KnowBe4 Reviews | Glassdoor

4.6
KnowBe4 CEO Stu Sjouwerman
Stu Sjouwerman

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Stu is an absolutely amazing CEO and has so much wisdom and knowledge---NO DOOR POLICY" (in 11 reviews)

• "Free gym membership, yoga, cash bonuses, working with amazing people, free snacks, monthly catered lunches, beach parties, luaus, the list goes in" (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • "The company is technically a start up, so the health care benefits are not great and no there is no matching 401k, right now" (in 9 reviews)

• "I have no cons, all is well thus far" (in 15 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Amazing Company- Love my job!"

Current Employee - Sales Engineer in Clearwater, FL
    Current Employee - Sales Engineer in Clearwater, FL

I have been working at KnowBe4 full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The short list: Good base pay, great team culture (encouraged by the phenomenal “one for all, all for one” bonus structure), a healthy and sane work environment, an awesome unlimited PTO policy, and an incredible CEO who deliberately demonstrates appreciation of his employees in many ways. Most importantly, this is a company that recruits talented professionals and provides tons of opportunity for further development. Most of the people seem perfectly suited for their positions, which is a stunning recruitment feat to consider. It is great being part of a company that is headed for off the charts success. I am looking forward to a long future here.

Cons

Not one thing. I have had enough work experience to know that no place is perfect, but KnowBe4 comes about as close as it gets.

Advice to Management

Please keep the good times going :)

2. "Internal IT"

Current Employee - Internal IT in Clearwater, FL
    Current Employee - Internal IT in Clearwater, FL

I have been working at KnowBe4 full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-diverse and fun company culture
    -monthly cash bonus
    -executives are approachable and speak to you as a person
    -free snacks/ coffee

Cons

I haven't found any, I freaking love this place!

3. "Amazing company"

I have been working at KnowBe4 full-time

Pros

Laid back environment. Fun team to work with.

Cons

Hours could be shorter. Even though they do have flex hours.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing.

"The writing is on the walls"

I have been working at KnowBe4 full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Company culture, advancement opportunities, 100% paid healthcare... wanna know more apply. I've worked for a lot of companies some good, some bad, but I've never worked for a company that constantly tries to do right by it's employees. It's refreshing to know when it's a "bad" day at the office it was still better than my best day at my previous workplace.

Cons

The fun side of the company seems to be slowly going away. Hopefully after the dust settles from all the new changes, we'll remember our roots.

Advice to Management

Don't be afraid to admit when you're wrong and listen to your employees, they might show you another way to solve the problem.

KnowBe4 Response

Jul 30, 2018 – CEO

Hi! This is Stu, the CEO of KnowBe4. Please let me know about the fun side you talked about. Hey. *I* want to work in a fun company !!! So let's make sure we keep it that way. :-)))

5. "Great Culture"

I have been working at KnowBe4 full-time

Pros

Great base pay, good culture, and a really good work environment.

Cons

I have no cons, i love this place.

6. "Best Company I've Ever Worked For"

I have been working at KnowBe4 full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

KnowBe4 is the best company I've ever worked for! They provide monthly bonuses to all employees, the CEO is the greatest and the PTO is unlimited. The atmosphere is one where everyone works really hard while being laid back at the same time. You can wear whatever you want to work, so it's nice being comfortable at work. I can see why this place is consistently ranked a top workplace in the area. I see myself working here for a long time. I came from another good company and was hesitant about leaving that job, but it was the best decision I've ever made!

Cons

I honestly can't think of any cons

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

7. "New Employee Interview Process"

Current Employee - Tech Support Coordinator in Clearwater, FL
    Current Employee - Tech Support Coordinator in Clearwater, FL

I have been working at KnowBe4 full-time

Pros

I recently interviewed an accepted a position with Knowbe4, and the experience thus far has been awesome. I would say the process as a whole took about five days or so. I was contacted by the recruiter who asked me a few questions over the phone to get a feel for my experience and to share a bit of information about the position I had applied for.
    The interview process was quick but efficient. Everyone I came in contact with was kind and made me feel welcome. You get the feeling right away that people are sincerely happy to be working at Knowbe4. I was also lucky enough to be welcomed to the company as the 500th employee, which was so much fun to celebrate with everyone on my first day.

Cons

I have no cons, all is well thus far.

Advice to Management

NA

8. "Great Team"

Former Employee - Tech Support Representative in Clearwater, FL
    Former Employee - Tech Support Representative in Clearwater, FL

I worked at KnowBe4 full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

My first day I was so surprised at all the smiling faces, and this held consistently until my last day. There is plenty of room for growth with wonderful people!

Cons

Sorry, can't think of a single con.

9. "Positive and Professional Interview Process"

Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in Clearwater, FL
    Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in Clearwater, FL

I have been working at KnowBe4 full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I just recently was hired at KnowBe4 and I had a very positive experience. Every person I've met with Human Resources has been helpful and incredibly pleasant. I've been very impressed with the efficiency of the hiring process and, so far, the training process. It's too early for me to confidently say how working here will be, but I do know a handful of people who truly enjoy it and have nothing but nice things to say. I also want to mention that I was interviewed in the morning and by the end of the day I was hired. When I say HR is efficient, I mean it!

Cons

I have nothing negative to say, yet.

By the way, I read past reviews about the disliking the hours of 9-6 (although that is not a negative for me because I *love* the hours); KnowBe4 has implemented flex hours between coming in at 7am to 9am now as long as your manager approves of them.

Advice to Management

Nothing yet, I've had a very positive experience thus far!!

"Open Door Policy"

Former Employee - Course Development in Clearwater, FL
    Former Employee - Course Development in Clearwater, FL

I worked at KnowBe4 full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Salary. Free food and bonuses. View.

Cons

My department had a downright disorganized, degrading, inconsiderate, nasty manager. She was still there when I left.

The open door policy certainly didn’t work the handful of times my associates and I went to HR. The CEO was aware of the situation and nothing was fixed. In fact, it got worse.

Successful company, but I highly recommend you proceed with caution. My experience was a great disappointment. My expectations were high.

Advice to Management

Why bother? You are going to have a defensive, know-it-all response either way.