Cracker Barrel Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kenosha, WI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (Kenosha, WI).

Interview

I sat with the general manager. She was very kind, up beat, and friendly. She was willing to work with me on my experience and try to find the best fit for me. After that I started training. Training is well constructed. They leave nothing to chance.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at cracker barrel?   1 Answer

Part Time Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel.

Interview

Very chaotic. The manager who was supposed to interview me was busy so another guy who knew nothing about the position did it. Only asked 2 questions. Interview only took 5 minutes.

Part Time Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel.

Interview

Quick process that lasted a week or so. I was asked to called the restaurant number and set up an interview. When I called I had some difficulties getting through due to a storm but once I did they were very friendly.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Cracker Barrel?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Mansfield, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (Mansfield, OH) in September 2014.

Interview

A little challenging, but after the application was admitted, i was notified right away. I applied around late August of 14', and i was immediately contacted within about 3-4 days or so. The interview was about 20 questions, a drug test, and while i was there they verified a few things upon my application and also ran a background check. Well i passed, received a call & was hired quickly. The evironment was great. I loved it. Probably wouldn't have switched if i didn't have too.

Interview Questions

• What does team work mean to you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (Houston, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

Came in store
    Filled out an application
    Soon following the manager came to speak with me and asked my availablity to work.
    I was referred by one of my close friends, I believe I had the job before I came in I just had to pretty much fill out the application and meet the manager.
    "It's about who you know, not what you know"

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It was good, I enjoyed her increasing my pay from the base pay due to my precious work experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burleson, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (Burleson, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

I asked for the hiring manager, she told me to sit down and offered me a glass of water or tea, very kind. 5 minutes later I believe the restaraunt manager came out and began the interview. It was the typical, when are you available questions and what experience do I have with money. Afterwards he said he would be in contact with the retail manager to see what is available for my hours and said he will contact me 2 days later to see if he will set up a second interview or not. He promised he would contact me so "I won't be left hanging" but that's exactly what happened.

Part Time Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel.

Interview

Short and sweet. The manager came out and asked all the typical questions, work experience, strengths, how do you believe that you will fit with the community, have you ever been convicted of a crime, what's your availability, etc.

Assistant Restaurant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel in January 2016.

Interview

It's a 3 step process consisting of a phone interview, then a battery test, then an interview with your potential District Manager. They want to thoroughly understand your background to make sure you can keep up with the volume of most CBs. Pay and benefits are fantastic for the industry, but you're putting a lot of work and hours.

Interview Questions

• Tell me one time you received constructive criticism about your management style and how you handled it   1 Answer

Assistant Restaurant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vero Beach, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (Vero Beach, FL) in December 2011.

Interview

Very straightforward. Met with the Cracker Barrel management recruiter first. Had to take a test that showed personality and aptitude. Then met with the District Manager and recruiter. Both interviews were at a Cracker Barrel.. He asked several situational questions to gauge your ability to think on your feet. Very comfortable interview.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle a difficult guest?   1 Answer

Associate Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (San Antonio, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

District Manager interviews you for about an hour. He starts with a little about himself, to put you at ease, then asks to know about you. After that the situational questions begin, pretty basic questions, you are in the middle of the dining area so don't get distracted.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to give someone feedback. What did you tell them and how did it go?   Answer Question

Associate Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Murfreesboro, TN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (Murfreesboro, TN) in January 2013.

Interview

I was promoted internally. I had worked for this company for 7 years as a server/shift leader and after college was offered a position in management. I spoke with a recruiter and after I pasted all the test was given an offer on compensation. The training is long but extremely valuable if you want to be successful.

Interview Questions

• There is a personally test.   1 Answer