Burlington Stores Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Burlington Stores Interview Questions

Updated Jan 11, 2018

1.9

Stores Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Burlington Stores.

Interview

I applied through their website and a member of the HR Team reached out to me via e-mail to schedule a telephone screening. I replied 3x and the representative went completely silent, despite actively posting other positions on their LinkedIn profile. Seemed a bit unprofessional and time wasting.

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (Orlando, FL).

Interview

Phone interview with guy from corporate and 2 store managers . Was horrible felt like I was on trial . If treated like that on the phone can't imagine how they treat there associates

Stock Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Burlington Stores.

Interview

Interview was good got to learn more about the job. To me just stay to yourself and do your best every time. The hiring manager was an good talker and she get straight down to business.

Interview Questions

• My name, where did you last work and I got the job.   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Brief, mainly behavioral questions. Sales questions and situational questions pertaining to store situations. Not too much to worry about, just be yourself and smile and try to make a good impression!

Assistant Buyer Development Program Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Burlington Stores in December 2017.

Interview

4 Hours long consisting of an introduction/group exercise followed by 4 consecutive interviews and a 45 min. shadowing session. 3 interviews were normal if not pleasant but the third one was rather unusual. Made me wait outside his office for five minutes with the guide while he attended to other unscheduled business. He then preceded to interview me without having looked over my resume. The entire interview was spent with me explaining the entire thing to him and him asking me about projects and my thoughts on other retailers instead of my experience. Every answer I gave he seemed quite displeased with despite the fact that I had done my research prior. He asked me about my flaws and never asked me about what I could bring to the company so it seemed he made up his mind already. I got the call three days later that they would not be offering me the position despite the fact that they had stressed to me that there were positions open for everyone. When I asked where I had performed poorly the woman on the phone could not collect her thoughts and told me she would have to call me back with the interviewers feedback...Which she still has not done. The whole thing seemed somewhat shady and really left a negative impression of a decent company. It's a shame since everyone except the one man seemed very friendly. Not sure what they are looking for since they are incapable of offering feedback.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Burlington Stores.

Interview

The interview process was laid back and I felt comfortable. They want to know if you are able to handle rude customers on a daily basis. They want to know if you are going to be a right fit for the position because you interact with so many people on a day to day basis.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a rude customer?   1 Answer

Fitting Room Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Taylor, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (Taylor, MI).

Interview

It wasn't an interview, the interviewer was 45 minutes late (I got there 15 minutes early but they were still half an hour late), we went to a private room for the interview and I wasn't really asked a single question except about my availability (I dont want to work weekends so I was explaining how some are perfectly fine just not every single weekend). I applied to be a fitting room attendant but they needed people to organize stock in the back instead so she asked if I was okay with that and I said sure but then she just said okay and started taking my info for the mandatory background check and when I left just explained that it should go through soon and to be there at 7am on monday for orientation/training. I tried to ask how many hours total i'd be working since she said due to holidays it'd be alot but was just told it'd be 8 hours day, but I wont know till that morning if I'm going to be working a full 8 hours or not which is a problem because I dont drive and rely on rides from family. So overall waited at the register for 45 minutes, was offered a different job than what i applied for and was hired on the spot with no real questions asked of me. I wasn't really given a chance to turn down the offer because it was somewhat of a whilrwind but I have other interviews so i'll most likely be calling back and turning it down.

Interview Questions

• Wasn't asked any questions so I don't have any to list   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Elizabeth, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (Elizabeth, NJ).

Interview

Applied online and received an email and call a few days after requesting an in-person interview. The interview itself was really easy, it was a 1-on-1 interview with one of the managers that was there at the time. Got offered the position via call a few days after the interview.

Stock Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Burlington Stores.

Interview

Arrived 5 minutes early, the manager took me to the back and asked a list of basic questions. It took maybe 15 minutes. The questions were mainly about if I had any goals and any experience I had that could be applied to the job

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stockton, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (Stockton, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

Applied online, got a call a week later to set up an interview. The interview was easy and went well, got a second interview same day with the manager. Hired me on the spot talked about salary, dress code and that I just need to complete the background check and that they will call me for orientation. A week and a half went by and no call so decided to call and they told me they went with a different candidate, I was in shock, I got no call from them when they made that decision. Overall it was very unprofessional to tell someone that they got the job but then....