Amgen Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Amgen Interview Questions

Updated Sep 14, 2017

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amgen.

Interview

I applied online and got a phone interview with the group leader one month later. Questions are all standard. She described the project and my potential responsibility. also asked about my career plan. Over all the experience is positive.

Manufacturing Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Amgen (Thousand Oaks, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

Phone interview with operations manager followed by on-site interview to meet the team and see the facilities. The interview process was fairly simple and very straightforward. The interviewers were nice and seemed very intelligent.

Interview Questions

• What I did at my previous company. My background and experience.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amgen (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

Submitted resume for open job. Senior recruiter called. Phone interview and salary requirements request. Still in process of hiring for new position. Hiring manager is not very forthcoming. Had to initiate all contact.

Associate IS Security Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amgen (Tampa, FL).

Interview

The first interview was a 30 minute phone screen with one of the Directors of Information Security, also the person I would be reporting to. The phone screen wasn't intimidating, it was just so he can get an idea about me, work experience, and make sure the position was something I wanted. We also discussed Amgen's capability center in Tampa. A little over a week later, I received an invitation to the second two part interview, face to face in Tampa.

The second interview was with the same person I conducted the phone screen with and another Director of Information Security. The first part in this interview took an hour long, not intimidating, just asked questions pertaining to my interests, my process towards current events related to security, and tested my knowledge with basic information security tech questions. In-fact I actually learned something in this interview. The second part was about 45 minutes, with the same person I conducted the phone screen with. Again, not an intimidating interview, just how I would handle certain situations and provide examples of work related events pertaining to the role. I also learned from this interview. Both gentleman were really professional and easy to talk with. A week later I received an invitation to a third interview via video conference.

The third interview was a video conference with an IS Security Specialist and IS Manager in Cybersecurity. They asked questions related to my resume, school, greatest accomplishments, and how I would handle a certain situations. They also asked me a question about ransomware. These guys were very easy to talk with, professional and to the point. I like that they acknowledged my accomplishments and congratulated me.

The very next day after my third interview, I received an email invitation to a background investigation from a third party company Amgen works with, whom conduct the background investigation and drug screens. This third party company WILL verify your past employment, school and residence. They will keep trying to reach your past employers for 5-7 days. After the background investigation, I received a call from the HR recruiter with an offer and then received an email to conduct the drug screen. The entire process, all the way to receiving the drug screen invitation, took about 6 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Name two threat actors and what would their motive be to steal information?

What do you know about the WannaCry Ransomware?

How is WannaCry different from Petya Ransomware?

What is the difference of a stateful vs. stateless firewall?   Answer Question

Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Amgen (South San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Very extensive phone interviews, spoke to several directors and senior scientists.
    Invited for a site interview and to present my scientific research. During site visit had face to face interviews all day long. Everyone very nice during interviews.In the end was invited for dinner.

Interview Questions

• Why you want join industry, while most of your experience has been in academia?   Answer Question
    • Questions related to my research   Answer Question
    • Behavioral questions such how you will manage multiple projects   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amgen (Tampa, FL).

Interview

Interview came fast and furious. I was called after hours on two occasions. I was asked to complete an extensive background check and schedule a two hour interview. Completed all they asked, sat in a two hour interview where little skill related questions were asked. I kept asking job related questions to input my viable skills. Both interviewees talked more about the company and the person currently in the role. I left with a confirmation of a call be week's end for an offer or no offer. Week came and went... no call, no email, nothing. Very unprofessional to request lots of action with short notice, sit in two hour interview and no follow up. The job descriptions for Tampa are very similar and it was difficult to understand what level you are applying for.

Senior Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amgen.

Interview

Telephone interview. Standard questions about experience, but not much time to ask my own questions. I was able to ask one question before the interview ended due to time constraints. All the job postings for this area appear similar in casting a wide net to see what they can grab, which means they have not really solidly decided on what they need or want for the roles they are posting.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Amgen (Tampa, FL) in August 2017.

Interview

Submitted for role by recruiter. 2 days later was scheduled for 4 in person interviews to occur on same day. Before interviews I received emails from them to fill out background check information. 1st interview lasted 1 hour with hiring manager and next set of interviews was done in a panel with 3 individuals. Mostly questions around personality and current processes being managed. A few days later was asked to complete 1 more interview with another hiring manager. Verbal offer was provided same day as final interview, and written offer was received the next day. Drug test information was provided after verbal offer was accepted. Very straight forward process.

Senior Associate Scientist Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Amgen.

Interview

Spoke with hiring manger over the phone and then with an HR rep... scheduled an on-site interview a month later. On-site interview lasted 6 hrs in a single room, meeting with about a dozen members. Was called back for a follow-up a week later with the VP of the department, then no response for a month. I had to contact the hiring manager to find out I wasn't offered the position.

IS Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amgen (Tampa, FL) in August 2017.

Interview

Phone interview request from HR came with a request to do 2 more immediately during work hours and where not coordinated with each other (second called at same time as first). All went well and was called by HR to discuss all benefits and salary and asked to to complete an extensive background check and schedule out two interviews within next 5 working days.

Completed the interviews where we talked about the processes of the position and how I would fit into multiple ones. Both interviewees talked about the person currently in the role and how they will be available for a short time and that they will be following up with everyone by week's end. Friday came and went... no call, no email, nothing, and they wont respond to email.

Very unprofessional to demand you do everything immediate and have no way to follow up.

Interview Questions

• Q: How do you get someone to participate when they don't want to   Answer Question