Amgen Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Amgen Interview Questions

Updated Feb 20, 2018

Quality Control Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Juan, PR

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Amgen (San Juan, PR).

Interview

position available thru a staffing agency. One interview with the staffing agency and the second one with amgen supervisor. It was supposed to be in panel but only one manager came.

Interview Questions

• explain ELISA method, how to a communicate, tell me about yourself.   1 Answer

Program Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newbury Park, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Amgen (Newbury Park, CA).

Interview

Depends on the hiring manager. Some have several people meet with the interview candidate and panel interviews. Other hiring mangers focus on 1x1s. Some staff ask basic interview questions and others may explore personality and behavior.

Interview Questions

• Why would you be a good fit for this role?   1 Answer

Senior Associate Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amgen (San Francisco, CA) in January 2018.

Interview

I was contacted within days of applying, there was a phone interview followed by onsite interview two weeks later. I met with -bout 17 people, mostly one on one and have a talk around lunchtime.

Interview Questions

• A common question from all interviewers was my five year plan.   1 Answer

Associate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amgen (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2018.

Interview

I had a 30 minute phone interview and later a face to face interview on site. The on on site interview was with several people in the department to which I was applying.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to name an example of a process scale up problem I had encountered.   Answer Question

Consumer Promotion Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Amgen in December 2017.

Interview

Applied online and received an email from the hiring manager in about 1-2 weeks. The interview was fairly easy, total time was about 20 mins. I only received 2 questions and I quickly answered with "STAR" format that leaves me 20 mins to ask questions to the hiring manager. I received no follow up interview with them.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of when you have a conflicting business idea with your management and how did you deal with   Answer Question
    • Do you work with the 3rd party agencies?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Amgen (Tampa, FL) in December 2017.

Interview

Pretty standard process - First round was a basic HR discussion/phone screening.
    The second round was a telephonic discussion with the hiring manager and final round was an on-site discussion with two managers.
    The interview process is very lethargic and a real test of patience. In my case, 3 rounds took 2-2.5 months. I had to keep following up with the recruiter about the result and next steps.
    My final round was delayed by almost 15 days due to 'unforeseen' reasons.
    I nailed all the rounds but they found a 'better match'.

Interview Questions

• Given a dataset, what will be your approach to derive insights? What database open sources you have used? About projects and past experience? Pretty behavioral and situation based questions.   Answer Question

Undergraduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cal Poly SLO, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amgen (Cal Poly SLO, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

30 minute behavioral including 10 minutes for questions at the end. Very relaxed interview with a lot of time at the end for questions so make sure to prepare some questions of things you would like to know more about

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you did something that went against popular opinion   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Amgen in November 2017.

Interview

Apply through sunlink, interview at school. Took 6 weeks to get back to you, still waiting for the results. No technical questions, all behavioural. Be prepared and you'll be fine

Interview Questions

• describe a time when you have to deal with a difficult teammate   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Amgen (Tampa, FL).

Interview

I received an email from a recruiter asking to do a phone interview. I took the opportunity, but was a bit confused because I was interviewing for a job that I hadn't applied for. I then had another phone interview with an Amgen leader in California. I really enjoyed talking with him.

This individual set up an impromptu interview with another leader in person in Tampa. It went really well and I was brought back in for more formal interviews. I learned at that time that HR was no informed of the impromptu interview that I had had prior. I thought that was rather odd. I had to email the recruiter to learn that I wasn't moving forward. The response was casual and a bit unprofessional.

Hiring the right people is difficult especially when you have to hire in such large numbers and are realigning your business. I enjoyed speaking with everyone I met, but I think ultimately they were interviewing me for the wrong job for me. I wouldn't take anything that happens in this process too personally. They are working hard to fill these roles and that is a challenge.

Interview Questions

• I was asked my opinion on LMS platforms, but was told it wasn't part of the interview process or job consideration.   1 Answer

Manufacturing Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Greenwich, RI

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Amgen (West Greenwich, RI) in October 2017.

Interview

***Disclaimer: this was for a contract position through the recruiting agency, not a FTE position with Amgen. They typically hire as contract and move people to full-time after they know they like you***
    I was contacted by a recruiting agency to see if I was interested in the position. There was a brief phone call to confirm I had the skills required for the job and that I was interested in the job. I was contacted again after about a week to schedule an in person interview on site at Amgen within the week.
    The interview was very straight forward. It was conducted by 2 shift managers (one of them would be my boss and the other was from another shift) and the senior manager for manufacturing. Very common interview questions, nothing that was too far out of the norm.
    I actually heard back about the position and was offered the job the very next day but I didn't start work for another ~3 weeks due to the processing time of paperwork through the recruiting agency.