Cover image for American Airlines

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

American Airlines Interview Questions

Updated Feb 1, 2023

To filter interviews, or .
Found 2,718 of over 2.7K interviews

In Person3%
2.8
HardAverageEasy

American Airlines

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Airlines in Jul 2016

Interview

Applied online took assessment test online one week later received email for a video interview. Taking my video interview today. Any advice from anyone who has gone through the process?!

Interview Questions
  • Dont know the questions yet
    2 Answers
2387 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Airlines (Dallas, TX) in Feb 2022

Interview

OK this will be a very in depth description to help you all achieve your goals. I believe anyone could get this far and I just what to help you get there so enjoy. I applied on January 10th 2022 and took my assessment shortly after my application was submitted. I got am email for my VI on January 22nd and did it on the 27th. In my VI there were about 30 candidates and 3 recruiters. Everyone was told to introduced themselves, give a fun fact about yourself, and what state you live in currently. After that they ask everyone ONE question. Make sure you try to stand out with your answer because they are writing notes on what you say. SMILE! The questions are general situational and past experience. Their were about 7 questions and they just repeated them so you might get a question that was already asked so be paying attention to what they are and what you would say. Or just make sure you don't agree with anyone/ say the same thing as them. Total time took about 30 min. Good Luck! I got my email invite for a F2F on February 4th and the F2F was on February 11th at 9am. This was so much fun and you meet a lot of amazing people. They flew me out to Dallas. I chose to fly out on the day before the interview because my interview was at an earlier time the next day. I luckily have family that live 5 min from the airport so I just stayed with them. Get to the interview at least 30 min early to insure check-in time and to be able to mingle with the others that are just as nervous as you. Once you check in and get your day badge they walk you in groups to the big interview room. One by one they walk you in to a second check in point. There they give you a small writing assignment to work on and assign you to a table. It was very easy and you only had to write a few sentences so don't worry. There were about 5 or 6 tables of 8-10 people each table. Get to know your table and their names because your going to be with then the whole time. Next they introduce about 15 recruiters, 2 go to each table and will basically stay with your table the whole time. The others just walk around and observe everyone. when they get to your table everyone is asked a group ice breaker question and everyone has a min to answer it. Its fun so no stress or wrong answers. Group interviews start and they go around and ask everyone one question each. Honestly this was the hardest part of the interview for me, just the stress of saying your answer in front of your group and the recruiters can really get to you. Just breath and stay calm your gonna do great. After that they gave us a group activity. A prompt was on each table and every one from your table was your group. You work together to answer the prompt, but be quick because you only have a few min to complete it. Then you have another min to decide how your going to present it to the whole room. Also your 2 recruiters will be at your table the whole time watching. Next is a PowerPoint about the company and what to expect as a flight attendant at American. This is when the recruiters say their leaving but they are going to decide whos moving on to the one an one. The host of the interview opens it up for questions and eventually some one comes in and says thanks for coming blah blah blah, says they are going to release yall in groups just like we came in. But the first group is getting sent to the shuttles. After the first group leaves its still open to ask questions. Again someone walks in and says were going to take you another assessment. They walk you to where you do the reach test and jumps seat test. Once you complete that you go back to the main room. I was the first one to get called out of the room for the one on one so anything after this I couldn't tell ya. In the one on one it was 2 different recruiters then the ones at my table. They just ask why you want to be a flight attendant for American and other questions about your availability for starting. After all of that she offered me the job and I took it. If you are in the earlier interview you will have time to do fingerprints and the drug test. I hope this helps everyone out there feel prepared and confidant about the whole process. Good luck and see yall in the sky! xoxo

Interview Questions
134 people found this interview helpful

What people are saying about American Airlines

Join the conversation on

All things points

7d

an

Analyst

Have Amex gold right now. Debating getting either chase freedom unlimited or Citi American Airlines card for flying. Feel like I have two options and looking for advice: 1: Amex for travel and chase for everyday 2: Citi for travel and chase for everyday 3: Amex for everyday / travel and Citi for AmAir specific travel Please Advise!

5 Comments

Join the conversation on

Got a burning question about American Airlines? Just ask!

On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with American Airlines employees and get real answers from people on the inside.

