Barclays Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 22, 2017
1,471 Interview Reviews

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

I was given a phone interview, the interviewer was very nice and answered all of my questions happily. There was not too much structure to the interview, and basically wanted to know whatever I had to tell him.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Barclays.

Interview

went to a target school and the bank come to campus every year. nice people and friendly on campus recruiting staff. good experience overall. first round on campus and superday at the firm. within a week. typical like all other bulge bracket.

Sanctions Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Barclays.

Interview

The interviewers seemed to play "good cop, bad cop". I spoke with two managers at once. One of which would later become my direct team lead and the other would be the lead of the escalation team. One focused on the details of the position while the other focused on my abilities and qualifications.

Treasury Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

The first interviewwas on the phone with two members of the team, it lasted about 30mns. The second interview was in person at their midtwon office and lasted about 2 hours.

Compliance Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

First interviewer arrived 15-20 minutes late. We then shuffled from one side of the building to the other for another 8 minutes looking for the conference room to conduct the interview. Upon asking her first question "tell me about yourself", she immediately went to texting before I even opened my mouth. She was even yawning periodically (this is professional?). As some point during the comical interview, she asked if I had any questions. I didn't get half of the first question out of my mouth before the individual showed up, at which point I was told, "you can save your questions for them".

The following three individuals I met were pretty decent. They explained the role and asked the standard interview questions. The final individual who I met, based on my time with and impression of her, was not well versed in the English language and was having difficulty understanding my explanation of how I would be a fit for the role, such as, when I stated that I would research applicable regulations of non compliance then analyze and she responded with, "I think you are confused, you are not applying for a Researcher role, we are to monitor the researchers for non compliance". At that point I had to explain that I understood what I was applying for and even went further to define research and analyze in regard to how it applied to the role I was interviewing for.

As the interview drew to a close, I was asked whether I had any questions. I asked two standard questions, followed by one that is usually recommended by recruiters, which is "do you have any reservations about me as a candidate?" 10 times I have asked this question in the past and 10 times I received a direct response. This time, the response was "that is why we are interviewing, to understand the candidates."

Needless to say, I was ready to go home and put this awful interview experience in the rear view mirror.

Interview Questions

• How do you think you would be a fit?
      what do you see as the biggest impact to the industry?
      What do know about the role?
      Answer Question

Barclays Response

Mar 24, 2017 – Head of Resourcing

I am so sorry that you have had a negative experience of our selection process. This is clearly not what we want for our candidates. I will feed this back to our HR team in New York so that they ... More

Business Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Barclays (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

2 rounds - Behavioral + Technical, Resume Based
    For technical questions, they wanted to mainly check your approach and expect you to ask questions about the scenario given. For behavioral questions, they ask you questions on the projects you've in the past.

Interview Questions

• 1. Java program to store data from a file. They wanted to mainly check your approach and were expecting to ask questions about file type, file size, etc. Wanted you to run through your program as you went writing
      2. Why Business Analyst
      3. Behavioral Questions
      Answer Question

Summer Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

It was an online video interview whereby there are some Behavioural questions and 1 question based on what business area you are applying for. There were a total of 5 questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied in early November with a resume and cover letter. Got an email from the recruiter to set up a phone interview about a month later with only a day or two notice before the interview times. Was supposed to hear about next steps within a couple of days after but hadn't heard back for 2 weeks. Had to reach out to a couple different people for them to tell me no. Claimed the application system sent me a notification but it never did.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you have had to practice your conflict resolution skills.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied through university, get on-campus interview in approximately 1 week. General behavioral questions like why Barclays, why position and introduce yourself. Th experience is pretty good, and the interviewers are very nice,

Summer Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY).

Interview

Quick turnaround. Got a call to set up phone interview, had phone interview the next day, got invited for Super Day in NY the following day after the phone interview. Super day consisted of three 30 minute interviews. Mostly behavioral- why Barclays, why finance, strengths/weaknesses, what makes a good intern, conflict on a team. Technical consisted of answering questions about financial statements, what was the company stock price at on NYSE and London Exchange, describe a bank reconciliation, and easy mental math involving percents.

Interview Questions

• If you had a $1 to invest in today, in year 1 you got a 10% gain, in year 2 you had a 10% loss. Do you have more or less than in year 2 then you started off? How much do you have?   3 Answers