American Airlines Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

Sort:

Aircraft Maintenance Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at American Airlines (Miami, FL) in May 2017.

Interview

Called in to Miami for a face to face interview two interviewers. Interview of person in front of me went well over the time limit by two hours. Started my interview late with only one interviewer. At this time interview questions went well second interviewer arrived asked some technical off script questions about made up situations fairly easy. Asked to come in another day for a walk around. During this time was asked if I spoke Spanish, which I answered I do not. After the walk around day I was not contacted again about position that stayed open for one week later.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at American Airlines (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

There is a 2 part process to the interview.
    The 1st part deals with questions about your work history and challenging situations you've encountered.
    The 2nd part is a practical test dealing with analyzing wiring diagrams, setting a torque wrench, and safety-wiring 3 bolts.

Interview Questions

• What are the difference between these 2 hydraulic fittings?   1 Answer
    • What is the correct effectivity of this aircraft and does the drawing apply to it?   Answer Question
    • What is the reference designator of this component on the drawing?   Answer Question
    • What is a splice and the symbology of it on a drawing?   Answer Question
    • What are the amps of the circuit breaker on the drawing?   Answer Question
    • Name a challenging situation and how did you over come it?   Answer Question
    • What did you find satisfying and least satisfying about your last job?   Answer Question
    • What is the biggest mistake you've ever made, dealing with aviation?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at American Airlines.

Interview

If you have atleast 4 years experience you should be able to get in with no problem. They ask you a few questions about your past experience. then they are going to give you a practial test. after thats its the medical and background check.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at American Airlines (Dallas, TX) in August 2009.

Interview

The company will fly you to Dallas for one interview. You will sit with one HR representitive. Experience is not required. All employees have a starting base rate at well under the industry average. A clean driving record is required.

Interview Questions

• Why would you want to work for this airline?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. All pay is at a set value.

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at American Airlines (Fort Worth, TX) in April 2009.

Interview

Not too lengthly, but thourgh.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at American Airlines (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Very simple years ago dont know how it is now

Negotiation

none

Anonymous Employee in Jamaica, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at American Airlines (Jamaica, NY) in February 2013.

Interview

Internal application. After completing several Questionnaires online from Talent services I finally got a call to fly up to JFK for interview. The Interview was One-on One and was about 9 Questions. They were all situational questions pertaining to a scenario i have encountered and how i solved it and what i learned from it. Part two was a practical test which involved a Safety wire between 3 bolts , Setting a torque wrench and about six questions on different system schematics! Overall Not bad at all.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you encountered a barrier between you and another employee! (Language, ethnicity, experience etc)   Answer Question

Negotiation

No Negotiation. Contract pay scale

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at American Airlines (Dallas, TX) in January 2013.

Interview

Pretty simple hiring process. Three weeks after applying I received an email for an interview invitation. I was flown to Dallas. Upon arriving I was given the Bennett Mechanical Aptitude test, which is a 68 question picture test. Ex.( picture of a bicycle with a big wheel and small wheels. Which wheel will turn the most?) Test is timed 30 min must get 40 correct to proceed to a traditional interview. Upon completion I was interviewed by a manager with the recruiter present.

Interview Questions

• No real challenging questions asked 1. If I was ever asked by a supervisor to sign off on an airworthiness item to get the plane out on time what would I do? 2. How would I handle a co worker who is visibly upset with me? 3. What would your last employer have to say about you? 4. What type of worker are you(procrastinator, or someone who uses time wisely)?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations pretty much you're given an offer sheet to accept on the spot yes or no. ( they have others coming in right behind you to be interviewed.)

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at American Airlines (Tulsa, OK) in March 2010.

Interview

ask me question about my experience in the military what I worked on at General telephone and my family

Interview Questions

• If I would be willing to relocate   2 Answers

Negotiation

my start pay was 9.00 dollars

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at American Airlines (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

Experience, character, character, character and attitude. How you deal and handle pressure is important. Negative people need not apply, you will not make probation. Pay is great at 47.50 HR with a contract closing in at around 51 Hourly by year 2018

Interview Questions

• How well do you get along with others? How well do you deal with time sensitive events etc.   Answer Question