Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co. Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co. Interview Questions

Updated Nov 24, 2017

2.1

Interview

They are very encouraging and want to help you succeed as long as you want the Job and are willing to give it your all. Asking you basic questions and describe yourself and how you handle situations with people.

B2B Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co. (Wichita, KS) in November 2017.

Interview

I received a call from HR with a time and place to meet with the District Manager. I then met with him locally. He was halfway through the interview before letting me know it was commission- only. I could have declined the interview had I known earlier.

Colonial Life Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co..

Interview

A friend was recently contract through Colonial and heard they were looking for a recruiter and with my back ground I was nominated for the position. I was coming in to sign a contract and was offered the position that day. That should have been my red flag! Great pay, bonus, and benefits attracted me and I accepted. Hit all goals but was a thread to my manager and was targeted from that day moving forward.

Interview Questions

• They sold me on the position. No real interview process   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co..

Interview

Easy Interview. They tried to sell the job to you so the first time you come in they go over the job. Commission only so I didn't want it.

Benefits Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Naperville, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co. (Naperville, IL) in August 2017.

Interview

Two part interview. The first part was a large group to explain the culture, roles, benefits, etc. The coordinator asked two questions that each individual answered. The second interview was with the coordinator and two other managers. This was more typical question and answer.

Interview Questions

• Two words to describe what you hope to gain from Colonial Life.   Answer Question
    • How do you fit in with Colonial Life?   1 Answer

Customer Service Specialist (Remote) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co. (Columbia, SC) in August 2017.

Interview

The interview process went smoothly. About a week after the application, I received an e-mail to set up a phone interview, which was scheduled for the next day and lasted about 45 minutes. It was fun and comfortable. The interviewer took the time to learn as much about me as possible and make sure I would be a great fit for the job and provided more details regarding the company and position. A week later, I was contacted via phone to set up a face to face interview, in their office for the next day. I was interviewed by two supervisors, who asked questions about my work experience and standard interview questions that had to be answered in the STAR format. At the end of the interview, I did a role-play call. The interviewers made it clear to me to be as comfortable and candid as possible. Two days later, I received my offer for employment! :)

Interview Questions

• How are you able to deal with irate and/or emotional customers?   Answer Question
    • Why should we hire you to work remotely?   Answer Question
    • Tell us a time that you received feedback from a supervisor and how did you take it?   Answer Question

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

Application

Interview

The phone interview was great. The interview felt more like a conversation than an interview. My second interview was at the location with two individuals. The atmosphere was very relax and I actually enjoyed it.

Interview Questions

• What is my definition of integrity?   1 Answer

Insurance Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co. in July 2017.

Interview

First interview was with a hiring manager. Just something to get your feet wet and get a sense of the job. They called me back to schedule an interview with the district manager. He asked me questions about my education and experience.

Insurance Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lubbock, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co. (Lubbock, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

The District Manager explained everything in detail and really made me want to join since I have had bad experiences with other companies as an Agent. She actually treated me as a human.

Interview Questions

• What kind of obstacles do you face?
      How do you handle objections?
      Describe a time where you handled an unruly client who was angered by claims.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co..

Interview

Initial - Phone interview with in person interview following. Met with a total of 5 managers at in person interview. Basic math test following interview. Overall, typical interview process.