Deutsche Bank Assistant Vice President Java Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Deutsche Bank Assistant Vice President Java Developer Interview Questions

4 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Java Developer Assistant Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (New York, NY).

Interview

Was very disconnected and slow. Average time to get a reply from the HR was over a week. The interviewers were nice to deal with.
Applied over LinkedIn
HR contacted over Mail asking generic questions
Round 1 Telephonic a week later
Guy was from the UK team
Basic java questions, sql, collections, multi threading and concurrency packages. Answered everything flawlessly
Round 2 telephonic 2 weeks after first round
UK team
towards the end the Interviewer got disconnected and never bothered joining the call, which was pretty rude and unprofessional.
Answered most things except for "how to find square root of a number" this completely stumped me.

The communication process died in midway and had to follow up multiple time with the HR to get a response which was a rejection stating they selected someone else.

Overall not a good experience, not sure if the HR teams are over worked or what ! but communication was absolutely miserable

Interview Questions

• Basic java questions, sql, collections, multi threading and concurrency packages, unix commands   Answer Question
  • Java questions, SQL, math questions, multi threading, collections, garbage collection. unix commands   Answer Question
  • How do you find the square root of a numner   Answer Question
  • What happens when you enter URL in the browser   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Deutsche Bank

Assistant Vice President Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (Cary, NC).

Interview

one HR interview, two Managers interview then show around the place, there are two floors, 1st floor one side seems very tense, where all other floors are more lively, overall nothing special of this place, didn't feel like a fun place working environment

no career growth

Java Developer - Assistant Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (London, England (UK)) in September 2016.

Interview

HR interview followed by a 40 minutes phone screening. I had to rate myself on a scale of 10 in different topics (generics, collection, gc etc). Then usual multithreading and JVM internal questions. Interviewer was happy with my answers, he invited me for a next round right away.

In person interview with 3 developers. Interview was supposed to last for 2 hours, but it was 3. Again, a round of rating, then a million technical questions on concurrency, synchronizers, collections, GC, JMS, generics.

I could answer most of their questions, but they said that I did not have enough experience with systems with high load. (A thing they could have asked during the phone interview).

Interview Questions

• How is durable subscription implemented?
      How do you create a new instance of a generic type parameter?   Answer Question

Java Developer, Assistance Vice President Interview

Anonymous Employee in Moscow (Russia)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (Moscow (Russia)) in August 2011.

Interview

1st interview is with recruiter. At the end you will be asked to complete simple test sheet with Java, SQL and Unix questions. You are not expected to answer all 3 sections but assumed you are familiar at least with two. 2nd interview is group interview where delegates from 2-4 teams will estimate your knowledge of core Java (multi-threading, collections API, concurrent package). You will be asked to write example class (e.g. Tree or Queue etc). At the end of interview delegates will present their projects/team and you will be asked what team you prefer. 3rd interview is with Director where you discuss your salary and compensation.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It is hard to get salary review if you are employed less than 2 years so try to get as maximum as possible. Also, do not rely on bonus promise - these are extremely small, especially if you have reasonable salary.