ADP Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ADP Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Jun 13, 2017

3.2

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ADP.

Interview

I applied through my campus/university, and I was called in for a two part interview. The first part was with two people (not sure of their roles), and the second part was with two software engineers. Both were similar in that they were behavioral, but the second was slightly more technical. The technical side was simply OOP, concepts, and data structures. Very simple.

The second interview (two weeks later) was onsite, and it started with a tour of the campus. This was really nice, and then I had an interview with, I believe, hiring manager. I was told about their technologies, what they're using. I think if this is what happens - they want you.

I recieved an offer the following day! I have to say that the ADP team was extremely helpful in the process, and they replied to all of my questions via email rather quickly.

Interview Questions

ADP Response

Mar 13, 2017 – Project Specialist

Thank you for the evaluation of your ADP interview experience and welcome to the ADP team!

Other Interview Reviews for ADP

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ADP (Newark, NJ) in November 2016.

Interview

first it was a phone interview last about 30 min, and then the onsite interview with the team lead. Nothing about algorithm, but some questions on Java and Database. It was not hard.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ADP (Alpharetta, GA) in October 2016.

Interview

I had two interviewers and the questions were all behavioral. They pretty much just asked me about projects, how I would behave in certain situations, and how I maintained my GPA. The interviewers were very nice and I felt that I did well until I got the rejection e-mail a few weeks later.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if one of your teammates wasn't doing their share of work.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ADP.

Interview

Applied through stack overflow. Interview process is simple. First round is a technical phone interview. I was asked to choose either a video or a phone . second round is an in person interview. HR was very helpful. Interviewer was also helpful and the whole interview process was like more of a conversation.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ADP in April 2015.

Interview

Brief phone screen with manager, seemed like a typical first contact. Went into the office a week or so later. Spoke with two groups of two engineers... and this is where things got weird.
    It didn't seem like anyone had read the resume, multiple people kept checking their phones, several times interviewers chatted about unrelated social topics as I was using the whiteboard, and both groups asked the exact same question, which was about the details of my then-current employer's infrastructure (which started making me slightly uncomfortable the second time it came up.) On the whole, it seemed disorganized and disrespectful.
    I didn't get an offer, but, in all honesty, I would have been just as baffled if I HAD gotten an offer--I have no idea what they were doing in that room or what they could have learned about me, good or bad. I left and almost immediately scheduled an interview somewhere else.

Interview Questions

• How do you do a depth-first traversal?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ADP.

Interview

Emails with recruiter. Phone call with HR interviewer. Typical questions.
    Invited for an interview in person at Hoffman. A few technical questions but mostly explanation of their technologies and how everything works. If they are doing that to you then you know they already want you and just want to see if you can understand how everything works.

Interview Questions

• Ask them questions! Be interested, make sure your side projects relate to the business product you'd be working on.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in El Paso, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ADP (El Paso, TX) in May 2014.

Interview

They have a video interview which is assigned by HR. After that you get selected for phone interview with another HR recruiter. Third interview is with your future manager, he will want to know more about your past related projects. He will mention you about the project that you will be working on and will ask you how would you solve the problem.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your past projects, and how can you use your experience here.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

This included a Written and Technical Interview.
    Written included Programming Questions and SQL Queries and Scenario's.
    There were two programming questions of difficult level whereas some SQL queries of difficult level.
    Technical Questions included mostly SQL Queries and MVC questions.
    J Query and Java Script was also asked.

Interview Questions

• Difference between J Query and JavaScript   1 Answer

ADP Response

Jun 19, 2017 – Project Specialist

Thanks for the review.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at ADP (Hyderabad (India)) in October 2016.

Interview

Online application, next day online assessment, next week set up phone interview, had a second phone interview the following week, few days later set up f2f interview which was this past Monday. It went pretty smoothly. I met with 2 really nice ladies although I only think 1 of them liked me. Lol they just asked a bunch of behavioral and what if questions. They told me my recruiter would…

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at ADP (Chennai (India)) in March 2016.

Interview

firstly i had call from inncon consultancy they refered me to attend the interview in adp india pvt ltd
    i had cleared the first round of interview and they said they will me for the second round but still in am waiting,i had mailed several time to inncon consultancy but there is no response.

interview is waste of time it is eye wash