CBRE Building Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

CBRE Building Engineer Interview Questions

2.2

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CBRE (Houston, TX).

Interview

Panel Interview which took about 2 hours. Was told about company, Job & Responsibilities, Compensation & PTO in which you accrue a certain amount of hours per 40 work week you work. Of Course it was a bit nerve racking at first but the panel showed great interest in the interview and asked situational questions but I believe that was because of my work history.

Interview Questions

• Job history, Skills, and Why I would be a great addition to the team.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for CBRE

Building Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at CBRE.

Interview

There was none. CBRE won the contract and carried over all employees from previous contract holder. Submitted background check. Took forever to have everything processed and receive job offer. Many had issues with their college education submissions (due to campuses closing, etc). They hired everyone, except one individual. They did not care about work experience or performance.

Interview Questions

• There were no questions, just a background check.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Nothing was up for negotiation. Carried the same pay from previous employer. Benefits were not as good, so almost like a step-down, despite being the same job at the same place.

Anonymous Employee in Hebron, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CBRE (Hebron, KY) in February 2015.

Interview

They just ask you basic questions about building maintenance. They will ask you a list of 10 questions to see what you know and then check off on a list. If you pass they will move you on. Very simple process just the reference part is hard.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about ballast?   1 Answer

Building Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CBRE.

Interview

Phone interview, hiring manager phone interview, hiring manager face to face interview, offer given, drug tested, deep background check investigation, got the ok from HR and Hiring Manager for first day.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Sell yourself and dont settle for ok. Be reasonable and explain why you deserve a suitable salary.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at CBRE (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Set up for the interview through a recruiting agency conference. Second interview of the day out of five and found it to be the most enjoyable, interviewer did really well at setting the tone of the interview and asked the best questions that I think directly relate to the job.

Interview Questions

• Situation question involving how I would prioritize different issues related to the job arising at the same time. "If the president of the company were giving a speech in one room and complained that the room was too warm, at the same time one of the main cooling towers developed major issues, also while one of the toilets began flooding a bathroom on one of the floors. Where would you begin? How would you prioritize this situation?"   Answer Question

I didn't really "decline" the recruiting agency that I was working with pushed other offers because they were ready to get me started asap and didn't seem interested in letting me follow up with CBRE.

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CBRE (San Antonio, TX) in June 2009.

Interview

Asked normal questions on skill and behavior seen throughout the field. First interview was a phone interview with HR and then a second with the hiring manager. Third interview was at the job location and received the offer that day. Process took about two weeks total.

Interview Questions

• Some behavior questions were unexpected as they didnt seem to match with the position. But they do assist with filling personnel for a good team fit   Answer Question

Building Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CBRE.

Interview

A couple of phone interviews were done.
    One face to face interview was the last step before the offer was extended to me

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in five years   1 Answer

Negotiation

N/A