Barclays Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 20, 2017
1,710 Interview Reviews

3.1

Developer Interview

Interview

First round contained a HireVue interview which contained coding, behavioral and quantitative type questions. The mail they sent indicated that it would be more behavioral and the coding questions were unexpected. And the entire interview was quite long

Interview Questions

• 5 coding questions asked out of which 4 were dynamic programming   1 Answer

Trader Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Barclays.

Interview

Combination of behavioral questions and markets questions. Nothing particularly surprising, just need to have rehearsed your behavioral answers and be sure that you are familiar with / have an opinion on what's happening in markets at the time of your interview.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about what would cause price changes in a housing market derivative I was not familiar with   1 Answer

Quant Interview

Interview

Case Study...Real life situation and you are asked to how you will react and also solve numerical problems. It runs like a film so you cannot miss anything. It consumes a lot of time so be prepared

Summer Analyst Interview

Interview

Applied through online application and received an email with an invitation for an interview.
    Interviews consisted of 2 rounds of phone interview and super day.

Interview typically based on behavioral and sometimes technical questions.

Sales & Trading Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Barclays.

Interview

I applied through campus website and then had a 30-min phone interview. The interview was very conversational. They asked me general fit and behavioral questions. Why Barcalays? Why sales and trading? What qualities can you bring to us?

Compliance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

You have to first do a business insight assessment, where they give you questions framed around a case. Close enough to real-life compliance work. Requires you to be detail-oriented, and find mistakes among figures given to you. Second round is the video interview. Another case study is presented to you, where you have to give video answers to questions posed to you. This case study is amped up in difficulty, and involves some technical knowledge about compliance regulations.

Interview Questions

• What did you learn from this interview process?   1 Answer

Emerging Technologist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Barclays in November 2017.

Interview

I applied online. I got a link to Business Insight 1. It was situation based multiple choice questions. After completing this, I got a link for Business Insights 2. This included mathematical questions and behavioral questions. I haven't heard back from them after.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Barclays.

Interview

first round was in person. they flew me down to the on site location.
    One superday expeirnce with half hour each of HR and technical interview. very professional and quite easy questions
    hr was general behavioral. technical interview comprised on coding questions.

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY).

Interview

The process was very disorganized and disappointing from start to finish. I was contacted in May for a role and was strung along for 4 months, told I was getting an offer, then nothing. I went in for face to face interviews, both of which ended up getting cancelled after I waited for over 40 mins each time. Not to mention, the video technology which they could not get working. I was very disappointed as the leadership seems great to work with and they are willing to invest in technology and people, but happy in the end because this is probably indicative of the overall employee experience.

Interview Questions

• Typical behavioral questions and specifics about your background.   Answer Question

Vol Quant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Barclays.

Interview

2 rounds of tele-interview and a data programming interview. The interviewers were extremely helpful throughout the process. They constantly guided you on the solutions. Also, you are expected to think out loud in order to make your ideation process clear to the interviewrs.