CDK Global Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

1. Featured Interview

Software Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CDK Global (Seattle, WA) in February 2017.

Interview

4 person loop, 4 hours.
    One covered CSS, had two assignments to test your CSS abilities.
    One covered JSON Objects, gave an assignment to create a live search over a JSON Object.
    One covered JavaScript, gave an assignment to change jQuery into native on an HTML button.
    One asked about how you do in certain situations, and about operational topics.

Interview Questions

• How would you help the dealers user experience in adding 3rd party vendors to their site?   Answer Question

Dec 1, 2017 – Director, Talent Acquisition

Hello and thank you for taking the time to review your interview experience with CDK. Very happy to have you onboard!

Lead Generation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hoffman Estates, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CDK Global (Hoffman Estates, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

I had an initial phone interview which I was told was the most important. In my in person interview, almost all of the managers were in the room and asking questions. Felt very intense, but they were all very nice.

Software Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CDK Global (Seattle, WA) in July 2016.

Interview

I didn't make it far into the interview process. I was contacted by a corporate recruiter and the 1st question I was asked after "How are you?" was "What is your current salary" followed by "What do you want to make?"

I don't know about anyone else but I find this very off-putting and frankly rude. I've been asked this question before but maybe towards the end of an interview or at some other point in the interview process. To be asked this question as the 1st question is to me a red flag. It shows the company really isn't interested in hiring quality people. They are only interested in finding someone who is willing to work for a lower wage than they are worth. They immediately want to remove any negotiating power from their candidates.

I only made it a couple of more questions into the interview until the recruiter accused me of wasting her time because I didn't match the job description / wishlist 100%.

I don't expect I will be hearing back from CDK Global.

Interview Questions

• What is your current salary?   1 Answer

Sep 2, 2016 – Director Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your feedback. Establishing salary expectations is an important part of the process but I definitely agree this isn’t the first question we want you to hear. As a result of your... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CDK Global (Seattle, WA) in March 2010.

Interview

Its HR called me first for very basic info, then inviting me for a person2person interview. each of 2 team leaders spent less than 30 minutes asking narrow focused and trivial questions, and gave out the impression that they were hiring a lot and with a broad spectrum of various jobs. In short, almost sounds too good to be true. Then never heard back from them again.

Anonymous Employee in Hilliard, OH

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CDK Global (Hilliard, OH) in December 2008.

Interview

easy interview process, no hard technical questions

Interview Questions

Negotiation

offer was slightly negotiable

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at CDK Global (Seattle, WA) in October 2010.

Interview

It consisted of
    30 min Phone screen
    1 hr assessment test after the phone screen
    3 hrs of on-site interviews with 7 people in total
    They took 3days to get back on the phone screen and 2 days after the onsite interview.
    The onsite interview conssisted of coding on whiteboard, java/ sql questions and also UI. Also, behavioral questions. They have part of the dev team in india and want someone who will be able to work with the offshore team.

Some of coding questions
    Reverse a string
    Reverse a words in the string

Anonymous Employee in Hoffman Estates, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CDK Global (Hoffman Estates, IL) in July 2015.

Interview

Typical interview process
    1.you get a call from HR
    2.half n hour to hour call with Hiring manager(technical discussion)
    3.Onsite interview for 2- 4 hours depends on the role.
    4.Hr will let you know about your selection process

Interview Questions

• some program/Algorithm about recursion, and technical question   Answer Question

Jul 30, 2018 – Director, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for writing about your interview experience with CDK, we are very happy you are part of the team!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CDK Global (Seattle, WA) in February 2018.

Interview

Said I was denied online, but emailed me for interview. Rescheduled interview because “no employees could be available at 8am” (I had medical appointment at 10 1 hour away)
    When I arrived (luch time) nobody greeted me, no reception, a lady walked by with her lunch saw me and was kind enough to open the door, but asked me “what do you need”. After I told her I was there for an interview, she told me to wait at the couch, “reception would be back soon I guess” and wished me luck.
    Reception never came back. 15-20 minutes later a guy walked by and asked for my name and led me to a room. No ID, nothing, lol. The guy didn’t ask much about me or talk about the company for like 5 minutes, go straight to the technical interview.
    I started explaining my solutions and discussing different ways I can do the problem, and evaluate efficiency and time for each (as advised by career advisor/hiring manager at BigN). To my surprise he said "Yeah yeah, you can take your time and tell me when you're done" and went back to his laptop.
    Halfway through the interview he told me he would have to leave and someone else would replace him. At this point I knew I wouldn’t get the job but that was pretty rude. The second guy came in, I had to introduce myself all over again, he seemed to be nicer. I was walking him through my solutions when a group of employee knocked on the door saying they booked the room for an interview at that time.
    So we got out, he shook my hands and thanked me for my time. I was speechless, lmao.
    Somehow I wasn't even sad I didn't get an internship at such a company. My friend also got an interview and she said her experience was completely different, so I don't know.

Interview Questions

• What do we do? What classes are you taking? (and that's it no qs about personal projects or anything of the usual why do you want the job, strength/weaknesses)   Answer Question
    • Palindrome, 2 strings and remove only the first instance of character from the first string in the second string, hashing a file and count occurrences   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CDK Global (Chicago, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

lengthy Interview process. The interview process had 3 rounds of interview. First round with managers from multiple teams . second round was with team members. Third round was with the PO's . After two weeks I has another round of interview process again with the managers and was given real time code to bug fix the issues. The second day interview lasted around half a day. They asked me to take my time until end of office hours to resolve the issue. They were basically evaluating my confidence in solving issue and also effort I take to resolve rather than not giving up.

Interview Questions

• basics of programming concepts, database concepts. I was given real time code solving questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CDK Global (Portland, OR) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview had 4 rounds where I was interviewed by managers from different teams. They were a mix of technical and behavioral questions. They asked questions about Agile development, Unit testing, C++ related questions, dependency injections and resume based questions. A lot of the projects that you have done.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at CDK Global (Chicago, IL) in September 2014.

Interview

Was made to feel like the most sought after and desirable candidate.Was told they would love to hire me as direct employee.At that point I had no clue that reality was far different from what was projected

Interview Questions

• Why would you choose to work here?   1 Answer