CDK Global Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

1. Featured Interview

Software Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CDK Global (Seattle, WA) in February 2017.

Interview

4 person loop, 4 hours.
    One covered CSS, had two assignments to test your CSS abilities.
    One covered JSON Objects, gave an assignment to create a live search over a JSON Object.
    One covered JavaScript, gave an assignment to change jQuery into native on an HTML button.
    One asked about how you do in certain situations, and about operational topics.

Interview Questions

• How would you help the dealers user experience in adding 3rd party vendors to their site?   Answer Question

CDK Global Response

Dec 1, 2017 – Director, Talent Acquisition

Hello and thank you for taking the time to review your interview experience with CDK. Very happy to have you onboard!

Lead Generation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hoffman Estates, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CDK Global (Hoffman Estates, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

I had an initial phone interview which I was told was the most important. In my in person interview, almost all of the managers were in the room and asking questions. Felt very intense, but they were all very nice.

Software Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CDK Global (Seattle, WA) in July 2016.

Interview

I didn't make it far into the interview process. I was contacted by a corporate recruiter and the 1st question I was asked after "How are you?" was "What is your current salary" followed by "What do you want to make?"

I don't know about anyone else but I find this very off-putting and frankly rude. I've been asked this question before but maybe towards the end of an interview or at some other point in the interview process. To be asked this question as the 1st question is to me a red flag. It shows the company really isn't interested in hiring quality people. They are only interested in finding someone who is willing to work for a lower wage than they are worth. They immediately want to remove any negotiating power from their candidates.

I only made it a couple of more questions into the interview until the recruiter accused me of wasting her time because I didn't match the job description / wishlist 100%.

I don't expect I will be hearing back from CDK Global.

Interview Questions

• What is your current salary?   1 Answer

CDK Global Response

Sep 2, 2016 – Director Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your feedback. Establishing salary expectations is an important part of the process but I definitely agree this isn’t the first question we want you to hear. As a result of your... More

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at CDK Global (Seattle, WA) in September 2010.

Interview

Initial phone screen was about :30. I was invited for an on-site interview later that week. I then had 2 separate 2 hour sessions. Each session was with a set of 2 UI developers, who asked a load of questions about HTML/CSS/JS and had me work some problems out on the whiteboard. Had lunch with senior managers which focused on experience, direction, etc.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to create a simple API using OOP Javascript, and then we extended it out to add functionality and options without changing the initial API.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Simple ... the initial offer was actually more than I'd expected, so it was an easy accept on my end.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at CDK Global (Seattle, WA) in November 2013.

Interview

I met some Cobalt employees at a College Career Fair, then I believe I had a brief (30mins or 1hr) interview with them on campus and was invited on-site for technical interviews. At the career fair, one would typically drop off their resume and hope to hear back, however they liked mine so much I scheduled my on campus interview right there. Between the initial interview and the technical interviews the recruiter was constantly in touch with me. I had two technical interviews on-site, each an hour long and each with two software engineers.

The interview process was typical, so if you're preparing for other technical interviews then you probably won't need to go out of your way to prepare for Cobalt's interviews. The hiring process however, was a bit frustrating. The pre-employment drug screening and background check seemed excessive compared to other software companies in the same geographic market, however now that I've started work, I'm very happy to be here.

Interview Questions

• Typical software engineering interview questions. If you paid attention in school and prepare for the interviews by practicing coding questions online, you will be fine.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The application asked what my desired salary was, so I listed it and when I was offered the job, the base salary was exactly what I'd asked for. I was happy with the amount so did not attempt to negotiate.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Phone call, then on site interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CDK Global (Seattle, WA) in January 2013.

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter. Two phone interviews prior to on-site. Phone interviews were about background, motivation, coding skills (coding exercise) and design. No algorithm questions. On-site was mainly on design, coding, background. Pretty positive overall. However the offer was not appealing but overall comp @Cobalt is low. Take it or leave it type of deal.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Difficult to negotiate. Felt like take it or leave it type of deal. Advice would be to be persistent in negotiating.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CDK Global (Seattle, WA) in March 2010.

Interview

Its HR called me first for very basic info, then inviting me for a person2person interview. each of 2 team leaders spent less than 30 minutes asking narrow focused and trivial questions, and gave out the impression that they were hiring a lot and with a broad spectrum of various jobs. In short, almost sounds too good to be true. Then never heard back from them again.

Anonymous Employee in Hilliard, OH

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CDK Global (Hilliard, OH) in December 2008.

Interview

easy interview process, no hard technical questions

Interview Questions

Negotiation

offer was slightly negotiable

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at CDK Global (Seattle, WA) in October 2010.

Interview

It consisted of
    30 min Phone screen
    1 hr assessment test after the phone screen
    3 hrs of on-site interviews with 7 people in total
    They took 3days to get back on the phone screen and 2 days after the onsite interview.
    The onsite interview conssisted of coding on whiteboard, java/ sql questions and also UI. Also, behavioral questions. They have part of the dev team in india and want someone who will be able to work with the offshore team.

Some of coding questions
    Reverse a string
    Reverse a words in the string

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at CDK Global (Chicago, IL) in September 2014.

Interview

Was made to feel like the most sought after and desirable candidate.Was told they would love to hire me as direct employee.At that point I had no clue that reality was far different from what was projected

Interview Questions

• Why would you choose to work here?   1 Answer