American Airlines Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at American Airlines

2,142 Interview Reviews

2.8

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Airlines in July 2016.

Interview

Applied online took assessment test online one week later received email for a video interview. Taking my video interview today. Any advice from anyone who has gone through the process?!

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Airlines.

Interview

First round was phone interview and then face to face interview in Dallas office at American Airlines. This was for a contract to Hire position and offer letter was sent 2 days after the interview

Interview Questions

• Explain the agile process on your team in your current firm the dashboards used   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Airlines.

Interview

Online assessment. If you pass that, you get invited to an in-person interview. Which may take awhile and then you get a “thanks but no thanks” email after waiting a month or two. I got lucky on my second application, on the same position with an invitation. Set up a date and time with a recruiter. Side note: you want to get it done as soon as possible since this is an airline industry where seniority is everything! You’ll understand the importance when you’re bidding your schedule and vacation... A small group interview with two managers. Pretty standard interview. Nothing hard about the questions. Be yourself and show what you’re about. Achievements and accomplishments. How you overcome challenges and how you handled it.

Intern Interview

Interview

A self go-through follows questions on past project experiences
    Technical questions like how you feel about the models
    Behavirol questions like how you contribute to a team, what kind of difficulties you experienced in projects

Flight Attendant Interview

Interview

So thankful for the tips people have given here so I thought I would add a few of my own concerning timing of the interview.

DFW to AA Training Center:
    The commute from your flight GATE to your interview ROOM is at least 1.5-2 hours long if using the shuttle, maybe 1 hour if using a car service. Budget enough time to get to the AA training center from the DFW airport after your flight. Even though the interview location is only 5 miles from the airport, with the airport tollroad and traffic, it can take at least 30 minutes to commute from door to door.

AA Ares Shuttle:
    You should call the shuttle the moment your flight lands. The white AA shuttle provided will take at least 30-45 minutes to arrive at the airport after you call it & it doesn’t wait for you so keep a sharp eye! Make sure you tell the telephone dispatcher that you have an interview. If you miss the first shuttle or if the shuttle is full you will wait another 30-45 minutes. I really recommend taking Uber, Lyft, or one of the many car/taxi services available from the terminal.

Pre-Interview:
    Once you arrive at the training center you have to go through security. Which is one desk downstairs to check in, a desk upstairs to have your photo taken, and then security takes you around the building for a tour/to show you where your rooms are. Then you check into your interview room. This process was not quick and at least 10-20 minutes long as well.

The Building:
    The training center isn’t an office building of AA, so you don’t have to feel as if arriving HOURS early is disturbing the normal work environment or inconveniencing your interviewer if you arrive 2 hours before your interview begins. Everyone inside the building is either interviewing or an employee of AA taking part in a company sponsored training day. There are snacks and drinks and plenty of room to just relax and meet other candidates and people that work for the company all over the country.

There were at least 8 people for my interview day that were late and weren’t able to interview, so I hope this helps!

American Airlines Flight Attendant Interview

Interview

Multiple steps to be hired. Starting with online application, followed by video interview, then online assessment , and so on. I wasn’t able to get past the online assessment portion of the interview. Did not give any further information as to why the interview process was ended.

Interview Questions

• Describe difficulties in your current position and how you handled those difficulties.   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Airlines.

Interview

Apply in October and took a assessment test but didn’t get the result back until a month later letting me know that I passed. And waited like another month or two for the video interview.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at American Airlines (Dallas, TX) in March 2020.

Interview

Video Chat to get to know potential employee so far followed by coding interview. One online and one in person. No prep was given for the online coding challenge but expect prep for in person.

Reservations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at American Airlines (Raleigh, NC) in March 2020.

Interview

It was a large group interview, each applicant answered questions in no particular order. After interview you receive offer based on passing the airport code test. Test was scheduled approximately two weeks after offer.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a difficult situation and how you handled it   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at American Airlines in March 2020.

Interview

Submitted resume via portal. Was sent a link to conduct an assessment a day or two later. About a week after that I was sent another link to conduct on demand interview. Then invited in for face 2 face, where i met with 2 managers. Was sent a conditional offer that same evening. The following day I was sent a choice of times to return to the airport to complete a drug test and customs application. Around that same time I was sent a link from 3rd party vendor to conduct 10 year criminal & professional background check. Background check took 5 days, drug test still pending as of day 5

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you worked for a difficult manager, and how you dealt with him or her.   Answer Question