CBRE Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

1. Featured Interview

Associate Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CBRE (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

Very simple process and the interviewers made me feel comfortable. Only had 2 interviews, one over the phone and then the backpack to briefcase event. The B2B event was very insightful, learned a lot about CBRE, experienced a day in the life of an Associate Accountant with a mentor, and then closed with a an interview with 2 Accounting Managers.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you inspired someone.   1 Answer

Commercial Real Estate Broker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CBRE (Nashville, TN) in March 2013.

Interview

CBRE offers a full time position as an associate broker or real estate sales person for the serious career seeker who wants to work with the best in the business. Entry level people are paired with senior people and very well trained and mentored. Their pledge of having unlimited income opportunities are real. The entry position is generally 100 percent commission based but the often offer an annual draw against commissions to help get you started. The process begins by being introduced to the Managing Broker by an active sales broker. Generally, you will meet with several professionals within the specific market sector you chose: office retail, medical, or industrial properties. If that process goes well they will ask you to take a written test. This will be a separate appointment. The test is an assessment of your personality and temperament propensities that estimate how successful you will be at the business and takes several hours to complete. The Managing Broker will then meet with you to discuss the results of the test and address the firms interest in training you. If they properly prepare a training program for you and pair you with a successful senior broker then you are being offered an opportunity of real value. CBRE is the largest full service commercial real estate firm in the world with a highly recognized brand and reputation.

Interview Questions

• "Why did you leave your latest job or position with xyz company?"
      "Describe a conflict or difficult relationship you had with a co-worker or superior and how you handled it. What would you do differently in retrospect?"   Answer Question

Decided to pursue a salaried corporate position

Commercial Real Estate Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CBRE.

Interview

I was asked to do an Online Interview. They display questions, then give you 60 seconds for you to prepare a reply. Your responses are timed. Usually 60 seconds - 90 seconds. There were about 10 questions. Using a webcam, they record your responses. Typical behavioral interview questions. You can re-do the interview once.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you took initiative. Tell us a time about working in an environment where you had an issue with upper management. What did you do in this situation? Mostly behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Contract Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CBRE (Redmond, WA) in January 2016.

Interview

I actually forgot I had applied to the position, and received an email to set up a phone screen. I was going out of town on a preplanned trip and they were accommodating of my weird availability. I set up the first in person that day and had the first in person the following week after I returned. I was really comfortable with the team and the job, went through to the second round of interviews but wasn't chosen for the position.

Contract Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at CBRE (Detroit, MI) in August 2014.

Interview

30 Minute phone interview covering the basics of the job and details of the location of the job. Next, was brought in for an in-person interview with direct hiring manager and co-worker. Hiring manager asked most, if not all, the questions. Lastly, I was brought in for an additional interview with another Senior Manager and Director of account.

Interview Questions

• They asked me questions from my resume, and to explain items to them   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CBRE (San Francisco, CA) in February 2011.

Interview

I got through the first interview on campus grounds with a CBRE broker and another person from HR. If you got through, they will inform you about the second round of interview which is at the office site you'll be working at. Great working culture for those who loves aspects of sales/ marketing in real estate, or are entrepreneurial in nature. Always have the attitude of constant learning and challenging the status quo. CBRE employees take pride in what they do, and genuinely love doing what they do.

Interview Questions

• Can't remember them. But they're easy behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Have a good idea of what value you can offer to the company during the interview process. CBRE may not pay as much as competing companies, but once you're in, the company takes good care of you, work culture is great and there are opportunities to try out different departments.

Associate Interview

Interview

Interview questions regarding personality/interest in the company.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at CBRE.

Interview

Intense. Multiple phone interviews, 5+ in person interviews and much needed persistence on my end. Need to show true dedication to not only CBRE but the Real Estate Industry as a whole through leveraging other interviews/offers in the industry. Interviewers have very busy schedule so need to be able to accommodate them throughout the process. Lengthy but thorough process that really drills down to who you are as a business man and how you will fit in with the company. Willingness to sacrifice for the great good of the company/yourself long term is key

Interview Questions

• Explain all details of resume. Where do you see yourself in the industry? why?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at CBRE in November 2014.

Interview

I worked with a talent acquisition agency. My first round by phone with an agency recruiter. We talked through my interest in the position and how it relates to my background. The second interview was in person at their offices. This interview delved deeper into my background and mainly focuses on my transferable skills. The third interview was over the phone with a CBRE recruiter. We discussed my background, interests and questions I had. I have been invited to a fourth round interview in person at the their offices.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in CBRE?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CBRE (Minneapolis, MN) in February 2017.

Interview

Not too technical, but expect at least a few questions related to your specific area of expertise. Mostly covered personality and goals, what you expect from a good work environment, what your career expectations are.

Interview Questions

• Explain the difference between an accounting system that uses a cash basis versus an accrual basis system.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at CBRE (Washington, DC) in June 2014.

Interview

Informal, some technical questions, but mostly just ask about items on resume. Positions open to people with prior experience or no experience. Most of it is based on personality/fit.