Cracker Barrel Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cracker Barrel Interview Questions

Interviews at Cracker Barrel

1.9

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel in July 2020.

Interview

Surprisingly easy! They were very friendly and courteous throughout the process. The manager and I sat down for about 30+ minutes and once we finished, she said she loved my attitude and personality and I was hired on the spot!

Interview Questions

• How would I describe myself?   1 Answer
    • How would I sell this particular item?   1 Answer

Employee Training Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mobile, AL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (Mobile, AL) in July 2020.

Interview

I had to fill out the application. In order to qualify you have to be at least a PAR 2 trainer. Of course leadership and communication are a need. I got a call to setup an interview and interviewed with the general and district managers.

Host/Hostess Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel.

Interview

Lots of conversational questions. It was one single interview that took place in the restaurant. It was solely with the manager which was beneficial for me as well. Overall it wasn't bad at all!

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Server/Waiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (Tampa, FL) in June 2020.

Interview

I had what I thought was a wonderful interview. The manager asked just a few questions and was extremely friendly the whole time as he explained how many people usually worked a shift and what would be expected of me if I was hired. He said at the end they would let me know in a couple of days if they had room for me.

After a week of not hearing back I called the store back to ask if they were still waiting to make a decision, and the employee who answered was extremely condescending and said "no one would hear back for a few weeks" because CO-VID was impacting their hiring (there was no mention of this during my interview the week before). After another few weeks went by with no response, my online profile updated to show I didn't get the job. I would have been fine with the decision had the store been upfront with me about their hiring situation from the beginning, but overall it was a miserable interview process. I had a lot of respect for Cracker Barrel before this, but this experience showed me that at least the location I interviewed for does not have a lot of respect for its potential employees.

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Employee in Conyers, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (Conyers, GA) in June 2020.

Interview

The interview process was very easy and straightforward. I applied on Sunday, set up the interview Monday, interviewed Tuesday, and was hired Wednesday. The interview was very relaxed and conversation like and it was pretty quick. I was only there for about ten minutes and I found out I got the job before I even walked out of the door.

Interview Questions

• It was a very easy interview. Honestly felt like a conversation. One of the questions was “If Cracker Barrel should know one thing about you, what should it be?”   Answer Question

Host/Hostess Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel.

Interview

The hiring/interview process was great! I actually got hired on spot because they loved my attitude, the eye contact, me being honest, and answers i provided to the questions. It was a great interview and i had a great time learning during the interview process .

Interview Questions

• What makes me the perfect candidate to work at Cracker Barrel?   Answer Question

Server/Waiter Interview

Interview

I got called for a phone interview and to schedule a interview with managers I came in I met the general manager he set up interviews with other managers and I got offered the job and uniform

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel.

Interview

Interview process was very quick. I applied through another website and was contact within 72 hours. I scheduled my interview and I sat down and talked with a manger for less than an hour. He asked me about my past experiences that may translate to the job. (He was trying to get a feel for my people skills and ability to work under pressure)

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have?   1 Answer

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel.

Interview

One on one in-person interview with the restaurant manager. It was a very relaxed setting and a very laid back interview in general. Mainly discussed the role of the job and how you would fit into the team.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you were in a tough position and how did you respond?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel.

Interview

I applied and I got a text to set up a interview 2 days later. I was hired within a week or two. Orientation was about a week then i was working in retail. I had a total of two interviews.