Edward Jones Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 25, 2017

3.2

1. Featured Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Edward Jones (Columbia, SC).

Interview

Entire Process took 2 months. Began by meeting with a current FA who reached out to me and referred me to apply to the FA Career Development Program. After confirming my interest during this meeting, he submitted my name to HR. A few days later, received phone call from the Talent Acquisition Recruiter for my area. Went through this screening, and was sent the initial application. After submitting it, received a call a week later to schedule the first full phone interview (approx 45 minutes). ASK QUESTIONS. Can not stress enough the importance of appearing you've done your research, while also being inquisitive. Typical STAR questions, don't be embarrassed to ask for a moment to properly reflect and give a good answer. After the phone interview, I was contacted to schedule a time to go in for a face-to-face interview with another FA in my area. This meeting lasted an hour and was very relaxed, opportunity to answer more STAR questions, while also get to ask own about the FA's experience and how he built his practice. Few days later was emailed to move forward and go through the business planning activity. This is a great opportunity to really think about what this will look for you, reach out to your recruiter and any FAs you know (or even may not know but are in the area) for questions and feedback. After submitting my plan, I was emailed to set up another phone interview to discuss my plan with HR, with a few more STAR questions thrown in for good measure. At the end of this, I was notified I would have the opportunity to schedule to sit for the Assessment. Scheduled that for about 10 days later, and after much prep work went through the assessment activity. It is challenging, but a great opportunity to show what you know and your sales skills. I took the assessment on a Friday, and received an offer the following Monday.

Interview Questions

• "Tell me about a time you had to be critical of a co-worker, and how did they respond"

"...you had to explain something complex to someone"

"...you experienced a new challenge at work and how did you respond"   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

Interview

first is the phone screening, which normally takes up to 45 mins, but the lady from talent recruit was very nice and talkative, we chat about an hour about lots of topics other than the job. Felt great after thie phone call, got emailed to do a face-to-face interview with another financial advisor in my area. very professional, established, experienced advisor, interview questions were topics on my resume, standard STEM questions. just pass the second round, preparing for the third. nice company to work for if you are interested in sales, investment, and clientele building.

Interview Questions

• How does your past experience speak to the job description here?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Edward Jones (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Several over the phone interviews and one local face to face interview with an export fed advisors. Basic Human Resources type questions. Be prepared to describe specific events and answer how you successfully saw these positive and negative tasks through.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you worked successfully indepdebtly?   1 Answer

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Edward Jones.

Interview

Long, tedious and a lot of time and work with mock day in the life and door knocking. Very long process with a lots of hoops to jump through for low return.

Project Leader Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Edward Jones.

Interview

The hiring process is one of the most particular I've experienced. The company has a reputation for looking to hire the unicorn rather than a skilled professional with a lot of potential, so the process is incredibly slow and cumbersome, with much wasted time and effort.

The process took over 5 months.

I applied in April, had a phone screen in May and filled out their candidate profile and background history which takes a few hours, phone interview in June with the hiring leader. After this round the recruiter left a voicemail that they were moving forward with other candidates but think I was a great fit for the company overall and wanted to discuss other openings. I call back and left a few voicemail's all to be ignored.

I applied for another position of the same degree in June, went through the phone screen, candidate profile and background check process again in July, and came on-site to meet with two team members in August. Early September I was notified that I was a great fit for the company but not a perfect fit for the role, which was upgraded to a Sr. Project Leader after my interview.

Interview Questions

• Mostly scenario-based questions -- tell me how you would approach this situation...   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Edward Jones.

Interview

The interview process for Edward Jones was very straight forward. I went through two phone interviews before being offered a position. Note you will be required to do a drug test and background check within two days of accepting your offer.

Interview Questions

• What was a major obstacle you had to overcome and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Rotational Development Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Interview

My first round of the interview took place at my campus with one of the company's Partners and another associate.

The second round was a 2 hour, over-the-phone with a panel of associates (5-7 associates, I believe).

Interview Questions

• What have you accomplished that demonstrates your initiative?

Have you ever experienced failure? If so, how did you overcome it?

How do you deal with an angry customer or coworker? Describe an experience you've had.

How are you able to adapt to chance? Give an example.

What accomplishment are you most proud of, particularly as it relates to your field?

What do you think are the most important characteristics and abilities a person must possess to be successful? How do you rate yourself in those areas?

What kinds of decisions are the most difficult for you?
      Describe a time when you completed a project from start to finish.

Describe your ideal working place.

Why should I hire you?

Do you have any questions for me?   Answer Question

BOA Branch Office Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Edward Jones (Tucson, AZ).

Interview

Very intense and thorough: Submit your resume online, Phone interview with someone in the BOA hiring team at Home Office in St. Louis, MO. Face to Face interview with the office you would like to work in, Skills testing, Drug Testing and Fingerprinting, Last follow up phone interview with Home Office with either details of your offer or termination of process.

BOA Branch Office Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kent, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Edward Jones (Kent, WA) in August 2017.

Interview

Shortly after I submitted my online application, I was called by a recruiter from HR at Edward Jones' corporate office in St. Louis to schedule a phone interview the following week. They were very flexible in booking the specific time. Make sure you pay attention to their Central time zone. Within a day or two of my phone interview, I was called by the BOA of the local office to schedule an in-person interview with the financial advisor. For both the phone and in-person interviews, they are working from a script and asking you mostly situational questions about your past work experience. The FA I met with was very good about sharing with me how the office works and the current distribution of work between him and the two BOA's in his office. He also answered all of my questions thoroughly. A day or two after my office interview, I received a more in-depth assessment that I was given one-hour to complete online. It took me 47-48 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Please share a time when you were given a task to do, but you did not have everything you needed to do it. How did you handle it and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Operations Interview

Interview

They ask several questions and care more about how you answer the questions rather than the content of the questions. For instance, each of the questions - I answered with very in depth and resourceful answers. But they were more interested in short to the point answers.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when one of your associates criticized you for your work.   Answer Question