Accenture Graduate Software Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Accenture Graduate Software Developer Interview Questions

Interviews at Accenture

2.5

Graduate Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Accenture (Manchester, England (UK)) in June 2019.

Interview

I applied online for the position of graduate software developer. I found the application to be straight forward. However, I did not advance further. I was not told the reason, only I would have to wait a further 6 months to apply again.

Interview Questions

• A host of personality questions as part of an online survey   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Accenture

Graduate Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Accenture (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)).

Interview

Interview process was very unique compared to other places. There was very little emphasis on technical ability or programming skills. The interview/assessments were focused on problem solving, team work and communication skills.

The first was an online assessment focused on simple maths questions and problem solving. The second was an assessment centre which focused on problem solving again as well as teamwork. The final stage was a 1 to 1 interview.

I made it to the last stage with high hopes, but the interview took a very a bizarre turn. I was asked what areas a of software engineering I was interested in, and given that I was going for a development role, I told the interviewer my interest in numerous areas of software development, all of which I knew were at Accenture. The interviewer seemed very displeased with my answer and started asking why I was only interested in roles that involved development. I started doubting what role I was applying for and asked her was it a developer role that I was being interviewed for. She said yes but that I couldn't expect development work all the time and depending on what work is available I could be moved from different departments week to week. She then gave an example where she said that one week I could be filing paperwork for marketing and then next week being doing IT support. I immediately told her that is not what i'm interested in and was shown the door after 10 minutes of what was suppose to be an hour long interview.

I don't think development work is too much to ask when your applying for a developer role. I'm not saying I expect to be coding constantly, development work is a lot more than just that. But expecting a software developer to switch between different departments that they are completely inexperienced in is an absolute joke.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you went above and beyond in a project   Answer Question

Graduate Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stockton-on-Tees, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Accenture (Stockton-on-Tees, England (UK)) in March 2018.

Interview

After submitting my CV I was invited to a women in technology event. The event took place at their Newcastle office. We were delivered a number of presentations by current female managers talking about their experiences of the company and how their careers have developed. We were invited to ask questions and were given lots of information about opportunities, how careers are managed, the benefits of the company, training, personal development.

After this we had a nice buffet lunch with some new female graduates we also had the opportunity to chat and ask questions.

After lunch we had to do a group exercise where we had to present a project plan for the development of an application.

Then we had individual interviews which were more about how we could demonstrate our values and how these aligned with those of the company. I was encouraged to give examples related to software development experience at university where I could, but this wasn’t necessary.

We were a small group, I think they expected 12 but not everyone came. It was a positive experience, everyone on the day was very friendly and reassuring and I felt that the recruitment team were committed to getting the best from us and genuinely wanted to give us all jobs if they could. The other candidates were excellent to work with on the group task and it was easy to get on with everyone there.

Interview Questions

• Questions related to team work, individual work ethic, how you’ve handled work situations in the past. Aligned with Accenture’s core values.   1 Answer

Graduate Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Accenture in February 2017.

Interview

Only reached digital interview after applying online. Seemed like a very impersonal process. Series of generic interview questions which you had a couple of minutes to prepare for before having to speak your answer on the webcam, and a couple of technical programming tests which were fairly straight forward, only had about 10 mins for each.

Graduate Software Development Interview

Interview

Group Exercise and 2 one to one interviews. One HR interview with competency questions and one Technical interview with questions based on your resume.
    1st stage - A fairly long Video interview. 2 types of questions. first, motivation to applying to Accenture - why Accenture, why consulting, Who are Accenture's competitors? etc. Second, competency based questions . Teamwork? Problem Solving? Then the second part of the video interview was a case study (recently replaced the case study at the Assessment centre).

Graduate Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (London, England (UK)) in January 2011.

Interview

First there was a phone screen, followed by a day with two interviews. The first interview was with an HR representative followed by a more technical interview with a technical manager.