ADP Applications Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ADP Applications Developer Interview Questions

Interviews at ADP

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at ADP (Alpharetta, GA) in December 2014.

Interview

They started with a simple phone call from a recruiter. I thought it would be a phone interview, but it was more of a simple reiteration of the job description as well as setting me up for an onsite interview. To be honest, the recruiter knew very little about the position and could not answer almost any questions I had, but she was kind and encouraging at least. There were no technical questions or even questions regarding what was on my resume.
The onsite interview was set up for a few day later to meet with 3 interviewers (the software director, a product manager, and a senior software engineer). They began as expected, asking me what I knew about the company. Obviously I had looked into the company and that they have a few different parts to their one product and started talking about that, but the director quickly corrected me saying that they only had one product and it was not split up at all. I asked how the 20 software teams split up the work: whether it was by the different features of that 'one' product or some other means, and he rambled around the question continuing on about how it was one product. Finally, the product manager answered that they split it up by features and that I was right about there being different 'parts' to the product.
They asked me a few questions related to my resume as well as general Java questions. The manager and engineer were easy to talk to and asked very valid questions, but the director seemed more interested in getting me to have less interest in the position by telling me that it was a very senior position (even though it was described as entry-level), that it carried a lot of responsibility as they work with people's money, and that I would be required to work late nights, weekends, and be on call as needed.
Finally they had me write a small method on the whiteboard about taking in a Collection and a delimiter, and then printing out a String with each Collection object separated by the delimiter.
I wrote a pretty simple solution which checked to see that the Collection was instantiated, if it was empty, it it had only 1 object (in which case no use of delimiter), and then a simple for loop adding a delimiter after the 1st object followed by the next object, and concatenated that to the existing string. They were ok with this except that they didn't like the use of concatenation. They preferred I did something to use up less memory space, but I couldn't figure it out at the time.
Overall, the questions were pretty simple and to the point while still allowing me room to express what interests me, but I still feel like the director was there more for the purpose of making the interviewee feel uncomfortable and not want the job.
There were also no behavioral questions which I found odd.

Interview Questions

• After the coding question regarding a collection of Strings, I was asked what sort of collections existed. I answered that you could have a collection of Strings, Integers, or any other Object you wanted to create a collection of. He said 'OK'. Only after the interview did I think that he probably meant more along the lines of Hashmaps, Linked Lists, Arrays, etc.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for ADP

Anonymous Employee in Pasadena, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ADP (Pasadena, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied through college and was contacted by manager for a phone screen. One phone screen for 30 minutes and onsite interview with 4 rounds(each of 30-45 minutes). It is very essential to look at what ADP does and claim how you could be a good fit in the organization given background and skills.

Interview Questions

• Phone Screen-
      Usual introduction with some design patterns in Java and SOA related concepts because of background in SOA.

Onsite interview with 4 rounds:
      Interview 1 with Principal Engineer -
      Difference in various data structures
       Arrays vs ArrayList vs Linked List
       Discussion about Collection Hierarchy
       Comparator use in Collections for sorting
       Discussion about a project
       SQL queries

Interview 2 with Manager -
       Pitch to sell an ongoing project
       Features to be taken care of during API design
       SOA Architect responsibilities discussion
       Some behavioral questions

Interview 3 -
       Dry run?
       Some scenarios on how debugging can be done
       Questions about logging, log4j

Interview 4 -
       Data Structures again but specifically about implementation of HashMap
       How is Cache implemented
       A class design problem based on mutual funds   Answer Question

Applications Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ADP in May 2016.

Interview

First telephonic round with hiring manager. Resume screening, Java and SQL. Onsite behavioral and technical in deep. Make you write SQL and simple java question. Very smooth and easy. ADP prefer experience more.

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ADP (Alpharetta, GA).

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter a few days after the school career fair to schedule an interview. The interview was smooth and I got an offer letter few weeks later.

Interview Questions

ADP Response

Jan 22, 2018 – Project Specialist

Thank you for sharing your experience and welcome to ADP. #workhappy

Applications Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at ADP in February 2018.

Interview

it was a good interview. Decent tech questions were asked, not too complicated. can ace with sufficient preparation and confidence. The whole process took around a month and was smooth

Interview Questions

• Explain about your recent project   1 Answer

Sep 17, 2018 – Manager

Thank you for your review and for sharing your insights with us on Glassdoor. Welcome to the ADP team. #workhappy

Applications Developer Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ADP in February 2019.

