Delta Air Lines Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Delta Air Lines

2,975 Interview Reviews

1. Featured Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Delta Air Lines (Atlanta, GA) in February 2020.

Interview

I submitted an application through a referral. Later that day, I did the video interview pre-recorded. The next day I did the personality test. The next day I was able to choose which times work best for meFor my live video interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where there was a last-minute change in how you handle that   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Delta Air Lines (Atlanta, GA) in August 2018.

Interview

Applied - 8/13/2018
    1st Assessment - 8/13/2018
    Video Interview Invitation - 8/30/2018 (Completed 8/31/18)
    2nd Assessment - 9/11/2018

I am now currently waiting to hear back a bout the next step in the process. From what I am reading on here, there is a Virtual Interview that happens next and then the F2F (Face-to-face).

The Video Interview was fairly easy. Make sure you answer all questions asked in STAR format. Delta is very big on this. All questions can be found on here. Once you start the interview, you have unlimited chances to record your answer. Dress the part, smile and allow your personality to shine.

From what my buddy is telling me (He is currently a flight attendant for Delta), the interview process is very different this year compared to previous ones. He also informed me that training for all new flight attendants being interviewed and offered positions wont be trained till January at the earliest.

I have included the exactly questions that were asked on the Video Interview below.

Interview Questions

• VI : From the video that we sent you, what did you find interesting, concerning or exiting about the life of a Flight Attendant?   22 Answers
    • VI: Describe a time when you had to change work priorities with little or no notice. (Answer in STAR Format)   5 Answers
    • VI: Describe a time when you provided excellent service to a customer. (Answer in STAR Format)   1 Answer
    • VI: Tell us why you would be a great Flight Attendant. Why Delta?   23 Answers

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Delta Air Lines.

Interview

Applied: July 26, 2016
    Invitation for video interview: September 2, 2016
    Invitation for face to face interview: October 20, 2016

The video interview was very simple. Be patient and answer the questions in the S.T.A.R. format and dress as if you were a flight attendant.

I do have a couple questions for people who have received a contingent job offer.

1. Did you select your base that day? Or do they choose for you?
    2. If you didn't choose your base that day, do they wait until after training to tell you?
    3. How was training like? I don't want to know details, just a little summary to calm my nerves.

Is anybody going for an interview on November 9, 2016 @ 12:30? Maybe we can meet up so we can have somebody to mingle with that we're comfy with.

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Delta Air Lines.

Interview

I applied online and was invited to do a one way video interview about a week later.
    Completed the interview...they gave you 30 seconds to prepare before the video records and you cannot rerecord a video. You get 3 minutes to record.
    After I submitted my videos I got an email offering a phone interview about a week later. I'm completing the phone interview later today.
    Will update!

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to change your plan last minute, what was the outcome and how did you adapt?   13 Answers
    • Describe a situation you had a difficult customer. What happened and how did you handle it?   11 Answers
    • What qualifications and experience do you posess that would make you a good fit for this position?   89 Answers

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Delta Air Lines.

Interview

Applied initially online, and took the "personality" assessment. About 5 weeks later was contacted to submit a one-sided video interview. They ask you 5 questions, you have 30 seconds to prepare, and 2 minutes to answer the question. You also get a break in between each question which is nice! All the questions I was asked have been submitted on this website, so nothing unexpected. I submitted my video a week ago and I'm waiting to hear back...

Interview Questions

• Please describe a situation when you demonstrated initiative and took action without waiting for direction. What was the situation? What actions did you take and what were the results?   9 Answers
    • Tell us about a time when you had to work with someone with a difficult personality. What made this person difficult and how did you handle it? What were the results?   4 Answers
    • Give us an example of a choice you made to go above and beyond what was needed to satisfy a customer. What was the situation? What actions did you take and what were the results?   3 Answers
    • Tell us about a time when you worked on a team with someone who did not do his or her share of the work. What was the situation? What actions did you take and what were the results?   2 Answers
    • Tell us about a time when you witnessed a coworker or colleague breaking the rules or acting in a dishonest or unprofessional manner. What was the situation? What actions did you take and what were the results?   3 Answers

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Delta Air Lines.

Interview

You start out with a questionnaire and if you go past that, you'll get a virtual interview. Questions are pretty typical and can be found online. You can rerecord your answers for each question which helps, but definitely should do research on possible questions and answers before starting the virtual interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you provided excellent service to a customer. (Answer in STAR Format)   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Delta Air Lines.

Interview

They have been pretty quick with sending the video interview invitation.
    I took this Video Interview. Pretty friendly interface to go through it, 4 Questions reasonable questions to answer and they give you time to practice and also let you record your responses 5 or 6 times.
     2/3/2020: I did the video Interview, Lets see if I receive any news one of these days.
    2/4/2020: Video Interview passed (waiting for Assessment)
    2/5/2020: Received Assessment Link
       This Assessment will take about 40-60min from your time depending on how fast you want to answer
        those questions. I would suggest to use a mix of common sense and what your feels are.
        Some of those questions seem to be easy to answer, but you might wanna take your time and think
        about them and answer with what you feel or your own experiences if you have experience in the
        customer service industry.
    2/5/2020: Assessment Completed / Received Talent Card
    2/5/2020: Assessment Thank you email and Skype F2F Interview invitation. Also received links and
                            resources to prepare for this interview.
    2/7/2020: Availability/Scheduled, preparing for interview and waiting to hear for date for the Skype
                             Interview.

Interview Questions

• 1.- What did you find interesting, exciting/concerning about the Flight Attendant Video they asked you to watch.
      2.- How did your last work experiences prepared you for this position?
      3.- Introduce yourself, and tell us what are your core values?
      4.- Something about you showing a time when you had to face a complicated situation with a customer. What the situation was, what did you do to resolve it and what were the results?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Delta Air Lines (Atlanta, GA) in March 2020.

Interview

Online assessments, 4 different steps that took About a month. Video interview, face to face, online assessment and initial paperwork. Always sent notifications by email so definitely be sure to check those out frequently.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for delta   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Delta Air Lines (New York, NY) in March 2020.

Interview

Don’t quit your other job, you are most likely to not get the job even if you made it to Atlanta. They will pay for your flight ofcourse, but you have to book your own hotel or Airbnb. For Asian applicants, don’t hope too much. You’re only there for their diversity quota.

Interview date was March 2.
    There were only 3 Asians in the group and non of us made it. Even the current flight attendants from other airlines were rejected. Everything is formality. 190,000++ applicants. They said they will hire 3000 , but it’s not true.

Salary $30.98 hour

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Delta Air Lines.

Interview

Dec 31 applied, VI completed on Jan 13, assessment on Jan 14, invited on Jan 15 to do a live VI, Feb 10 Live VI, Feb 12 invited to F2F in Atlanta, F2F will be on March 16

Interview Questions

• The live interview was really nice, the lady was super friendly and was very easy to talk to.   2 Answers

Flight Attendant Interview

Interview

Applied online, then received an invite for the video interview within a couple of hours. I did the video interview yesterday. Four questions with opportunity to re-record your answer up to 5 times. Overall good process so far.