Burlington Stores Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Burlington Stores Interview Questions

Updated Feb 20, 2017

1.9

Warehouse Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Burlington Stores.

Interview

It's a joke! Temporary employee first than work your way until hired on, the whole Warehouse is a joke management is not loyal. I recommend go to learn skills then leave

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied online two days later i got a call from the local store manager where she scheduled me in for an interview the very next day at noon. I walked into the store i had applied to and asked for the manager by name where i was taken to her office. it was a group interview but your situation may differ. It was me and five others (a group of six in total) (we had all applied to different open positions). . Then she walked through our daily tasks wages and expectations. Afterwards we all stood up and the manager congratulated all of us on our new jobs.

2 days later i received an email congratulating me followed by another email asking for personal information for a background check (social security, name, address etc.) shortly after on the same day i received a username and password (keep this handy for your orientation day) to access the companies employees website. You're going to have to login as soon as you receive your credentials and complete all the forms sent to you through the employees website (emergency contacts, personal contact info, personal info, tax info, etc.)

the next day i receive a call to come in for my orientation that same day. i am given my employee card, name tag and i take a "test" on a computer. after completion i'm given my schedule and i'm all good to start working the following week.

- I hope this was helpful to you (reader) spread the kindness and post your experience for other new people interested in a similar job :)

Interview Questions

• "let's go around the group in order and just say your name and why you want to work with us also feel free to tell us about any prior costumer service experience"   1 Answer

Stock Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Racine, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (Racine, WI).

Interview

It was simple. I was contacted about coming to interview. The same day as I submitted my application. During the interview the Manager told me that I was not suppose to talk about wages with other employee which is a federal rules. When I brought this up to him he said it was in the employee rule book. This is not true. I would look out for this location. I was offered the job and I took it. I don't recommend working at this location.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Independence, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (Independence, MO) in January 2017.

Interview

Completed my application online a couple of days received a call for an interview. The interview was a group interview with the district manager, store manager and assistant manager. After the district manager showed us around the store

Layaway Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied online and got a call the next day to schedule an interview for 3 days later. I got the job on the spot and started a week and a half later.

Receiving Interview

Anonymous Employee in Slidell, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (Slidell, LA).

Interview

Thorough. Explained limited hours. Seemed positive about moving up in the company. Was clear on the limited hours of the position but also said I had to be available up to 2 pm.

Interview Questions

• Availability for 6 am shift   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

Applied online, got a call back to go in the next day at 12. There was other applicants there, I would say about 10. The interviewer gave generic questions, the first being why do you want to work there. Nothing to stress about as I came to find out. The managers were very respectful and outgoing.

Interview Questions

• What does customer service mean to you?   1 Answer

Assistant Buyer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (Burlington, NJ) in December 2016.

Interview

The interview process was an appropriate length. From submitting an online application, to emailing directly with a recruiter, to phone screening, finally to a round robin style interview day. The interview day was 9am-1pm. Starting with group discussions, we analyzed how we would rate a sample product on an FQBP scale. Then followed up with 4 individual one-on-one interviews. It was good to get a few different perspectives from representatives all at different stages of their career. For the remainder of the time we shadowed a current assistant buyer and were about to ask any questions with them as well. After concluding the day, we were told we would be notified within two days. I received my offer over the phone two days later and accepted!

Interview Questions

• What makes you want to work for Burlington Stores?   Answer Question
    • How does your past experience apply to this position?   1 Answer
    • Who are your biggest fashion influencers?   1 Answer
    • How do you keep up with fashion trends?   1 Answer

Stock-Merchandise-Flow Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (Birmingham, AL).

Interview

I applied online and was contacted a week later for an interview. The interview consisted of a 25-30 minute tour of the store by the assistant manager and what the particular position entailed. I was then brought into the store manager’s office where he went over my application and asked me one question “why should I hire you”? Basically, I was hired pending a background check. My background check cleared a few days later and I was set to work.

Customer Service Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

Apply online. Get called in for an interview. Mine was with 2 Managers. They asked several common sense questions and some questions about my past experience. Then explained the wait for the background check and coming in for E Learning.(This time was paid)

Interview Questions

• What do you think is great customer service? Give an example of a problem customer and how you handled the situation.   Answer Question