Edward Jones Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Edward Jones

1,136 Interview Reviews

3.1

Director Interview

Interview

Sound, Organized. Appropriate for role for which I was applying. Professional interviewers. Recruiter made sure to keep me abreast of process. Roles in interview process were clear. Perhaps too many interviews for role. No variations in questions asked, repetitive across interviews.

Interview Questions

• Industry related experience. Organizational skills. Comfort with cold calling.   Answer Question

Pricing Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Edward Jones.

Interview

The job title and job description were vague but I was selected to be interviewed. So I thought many things would be cleared up in the first discussion with HR.
    Only HR decided they wanted an hour long video recording of me talking about how great I am for the role before they would even jump on the phone with me to continue the process. So instead, I withdrew from the atrocious interview process.

Business Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Edward Jones.

Interview

Applied on the company website, Several phone interviews, a prerecorded video interview, then an in-person interview. It was fairly transactional and generic. There were no internal cultural awareness questions, and in my in-person interview, I had hoped to "meet the team" but there were no introductions beyond the robotic pleasantries from other staff. I was told I looked "exotic", which was quite inappropriate and my interviewer seemed more interested in where I grew up than my resume, as a stark contrast to the phone conversations with the recruiter. When my recent work accomplishments were mentioned, he said it seemed "unbelievable". I provided references, and the interviewer was slightly unprofessional to the reference. Being that we are in a low diversity area, I was not impressed with the connotation of the word and did not feel that attitude would be suitable for a comfortable work environment overall.

Interview Questions

• What do you think you can bring to this position? (At the 5th interview)   Answer Question

Financial Adviser Interview

Interview

Phone interview with HR Hiring Manager. No position offered because of the hiring freeze. Hiring Manager checked my status from time to time for about two months but stopped afterward.

Service Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Edward Jones.

Interview

Edward Jones follows the STAR method for interviewing. This style of interviewing is a structured manner of responding to behavioral based interview questions by discussing the specific situation, task, action, and result of the situation you are describing.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about an example of an experience where your understanding of a client’s needs actually exceeded their needs? How did you exceed the client’s needs and what was the result?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Edward Jones in December 2020.

Interview

I applied online through their careers page. A couple days later I received an email requesting I interview for the role. The interview format was through a pre-recorded interviewing platform. The platform would give you a question/prompt, and you'd submit a video response. There were 6 questions in that format; everything from culture questions, to technical questions pertaining to the role. After a couple more days, I was asked to complete 2 questionnaires (mostly background info) before they scheduled a live video interview with the hiring leader. The live interview was in 2 parts and about 90 minutes long - (1) two senior developers asked questions pertaining to my experience with the technology the role would be using and talked about the goal of the role, (2) then the hiring manager joined (as the other two left) and was asking more detailed questions about me and my work experiences, and then asked a few conceptual work culture/personality questions. A few days later (after the weekend) I was given an offer.

Interview Questions

• Introduce yourself to us. (Response Time: 2mins)   Answer Question
    • Tell us about yourself and a professional accomplishment you are proud of. (Response Time: 2mins)   Answer Question
    • What is React and what makes it different from other UI frameworks? (Response time: 2min)   Answer Question
    • Tell us why you’d be a good fit for this position. (Response time: 2min)   Answer Question
    • When would you use a class component versus a functional component? Why? (In-person)   Answer Question

BOA Branch Office Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Edward Jones (Kansas City, MO) in December 2020.

Interview

Began with an online application then a webinar interview. There were 4 video questions and one essay question. The video questions gave you 3 attempts to re-record. It was very user friendly and the questions were easy to answer.

Interview Questions

• What is a good idea you have had? What was a complex situation you had and how did you deal with it? What are one of your career accomplishments? What’s a mistake you have made at work and how did you fix it?   Answer Question

BOA Branch Office Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Edward Jones (Charlotte, NC) in December 2020.

Interview

The recruiter called to confirm interest and explain the position then FOA called and scheduled in-person interview. Once there I was asked many situational questions centered around customer service and comparable previous experience, followed by a response 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• tell me a time you were able to influence someone to utilize your service   Answer Question

Branch Administrator Interview

Interview

five questions over the phone and if you did good they call you into their office for a face to face and if they liked you they hired you i assume

Interview Questions

• why do u want to work here   1 Answer
    • what would you like to see for the future of Edward Jones   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

Used online interview for the first step, followed by a virtual interview. During the virtual interview, I spoke with two interviewers. Got offered the position the next day but was told it could take up to a month.