Amgen Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Amgen Interview Questions

Updated Oct 17, 2017

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Amgen (Tampa, FL).

Interview

I received an email from a recruiter asking to do a phone interview. I took the opportunity, but was a bit confused because I was interviewing for a job that I hadn't applied for. I then had another phone interview with an Amgen leader in California. I really enjoyed talking with him.

This individual set up an impromptu interview with another leader in person in Tampa. It went really well and I was brought back in for more formal interviews. I learned at that time that HR was no informed of the impromptu interview that I had had prior. I thought that was rather odd. I had to email the recruiter to learn that I wasn't moving forward. The response was casual and a bit unprofessional.

Hiring the right people is difficult especially when you have to hire in such large numbers and are realigning your business. I enjoyed speaking with everyone I met, but I think ultimately they were interviewing me for the wrong job for me. I wouldn't take anything that happens in this process too personally. They are working hard to fill these roles and that is a challenge.

Interview Questions

• I was asked my opinion on LMS platforms, but was told it wasn't part of the interview process or job consideration.   1 Answer

Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Amgen.

Interview

The interview is more or less behaviorial questions. All the questions are related to your resume and past experience. The interview is about 1 hour long in total. They asked me about my past internship and school project.

Undergraduate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amgen.

Interview

A lot of behavioral questions about resume and past experiences to determine how you would fit in the position. There was one phone interview and then I got a call offering me the position.

Scientist I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Amgen (Cambridge, MA).

Interview

Two phone interviews-one with hiring manager and one with HR. On site interview after phone interviews. On site interview consisted of dinner the night before and an all day interview the next day. Interview comprised of a 45 min seminar followed by a 15 minute question and answer session. Remainder of the day was one on one's, lunch, and included a 30 minute knowledge quizzing session.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amgen.

Interview

I applied online and got a phone interview with the group leader one month later. Questions are all standard. She described the project and my potential responsibility. also asked about my career plan. Over all the experience is positive.

Associate IS Security Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amgen (Tampa, FL).

Interview

The first interview was a 30 minute phone screen with one of the Directors of Information Security, also the person I would be reporting to. The phone screen wasn't intimidating, it was just so he can get an idea about me, work experience, and make sure the position was something I wanted. We also discussed Amgen's capability center in Tampa. A little over a week later, I received an invitation to the second two part interview, face to face in Tampa.

The second interview was with the same person I conducted the phone screen with and another Director of Information Security. The first part in this interview took an hour long, not intimidating, just asked questions pertaining to my interests, my process towards current events related to security, and tested my knowledge with basic information security tech questions. In-fact I actually learned something in this interview. The second part was about 45 minutes, with the same person I conducted the phone screen with. Again, not an intimidating interview, just how I would handle certain situations and provide examples of work related events pertaining to the role. I also learned from this interview. Both gentleman were really professional and easy to talk with. A week later I received an invitation to a third interview via video conference.

The third interview was a video conference with an IS Security Specialist and IS Manager in Cybersecurity. They asked questions related to my resume, school, greatest accomplishments, and how I would handle a certain situations. They also asked me a question about ransomware. These guys were very easy to talk with, professional and to the point. I like that they acknowledged my accomplishments and congratulated me.

The very next day after my third interview, I received an email invitation to a background investigation from a third party company Amgen works with, whom conduct the background investigation and drug screens. This third party company WILL verify your past employment, school and residence. They will keep trying to reach your past employers for 5-7 days. After the background investigation, I received a call from the HR recruiter with an offer and then received an email to conduct the drug screen. The entire process, all the way to receiving the drug screen invitation, took about 6 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Name two threat actors and what would their motive be to steal information?

What do you know about the WannaCry Ransomware?

How is WannaCry different from Petya Ransomware?

What is the difference of a stateful vs. stateless firewall?   Answer Question

Manufacturing Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Amgen (Thousand Oaks, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

Phone interview with operations manager followed by on-site interview to meet the team and see the facilities. The interview process was fairly simple and very straightforward. The interviewers were nice and seemed very intelligent.

Interview Questions

• What I did at my previous company. My background and experience.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amgen (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

Submitted resume for open job. Senior recruiter called. Phone interview and salary requirements request. Still in process of hiring for new position. Hiring manager is not very forthcoming. Had to initiate all contact.

Senior Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amgen.

Interview

Telephone interview. Standard questions about experience, but not much time to ask my own questions. I was able to ask one question before the interview ended due to time constraints. All the job postings for this area appear similar in casting a wide net to see what they can grab, which means they have not really solidly decided on what they need or want for the roles they are posting.

Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Amgen (South San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Very extensive phone interviews, spoke to several directors and senior scientists.
    Invited for a site interview and to present my scientific research. During site visit had face to face interviews all day long. Everyone very nice during interviews.In the end was invited for dinner.

Interview Questions

• Why you want join industry, while most of your experience has been in academia?   Answer Question
    • Questions related to my research   Answer Question
    • Behavioral questions such how you will manage multiple projects   Answer Question