Deutsche Bank Java Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Deutsche Bank Java Developer Interview Questions

Updated May 22, 2017

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (Durham, NC) in April 2013.

Interview

HR contacted me after reviewing my profile in linked in, and i was asked to attend first level of phone screen. The interview was very straight forward, pure java questions, from very basic to the latest technique. There was no tricky question at all. Then i was called for an in person interview, one hour with the managers and another hour with the tech team. The behavioral questions where the very common ones like, why do you want to join DB, What are your strengths, what is quality mean to you. What is the toughest situation you had ever faced, Have you faced any conflict with in your team, how did you solve etc..
They where really friendly and it was more of a casual talk.
Technical interview was a cake walk, they started with a question saying its tricky, but i was able to answer that with clear explanation. There was no coding questions asked, again there were set of straight forward java questions and a couple on Junit. I was asked to write some simple SQL.

I answered all the questions correctly, and i felt the team interviewing me was technically weaker than me. Next day the HR called me and asked me to fill in pre employment form, and discussed the Salary, without saying that i was selected or not. Later next day i was said they are working out with an internal movement to fill that position and my skill set is not matching. I found it really frustrating. Hope they don't waste some ones time like this in future.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Deutsche Bank

Java Developer Interview

Interview

Online technical test of Java and SQL. Followed by written program. Be careful, online test result counts alot. One technical interview and one techno managerial. And then HR. One day process.

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (Bengaluru (India)) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied through a consultancy for the interview in September 2016, Bangalore location. It was supposed to start at 11.30 but the candidates reached around 10 am and the process also started by 10.30. First round was online test for Java and Oracle. There were lengthy programs for which we had to tell the outputs. 25 questions and time limit was also 25 minutes. I had to complete the exam in a rush due to time limit. Questions were not tough, but very lengthy. I didn't clear the first round.

I felt bad that I didn't get a chance to appear for the interview because of the time constraint on Online test.

Interview Questions

• Check for Compile-time/Runtime errors in the programs given in online test.   Answer Question

Java Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank in May 2016.

Interview

I had a very pathetic interview experience with this company. They said I have to give an online test, and they made me to wait for 3 hrs. Since they had to handle a very huge crowd, they asked us java people to go for a group discussion. Later the first round of technical interview. I felt that they took this interview for the name sake. I did well in the interview, did not understand why they rejected. Basically they do not know how to organize the interview, n I handle crowd. Only basic questions were asked during my first round. I don't recommend anybody to appear for this company interview. When they don't have resources and planning done for the crowd why do they take interviews on weekend?

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (Pune (India)) in January 2015.

Interview

They have online tests to be given . that consist of computer basics for 25 mins n java 25mins .
    Computer basics is mandatory for all tech while java is technology specific .
    Consist of 25 questions each.
    Frankly speaking the test is a waste of time . the questions for java were so lengthy that you can not even finish reading them in 2 mins. If there is some extra 20 mind then its tough acheivable. Otherwise its a mere matter of luck .
    A gud candidate can get rejeted based on this online test .

Interview Questions

• Questions in computer basics on array , algo , BSt traversal, prefix n postfix, n mostly engineering basics .   1 Answer

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Deutsche Bank (London, England (UK)) in March 2014.

Interview

The interview consisted of a single stage in-person interview for about an hour. It was a little intimidating as I had three interviewers all popping questions at me. There was a little soft skill stuff but mainly technical.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to implement the Singleton pattern using lazy-loading, which was easy enough, but them the question continued with other implementations of the pattern specifically around multi-threading.   1 Answer