Burlington Stores Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 17, 2017

2.0

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Flint, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (Flint, MI).

Interview

Interviewed with Store Manager, District Manager and than Regional Manager. While I was offered the position right away, the district manager lost my application, twice. It took almost a month before I actually started.

Interview Questions

• About previous experience, a lot of time spent on customer service and problem solving   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marlton, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (Marlton, NJ).

Interview

Burlington applications were extremely long drawn out applications. If you apply for a store based positron you will have to take a test to see if you qualify, the majority of this year is questions like: "I have never broken a rule: Strongly Disagree, Slightly Disagree, In Between, Slightly Agree, or Strongly Agree" or "I sometimes misplace things: Strongly Disagree, Slightly Disagree, In Between, Slightly Agree, or Strongly Agree." If you don't pass this test, you'll never even be called to interview. I have worked for Marshalls for quite a few years and was told I did not pass the test (I wasn't supposed to be told that). So ending, they rather employees who can pass a test more than ones who have actually proven the job at another off price retailer.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult customer?   Answer Question

Loss Prevention Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Three step interview: First you interview with direct supervisor, then the regional manager, and finally with the store manager. Sometimes you may get away with only interviewing with two of them.

Interview Questions

• Describe a point in time when you were able to bring a confrontational situation to a controlled situation by thinking outside of the box.   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Burlington Stores in July 2017.

Interview

Received a phone call from HR, progressed to two phone interviews with current store managers and then a final interview with the rvp. Found out at the end that they have zero vacation. 5 sick days, 6 floating holidays and then 5 days that they give back to you after they make you work 6 days a week during 4th quarter.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Burlington Stores.

Interview

Very simple process, I applied online and got a call about a week later asking to come in for an interview. At the interview some simple questions were asked and they said I just had to fill out a background check form that would be emailed to me, and after that was done that they would call back to schedule orientation.

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Burlington Stores.

Interview

Had to go through 7....that is SEVEN interviews to get the position. Last 2 were in person, all others via phone.
    I applied for an ASM position, that I was overqualified for, but thought I would get my name in the hat in case there was something open I was not aware of. Turned out that local store manager was moving & his position had not even been posted yet, so when he did his interview, he passed on to the HR, etc. that I should have his job. Then the interview process picked up from there for the Store Manager position.

Markdown Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (Rochester, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

The interview process was fairly easy considering that there were about 6 other people they were interviewing the same day I was. The manager was really nice and she helped to alleviate my nervousness because this was my first time working in retail sales. I have another job but I didn't have to really go through an extensive interview and I already knew everyone there, unlike at Burlington. But it went really well and I heard back from them within a few days.

Internal Audit Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Burlington Stores.

Interview

Very fair and casual. The interviewer was very informative on topics related to Burlington and didn't ask any trick questions. I first interviewed with a director and a manager at my university, next round was a 1:1 with HR at corporate office, third round was with a senior and associate, and the last round was with the VP of internal audit.

Front End Developer/Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, NJ

Interview

I received an email from The Sr. Corporate Recruiter that she wanted to phone interview me for 15 minutes. I told her when I was available and she never answered me until the next week. I then told her I was available that day and again she never called me. She then asked me if I was available Friday, which I told her I wasn't I was only available Tuesday. She called me on Friday and I tried to call back within five minutes after her call. She never called me back or answered my email. Meanwhile this job is still listed a month after that incident. I then emailed her again and still no response!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (Orlando, FL) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online for the position, and then about two and a half weeks later received a phone call asking if I was still interested. I was asked to come in at 1:30, and then once I got there was asked to wait on a bench by the front door of the store. My interviewer was about 20 minutes late, though he did apologize for it.

The actual interview was pretty standard, if a bit perfunctory. My interviewer asked me a few questions, then talked about the store and how things worked. I asked a few questions about scheduling and dress code, which he answered. It was a little impersonal, but I could understand given that I was the second to the last interview that this man had, and he had been doing interviews for three days at that point.

Overall, it wasn't the best interview I've ever had, but it wasn't the worst. It was informative, and I walked out with a very good idea of what I would be signing on to if I said yes.