Burlington Stores Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Burlington Stores

1.9

1. Featured Interview

Analyst Interview

Interview

A very structured process that was well planned and well organized. They were very polite and considerate of every candidate, including myself. I would recommend attending should you receive an invitation to interview.

Interview Questions

• Generally, generic interview questions pulling information from my resume or typical questions.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (New York, NY) in May 2020.

Interview

They scheduled a 11a.m interview with me , I arrived at 10:50 a.m . I let a associate know I was there for a interview and she let a member of management know right in front of me, the member of management looks right at me and says " oh another" she rolled her eyes and walked away. The associate ask me too have a seat in the front of the store next to the manager office. I patiently waited and waited while mangers kept walking right pass me . By 11:30 a.m I walk up too the supervisor which was a few feet from me at the register doing something with a bunch of hangers. I let her know my interview was for 11:00 a.m and its now 11:30 a.m. She said "The manager that was suppose too do your interview left 10 minutes ago and they will probably give you a call next week". I can't believe how rude this location was. Waste of my time!!!!!

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Concord, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (Concord, NC).

Interview

The interview process was super easy. They just wanted to know your availability so they could get you in to work lol. They asked if I had experience in retail even though it didn't matter because it's an entry level part time job. I did negotiate my pay which I highly recommend for this position.

Internship Interview

Interview

Very simple, a lot of behavioral questions. Really conversational and laid back. They get to know you as a person during the interview to see if you would be a good fit.

Interview Questions

• Describe one time you failed.   1 Answer

Assistant Buyer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (Philadelphia, PA) in February 2020.

Interview

It was very friendly and conversational. I met with the head recruiter and it lasted about 30-40 minutes. The interview was through video chat and she asked me in depth questions about my work experience and how it would apply to the job applied for.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time in the last 12 months when you overcame a difficulty and how you resolved it.   1 Answer

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (Burlington, NC) in February 2020.

Interview

It was about 5-9 minutes. I had to wait for someone to be able to interview me. I was not told exactly what my position was going to be. She said that my paid rate was not yet set. She had to talk to the store manager.

Loss Prevention Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parma, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (Parma, OH) in February 2020.

Interview

Resume uploaded to their website. Received text with link to answer a few questions. The chat stated “unknown error code” please try again shortly. Next day, chat had same error and I received email “they are pursuing other candidates” I am disappointed with their hiring process. I have 15yrs of Law Enforcement Experience that they just passed on.

Interview Questions

• To help us quickly respond to your application, click the “chat link” in this text message.   1 Answer

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Land O' Lakes, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (Land O' Lakes, FL).

Interview

Pathetic. Brought in to interview, suited up. Printed up my resume and drove over an hour. Let the cashier know I was there and was asked to sit outside and wait... ? After about 20 min a security guard came out and announced the hiring manager instantly became so ill she lost her voice and would not be able to speak. The security guard would be handling the interview.
    I kid you not.
    I follow the security guard into a closet type area other people are doing some on boarding, testing type things on computers. It was awkward. Security guard begins asking random questions. It was painfully obvious I was simply dumped in hope I would go away. I finally stop and ask the guard what’s going on? And perhaps I should come by at another time. ( he doesn’t bother to ask my name )

He leaves, comes back and tells me the manager will call me. Me: “ I thought she instantly fell ill and had no voice”? Guard: “she must have recovered and got better”. Mind you he was beet red. I got up and left, let guard fellow know to relay a message that this entire fiasco was disrespectful not only as a candidate, but as a human being.

Any manager that cannot get up to greet a candidate, or call to cancel is not a representative of someone I want to work for. Topped with the pathetic “I lost my voice fell ill and recovered 10 min later”?

Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Burlington Stores.

Interview

The interview was very casual. I submitted an online application and had a resume to take the interview only because it helped explain that I was returning to the workforce after years away. I came in and answered a few questions the Manger asked if I had any. I was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• If I had any previous retail experience.   1 Answer
    • If I was able to be on my feet and keep moving for the entire day.   Answer Question

Receiving Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Mesa, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (La Mesa, CA).

Interview

Waited a few minutes at the front of the store. A group of four people were let to the manager's office. Asked questions by the manager. Seemed kinda weird as the questions were very general.