Barclays Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,498 Interview Reviews

3.1

Human Resources Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY).

Interview

Very quick process, had an introductory phone interview then an in person interview at the NY office. Met with 3 people and had a Q/A with a current analyst.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Barclays? Why are you interested in HR? Which division are you most interested in? What was a time you had to give negative feedback to someone and how did you do it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Barclays.

Interview

You apply online than get an email from an analyst inviting you for a 30 minute chat. Will get an email after that informing whether or not you can participate in the program.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?
      Asked about resume details
      What do you know about Barclays?
      Why Investment Banking?
      Have you talked to anyone at Barclays before?
      Do you have any questions for me? -he did not know very much about the program, just ask general questions
      What other programs are you applying to?

Nothing technical
      Answer Question

Customer Care Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Barclays (Las Vegas, NV) in May 2017.

Interview

The interview was very good they are great they explained what they expected from the employees and a little insight on the company history how to be successful and what to expect daily

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to show integrity in the work place   Answer Question

Care Relationship Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Henderson, NV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Barclays (Henderson, NV) in May 2017.

Interview

Interviewed by two people. You must pass the first interview to get interviewed by the second person. If you pass the second one then you see a recruiter to talk about an offer..

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you changed something to make it better.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

I was given a phone interview, the interviewer was very nice and answered all of my questions happily. There was not too much structure to the interview, and basically wanted to know whatever I had to tell him.

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied through an employee who referred me to this position. A telephonic interview that lasted for 45 mins and questions on general skill for the position and behavioral. An onsite interview with 2 people (Hiring Manager and Another Data Scientist) for 30 mins each. Questions were on my research and I was surprised to know that they don't have any team member with a Ph.D. especially when this position asked for a Doctorate degree. There was a big gap between research and what they were expecting for this position. Two weeks later I had to send a couple of emails to the HR and came to know that I was not considered for this position. Overall the interview process was useless and have the right people who can interview someone with a doctorate degree.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Barclays.

Interview

went to a target school and the bank come to campus every year. nice people and friendly on campus recruiting staff. good experience overall. first round on campus and superday at the firm. within a week. typical like all other bulge bracket.

Sanctions Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Barclays.

Interview

The interviewers seemed to play "good cop, bad cop". I spoke with two managers at once. One of which would later become my direct team lead and the other would be the lead of the escalation team. One focused on the details of the position while the other focused on my abilities and qualifications.

Treasury Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

The first interviewwas on the phone with two members of the team, it lasted about 30mns. The second interview was in person at their midtwon office and lasted about 2 hours.

Compliance Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

First interviewer arrived 15-20 minutes late. We then shuffled from one side of the building to the other for another 8 minutes looking for the conference room to conduct the interview. Upon asking her first question "tell me about yourself", she immediately went to texting before I even opened my mouth. She was even yawning periodically (this is professional?). As some point during the comical interview, she asked if I had any questions. I didn't get half of the first question out of my mouth before the individual showed up, at which point I was told, "you can save your questions for them".

The following three individuals I met were pretty decent. They explained the role and asked the standard interview questions. The final individual who I met, based on my time with and impression of her, was not well versed in the English language and was having difficulty understanding my explanation of how I would be a fit for the role, such as, when I stated that I would research applicable regulations of non compliance then analyze and she responded with, "I think you are confused, you are not applying for a Researcher role, we are to monitor the researchers for non compliance". At that point I had to explain that I understood what I was applying for and even went further to define research and analyze in regard to how it applied to the role I was interviewing for.

As the interview drew to a close, I was asked whether I had any questions. I asked two standard questions, followed by one that is usually recommended by recruiters, which is "do you have any reservations about me as a candidate?" 10 times I have asked this question in the past and 10 times I received a direct response. This time, the response was "that is why we are interviewing, to understand the candidates."

Needless to say, I was ready to go home and put this awful interview experience in the rear view mirror.

Interview Questions

• How do you think you would be a fit?
      what do you see as the biggest impact to the industry?
      What do know about the role?
      Answer Question

Barclays Response

Mar 24, 2017 – Head of Resourcing

I am so sorry that you have had a negative experience of our selection process. This is clearly not what we want for our candidates. I will feed this back to our HR team in New York so that they ... More