CDK Global Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Software Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CDK Global (Seattle, WA) in February 2017.

Interview

4 person loop, 4 hours.
    One covered CSS, had two assignments to test your CSS abilities.
    One covered JSON Objects, gave an assignment to create a live search over a JSON Object.
    One covered JavaScript, gave an assignment to change jQuery into native on an HTML button.
    One asked about how you do in certain situations, and about operational topics.

Interview Questions

• How would you help the dealers user experience in adding 3rd party vendors to their site?   Answer Question

CDK Global Response

Dec 1, 2017 – Director, Talent Acquisition

Hello and thank you for taking the time to review your interview experience with CDK. Very happy to have you onboard!

Java Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CDK Global in August 2017.

Interview

i have gone through 2 rounds of interview where 1st round was about an hour. its a techinical round with coding included. i got selected for it and later followed with an other technical round and an HR round. but there was a long gap between first and second round. After couple of day i received the offer but the whole process takes about 2 months.

Interview Questions

• they will focus more on technical background. i have been asked to write a program given a sentence and print the number of times each word has repeated in the sentence.   1 Answer

Lead Generation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hoffman Estates, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CDK Global (Hoffman Estates, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

I had an initial phone interview which I was told was the most important. In my in person interview, almost all of the managers were in the room and asking questions. Felt very intense, but they were all very nice.

Software Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CDK Global (Seattle, WA) in July 2016.

Interview

I didn't make it far into the interview process. I was contacted by a corporate recruiter and the 1st question I was asked after "How are you?" was "What is your current salary" followed by "What do you want to make?"

I don't know about anyone else but I find this very off-putting and frankly rude. I've been asked this question before but maybe towards the end of an interview or at some other point in the interview process. To be asked this question as the 1st question is to me a red flag. It shows the company really isn't interested in hiring quality people. They are only interested in finding someone who is willing to work for a lower wage than they are worth. They immediately want to remove any negotiating power from their candidates.

I only made it a couple of more questions into the interview until the recruiter accused me of wasting her time because I didn't match the job description / wishlist 100%.

I don't expect I will be hearing back from CDK Global.

Interview Questions

• What is your current salary?   1 Answer

CDK Global Response

Sep 2, 2016 – Director Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your feedback. Establishing salary expectations is an important part of the process but I definitely agree this isn’t the first question we want you to hear. As a result of your... More

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Typical questions regarding the tech stack that is currently being utilized. Some basic textbook questions. Some questions may or may not reflect what you are currently using or may be out of date. What's your best and worst attribute.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at CDK Global.

Interview

Very unprofessional, we agreed on having an interview the following week. However, the recruiter decided that I did not suck up enough to him and other employees to earn that aforementioned interview. The environment definitely seemed to be 99% all white males, which is hilarious considering all bull the recruiter told me about how diverse their workforce is.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CDK Global (Austin, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

I had telephonic and onsite interview with CDK. First I had telephonic interview in java ,Sql and Kafka all the core concepts. On the same day I got response and invitation for onsite interview.

In face to face I had 3 rounds. First with director on general technologies that I am using what are the daily activities in company etc. In next round given problem solving question, concepts of Java. In next round asked questions on devops and sql questions.

Team was very good and friendly . They took away all my stress. Got the positive feedback on the same day.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at CDK Global in March 2016.

Interview

It is an on campus interview, very easy questions. He asked me to introduce myself. General behavior questions at first, and at last 2 SQL questions. The whole interview is about 30 mins.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at CDK Global (Seattle, WA) in November 2013.

Interview

I met some Cobalt employees at a College Career Fair, then I believe I had a brief (30mins or 1hr) interview with them on campus and was invited on-site for technical interviews. At the career fair, one would typically drop off their resume and hope to hear back, however they liked mine so much I scheduled my on campus interview right there. Between the initial interview and the technical interviews the recruiter was constantly in touch with me. I had two technical interviews on-site, each an hour long and each with two software engineers.

The interview process was typical, so if you're preparing for other technical interviews then you probably won't need to go out of your way to prepare for Cobalt's interviews. The hiring process however, was a bit frustrating. The pre-employment drug screening and background check seemed excessive compared to other software companies in the same geographic market, however now that I've started work, I'm very happy to be here.

Interview Questions

• Typical software engineering interview questions. If you paid attention in school and prepare for the interviews by practicing coding questions online, you will be fine.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The application asked what my desired salary was, so I listed it and when I was offered the job, the base salary was exactly what I'd asked for. I was happy with the amount so did not attempt to negotiate.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at CDK Global.

Interview

HR contacted and asked about the skills and a phone interview was set up.
    The phone interview was pretty easy but technical.
    The interviewer seemed to be a very soft spoken person. The overall experience was good.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CDK Global.

Interview

First the recruiter will call you and things are fine there but then you end up with Principal Architetect which things get interesting because it's hard to understand him because of language bearer and lack of communication skills. The coding problem is easy which is palindrome but then he asks you to write a SQL which he has a hard time explaining what he wants ...at the end he then tells you oh you should have used sub query.... I was gonna explain to him that you need to do a better job explaining what the problem is.