Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co. Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co. Interview Questions

Interviews at Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co.

2.1

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Employer Engagement Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co. (Columbia, SC) in May 2018.

Interview

Warm and friendly, I was made to feel at ease and comfortable I was escorted and introduced by the staffing specialist. There were three staff members present in the interview and each took turns asking questions and providing very thorough information It was a very pleasant interview experience

Interview Questions

• When the workload becomes heavy and situations become overwhelming, how would you take on the challenge ?   1 Answer

Agency Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co. (Vancouver, WA) in June 2018.

Interview

Very thoughtful and thorough explanation of the company, compensation and benefits. The sales and bonus system is set up for success and there is plenty of room for growth. Excited to join the team!

Interview Questions

• What gets you out of bed in the morning!   1 Answer

Assisted Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tyson's Corner, Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co. (Tyson's Corner, Fairfax, VA) in June 2017.

Interview

Easy going. First there was an orientation then a one on one interview. What they offer seems crazy, but why not try it. There is an initial startup, but I'm not too worried about it.

Interview Questions

• Do you see any challenges that you'd face in the line of work?   Answer Question

Insurance Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co. (Milwaukee, WI) in January 2019.

Interview

My process began with fairly professional recruitment email from the HR representative from my state. I was able to request a phone screen time, but they were unable to match it. I ended up with a time two weeks out. At this point, I thought it was a more formal phone screen. The interviewer was very polite and called on time. However, she only asked a few light questions, and giggled a fair amount. In the end, it was clear the job was likely all cold calling and I have to pay some of the up-front costs. This is less an interview and more of a recruitment call.

Interview Questions

• Do you have a newtork of contacts you would be able to work with to get started?   1 Answer

Insurance Sales Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co. (Columbia, SC) in April 2016.

Interview

They just wanted to know if I could sell. Previous experience is well. You don't get paid unless you sell. This was shared up front which I appreciated. They take pride in the product.

Interview Questions

Interview

They are very encouraging and want to help you succeed as long as you want the Job and are willing to give it your all. Asking you basic questions and describe yourself and how you handle situations with people.

Insurance Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Opelika, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co. (Opelika, AL) in November 2013.

Interview

Applied online and originally did not see response email as it went to my spam folder. Checked it and responded and wrote back and forth a little with the woman before having an interview set up for a week from then. There were no questions about the job, only the guy explaining what the job is like and telling me when and how to get training started up.

Negotiation

Was told it was commission-based so my success was upon my shoulders.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co. in March 2016.

Interview

Applied to Colonial Life because was reached out to by recruiter. Briefly explained their internship program and how it helped to further a career there. They scheduled a phone interview which lasted about 30 minutes and mainly consisted of behavioral interview questions. Their internship seemed very involved and had little room for change throughout the school year.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you had to handle criticism in the work place and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co. (Columbia, SC) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied online. Received an email from HR and had a phone interview which lasted 30 mins. Then I had an in person interview with 3 managers from the 3 different departments.The interview lasted about one hour and they alternated asking me questions. They said I should know something within two weeks and I did. The interview consisted of several behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• What would you say to someone who just lost a loved one but their claim isn't covered under the policy?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co..

Interview

Initially contacted by HR via phone call. Was asked to take an excel test and had an additional phone interview. Had an interview with every manager within the department I worked.

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co..

Interview

In the first 30 minutes they talk about the structure of the company and how they pay. and then i been asked some basic behavior questions. the interview process is pretty smooth and i got an offer.

Interview Questions

• tell me about yourself? what are you a good fit for this position.   Answer Question