Burlington Stores Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Upper Darby, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (Upper Darby, PA) in May 2018.

Interview

I applied online. 2 weeks later, they emailed me for an interview. it was a group interview, about 5-7 of us. The interview lasted about 30 minutes. A week later, they called and said i got the job.

Interview Questions

• What is your availability?   4 Answers
    • Why do you want to work at Burlington?   3 Answers
    • If you've shopped at Burlington before, what's one thing we could improve on?   2 Answers
    • What would your lat boss say about you?   2 Answers

Overnight Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (Brooklyn, NY) in September 2014.

Interview

Easy enough interview, It was a group interview with basic ''Why should we hire you'' and ''tell me about yourself''. Along with your resume if you get the job you get called back in like a week.

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (Tucson, AZ).

Interview

Quick about 5 minutes you have the job if your getting an interview you go in asked for manager say you have an interview they had me wait for like 40 minutes just for a quick interview and he asked me one question and said welcome, I quit my end day it wasn't for me and they are horrible at traning.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

Manager was nice but completely wasted my time because I was underage. The system online didn't filter out my application and I went all the way over there to interview but I couldn't.

Anonymous Employee in Grapevine, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (Grapevine, TX) in February 2018.

Interview

First, you apply on their website, after you complete the application, there is an assessment that you have to take.

It was about a week before they called me back for an interview, which was done 3 days later.
    Interview process was okay. I met with a manager and she asked me about 7 or questions, it was short and simple answers. They have me an availabily form to fill out and an hour later sent me an offer, and a background check.

Planning and Allocation Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Burlington Stores in March 2015.

Interview

She called me and told me that the positions were already filled. Then she asked me about the store management position that I did not apply for, if I would consider that. I said sure then she explained to me that the positions were similar, but I would be working in a store for the management position. Long story short, she asked me to apply in the Fall because it looks like I am heading towards Supply Chain Role and they are looking for people with a true passion in retail.

Assistant Retail Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hialeah, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (Hialeah, FL) in February 2015.

Interview

Brutal they ask questions that dint had anything to do with job related ,to many people asking one question after another questions .not enough time to cached your breath or to react to the next question .very rough.

Interview Questions

• everything you can imagine.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Burlington Stores in July 2011.

Interview

Interview was one phone interview followed by a face-to-face with a regional team member. Entire process took about a month. Met in a store and sat in a manager's office. No drug or skills test required.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions. .....what would you do if goals aren't met.....etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They offered a little more than what I asked for.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lauderdale Lakes, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (Lauderdale Lakes, FL) in May 2016.

Interview

After waiting (sitting down), I spoke with a member of management in his office. He was normal, fine. Questions were asked related to the position, experience, schedule availability. The assistant manager position I applied for wasn't available, though. I settled with a part time cashier/customer service position. I'll see how things play out.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Burlington Stores in April 2013.

Interview

Basic phone interview with recruiter, then interview with hr and finally an interview with store manager or regional manager, most interviews were over the phone and conversation was very easy and comfortable.

Interview Questions

• What has driven your success in previous jobs?   1 Answer

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (Minneapolis, MN) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview consisted of three hour plus long phone interviews. The hiring manager was experienced and professional. In addition there were several internet assessments. The assessments included personality and leadership type questions. Also included in the assessment were some very tough math, charting and algebraic type questions. Additional phone interviews were with market HR and market operations manager.

Interview Questions

• Interview questions were not hard but the on-line assessment was very difficult.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. They met my salary