CDK Global Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

1. Featured Interview

Software Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CDK Global (Seattle, WA) in February 2017.

Interview

4 person loop, 4 hours.
    One covered CSS, had two assignments to test your CSS abilities.
    One covered JSON Objects, gave an assignment to create a live search over a JSON Object.
    One covered JavaScript, gave an assignment to change jQuery into native on an HTML button.
    One asked about how you do in certain situations, and about operational topics.

Interview Questions

• How would you help the dealers user experience in adding 3rd party vendors to their site?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at CDK Global.

Interview

2 technical interviews, one general interview. they were more interested in learning about my passions and interest to work in CDK. I had to show my passion for programming and working at CDK

Interview Questions

• about my projects in college and courses   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CDK Global (Austin, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

I had telephonic and onsite interview with CDK. First I had telephonic interview in java ,Sql and Kafka all the core concepts. On the same day I got response and invitation for onsite interview.

In face to face I had 3 rounds. First with director on general technologies that I am using what are the daily activities in company etc. In next round given problem solving question, concepts of Java. In next round asked questions on devops and sql questions.

Team was very good and friendly . They took away all my stress. Got the positive feedback on the same day.

Software Engineering Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CDK Global (Seattle, WA) in June 2017.

Interview

Initial phone screen with a recruiter that covered the standard stuff (role details, salary expectations etc)
    One hour phone interview with a Software Director that concentrated on my current role and complex, challenging projects/systems I had built
    One hour phone interview with a Software Manager that concentrated on my current role and challenging projects/systems I had built
    Flown to Seattle for an 4 hour onsite interview loop

Interview Questions

• The interviews were generally unstructured. Questions were softball questions about my management experience, difficult projects, and two System Design white boarding sessions that were quite easy.   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at CDK Global (Seattle, WA) in April 2017.

Interview

from application to offer was over 2 months. I had a phone interview and was required to do coding as part of the interview via screen share. What made the interview helpful was the manager. He was helpful, engaging and friendly. Put me at ease.

Interview Questions

• Please describe how you would code a stack   1 Answer

Web Design Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at CDK Global (Detroit, MI) in April 2017.

Interview

A CDK HR recruiter contacted me by email and by phone about this opportunity. I first had a phone conversation with the recruiter. Second they give you a test to do which is giving them three samples of work. 1. Create a HTML and CSS staff page with a second requirement of a drop down navigation. 2. Develop and design a marketing campaign for an automotive dealer in various ad sizes. 3. Write a program in JavaScript/jQuery working with numbers. You are required to get all that back to them in a relatively short time. Thirdly if you pass the test they invite you in for a face to face interview with two managers. When you first arrive they have you sit with an employee who is currently doing this job to get a feel for the work you would be doing. They explain that you are assigned around 13 to 14 queue tasks a day. You are to spend no more than 30 minutes on each. Then you have the interview. This is a young culture at this location. I did not see diversity in age.

Interview Questions

CDK Global Response

May 12, 2017 – Director, Talent Acquisition

Hello and thank you for taking the time to write about your interview experience with CDK in Detroit, MI. I hope you had a great experience when you visited our office and wish you all the best in... More

Digital Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at CDK Global (Seattle, WA).

Interview

First, I was approached by an in-house recruiter via LinkedIn. I provided my salary requirements and resume and never heard back.

Later I was contacted by a third-party recruiter, also via LinkedIn, and invited for a phone screen.

The phone screen was very typical, but more campaign/example-based than most screens are. There were questions about tools used, etc.

When it came down to discussion of compensation at the end of the discussion, it turned out they were looking to pay half of what I was looking for--and it was also an amount far below the market-rate for my level of experience. I politely declined to talk further.

Interview Questions

• What tools are you familiar with?   1 Answer

Mar 31, 2017 – Director, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to write about your interview experience with CDK Global. Our goal is to provide an exceptional candidate experience to every candidate we interact with, whether the... More

Software Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoffman Estates, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at CDK Global (Hoffman Estates, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

HR called up to talk about the general stuff like salary expectations and ask to rate myself in each of the technologies. SQL, Angular, .NET, MVC. He then pushed me a little to choose an earlier date for the technical interview, where I asked him for extra time. I took the interview on the date he suggested. Had the technical interview with a project manager. She asked me general technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Asked me basic questions about OOPS concepts, java basics, angular framework, SQL indexes and stored procedures and about using blocks in .NET   Answer Question

Senior Java Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at CDK Global (Seattle, WA) in March 2017.

Interview

No matter how nice and knowledgeable recruiter sounds if he tells you they are paying below market rate do not go further. Anyway, I agreed to phone screen. The interviewer was over 30 minutes late. I am not a native speaker myself but when on the other side there is a person who speaks worse than me it would not end very well. After half an hour of a pep talk, I got one of this puzzles from interview books to solve. I haven't seen this one before so definitely, my solution was not great.

Interview Questions

• public String replaceAll(String s, String s1, String s2)   Answer Question

May 15, 2017 – Director Talent Acquisition

My apologies. The experience you had is not up to the level we expect of ourselves. I will follow-up with our team to ensure this does not happen in the future.

PowerSEO Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CDK Global (Detroit, MI) in January 2017.

Interview

I interviewed for a PowerSEO / SEO Specialist II position at the Detroit office. I went through a recruiting agency. The experience at CDK seemed good - I enjoyed meeting the staff there and they seemed like great people to work with. However, I ended up turning it down due to lack of information on both ends. The recruiter never gave me benefits information for CDK Global. I got mixed answers about benefits and coverage. They also came back with more money when I declined, making me think they could've paid me a lot more. I believe that insurance is not great and you have to pay for parking. CDK Global only offers two work-from-home days per month after 6 months of employment (they thought, no one was sure) and with my schedule and the fact that SEO can be done independently and totally online I thought this was ridiculous. When I added up communing, paying for parking, uncertain benefits and uncertain pay it seemed like a bad strategic move.

Interview Questions

• What are some of the keyword planning tools you use?   Answer Question
    • How would you explain the benefits of an SEO strategy to a client?   Answer Question

Feb 21, 2017 – Director, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent interview experience. I am very sorry to hear you didn't have that great of an experience working with a 3rd party recruitment... More