Interview

they came to my university career and they took my resume after almost two weeks they selected me for an campus interview. First interview was in person. one talked about the internship, the responsibilities and when it starts and ends. and another talked generally over my resume.

Interview Questions

ADP Response

Mar 18, 2019

Thank you for the review and rating of your interview experience. We appreciate your insights and analysis.

Applications Developer Interview

Interview

I got a call from a consultancy regarding this job opening in ADP. Two days later, the consultant got back to me saying my profile was rejected because there was a 2+ year’s gap (I was on a maternity break). Later I again got a call on Friday and she told me ADP wants to re-consider my profile and there was a weekend drive the next day.

The first round went well. I was asked problem solving (data structure) questions along with a few UI related questions. HR informed me I was selected for the second round and that I need to wait. Second round was a Senior Manager round and it went good as well. Finally the HR asked me to leave saying his colleague would get back to me and when I asked if I was through or not- Now read this carefully- He showed me "Hired" written on my resume by the manager. He asked me to fill a form before leaving. It was the "Employee Information Form". This is done ONLY when you are hired. And apparently, I was the only one selected that day amongst the 50/60+ people they interviewed.

Later, I did not get any call from the HR's colleague for a complete week and on Friday I was informed that there'll be another tech round (video call) by their US counterpart which would be more like a calibration round. In this round I was asked one problem solving question and others were based on Database. I am a UI Developer and they had my resume. I informed the interviewer that I haven't been working on database but I can give a try answering your question partially. Rest of the discussion was based on previous projects/dev environment.

The next day consultant informed me that my candidature was rejected for reasons unknown to them. This does not go down well with me or would, with anyone in my place. Firstly, I was "Hired" based on 2 rounds and then rejected based on 1 round that too for skills that were beyond my profile. If the company is not serious about hiring people, they should just not pretend that "we're hiring" simply because its the recruiting season. Have some respect for candidate's time and profile. Please know that it is only during recruitment, people actually get a chance to know about the core values and principles of the organization and form an opinion of their own. It has been a really bad interview experience and I do not hold the organization in a high esteem anymore.

Interview Questions

• Find the second most frequent occurring integer in a given list of integers   Answer Question

Feb 26, 2016 – Project Specialist

Thank you for the open and honest review. We have shown the Sr. Directors of recruitment this review and hope we can improve the process in the future.

Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ADP (Hyderabad (India)) in March 2016.

Interview

4 rounds
    1.Written test based on quants, logical and c c++,sql
    2.coding round(3 out 5) 30 mins
    2. technical 1
    3.technical 2
    4 hr

written test is easy just prepare basics and in programming section most of the questions were from c and two to three form sql i guess.

Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at ADP (Chennai (India)).

Interview

First round was had a coding question, which was done and submitted in an editor.
    Second round was the F2F and it went well and I got positive feedback from the interviewer.
    Final round was with the manager, he was majorly checking about my availability and discussed about the daily job responsibilities.
    After that they told HR will be in contact with me to take this forward.
    But no one even cared to send out a response with the status.
    Since I went through Recruiter agency, was not able to get the HR contact and the agency refused to give their contact too.
    This is one of the poor standards and I really do not encourage my friends to join/give interview to this company.

Interview Questions

• 1) Implementing queue using stack and other easy Data structure questions.
      2) OOP concepts with real world mapping.   Answer Question

Sep 18, 2017 – Project Specialist

Sorry for your negative experience.Thank you for the review.

Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ADP (Hyderabad (India)) in April 2017.

Interview

there were one written test and one technical.
    again one behavioural round and the final round is with HR
    I was very till my behavioural round, after two days of my interview. i got a mail from HR saying that i was not selected. i have his extension number and called him. then he said , i am technically good, but they considered the family and personal things .i was shocked,
    did any HR will reject a candidate if he does not like his face? these all are silly reasons.

Interview Questions

ADP Response

Nov 13, 2017 – Project Specialist

Sorry to hear about this situation. If you could reach out to us at adp_talent_community@adp.com with more information, we would like to escalate to our hiring teams in Hyderbad.