Capital One Management Rotational Program Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Capital One

2.9

Management Rotational Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA).

Interview

Entire process took 3 weeks. Applied on company website. Invited for final round interview at headquarters in Richmond, VA. Interview consisted of 3 rounds: job fit, behavioral, and case interview.

Interview Questions

• Out of a list of four possible activities, which would you choose to improve team dynamics and why?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Capital One

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Dallas, TX) in November 2017.

Interview

The first interview was a behavioral interview given by a recruiter. The second round was a super day at their office that consisted of three back to back interviews. One of the interviews was behavioral, one was a case analysis, and the other was a "great fit" session similar to a behavioral where they ask you questions to see if you'd be a great fit.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time when you failed and how you handled it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in March 2018.

Interview

All expenses paid - Super Day at the Richmond campus. Everyone was incredibly friendly and encouraging. Capital One clearly invests in their employees - given the treatment to potential new hires. Interviews are fair and MUST be prepared for. They put you in the absolute best position to do your best. I was joyfully overwhelmed at the level of care and investment they make in potential hires. Very grateful for this interview process and VERY excited to begin work with Capital One.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in November 2017.

Interview

Three parts in total: case, behavioral and job fit. The case interview is not very difficult, the behavioral is just like regular and the job fit one is not counted is the selection process.
    People there are really nice. They first lea us a tour in their campus and we have a lunch together before the interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you persuade others to do something   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Blacksburg, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Blacksburg, VA) in October 2018.

Interview

I met with Capital One at my school's career fair, and got a first round interview about a week later. I had the first round interview and heard 2 days later I made it to the final round. The final round was a piloted virtual interview that went really well and way smoother than I expected. It was 3 interviews within the virtual interview that was about 2.5 hours long. My college's recruiter called about 2 days later with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you delivered a product or completed a project despite an obstacle/setback   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in April 2018.

Interview

I was asked to come to the interview on campus in Richmond VA. There were 3 sets of interviews, there was behavioral, case study, and a job fit interview. The people who interviewed me were pretty laid back. The process went quick and smooth.

Management Rotation Program Interview

Interview

One campus interview, followed by a virtual power day consisting of 3 interviews. Not terribly difficult, overall took about 3 weeks from start to finish, received results within 2 days of the power day.

Management Rotation Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

After applying online, I got an email to select my interview preference: virtual or in person. I chose in person for their Powerday, and it consisted of behavioral, job fit, and case interviews.

Interview Questions

• What was a time you had to persuade someone or a team to do something?   Answer Question

Management Rotation Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Capital One in February 2017.

Interview

Submitted resume online and was invited for an on campus interview for a one-on-one behavioral interview with a recruiter. Interview lasted 45 minutes consisting of 3 behavioral questions. The interviewer was very nice and I thought the interview went well. I was told at the interview and in an email that I would have a decision about a final interview within 24-48 hours. I was contacted 5 days later and told they had no update and I would receive an update by the following Monday. Monday came and still heard nothing. I contacted the recruiter on Tuesday and she emailed me the next day saying she still had no info and she would have an update for me on the next Friday. Once again Friday came and still no information. I called her the next Tuesday with no answer. Finally I received a very generic email 2 days later that I did not get another interview. This was 3 weeks after my initial interview. By this point I was already turned off by Capital One and had no interest in working there. I had other friends who interviewed the same day as me and received final interview offers within days. Meanwhile the recruiter was telling me she was "tracking down the results" from other people and other various excuses for putting me on the back burner, while avoiding actually telling me about my status. If you give a candidate 3 different deadlines for a decision and let them pass without a single word to the candidate you are not portraying your company in a good light. I was fine that I did not get a final interview. Because of their delay in getting back to me I accepted a better offer with a higher salary at a company who was more respectful towards my time while they capital one was busy "tracking down results".

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I interviewed at Capital One (Plano, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

2 interviews, one on college site and one on capital one office for internship. Experience was very positive, interviewers were friendly. Heard back relatively quickly after final interview round (consisted of full day of interview)

Interview Questions

• Given a hypothetical business problem (how to release a mobile app), how would you tackle the project.   1 Answer