CBRE Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 14, 2017

2.7

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at CBRE (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Applied online. Received an email from the assistant to the VP of Digital Transformation asking me for a time for a phone conversation with the VP. The conversation was very friendly and positive. We agreed to move forward for an on-site interview. I interviewed with three people: another VP, a data scientist, and the same VP. The VP said to me he would need two days max to return back to me.

The interview was easy. The first two did not know much of data science themselves and I tactfully corrected their wrong questions without offending them. A clear lack of understanding.

A month passed and no answer.

Then an email feedback saying that though the VP enjoyed talking to me, the other two interviewers gave negative feedback about me and the HR will follow this through. This is pathetic as one of these two shook hands with me and said he enjoyed the interview and that no one spoke the language of math there during his tenure at CBRE.

Interview Questions

• How do you use DFT in data science feature engineering?   Answer Question

Facilities Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at CBRE in December 2017.

Interview

HR Called for a phone screening, said she would forward my information to hiring manager. Hiring manager called me 1 day after and asked technical related questions about the job, and about my experience. The hiring manager then told me he would forward my information to the interviewer. Was called same day by the interviewer's office to schedule interview the next day. Showed up 15 minutes early. Was put in a waiting room for about 5 minutes, and met the interviewer. Interview kicked off. Offered position directly after interview by hiring manager.

Escrow Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at CBRE (Houston, TX) in December 2017.

Interview

Applied online and a recruiter reached out to me a month or so after. Scheduled a phone interview with her and we talked for 20 minutes. Super easy and we basically talked about my background. Then we scheduled an in person interview 3 days later. In person interview was with 3 people. None of the typical interview questions were asked like “what’s your biggest weakness”. The interview basically consisted of me talking about myself, my college experience, my family, my background. Once that interview was done, they got another manager to come interview me and we talked about myself again. I felt like I was just sitting with some coworkers talking about my life in both interviews. Very relax environment

Assistant Real Estate Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CBRE (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

The interview took about an hour and the questions were to the point. Primarily asked about past experience, he also threw in a random question to catch me off guard. He also went into detail expectations along with the responsibilities of the position.

Interview Questions

• What are some of your strengths?   1 Answer

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CBRE (Washington, DC).

Interview

The hiring process was standard but incredibly drawn out. By the time they narrowed down the serious candidates I had become disinterested with the company and the opportunity. The interview panel was nice and very professional.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CBRE.

Interview

Easy enough pretty straightforward. no curve balls which is really nice and they were able to move the process along efficiently. would recommend 10/10 or maybe next time if you were looking for consulting you could go elsewhere. up to you

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at CBRE (Phoenix, AZ) in November 2017.

Interview

The interview process was initiated with a phone conversation of which subsequently a schedule of in person interview was completed. Face to face Interview with Program Managers that lasted approximately one hour thirty minutes.

Interview Questions

• How does your background/ qualifications align with this position?   Answer Question
    • What are your current responsibilities in your present position?   Answer Question
    • Tell me of a stressful work situation and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • How well do you handle complex problems and ability to multitask?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CBRE (San Diego, CA).

Interview

More conversational than standard Interview. Employees are looking to get to know you versus knowing your "strengths and weaknesses." In addition, there is a diverse group that interviews you so prepare for multiple types of conversations.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at CBRE.

Interview

Employee referral- I had 1 in person interview and 2 phone interviews within a week span. Everyone was very nice and responsive to follow up... until they weren't. After about 2 weeks all communication stopped and after 6 long weeks, I got a generic form email rejection.

Production Analyst Interview

Interview

The most unprofessional experience I've ever had. They only gave me a phone call using one of the phones from their common meeting room (can't be traced), no email confirmation or anything. When I arrived, no one at the office seemed to know that someone should come out and do the interview, and the girl at front desk couldn't find the interviewer, as he didn't use his personal phone, so I waited for 15 minutes until finally the guy who called me came out. It seemed like he just wanted to wrap up the whole thing, with absolutely no comments on my answers and one or two sentences on the questions I asked him. No doubts that the result will be negative, but I do not want to continue the process anyway.