Barclays Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 25, 2017
1,438 Interview Reviews

3.1

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Barclays.

Interview

went to a target school and the bank come to campus every year. nice people and friendly on campus recruiting staff. good experience overall. first round on campus and superday at the firm. within a week. typical like all other bulge bracket.

Sanctions Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Barclays.

Interview

The interviewers seemed to play "good cop, bad cop". I spoke with two managers at once. One of which would later become my direct team lead and the other would be the lead of the escalation team. One focused on the details of the position while the other focused on my abilities and qualifications.

Treasury Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

The first interviewwas on the phone with two members of the team, it lasted about 30mns. The second interview was in person at their midtwon office and lasted about 2 hours.

Summer Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

It was an online video interview whereby there are some Behavioural questions and 1 question based on what business area you are applying for. There were a total of 5 questions.

Business Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Barclays (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

2 rounds - Behavioral + Technical, Resume Based
    For technical questions, they wanted to mainly check your approach and expect you to ask questions about the scenario given. For behavioral questions, they ask you questions on the projects you've in the past.

Interview Questions

• 1. Java program to store data from a file. They wanted to mainly check your approach and were expecting to ask questions about file type, file size, etc. Wanted you to run through your program as you went writing
      2. Why Business Analyst
      3. Behavioral Questions
      Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied in early November with a resume and cover letter. Got an email from the recruiter to set up a phone interview about a month later with only a day or two notice before the interview times. Was supposed to hear about next steps within a couple of days after but hadn't heard back for 2 weeks. Had to reach out to a couple different people for them to tell me no. Claimed the application system sent me a notification but it never did.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you have had to practice your conflict resolution skills.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied through university, get on-campus interview in approximately 1 week. General behavioral questions like why Barclays, why position and introduce yourself. Th experience is pretty good, and the interviewers are very nice,

Sophomore Skills-Sales and Trading Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

Applied online, went to NY for super-dayStarted out with a learning session for 2 hours about accounting basics/financial statements and the different types of company valuations to get their stock price. After that there were 3 differnt rotations. 1) 3 back to back 1 on 1 interviews. 2) excel skills training. 3) Networking skills. And a networking event in the last hour of the day. Great event, actually learned something other than just going there and interviewing.

Interview Questions

• General whats going on in the markets right now.   Answer Question
    • If you had to choose a financial statement which one would it be and why? General questions about how to work around and through the financial statements.   Answer Question
    • Pitch a stock, pitch a stock in foreign index.   Answer Question

Java Systems Engineer In Test Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Barclays (Wilmington, DE) in December 2016.

Interview

Quick to the point. My Employer applied for the position on Friday.

Qualified the first round on Monday which was quiet HR phone screening. On thursday, 2 in person interviews got scheduled. 2nd round was more of an attitude and communication screening round. Immediately had 3rd round which was more of technical with three members in panel. Got very positive feedback for my performance which made me stand in top 3 out of 7 candidates. On Friday, got a final call from VP of the company, which was general round with more analytical questions.

Received an offer letter on same day in the evening.

Interview Questions

• 1. How do you convince the developers in your team to deliver the work on time?

2. How do you impress your team lead or members ?
      Answer Question

Summer Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Barclays (New York, NY).

Interview

Quick turnaround. Got a call to set up phone interview, had phone interview the next day, got invited for Super Day in NY the following day after the phone interview. Super day consisted of three 30 minute interviews. Mostly behavioral- why Barclays, why finance, strengths/weaknesses, what makes a good intern, conflict on a team. Technical consisted of answering questions about financial statements, what was the company stock price at on NYSE and London Exchange, describe a bank reconciliation, and easy mental math involving percents.

Interview Questions

• If you had a $1 to invest in today, in year 1 you got a 10% gain, in year 2 you had a 10% loss. Do you have more or less than in year 2 then you started off? How much do you have?   3 Answers