NeoGenomics Reviews

Updated Feb 25, 2021

4.1
NeoGenomics Chairman of the Board of Directors and Chief Executive Officer Douglas M. VanOort
Douglas M. VanOort
Pros
  • "This company is growing by leaps and bounds(in 14 reviews)

• "What I appreciate most about Neo is that I feel my voice is heard(in 11 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Upper management can interfere with work(in 6 reviews)

• "Its good and bad but that just means the company is growing which is good(in 6 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year
      Featured Review

Wonderful Place to Work!

Nov 14, 2020 - Scientist
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great salary, great coworkers, excellent culture

Cons

Not much autonomy, difficult for upward mobility

2. 5.0

Great working environment

Feb 14, 2021 - Staff Accountant
      Business Outlook

Pros

Very friendly & respect your work

Cons

everything is good for me

Human Resources

Thank you for sharing your experience with us! Our successes come from our outstanding employees and their unique values they each bring to work every day. Because we embrace our differences, foster collaboration and inclusion, and place a high value on community and communication, together we achieve a world-class culture. Thank you for being one of those outstanding employees.

3. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

A great place to start working if you don't want to leave the medical area.

Feb 5, 2021 - Laboratory Assistant in Aliso Viejo, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

They have access to great benefits. Discounts and rewards programs help add some fun to work.

Cons

Nepotism is very evident and they don't even try to hide it. The drive was too far for me and some people don't know how to have fun. I can understand that it's not easy to find joy in a pathology laboratory, but we can't be grumpy all the time.

Talent Attraction Specialist

Thanks for taking the time to submit your thoughts on working at NeoGenomics. We're glad you've sensed our commitment to employees through our benefits, discounts, and programs that make the workday enjoyable. However, we are disappointed that your experiences aren't aligned with our goal of providing all our employees with a world-class culture. We hope our continuous support of employee resource groups, peer-to-peer recognition platforms, and various engagement & communication activities continue to grow a positive environment. Thanks again for your feedback.

4. 5.0

SWE

Jan 11, 2021 - Software Engineer in La Jolla, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

It's super fun and interesting

Cons

Gets kind of boring sometimes

Talent Attraction Specialist

Thank you for your feedback! We appreciate your 5-star rating and are glad to hear you find your job fun and interesting. To break up your workday, we recommend you work with your manager to introduce new tasks, attend one of our NeoCareers webinar sessions, and continue to provide your constructive feedback via our internal communication platforms and forums as your voice matters to us.

5. 2.0

Damaged culture

Feb 25, 2021 - Pathologist in Aliso Viejo, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Company dedicated to clients and patient care.

Cons

Very toxic environment for pathologists.

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Demonstrate you are invested in the company and they will take care of you.

Dec 15, 2020 - Accessioning Technician in Fort Myers, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good pay and amazing benefits for an entry-level position. Tons of room for growth.

Cons

Hours are all over the place. Not your regular M-F 9-5 job.

Talent Attraction Specialist

Thank you for your feedback! We are thrilled to hear that you would recommend Neo as an employer of choice and that our benefits offering is meeting and exceeding your needs. Because it is our mission to improve patient care, we hold ourselves accountable to getting critical results to patients as quickly as possible, which requires our labs to remain open 24/7/365, rather than typical office hours. Thank you for being an outstanding employee and allowing us to continue to work toward our mission!

7. 4.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great Company and Great Team Members

Feb 18, 2021 - Designer
      Business Outlook

Pros

NeoGenoimcs is a great company to work for. Lots of opportunities and variety of work to do. It's a fast paste environment and team members are super nice to work with.

Cons

Many departments needs better management and workflow.

Human Resources

Thank you for sharing your experience at Neo with us all! Neo strives to offer innovative and diverse learning and development opportunities that delivers on our commitment to employee progress, growth, and career advancement while allowing our employees to work toward our common purpose of saving lives to improve patient care.

8. 3.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Pros

Diversity. Job security. Management and HR opens for feedbacks (yes, only for some topics such as adding chairs and table to the break-room, but insurance coverage? regardless of numerous complaints, the company still tighten their bucket and choose to ignore it)

Cons

Insurance coverage is not comparable with most of other company. The copay are high. Heavy workload. Not a life balance job. HR promote lots of health and mental awareness programs but unfortunately majority of staff are too busy with overloaded of work and mandatory OT so they don’t have time to join the event, what a pity.

3 people found this review helpful

Human Resources

Thank you for your candid feedback. We are disappointed that your experiences aren't aligned with our goal of providing all our employees with a world-class culture. We encourage you to continue to provide your constructive feedback via our internal communication platforms and forums as your voice matters to us.

9. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great company to work for

Feb 7, 2021 - Lab Assistant II in Aliso Viejo, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great company to work for! Management is understanding and wants to help you grow and progress in the company.

Cons

For those who don’t have degrees or certain qualifications don’t move up in the company nearly as quickly and pay is not great for them either. Definitely recommend getting a degree and prerequisites for certain positions in order to make a much more decent and reasonable living.

Human Resources

Thank you for your honest feedback. We are pleased to hear from you that Neo managers are committed to helping our employees grow and progress. Additionally, NeoCareers is your personal resource for career planning and professional development. Our career programs and personal coaches will help you further development your career success. Whether you are pursuing a new internal position, a promotion or networking within the organization a NeoCareers coach is eager to help you achieve your professional goals.

10. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Good

Nov 22, 2020 - Logistic/Courior Executive in Fort Myers, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits, 401k, PTO, Health insurance, Employee-stock, Bonus, diversity. Growing company with opportunities to advance.

Cons

Hours can vary due to traffic or other problems that happen during the route.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 176 English Reviews