KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

The latest conversations about Healthcare

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Benefits are great.(in 31 reviews)
  • "great people and team environment(in 23 reviews)
  • "Good pay(in 14 reviews)
  • "I have great coworkers and the company is only growing and expanding!(in 11 reviews)
  • "A great culture.(in 11 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of NeoGenomics and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0

Great interview

Sep 2, 2022 - Accessioning Technician in Fort Myers, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Took about 3 weeks from applying to working. The HR personnel was very nice and professional. My interviewer was very friendly, intelligent and charismatic. Overall my experience so far has been great. Pay is great and benefits are the same I feel as any employer I have worked with in the past.

Cons

Nothing yet. Hopefully nothing will arise.

2. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Nepotism, poor leadership and exclusion

Sep 23, 2022 - Cls in Fort Myers, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Good benefits -Nice building -PTO -Independent work -Many free lunches

Cons

Do not go to HR for any issues, their sole purpose is to protect the company and will not acknowledge or remedy any issues brought to their attention. They will call it an "operational issue" if you find yourself in an unlawful circumstance. A particular department that starts with an F is very toxic. The culture is absolutely unprofessional. Leaders are unprofessional and foster a bullying culture. Licensed techs lack professionalism and proficiency while gossiping and bullying unlicensed techs. The department goals are ridiculous and unattainable without slaving away. There is no established workflow and zero supervision. Do yourself a favor and look elsewhere because peace does not exist here.

3. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Good place to work with room for improvement

Aug 7, 2022 - Clinical Laboratory Scientist in Aliso Viejo, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

The company as a whole is a good place to work. Upper management has the right intentions to have core values in place and to live them out. Middle managers that employees actually interact with, at least in my department, get lost in just trying to survive and get the work done to care too much about working according to the core values. The company as a whole is trying to make the environment and atmosphere a great place to work. It is in the execution that things get missed. In my department, there is a great deal of flexibility and autonomy, but there are places to improve.

Cons

Middle managers could make more of an effort to recognize employees for their work. Some equipment could be updated or standardized so that everyone is using the same piece of equipment. Pay rates could be raised to be more in line with national standards. And procedures across the company need to be standardized and followed by all employees.

Human Resources

Thanks so much for your review of Neo. We are happy to hear that you recommend Neo as a place to work and that we are living out our Core Values. This is great feedback as we continue to build our purpose-driven culture. In terms of team recognition, we recommend starting a conversation with your manager about sending Cheers for Peers in TINYpulse and/or messages of thanks in Kudos for something particularly meaningful that people on your team just accomplished. Thanks for all that you do to make Neo a great place to work.

4. 4.0

Catching up

Sep 25, 2022 - Senior Director
    Business Outlook

Pros

Strong market presence, strong benefits and HR offering for career dev

Cons

Lost the lead in the oncology testing market, now playing catch up but certainly able to rise to the task, plenty of cash to invest and two outstanding new test products along with a new data rich informatics division.

5. 5.0

Fulfilling job

Sep 22, 2022 - Lab Technician II in Aliso Viejo, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

They are so many departments departments with opportunities to work different hours.

Cons

The pay isn't that good you could get paid the same amount of money working at Walmart but it's fulfilling.

6. 4.0

Good company, great benefits

Sep 10, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Employee benefits, flexibility & education options.

Cons

Leadership changes, priority shifts & overtime.

7. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Good Company…Bad Manager

Jul 15, 2022 - Patient Service Representative
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great people great perks, great location. Great 401k match. Good benefits

Cons

Ever since the acquisition of Genoptix, it felt like all the Genoptix employees were getting promoted and the legacy employees were being overlooked. Wage was a little low and bonus potential was getting harder and harder to maintain

3 people found this review helpful
  8. 4.0

Great Opportunity

Feb 10, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Everyone there is very nice and helpful. The culture is very laid back. One thing I do notice is that the IT techs there don't all have certifications or don't have the necessary skills that are required to be a basic IT professional. It's a great learning environment if you are just coming out of college. Everyone is very patient and tries to help you accomplish your goals. The work balance is superb. It is also very easy to be promoted here. It's also easy to do a lateral move at this company. The company works to keep engagement across the company by having tons of virtual events. They have a monthly book club virtually, yoga in your chair and they also have a virtual meet-up to help you with finance. My fav thing about this company is that they have tuition assistance. I believe that it only goes up to $6000. There are so many benefits to working here. One tip I have for anyone who works here is to read through your welcome binder thoroughly. They are so many wonderful opportunities that are missed.

Cons

I feel like people are too nice and scared to say what is required. I was working on a project and I can hear the frustration, yet it was glossed over. SOFT SKILLS are required, but there is a difference between having soft and no skills. People here are also very slow when it comes to tasks. Not everyone understands the importance of a deadline.

2 people found this review helpful

Human Resources

Thanks for your review of Neo. We are happy to hear you recommend Neo as a place of employment, as well as your review of our Neo Total Rewards, including our tuition assistance program, ERG book club, and wellness & financial benefits. We believe in a purpose-driven culture and this helps ensure our employees can find balance. Thanks for being an engaged and involved employee - we value you!

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great Company to work for!

Aug 11, 2022 - Cytogenetic Technologist II in Fort Myers, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Lot's of extra benefits like NeoSpirit & end of the year bonuses!

Cons

Management needs better communication skills - to listen to their employees. and to pay better. There's high expectations demand for productivity.

Human Resources

Thank you so much for your review of Neo. We are thrilled to hear that you caught the #NeoSPIRIT and are happy with our rewards program. Additionally, thank you for the feedback regarding communications within your work team, as well as crossing-training suggestion. We take these suggestions seriously and appreciate you taking the time to share them. Thanks for helping spread the #NeoSPIRIT to others!

10. 4.0

Good place to work

Aug 26, 2022 - Clinical Laboratory Scientist in Houston, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good base of work and plenty of new business coming in.

Cons

No upward mobility in career.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 309 Reviews

NeoGenomics Reviews FAQs

NeoGenomics has an overall rating of 3.8 out of 5, based on over 324 reviews left anonymously by employees. 75% of employees would recommend working at NeoGenomics to a friend and 56% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -10% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, NeoGenomics employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.7 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at NeoGenomics. This rating has decreased by -7% over the last 12 months.

75% of NeoGenomics employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated NeoGenomics 3.4 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.8 for culture and values and 3.8 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at NeoGenomics to be career development, culture, benefits and the cons to be senior leadership, management.

Popular Careers with NeoGenomics Job Seekers