Barclays Java Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Barclays Java Developer Interview Questions

Interviews at Barclays

3.4

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY).

Interview

includes 2-3 phone interviews with senior members of the team. Questions range from algorithms to core java/OO & databases depending on the need of the position. Once phone interviews are cleared, you will be invited for an onsite interview which includes 4-5 interviews with team members and director + HR. If all goes well, offer will be extended

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Barclays

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Prague (Czech Republic)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Barclays (Prague (Czech Republic)) in January 2011.

Interview

First round of interview started with a closer look at my CV.
    Second was a phone call with a group leader I should be working for. He asked me about my technical backgrounds in Java, databases, OCMs, design patterns and frameworks.
    Third one was face to face interview with a team leader and his boss describing job, evaluating my personality and wanted to show excitement about the job.
    Fourth was with a team leader and his boss again, this time asking me a bit deeper technical questions about frameworks, GWT, Ajax and so on.
    Fifth one was with a HR discussing salary.

Interview Questions

• Describe and tell the difference amongst table, view and materialized view.   2 Answers
    • What design patterns do you know and which one is your favorite?   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Barclays (Pune (India)) in May 2018.

Interview

I have been interviewed at Barclays, Pune in May-2018.

Interview Process is like below:
    1) Online Exam (Coding + Java MCQ on Hackerearth)
    2) If you clear exam then F2F Technical Round (For some guys they took 2 Technical rounds)
    3) If you clear Technical Round then Values Round (Which will check your behavior)

My Experience:
    I have cleared online exam so they called me for F2F.
    When I reached to the venue I waited for 1 hour (I think it is okay, candidate cannot expect rounds to start instantly), after that they called me for Technical Discussion.
    Technical discussion was very good and it pure technical in Java Language. Sample question are mentioned in below section.

After the technical discussion, they keep me waited for 2-2.5 hours and after that they called me for Values Round. My values round was not good as I am not able to answer accurately their situational questions (Like what will you do if your manager ask you to come in night shift, what will you do if your manager force you to implement wrong solution, etc)

Once Values Round gets over, HR keep me waited for 1 hour (That time was not tolerable) and then he told me You are selected we will call you for documents in next week.

After that 1 week passed, 2 weeks passed, 1 month passed, 2 months passed, still no response. (After a month I understand I was rejected or maybe I was on hold and some other candidate was selected)

I will be totally fine if they were told me that I was rejected/on-hold on the day of interview.

If HR does not have guts to tell the candidate about their result then there is nothing that they can do.

Interview Questions

• Java Collection
      How HashMap works?
      Countdownlatch
      Singleton design patter with code
      Queue using stack
      How to manage counter in multi threaded env (AtomicInteger)
      Data structure for retrieving information based on name (In Millions of records)   Answer Question

Oct 30, 2018 – AVP - HR

Thank you for taking the time out to post your review. Your feedback is valuable to us, and we are really disappointed that you have had such an experience. We regret any delays in the process or... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Barclays (Pune (India)) in January 2018.

Interview

A Online Assessment round on Hacker rank, Comprising of 20-25 MCQ Questions and a Few Coding questions.
    Then a 2:1 Interview round which went for around 1:30 hour.
    The Interview round contained questions related to Core Java, Spring, Hibernate, Database.
    Database design, OOP designing of systems.

Interview Questions

• Designing the database design as well as Class structure as to how would be implement a similar billing process as to D-Mart.   Answer Question

Nov 7, 2018 – AVP - HR

Thank you for taking the time out to post your review. Your feedback is appreciated.

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Barclays (Pune (India)) in January 2018.

Interview

Interview was moderate and HR were really helpful. Process didn't took much time like in other companies. Entire process took arond 5 hours.
    Round 1: MCQ- Core Java, Spring & Hibernate
    Round 2: Coding test
    Round 3: Technical
    Round 4: Behavioural
    Round 5: HR

Nov 7, 2018 – AVP - HR

Thank you for taking the time out to post your review. We appreciate your feedback.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Barclays (Pune (India)) in June 2018.

Interview

GA : 3 tests -English ,Logical and Maths
    Group activities: 5
    F2F Interview

All process is to check you thoroughly , It was exhausting but worth waiting and giving your best. they took few months for the process and didn't declared results yet.

Interview Questions

Barclays Response

Oct 24, 2018 – AVP - HR

Thank you for your inputs.

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Barclays (Pune (India)) in March 2018.

Interview

Following are the rounds and the questions asked in each one of them:
    1 . Technical Round(Basic core JAVA questions)
    2 . Technical Round(Questions from design perspective)
    3 . HR round(Discuss salary)
    4 . Stakeholder Round(Interview with project manager who check your attitude, scenario is given, and how would handle the situation is asked)

Interview Questions

• 1 . OOPS concepts
      2 . 2 types of bindings
      3 . Vehicle parking system. Create tables & classes ith attributes and their data types and explain the reasons behind the thought   Answer Question

Feb 25, 2019 – AVP - HR

Thank you for taking time out to review your interview experience with us.

Java Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Barclays.

Interview

Overall Interview process at Barclays was good.
    The interview consisted of following below rounds:
    1st Round - An MCQ test on PC
    2nd Round - Codility coding Test(1 hour)
    This was followed by Technical & HR rounds.

Interview Questions

• Java MCQ questions were mainly on:
      Exception handling
      Inheritance
      Calculating complexity of a program
      String functions   Answer Question

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Prague (Czech Republic)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Barclays (Prague (Czech Republic)).

Interview

There were two stages. In the first one, we had a call to find out my experiences. The second one was focused on the job description, detailed information and code representation.

Interview Questions

• The questions were about Java in general, Spring, databases.   Answer Question

Java Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Barclays in April 2017.

Interview

The JD mentioned in the mail was completely different. They had requirement for Spring n UI technologies whereas in JD it was mentioned as Struts, JSP, Servlet etc.
    Even day before interview I requested for JD but HR declined saying they can not send JD once again.