Deutsche Bank Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Deutsche Bank Interview Questions

Updated Nov 15, 2018
1,519 Interview Reviews

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (New York, NY) in August 2014.

Interview

Two rounds of on-site interview. First round with hiring manager and team members. Second round with a more senior manager and other members from same department but different group. The conversations are more about communications than technical questions.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if the trader is very tough?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (Jacksonville, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

It was very quick and easy - phone interview with three different people. The overall conversation was probably about an hour. I spoke to the VP, Assistant VP, and a fellow associate.

Interview Questions

• They asked mostly about my previous experience and the overall company structure.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (New York, NY) in November 2011.

Interview

It is helpful to network with someone internally who will push a long the interview process. Leverage LinkedIn, and networking events where colleagues of your perspective employees will be. Make sure to follow up with actual links from the company's site of roles you are interested in.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Always counter offer within reason. Do your research beforehand of what the industry average it. iBanking associate generally have higher salary ranges than someone in PWM or GTB for example so make sure to do your research.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank.

Interview

Picture a small room that you can barely move around in. Behind you is a white wall on which is written several "problems" that the assembled team wants you to answer. Then imagine being told that "you don't really do any of this work, but you just manage people." when you know that you are the only person at your company who does this work.

Interview Questions

• When you install Cognos, what gets placed into each directory.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Cary, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (Cary, NC) in March 2015.

Interview

Interview process was tough. Few rounds were conducted in 2014, did not get any feedback about the interviews , but later in 2015, got a call again from the company and the interview was scheduled within a week and the very next day result was shares. Difficult technical questions ,but amicable interview panel. Overall a learning experience.

Interview Questions

• Interviewed for a back end development role. Questions ranged from very simple to very difficult questions. Learned many concepts from attending the interview.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank.

Interview

3 rounds of interview, telephonic and skype round. Questions asked related to your work by putting out the scenarios and judging how person answers it. Clear and crisp interview process

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

The interview was referred by a friend. It is highly subjective to the desk you are applying to. May or may not need prior experience in the field. a a a a a a

Interview Questions

• Will you take a bet with expected value same as the initial pay off   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (Jacksonville, FL).

Interview

Brief HR screening a few days after applying online. Two on-site visits with a couple interviews each, with one phone interview in between. Some interviewers video-connected from other locations. This was a quant role, so there were quantitative questions, but all very reasonable and relevant. One interview, with my future manager, was in a form of quantitative discussion with different business-related situations. In the middle of the last on-site visit they already expressed they liked my candidacy and passionately advertised the job. During the final conversation we discussed the financials, where they told me my desired salary was impossible, but they were sponsoring visa. They ended up giving an offer over phone with slightly less money, which I happily accepted.

Interview Questions

• Some relatively simple combinatorics and probability questions, some of which tailored to what would have to deal with at work. What is today's Dow Jones index.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank.

Interview

Standard investment banking associate level interview for industry sector coverage team in Hong Kong. Met with 6 or 7 members from ECM, M&A, and sector teams. Interview took place over 2 rounds, and a final interview with the head of the industry team. Typical questions were asked regarding deal experience and some technicals.

Interview Questions

• Typical banking questions, i.e. walk through resume and discuss deal experience   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank in June 2017.

Interview

Was contacted by recruiter from the Jacksonville office about multiple roles. She seemed quite enthused about my background and potential fit for the role. She asked me basic questions about experience, willingness to relocate to Florida, and reasons for leaving current company. Later she scheduled an interview with the hiring managers for the position I was being considered for. The interviews went quite well I thought. I was at least a decent fit for all of them. I followed up with the recruiter who committed to keep me updated, and she didn't respond. Tried once a week for three weeks to get a hold of her by email and phone. Never heard back from her. And then they wonder why they have such a hard time bringing talent to Florida. I was not even a month later when a different recruiter contacted me about another role. When I mentioned what happened she apologized and I went through the exact same exercise described above. Never heard from her again either. Believe it or not, another recruiter reached out about a different role a couple of months ago. Needless to say, I was done with DB. They need to get their act together. I understand delays, but non-response is unacceptable after you scheduled multiple interviews for multiple roles.

Interview Questions

• Case scenario situations related to specific front office role I was applying for. Nothing overly technical or difficult   Answer Question