Edward Jones Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Edward Jones Interview Questions

Updated Jul 20, 2017

3.2

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Edward Jones.

Interview

Phone interview. Took about 30 minutes. Recruiter asked questions about my background and also offered information about the training program. Interviewer was polite and succinct. They also asked if I was interviewing for a similar position at other firms.

Branch Office Administrator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Edward Jones.

Interview

I applied online and received an email the same day to set up a telephone interview. I didn't get too far into the interview as I was told that it was a requirement that I transfer and invest all of my retirement savings from my previous job into their company. I was very apprehensive about this. Too many what ifs… What if I was let go, fired, had to leave on my own accord, etc. I like my future savings exactly where it is.

Branch Office Administrator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Edward Jones in June 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Received Request for phone interview a few days later. Talked with recruiter for about an hour. Basic info, background, experience, expectations, etc. Moved on to second phase of interview which was a lot of online paperwork followed by waiting days for Financial Advisor to call and schedule a face to face interview. Recruiter was great. Very helpful and friendly. Financial Advisor was ok. Nice but wanted a lot given the position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Yakima, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Edward Jones (Yakima, WA) in June 2017.

Interview

Long and drawn out. Started with phone screen, then phone screen with FA, then official phone interview, then face to face with FA. He narrowed it down to 3 and they made an offer to someone else.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you didn't meet your supervisor's expectations.   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Edward Jones.

Interview

Long and over two months of my time... Made it to the final - "Day in the Life" assessment which was a joke. Literally felt like the apocalypse. Unrealistic, unfair, technology issues and literally no feedback of how I did! Then I didn't get the nice gesture from the FA to provide me candid feedback around his final decision. He met my family and we spent half the day with them... Additional bitterness comes from 6+ years in financial services before going through this process. Good experience - yes. Unhappy and feeling like someone that didn't stick to the wall when thrown - absolutely. I am confident that they are aware of the talent they are losing sight of with this process. Good luck.

Interview Questions

• Typical STAR approach questions... Be prepared to brag about yourself.   Answer Question

Finacnial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glen Ellyn, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Edward Jones (Glen Ellyn, IL).

Interview

Started with (two) phone interviews with my recruiter. Then lead to a face to face. Eventualyl after 3 weeks, I had a third phone interview. The last stage of the process is creating a business plan and taking a challenging yet interesting simulation. It is 3.5 hours long and you are put in the role of a newly hired advisor

Interview Questions

• What have you done above and beyond?   1 Answer

Financial Advisor Interview

Interview

3 phone interviews, a face to face interview, a "day in the life" assessment and a neighborhood canvassing "survey" assessment (They no longer do the last one). The process was intensive- know that they want to access if you can prospect for a financial advising book of business.

Interview Questions

• Situational questions- tell me about a time you overcame a challenge etc   1 Answer

BOA Branch Office Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Creve Coeur, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Edward Jones (Creve Coeur, MO) in May 2017.

Interview

After I submit my application, around 3 weeks, I got an email from the company to let me select a time for the phone interview. There were 2 days with several spots available. I got a phone call at the exact scheduled time, and it took 30 minutes exactly. By the way, I like her voice.

Interview Questions

• Describe a particular situation   1 Answer

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Edward Jones.

Interview

I applied on EJ website, participated in phone screening with HR, and interviewed with a financial advisor in person. HR focuses on resume and walkthrough of experience. Interview with FA has more to do with personality and behavioral assessment.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about when you had to explain a complex subject to another person.   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

Interview

Very lengthy interview process, and I think I had to participate in 4+ interviews. They are looking for candidates who are persistent and dedicated to the process, something you need as a financial advisor. The interview process is intentionally drawn out for this very reason.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Edward Jones?   1 Answer