Cracker Barrel Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 20, 2017

2.0

1. Featured Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kenosha, WI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (Kenosha, WI).

Interview

I sat with the general manager. She was very kind, up beat, and friendly. She was willing to work with me on my experience and try to find the best fit for me. After that I started training. Training is well constructed. They leave nothing to chance.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at cracker barrel?   1 Answer

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel.

Interview

The former manager was very rude. I believe he didn't like older women. He is no longer at this location. I dealt with him twice within a year and a half time. He didn't want to interview me let alone hire me.

Interview Questions

• nothing. He told me to go online at snagajob.com   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Davenport, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (Davenport, IA).

Interview

I got hired on the second interview. Very basic. I had no experience so it was all well and good to them. However I ended up not liking the job very much.

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel.

Interview

Very quick and easy interview. Applied online. Got a text to schedule an interview within a week. Called up there to schedule it. Typical interview questions then was hired on spot. Had to wait on the background check which takes about 7-10 days though.

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel in July 2017.

Interview

I mostly listened to the person interviewing talk about the job. I didn't get a chance to talk much. The person was very nice and made it seem like a nice place to work.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my background and when I'd be available to work.   Answer Question

Back Up Cook Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gas City, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (Gas City, IN) in July 2017.

Interview

Interview was super easy. He was really friendly and did not make me wait or act hurried. He took a lot of time making sure my questions were answered and relating to my life experiences. Interviewed Monday, hired on the spot. Submitted background check stuff. They called Tuesday, I had orientation Wednesday.

Night Maintenance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (Jacksonville, FL).

Interview

I submitted my application and the next day received a text to call the store to set up an interview. I called on a friday and was set to do an interview on Monday. At this interview I was told i had a lack of experience and was asked if there were any other positions I was interested in. I said dishwasher so i was asked to come back in for a second interview. At this interview like the first I was asked basic questions. he then said he would call be back either way. One week later and no call.

Retail Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (Melbourne, FL).

Interview

I interviewed with the district manager for 2 hours. I had a second interview with someone from corporate. I had to take a test. I got a call back several weeks later on a Sunday. I had to train in Tennessee for 2 weeks, then 3 weeks at a store 4 hours from my home.

Server Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel.

Interview

Overall, very easy interview process. I had two interviews, each with two different managers. The first interview seemed a bit disorganized, and for the second I was hired on the spot.

Anonymous Employee in Middletown, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (Middletown, OH) in June 2017.

Interview

I called store after applying online, quickly set time the next day for interview, and arrived the following day at the decided time and promptly began a comfortable, somewhat self-guided conversation with a manager. Pretty typical stuff really.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lafayette, LA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (Lafayette, LA) in June 2017.

Interview

It went well. I am still in high school so there were a lot of questions about school. It was a very casual interview. Had to wait almost an hour for the interview.