What's Fishbowl
Ask a Question

American Airlines

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Airlines

Interview

Before you apply, make sure your resume is up to date and has related experience to the FA role. You'll be required to do an assessment online shortly after if your resume is up to the standards. On this assessment, think as a flight attendant. Some questions will make you confuse but just pick the less "evil" answer. If that goes well, then comes the video interview. During my interview, a lot of people did not follow their recommendation. If it's recommended, just do it. Don't try to do the video interview on your phone. One tricky aspect that I notice was that AA asked applicants to log in with a specific name format and the majority had not followed this format. - All details are equally important so be aware of that. Be centered on the camera and with no distractions on your background. You won't have a lot of time to shine since there are many others interviewing with you so make sure you are memorable. Dress as a flight attendant and if you are a female put your hair on a bun. When following the star format, try to be genuine about it, someone on my interview was doing the format but voicing the steps out loud and it sounded like a record. If you are not natural with the star method just try to give situations with a problem and happy ending. For your f2f, dress to impress, be early to socialize and smile!! It's not hard to be impressed as AA headquarters is indeed a gorgeous environment and the interviewers make you feel warm from start to end. Be grateful that you are there because you made it that far! I've smiled as soon as I entered the building because it is inspiring, but they are watching you the whole time so also be mindful of that. Don't let your nerves get in control, be relaxed but maintain your posture while seated or walking. Wear comfortable shoes, you will be walking a lot. I was breaking in new shoes and that was the hardest part for me because my feet were swollen and I had blisters after 2h with it. I kept my confidence up like that was not happening but it was hard ahhaah. As soon as you arrive to the room, there will be an writing assessment. In my case they asked if a distress passenger stopped me at the airport while I was in the way to a gate for a flight, how I would proceed with the situation. The was 1 to 5 options and you have to number them by order of likelihood on how you'd act - followed by an written explanation of why you picked number #1 as the first answer. Be concise. Straight to the point with not much fluff. Then they will play the AA video and start the questions and activities. There are between 1-2 interviewers per table and they usually start by alphabetic order. Smile and be supportive of other people's answers but don't interrupt them with comments. Smile and nod and sympathize. I recommend that you keep your hands under the table and hold them together specially when it's your turn to answer so that you don't get lost with hand gestures. I'm an immigrant and my English can be a bit bumpy so I got a little nervous and had some errors on my answer which made me think that it would disqualify me but it didn't. So if English is not your first language, don't let that make you lose focus from your main goal. Use key words in your answers based on flight attendant role description. I spent days on AA website studying what they're looking for and making sure I had that in me; I'd say that made the whole process way more enjoyable because at all times I felt like it was meant to be. During the group activity, have fun and let everyone have a word. My group did the banner wrong but that did not matter, our connection and supportiveness of each other was what counted imo. After that there will be a break, which I used to still chat with interviewers and applicants, refill on water cause that helps with the anxiety lol Interviewers did another round of question and this time it was at a random selection. Once that was done, they explained a bit about pay and benefits, and some other information regarding bases and training. Ask questions, they really seemed to be thrilled to answer them. Someone will come to the room eventually with a list, calling a big group of people. If you are called you are most likely not to be invited to the training since the process often includes a jump seat and drug&alcohol test and one on one in a different room. Other staff keep coming and calling smaller groups for the jump seat test, that means you are still in the process. Then you are directed to a private room and interviewed based on your resume and some customer service questions, such as: what is customer service to you/Do you see the importance of the uniform? etc. I'd say that 90% of the questions have already been mentioned on Glassdoor. I received a CJO after that short interview but everyone has a different journey. Be confident of yourself at all times. You got this!

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time where your work colleagues did not agree to a decision you made?
36 people found this interview helpful

American Airlines

Application

I interviewed at American Airlines

Interview

Completed online application . December Received invitation to complete assessment . Completed a group virtual interview online. January 2023. 2 weeks later received my F2F appointment for February 16.😁 Very exited to join the AA family. 🤞🏼

American Airlines

Application

I interviewed at American Airlines

Interview

Entrevista em com o coordenador em inglês, bem descontraído bastante tranquila , conversa em inglês bem tranquilo. Tb teve uma prova de conhecimentos gerais, e resultado foi rapido. Em poucos dias entraram em contato.

Interview Questions
  • Perguntas sobre pra falar sobre vc, experiência profissional
1 person found this interview helpful

American Airlines

Application

I interviewed at American Airlines

Interview

My interview process is so terrible. I don’t even wanna describe and talk about it. That’s all angry and upset I am. But overall I’m very thankful about the whole opportunity for this.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

American Airlines

Application

I interviewed at American Airlines

Interview

Multiple rounds of interviews. Started out online via application and then recorded an interview before doing a zoom interview. Then flew out to Dallas to interview with hundreds of other applicants.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

American Airlines

Application

I interviewed at American Airlines

Interview

I had an interview with management and I went well. I had several questions asked that I answered very well and they were impressed. There were times that I struggled with an answer, but quickly made a decision on the best response and aced interview.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

American Airlines

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at American Airlines

Interview

First round with a recruiter and then a second round with an analyst. The interview process seems fairly basic and they rely heavily on campus recruitment. The opportunity is not very competitive with the internship appearing to have little structure and below the going rate for similarly skilled positions.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about yourself? Why this company? --Generally fairly basic questions.

American Airlines

Application

I interviewed at American Airlines

Interview

Online Group Interview was very quick and straightforward. 20 of us potential employees were given a warm/fun question. Then immediately followed a serious question. The experience was subtle yet detailed because the proctors were certainly watching intently and listening for the right fitting responses according to delivery and clarity. Be powerful in your answers and put some energy behind your words. Preparing for F2F now.

Interview Questions
  • What do you look forward to at the workplace?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 2,718 Interviews

American Airlines Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at American Airlines as 75.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.80 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Customer Service Agent and Financial Analyst rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Customer Service Representative and Flight Attendant roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at American Airlines takes an average of 53 days when considering 3,510 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Financial Analyst had the quickest hiring process (on average 22 days), whereas Flight Attendant roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 67 days).

Common stages of the interview process at American Airlines according to 3,510 Glassdoor interviews include:

Group Panel Interview: 17.86%