Amgen Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Amgen Interview Questions

Updated Mar 23, 2017

Rotational Development Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Amgen.

Interview

3 interviewers interviewed me at the same time, and they all from different part. Interviewers are nice. The interview questions are just normal behavioral interview. At the beginning, they let me introduce myself and they also introduced themselves.

GradInformation Systems Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amgen (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Amgen asks majority of behavioral questions and about your different projects and work experience from your resume. They give you some situations and asks you how would you respond to that situation. They even ask questions which focuses on leadership qualities and team work

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with situation if you had to manage too many things at the same time   1 Answer

Finance Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amgen (Thousand Oaks, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

I interviewed for first round on campus and then invited to the campus in CA for the second round. Everyone in the company is relaxed and nice. They kickoff with a presentation then 4 30mins interview with the director and managers in the department. Overall very relaxing experience.

Biostatistics Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amgen in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Received a call about 1.5 weeks later from a statistician at Amgen to set up a phone screen, which was scheduled for the following week. I spoke with two different statisticians on the phone for ~30 minutes. The questions were mainly focused on my resume and the work that I had completed. At the end of the interview, I was told that they were conducting other phone screens and that I would hear back within a week regarding the onsite interview. After 1.5 weeks, I had not heard anything so I contacted them and was told the position has already been filled.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amgen.

Interview

typical interview process with phone then onsite interview with people in department i would be working with or supporting. Very standard and professional process. I'm not sure what else i could say about the process.

Interview Questions

• what do you like to do for fun   1 Answer

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Amgen (Thousand Oaks, CA).

Interview

Recruiter coordinated with internal team. Each was roughly 30-45 minutes in length. Met 1:1 with colleagues and future internal clients. Standard interview process. Recruiter provided feedback on following day and was followed by internal recruiting agent to review the benefits.

CDM Systems Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Amgen (Thousand Oaks, CA).

Interview

Full day of interviews located in Thousand Oaks. Three separate panels. Included cross functional representation (DM, Ops, Biostats, QA). Flew down for the day with a car pick up/return at the airport. Well- planned and well-executed with clearly informed team members. Keen interest in selecting the right candidate was shown.

Interview Questions

• Specific questions were raised around regulatory requirements spanning several areas unrelated to the role. Very confusing in the moment.   1 Answer

Graduate(Software) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northridge, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Amgen (Northridge, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

They only asked behavioral questions. Not one technical question. Did not have a specific team or project to recruit for, gave very generic information about the internship. Friendly interviewers with a sheet of specific questions to ask.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me about a time you handled a conflict at work?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Amgen in November 2016.

Interview

Their application process was handled online and it was very simple to use. The site was very handy and used your resume to auto fill most of the information. It took about a month and a half to hear back. I received an email from a hiring coordinator to schedule an interview. The interview was done through Skype for business and included the HR representative and the IS manager who was hiring. After the interview I was told that it was all they needed. After about a month after the interview I received an offer.

Interview Questions

• Recall a time when you had an unpopular idea that was necessary and how did you go about implementing it.   1 Answer
    • Recall a time when you felt very accomplished   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had to accomplish something on a tight schedule.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Because it was an internship position the salary was unegotiable but the internship included relocation and a fully furnished apartment to share with an intern and events with executives and the other interns.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Amgen (San Francisco, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied through University Website. I got an email exactly a week later. I had my interview about 10 days after that. It was a typical Behavioural interview along with some questions about Project Management and Process Improvement Questions. I then was contacted by one of the two people who interviewed me on LinkedIn, informing me about the offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a situation when yo had to follow strict protocols? How did you go through with it?   1 Answer