Cover image for Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co.

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co. Interview Questions

Updated Nov 30, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 221 of over 221 interviews

Interviews at Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co.

Positive57%
Other10%
2.1
HardAverageEasy

Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co.

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co.

Interview

It is a staged phone interview process ending off with you going into the office for the final review. If I remember correctly it was two or three calls first.

Interview Questions
  • What are your career goals
    Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co. (Jacksonville, FL) in Sep 2022

Interview

Very pleasant and engaging, easy conversation and informative. The interviewer made me feel relaxed and allowed me to answer and ask questions promptly. Throughout the meeting a felt as though I could see myself working for a.company that invests in its employees and put them first.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co.

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co. in Aug 2022

Interview

1st round - phone screen with Corporate Recruiter 2nd round - Teams with Regional Recruiting Manager 3rd round - panel interview with 5 people (1 Regional Recruiting Manager, VP of Sales, VP of Client Mgmt, Project Manager, and Regional Planning Manager) Everyone that I interviewed with had been at Colonial Life for 3+ years and in the insurance industry for a few years. I do not come from the industry industry, but I do possess 4 years of recruiting and 3 years of sales experience. When I interviewed, I was told that I would struggle to build relationships since I wasn't from the industry. During the panel interview, there was only 1 question regarding recruiting which was "What sourcing tools do you use?" All the other questions were strictly behavioral questions which did not relate to recruiting. I should also note that none of Colonial Life's Regional Recruiting Manager's or Upper Management has worked in recruiting outside of Colonial Life. If you don't come from the insurance industry, you should look elsewhere. Colonial Life's diversity is also severely lacking.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time when you had systems in place and had to utilize them. Tell me about a time when you had to have a conversation with Executive Leadership. How will you protect your recruiters when there is conflict? Tell me about a time when you missed a deadline. Tell me about a time when you didn't agree with how a process was being approached, but you had to go along with it anyway. Why Colonial Life? Why do you want to travel? Why the insurance industry? Tell me 3 things you'll do within your first 90 days.

Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co.

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co. in Jul 2022

Interview

Total of three phone calls. Seems like they really don’t care who they hire since it was smooth sailing the entire time. Took forever to get the ball rolling after being offered the job. 100% commission based.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Penn Hills, PA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co. (Penn Hills, PA) in Jul 2022

Interview

Misleading in that it is essentially a sales position. You can really only make money by recruiting others to sell under you. Very straightforward position once explained. Make your own hours. No benefits.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Collins, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co. (Fort Collins, CO) in Jul 2022

Interview

Unprofessional. Likely the worst interview I have ever had to sit through; I could not wait to have the interview over and almost cut the interview short myself within the first 5 minutes. Rather than asking anything about me or my experience, they just tried selling me on the job. Red flag #1. Neither “hiring manager” who was on the call had their camera on. Both were driving in their cars, while one had a new hire in his car at the time of the interview. The call kept cutting out due to them driving, so I had to ask them to repeat themselves on several occasions. Red flag #2-#5. There is no way I would have even considered hiring those 2 managers, if I was recruiting for the position. The interview had the used car salesman vibe. No thank you! They said they would send me an email to explain the pay structure and set up a 2nd interview, but I have not heard anything. I didn’t really hide the fact that I was unimpressed but did my best to be respectful, so I was not expecting them to actually reach back out. I wouldn’t have accepted a 2nd interview with Xander or Ben. Thank you for giving me insight into the insurance industry.

Interview Questions
  • How do you handle failure? This job has a 75% failure rate. How would you handle that?

Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co.

Application

I interviewed at Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co.

Interview

Standard interview process. One person interviewed. Described their company, roles, processes, asked if I had questions. Next, she asked me questions about myself, my history, past experience, etc. It was all very standard.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co.

Application

I interviewed at Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co.

Interview

The process was about 3 to 4 interviews including an in-person 15 min presentation in Syracuse about 2 .5 hours away. Last Interview was about 45 mins long and with the Regional Recruiting manager,

Interview Questions
  • How do you source Top candidates?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co. (Louisville, KY) in Jun 2022

Interview

Very comfortable setting. First interview was a great way just to open up and show who you are as a person and what you bring to the table in the business.

Interview Questions
  • What sales experience do you have?

Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co.

Application

I interviewed at Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co.

Interview

Group Interview, they are looking for bodies, not necessarily people who have experience. About a 20 minute presentation, typical of insurance group interviews. Lots of promises and potential, not too much on actual day to day operations.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 221 Interviews

Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co. Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co. as 58.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.12 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Agency Development Manager and Sales Agent rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Sales Representative and Insurance Agent roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co. takes an average of 13 days when considering 229 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Sales Agent had the quickest hiring process (on average 2 days), whereas Account Executive roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 15 days).

Common stages of the interview process at Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co. according to 229 Glassdoor interviews include:

One on One Interview: 23.27%