Barclays Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,818 Interview Reviews

3.1

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Henderson, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Barclays (Henderson, NV).

Interview

I took a test online. Then got a phone interview. Then was called to do a face to face interview. At the interview you were told what to expect if you got the job. Then you met with someone that asked several questions

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Barclays.

Interview

Selected for superday (30 minutes back to back to back) after networking with multiple people. It was a very quick process and I accepted the offer on the spot.

Interview Questions

• How do you value a race horse?   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Barclays.

Interview

I applied for internship in India.

The process was something like this:
    1. An aptitude test (verbal and quant) followed by a coding interview consisting of 2 questions.
    2. A stress based HR interview of about 45mins - 1hr.
    3. A technical interview in which the interviewer was sitting with a sheet and asking questions from that.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between String, StringBuilder and StringBuffer?   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Interview

Applied online with resume and GPA, took a behavioral consisting of several hypothetical work scenarios, and questions about what I would do in each scenario, ranking options from best to worst.

Analyst/Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Barclays in December 2017.

Interview

Applied online during the November, 2017. The interview process consists of 3 stages:

The first stage is an online assessment. They send you a link to complete a bunch of multiple choice questions that involve reacting to different scenarios and reading information from articles/figures.

The second part is a one-way online interview. The first half is full of coding questions, similar to what you find on hackerrank. They start easy and generally increase in difficulty as you continue. The second half is similar to the first part; you answer questions regarding different scenarios. You also record yourself answering some standard behavioral questions.

The third part is a Skype interview. There are two of them, each around 45 minutes long. The first is a technical interview, where the interviewer asks you a bunch of questions that test the knowledge listed on your resume. The second half is kind of like a simulation. They give you a report, and you have several minutes to come up with a strategy. They extended me an offer a little over 2 weeks after the last round.

Interview Questions

• Let's say you have no internet and phone. How would you count the gas stations in Atlanta?   Answer Question
    • How does your [Mac/Windows] computer manage memory?   Answer Question
    • Tell me what you know about networks.   Answer Question
    • What's the difference between merge sort and quicksort? Which is faster?   Answer Question
    • What was your favorite question from the coding interview? What's another way to do it?   Answer Question
    • What is a data structure you like? Tell me about a time you used this data structure.   Answer Question

2018 Emerging Technologist Full Time Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Newark, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Barclays (East Newark, NY) in December 2017.

Interview

That is my second step of application, and the first step is an online assessment. In this online interview, I have three kinds of questions, data interpretation, business decision making and respond an e-mail.

Interview Questions

• From the given tables and articles, which product is most worthy to develop? (Multiple Choice)   Answer Question
    • If there comes an unexpected trouble, which will postpone your publish date. What will you do? (1 min 30 sec to prepare, and 3 mins to record your video answer)   Answer Question
    • Given that you choose to postpone your project, write an e-mail letter to your business sponsors to explain the situation. (8 mins)   Answer Question

Developer Interview

Interview

First round contained a HireVue interview which contained coding, behavioral and quantitative type questions. The mail they sent indicated that it would be more behavioral and the coding questions were unexpected. And the entire interview was quite long

Interview Questions

• 5 coding questions asked out of which 4 were dynamic programming   1 Answer

Summer Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Barclays in December 2017.

Interview

One behavior interview and one technical interview. Behavior interview will give you a situation and you need to bring up solutions. Technical interview is very wield, including os, network, C++, java and etc.

Compliance Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY) in December 2017.

Interview

I applied online. A couple of weeks, I got an email for a 30 min phone interview. A week later after the phone interview, I was asked to come to NYC for three 30 minute interviews. After was a Q+A thing current first year analysts. The first was analytical, behavioral, and then the last was leadership, I assume. I knew I wasn't getting an offer after the first interview. The guy asked me tough questions that I wasn't expecting. Also chuckled at my interests on my resume. Everyone was nice though, but after that first experience I couldn't see myself there anyway.

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioral and fit questions. The first interviewer (analytical) asked me interesting theoretical questions about my major.   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY) in December 2017.

Interview

The recruitment process is divided into 4 stages. There were 2 online assessments, 2 interviews followed by onsite business meeting at New York office. Questions were a mixture of numerical analysis, technical and competency based.