is an amazing chance to grow with the company.

Cons

Personally, I have no cons. However, this is a fast-paced environment where the three golden rules include 1) do it right the first time and 2) do it fast. If you are not able to manage your own time wisely, probably not a good fit.

Advice to Management

Just keep doing what you do.

"Excited to Be Part of the KnowBe4 family"

I have been working at KnowBe4 full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

benefits, atmosphere, peers, employers...endless!! I'm sure I'm leaving out a few!

Cons

none I can think of honestly.

Advice to Management

By far one of the best work environments I've had the opportunity to be a part of. This is my first week and I already feel part of the team. The welcoming process is beyond generous including lunches, and coffee stops at Starbucks. One of the HR team members, Alyssa M. has been nothing but helpful and inviting, always answering our many questions and making sure our training process is running smoothly.
      Everyone that works here is always smiling and looking like they're having a great time. It's one of the reasons why I applied, I wanted to be part of something successful and look forward to work everyday. Extremely eager to grow with this incredible company!!

Nov 2, 2018 – SVP of People Operations

This is great to hear!! We are glad you are apart of our team!

8. "Love it so far!"

I have been working at KnowBe4 full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have only recently started at KnowBe4 ,but it has been an amazing experience. The onboarding experience by Lyss has been incredible. You can really tells she loves her job, and helping all the trainees feel at home, which is unheard of at most companies. She started us off with a scavenger hunt to get familiar with the site. I found this incredibly fun and helpful! (It always nice to know where the bathroom is your first day haha) On day 2 Lyss took us all to lunch and made sure everyone felt comfortable and answered any and all questions we had. She has also been an amazing resource to me whenever I needed the correct department to go to for an IT issue I had. She made us all feel like we were already part of the team, and actually told us all we were special and all were chosen because of what we each brought to the team! Lorna in training is also amazing!

Cons

none so far that I found

Advice to Management

Keep up the positive onboarding experience, I have never had one this amazing!
    Give Lyss a raise ;)

Nov 14, 2018 – VP of Expansion

We pride ourselves on giving new employees a great onboarding experience and want to make sure they get the training they need to succeed.

Let us know if there is anything we can do even better.

9. "Really amazing place"

Former Employee - Regional Sales Director in Clearwater, FL
    Former Employee - Regional Sales Director in Clearwater, FL

I worked at KnowBe4 full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Cash bonuses, knowing your ideas are being heard and appreciated, super fair, no negative Nancy's to worry about, they don't micro manage but also make sure you have everything you could possibly need to succeed.

Cons

As with any hyper growth company there are always growing pains, but the team they have running things from HR to the C Levels are quick to acknowledge speed bumps and address them head on to have them corrected.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you do, listening to employee's concerns and new ideas and you're going to be perfect! 👌

10. "Anonymous"

I have been working at KnowBe4 full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fantastic company with plenty of opportunities to grow! From career development training to company wide trainings you always feel like you are learning to set yourself up for success. Free snacks, coffee, yoga and other great benefits!

Cons

None worth mentioning really. This company is in hyper growth and they are constantly changing to best accommodate that while keep it a healthy working environment. Bumps in the road are to be expected but we bounce back fast!

Advice to Management

Keep fostering a training mentality! You'll never have more loyal and educated employees than the ones you invest in and teach yourself.

Oct 24, 2018 – VP of Expansion

Glad you like the ride, we are working on the suspension which should make it smoother!