Barclays Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,527 Interview Reviews

3.1

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Barclays (Richmond, VA).

Interview

On campus interview conducted at my University, approximately 30 minutes long- mostly behavioral "fit" questions with a few technical questions to measure baseline financial knowledge. These were not that difficult.

Care Relationship Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Barclays (Las Vegas, NV) in June 2017.

Interview

I totally enjoyed being interviewed at Barclays. They make the process serious but easy and they focus a lot on your values, how you behave like a person and if you act with integrity. It is a company with a great history and reputation, and they treat people how they deserve without discrimination. My advice is: go prepared for behavioral questions, know about the company and be yourself, and you will have an opportunity and a lot of growth possibilities.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when your integrity was challenged. What did you do? What was the result?   Answer Question

Human Resources Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY).

Interview

Very quick process, had an introductory phone interview then an in person interview at the NY office. Met with 3 people and had a Q/A with a current analyst.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Barclays? Why are you interested in HR? Which division are you most interested in? What was a time you had to give negative feedback to someone and how did you do it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Barclays.

Interview

You apply online than get an email from an analyst inviting you for a 30 minute chat. Will get an email after that informing whether or not you can participate in the program.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?
      Asked about resume details
      What do you know about Barclays?
      Why Investment Banking?
      Have you talked to anyone at Barclays before?
      Do you have any questions for me? -he did not know very much about the program, just ask general questions
      What other programs are you applying to?

Nothing technical
      Answer Question

Customer Care Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Barclays (Las Vegas, NV) in May 2017.

Interview

The interview was very good they are great they explained what they expected from the employees and a little insight on the company history how to be successful and what to expect daily

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to show integrity in the work place   Answer Question

Care Relationship Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Henderson, NV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Barclays (Henderson, NV) in May 2017.

Interview

Interviewed by two people. You must pass the first interview to get interviewed by the second person. If you pass the second one then you see a recruiter to talk about an offer..

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you changed something to make it better.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

I was given a phone interview, the interviewer was very nice and answered all of my questions happily. There was not too much structure to the interview, and basically wanted to know whatever I had to tell him.

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied through an employee who referred me to this position. A telephonic interview that lasted for 45 mins and questions on general skill for the position and behavioral. An onsite interview with 2 people (Hiring Manager and Another Data Scientist) for 30 mins each. Questions were on my research and I was surprised to know that they don't have any team member with a Ph.D. especially when this position asked for a Doctorate degree. There was a big gap between research and what they were expecting for this position. Two weeks later I had to send a couple of emails to the HR and came to know that I was not considered for this position. Overall the interview process was useless and have the right people who can interview someone with a doctorate degree.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Barclays.

Interview

went to a target school and the bank come to campus every year. nice people and friendly on campus recruiting staff. good experience overall. first round on campus and superday at the firm. within a week. typical like all other bulge bracket.

Sanctions Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Barclays.

Interview

The interviewers seemed to play "good cop, bad cop". I spoke with two managers at once. One of which would later become my direct team lead and the other would be the lead of the escalation team. One focused on the details of the position while the other focused on my abilities and qualifications.