Cintas Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Service Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cintas (Greensboro, NC) in August 2018.

Interview

The hiring process was extensive, but smooth sailing. The managers were very direct and very detailed on what exactly they were looking for in candidates. I was very pleased.

Interview Questions

• Why would I be a good candidate for this position?   4 Answers

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spokane, WA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cintas (Spokane, WA) in February 2012.

Interview

I applied and was given a phone screening interview. It was a series of behavioral questions and then moved on to the next interview. I prepared extremely hard and learned everything I could about Cinta's. For my second interview. I showed up early and bought a suit and tie. I introduced myself and let the interviewer know how excited I was to be here and how I was born to sell for Cintas. He looked over my resume and told me he new someone else that had worked for one of the companies I had before and I would probably be the same as him. "The other guy may have been a janitor for the company I worked for before as far as I knew, well I was a proven sales performer," but I tried to stay humble as he offered me an interview for another job. He asked me if I was a farmer or a hunter and I wasn't 100% sure what he meant by the question in that split second and tried to explain how I build relationships with my customers before trying to close the sales. I didn't convince him apparently I was the same person that he new that worked for that company. Long story short is I was not really interviewed and Cintas blew an opportunity to have someone with a record of exceeding expectations in my sales positions for every company I have worked for. The sales manager seemed more interested in trying to get out of the interview than giving me the behavioral interview that others described on the site. I am sure they are great to work for, but I may have dodged a bullet not having to work for this particular sales manager. He did say I dressed sharp and the small things should be noticed, but he still didn't really want to interview me even though it was pretty apparent how prepared I had been, it was a Friday afternoon and he seemed to have other things on his mind.

Interview Questions

• Are you a farmer or a Hunter?   11 Answers
    • Oh you worked for a box store, you must know joe bob jim that was a janitor there.   7 Answers
    • Oh we also have another position would you be interested?   6 Answers

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cintas (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Basically just sat down and had an in-depth conversation with the area manager. Asked me for a bit of information on my past and why I would be able to sell for Cintas. I was totally free to be myself and engage the interviewer. This was step two in the process and I have been invited back for step three. I look forward to hearing what the rest of the staff has to say about Cintas.

Interview Questions

• Explain the last time you had to sell something.   1 Answer

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cintas in March 2016.

Interview

Very mismanaged from the beginning such as what another interviewer wrote. After the first in person interview, The sales manager told me I had successfully moved on to the next round which was the half day out in the field and he just had to check his reps availability. I followed up 3 times before I got a call saying to come in. I kept following up due to the advice from my recruiter. Once I came in again, I was advised that plans changed and I was to sit in on a phone block for 2 hours. Well..2 hours became 4 1/2. The employees were doing other things a lot of the time and I just decided to cold call and set appointments for the last 2 hours. Finally after a long day, I met with the GM. I was so tired and starving by that time. I clearly have enough experience but because I had left another company he had previously worked for due to different circumstances, I felt like I was being thrown under the bus. The questions were standard STAR questions but I tried to be creative with my answers. He wasn't feeling it. I continuously attempted to get an answer about moving on to the next round but everything he said was vague, "I need to speak with my manager and call you" no- you don't. You are suppose to tell me to come in for the ride along like this company planned for me 3 weeks ago. At the end of the day, this company seems like they have an extremely lengthy and unnecessary interview process. Again, the interview process from the start was a complete mess. I'm sure Cintas passes up a lot of amazing, overly qualified candidates who could help their team excel because management finds some ridiculous reason not to hire them.. I am a positive, well educated, and driven sales professional and I left this interview feeling like my confidence had been run over a million times.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to let a colleague know about a difficult decision that had been made   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lowell, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Cintas (Lowell, MA) in April 2016.

Interview

Applied online, initial email contact, then 20 min phone screen.
    In-person interview at the office with a sales manager, about 30mins.
    Never seen an interviewer take that many notes, ever! Whole time he sat back in the chair and scribbled through a worksheet on a clipboard so I couldn't see.
    Told there would be a follow up.

Interview Questions

• What was my time frame for moving to a new position   2 Answers

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cintas in February 2016.

Interview

I have been contacted by a recruiter and be given an interview 2 days after with a Sales Director.
    Pretty direct, classic questions related to business situations. There were no apparent tricks, the point seemed to be to know more about my business experiences.

Interview Questions

• Describe yourself in 3 words.   2 Answers
    • Where do you see yourself in 5 years.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Appleton, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Cintas (Appleton, WI) in March 2015.

Interview

Very well put together, the interviewer was exceptional and very upfront. Gave me a picture of the good and bad of this position, Discussed advancement opportunities, timelines and expectations on a daily, weekly and annual basis.

Interview Questions

• Describe the most difficult challenge you have experienced when trying reach a new contact. How did I handle it?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cintas.

Interview

The interview process was rather lengthy. Recruiter started with a basic phone screening, then had an in person interview with the hiring manager. Following two weeks later went on a field ride along with office manager, then proceeded with a group interview to finish.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example when you were faced with adversity and what you did to overcome it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cintas (Indianapolis, IN) in September 2015.

Interview

2 week process. Phone interview then interview with area Sales Manager. Sales manager is very professional and hiring process is very tedious and precise. A great company culture to look for and potential for growth is amazing.

Interview Questions

• What was time you faced an ethical dilemma and how did you handle it?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

Interview

It was a two week process. I scheduled a phone interview with HR and was then approved for an interview with the area sales manager. Sales manager was very thorough asking behavioral questions and situation dilemmas. Good interview with great company.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cintas in May 2015.

Interview

I met at the Cintas Location. Sales manager was very accommodating to my schedule. He was not late and well prepared for the interview. Standard questions-reviewed the resume and several STAR questions. Follow up telephone interview with the regional sales manager with similar style questions. He just asked for a few more details. Overall-very professional and fair.

Interview Questions

• Q: Describe a time when you disagreed with a decision your supervisor has made?   Answer Question
    • Q: Describe a typical day at (previous role).   Answer Question