Burlington Stores Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Burlington Stores Interview Questions

Updated Sep 19, 2017

2.0

Cashier Interview

Interview

The HR brings you into and room and asks the basic questions. I got the job on the spot which probably should have been an indicator that there is a high turnover rate.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Burlington Stores.

Interview

They called me into the managers office. I sat and was asked a list of general questions. The manager was nice but short so it was hard to read his reactions. overall it was a fair interview.

Interview Questions

• where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Merchandising Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Port Saint Lucie, FL

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (Port Saint Lucie, FL) in September 2017.

Interview

The hiring process was a simple one on one. They call you in, you go into a private room. They ask you question just to get to know you better.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Burlington Stores.

Interview

Very simple. One-on-one with one of the managers in the store. They give you a brief description of what your job duties would be and ask if you would be able to work weekends, holidays, black Friday, ect. They ask you a few questions about your previous job experience and you're done. They pretty much let you know if you got the job on the spot and if you did, they immediately send you a email regarding a background check and other tasks you need to complete before your start date.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Initial interview with territory recruiter. Next interview was in person with regional hr manager and regional operations manager. Final was with regional vice president. All standard interviews. All of the questions were standard to what the position requires.

Interview Questions

• What previous experience makes you the right candidate for the job?   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (Houston, TX).

Interview

Your going to possibly interview with up to 7 individuals asking situational, behavior and outcome line of questions to determine your leadership style. All interviewers are pleasant and really emphasizes on connecting with you.

Sales Floor Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kennesaw, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (Kennesaw, GA).

Interview

I got called about a week after I applied. I came in for an interview I believe the next day and was told at the end of the interview to look for a background check in my e-mail. I did the background check and passed and was told that I'd be getting something else in my e-mail pertaining to the whole proving you can work in the U.S. I never received the e-mail. I got the background check and should have had no problem receiving the other e-mail. I called the store and was told repeatedly that the e-mail was sent out by H.R. I asked after at least I think a week if they can just phone H.R. and have them re-send the e-mail and they said, "No," which to me sounded odd. I eventually told them that I have never encountered this kind of problem with any company I have applied to. It was so ridiculous that I started wondering if they were lying and just didn't want to hire me because my work schedule. Assistant managers/store managers are always able to contact H.R. and have them re-send things or have H.R. give them permission to print the document off to sign in person.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you made a mistake and what you did about it.   1 Answer
    • I was asked about my work schedule. It said on their web site that they are flexible but it certainly did not seem that way when I had my interview.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Burlington Stores.

Interview

it was over skype. didn't take long the question were not hard. regular situational questions such as what did you do in this situation walk us through why you chose that and what were the results. since i was from college we talked a lot about what was on my resume and my experience i had in leadership .

Interview Questions

Interview

I applied online to a new store that was going to be opening soon. 1-2 days later I got a phone call inviting me to an interview. The lady read questions off a piece of paper. They were standard and basic. The availability was a bit of a problem for me. I can only work weekdays, but the lady said I would be required to work some weekends. She told me I could request off if I needed a weekend or two off. I personally didn't like it, but I accepted it because I needed a job. If anything, I would just look for something else while working at Burlington. I basically got hired on the spot. She gave me my orientation and training dates and said she would email me a background check form for me to fill out.
     Personally, I felt like the lady didn't really care what my answers were. She just needed people for the new store.

Stock Flow Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Compton, CA

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (Compton, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

They asked mostly situational questions and it was a two part interview. One with a supervisor the other with the store manager. They asked about availability and what position you were interested in.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you received good customer service.   Answer Question