Amgen Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 14, 2018

1. Featured Interview

Senior Associate Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amgen (San Francisco, CA) in January 2018.

Interview

I was contacted within days of applying, there was a phone interview followed by onsite interview two weeks later. I met with -bout 17 people, mostly one on one and have a talk around lunchtime.

Interview Questions

• A common question from all interviewers was my five year plan.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amgen in June 2018.

Interview

1) Sr manager phone screening
    2) HR round (Very friendly and to inform me about the next rounds)
    3) 7 rounds half an hour each with 7 different people on-site (Resume walk through and the questions followed)

Interview Questions

• They were easy to difficult and all about your resume (they expected me to tell about the configuration file of Tomcat server)   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Amgen.

Interview

First round consisted of a full day of interviews (8a - 4:00p) with a slate of 6 interviewers.
    Second round met directly with hiring manager, where I received the offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe your most memorable work mistake and how it was resolved.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Amgen (Thousand Oaks, CA).

Interview

The interviews were good, I spoke on the phone with the hiring manager and then was invited to come in for a series of four 1:1 interviews. Everyone was very friendly and clearly loved working in the team and at Amgen. The questions weren't purposely difficult (they weren't trying to trick me or test me) but they did want to go in depth and hear me talk in more detail about my resume.

Interview Questions

• All of my interviewers asked me what my five year plan was   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amgen (San Francisco, CA) in April 2018.

Interview

First, they asked questions about your resume and introduced the internship. then asked you whether you have some questions. then that's it. I waited around one and a half week to get the result. But I didn't get in.

Process Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Amgen.

Interview

30-minute phone interview with the department director. Mainly behavioral. Went through resume and other relevant experiences. The interviewer was very amicable and walked me through the potential responsibilities for the position. Still waiting for an update.

Career Discovery Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Amgen (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Applied via school career website. Was given an on campus interview. Thought I nailed the interview, was a 2 on one interview with a new recruiter and a women with 20+ years experience at Amgen. They asked about resume and behavioral stuff, even asked something about my high school experience on my resume. At the end there was time for about 3 questions from me. Was told I’d hear back by end of following week. I did not. About 4 weeks later I got the rejection email.

Quality Control Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Juan, PR

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Amgen (San Juan, PR).

Interview

position available thru a staffing agency. One interview with the staffing agency and the second one with amgen supervisor. It was supposed to be in panel but only one manager came.

Interview Questions

• explain ELISA method, how to a communicate, tell me about yourself.   1 Answer

Program Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newbury Park, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Amgen (Newbury Park, CA).

Interview

Depends on the hiring manager. Some have several people meet with the interview candidate and panel interviews. Other hiring mangers focus on 1x1s. Some staff ask basic interview questions and others may explore personality and behavior.

Interview Questions

• Why would you be a good fit for this role?   1 Answer

Associate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amgen (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2018.

Interview

I had a 30 minute phone interview and later a face to face interview on site. The on on site interview was with several people in the department to which I was applying.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to name an example of a process scale up problem I had encountered.   Answer Question