Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co. Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co. Interview Questions

Updated Apr 23, 2017

2.1

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co..

Interview

About 2 hours. Very detailed. Excited to see what happens. Manager definately trued his best to get me on. Very convincing. Commission only. Nice environment. Cold calling. Must go through background check and get appointed as well.

Interview Questions

• All insurance. Personality. Normal interview queations.   Answer Question

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co..

Interview

I submitted an application; was asked for a phone interview. Two days later had the phone interview which lasted approx 30 mins. Went to in-person interview with two managers for 1 hour. Went over resume and behavioral questions followed by a mock call.

A few days later was asked to consent to background and drug test. Got the call to accept the offer. The entire process lasted about three weeks and was thorough! This is the best interview that I've ever been to.

Interview Questions

• Typical STAR questions... tell me about a time when...   Answer Question

Insurance Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co. (Irving, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

Easy and straight forward. Easiest and most informative interview that I've ever been involved with. Company is amazing. Only con is I wish I would of found out about this job years ago!

Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co..

Interview

We set up a phone interview via email, which was confirmed by the interviewer. Then I did not receive a call. I emailed the recruiter, asking if I should call. No response. I waited a few minutes, called the number on the email signature block, and left a voicemail. I did not receive a return call. Very strange and unprofessional.

Insurance Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co. (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

I received an email to schedule the interview time. But when I got there, I found a lot of people. That was not actually an interview. Just an info session to introduce their company history and how great it is to be an insurance agent. And most importantly, they provide course to pass the license exam.

Interview Questions

• How much money are you going to make from now to end of this year?   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co. (Las Vegas, NV) in March 2017.

Interview

Interview with professional people in a very nice building / part of town. They do not let you know beforehand it is a 1099 position with no salary simply commission and bonuses. The company has been around a long time and has a reputable reputation however it would have been good to know going in it was the "Own your own business" model.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult questions, but you are expected to be at the office as if it is a W-2 job not 1099   Answer Question

Business Development Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co..

Interview

In the first 30 minutes they talk about the structure of the company and how they pay. and then i been asked some basic behavior questions. the interview process is pretty smooth and i got an offer.

Interview Questions

• tell me about yourself? what are you a good fit for this position.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellingham, WA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co. (Bellingham, WA) in January 2017.

Interview

Lasted a little over an hour. It was more of a sales pitch than an interview. About 30 minutes was them telling me about "oh you can make so much money here, it's all Audis and Motorcycles and whatever you want... my aunt works 20 hours per week and makes $175k a year!" Then they asked me some "actual" interview questions, but they were seemingly pointless as there was an "obvious" answer. They briefly asked about my education and some of my work experience in the past, along with a few open ended questions that theres technically no right answer to, then followed up with telling me, once again, how much money I can make.

Customer Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kendall, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co. (Kendall, FL) in January 2017.

Interview

It was one of the most structured, professional interviews with a twist! They made me feel as if I had known them forever. They explained to me the interview process and also the follow up, that seemed to be very important to them. I was told I would get a call regardless if I was a potential candidate or not. I have been in 25 plus interviews during my adult life and they all say the same thing. "We will be in contact, and thanks so much for your time", yeah right. They all seem to say the exact same thing and the only person that ever gets a call is the lucky person selected for the job. At least that's what I thought. Because exactly the day Mr. Mitchell said he would call with the results he did. I wasnt selected and was dissappointd to say the least. However I felt compelled to write this review because it's nice to know that there are companies like Colonial Life of South FloridaI who follow through with their commitment to you. I enjoyed the interview so much I wanted the job more than I have ever wanted a job before. The pay was ok, but more importantly I wanted to belong to a team.

Interview Questions

• What was a mistake/error I made in the last 2 years? How did impact my team? What did I do to correct the action from happening again?   Answer Question

Regional Growth Market Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co. (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Panel interview with regional team. Although I did not get the position, I recognized how close the team was, and how much they trusted and respected their management. This company displayed high amounts of professionalism, and a great role and working environment.