FDM Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

FDM Group Interview Questions

Interviews at FDM Group

1,833 Interview Reviews

2.5

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FDM Group in September 2020.

Interview

Submitted resume and cv online. Got a phone call from a recruiter within a week. She sent an aptitude test through email and some practice questions (which did not help at all). After passing the aptitude test, there's a recorded interview asked 6 questions (what's your hobby, what you think of such situation, what would you do if...). The last interview included two parts, behavioral and technical.

Even though it sounds like long processes contain multiple stages, overall the interview was way too easy, not creative at all. It was pretty boring. During the last step (behavioral and technical zoom interview), I could tell interviewers were tired. They basically just read questions like robots. No energy, no enthusiasm, no interaction. A lot of the behavioral questions were repetitive, and I feel like it's not necessary to ask so many behavioral questions when I'm applying for a technical job. I didn't have any programming background but still think the technical questions were way too easy. So I was kind of disappointed. It was not challenging at all.

Oh, and they have a thing called presentation before the interview started. You and other interviewees will be in the same zoom meeting room, and a FDM employee will give a presentation talking about the company. To be honest, I wouldn't recommend joining that. It was pretty bad (at least the one I joined was pretty bad)! The host wasn't fully prepared. Didn't know what's covered in the next slide. He was swinging it. Another employee told us the hourly wage during training was $15 but the offer letter says $12. I wish they could be more professional.

ITSM Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FDM Group in August 2020.

Interview

Apply, you will pass phone interview, then a second phone interview. After you will be scheduled for a zoom interview technical Interview and then work environment . Staff are flexible and helpful, your recruiter after you pass the first interview will give you helpful tips, for the next phase.

Interview Questions

• What’s a primary key?
      How do you extract information from a table?
      What’s a JOIN statement?
      What’s a VLOOKUP?
      What are some functions that you used?
      What’s VBA used for?   Answer Question

Training Program Interview

Interview

begins with submitting your CV, followed by a telephone interview and then a video interview. group interviewing where multiple candidates in a same group chat. two interviews, one is a behavior interview and other is a technical interview all in the same day.

Business Consultant Interview

Interview

Started out with a brief phone call, and then a series of questions that I had to film and submit my answers to via video. Last was a two part zoom interview with a hiring manager and one with a technical trainer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FDM Group (Boston, MA) in July 2020.

Interview

Phone interview then 6-question one-way video interview and timed aptitude test. No other calls coming. Basic strength one-way video interview. Pay attention to time when taking the aptitude test. Don't waste too much time on the basic math questions. Spend time on the characters pattern matching.

Interview Questions

• Hobby? What would be your approach if you were close to reaching a deadline but still had tasks to complete? How to adapt when you encounter new situations? What to do if you're working on a task that someone in another team has a lot of knowledge about? When was the last time you experienced a setback and overcame it? Why you are passionate about a career in the tech industry?

Math questions. one Project Management question. Follow the codes and flow charts calculation and work out the result. Codes with loop structure and calculate the result. Branch Control structure. Possible number combinations. Three bags with 3 incorrect labels, two white golf balls, 2 yellow balls, one white and one yellow, determine the contents of each bag correctly by removing only one ball. Films arrangement with restricted conditions. Learn a system of characters pattern matching, determine which patterns match certain strings.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FDM Group (Houston, TX) in July 2020.

Interview

Had a phone recruiter call and do an initial phone screen. Sent a simple pseudo-code test and then one-way video interview with 6 basic personality questions.
    Went on to the next stage with a video interview over zoom. The behavioral interview was somehow even more impersonal than the recorded one. The technical interview asked some questions about Java and SQL and was enjoyable.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FDM Group (Austin, TX) in July 2020.

Interview

All the candidates joined a zoom meeting for a quick presentation before breaking off into separate meetings for one on one interviews. The one on ones consisted of a strength based interview where soft skills were managed and the a technical interview where you were tested on your technical skills.

Interview Questions

• What are the four pillars of object oriented programming?
      Can you describe one of the pillars in more detail?   1 Answer

Graduate Programmer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FDM Group in July 2020.

Interview

There was a phone screen followed by a general aptitude test. After the test there was an additional phone call to setup the interview. The main interview consisted of talking to two members back to back.

IT/Software Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cypress, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at FDM Group (Cypress, TX) in June 2020.

Interview

1- Video interview: using an app where questions are recorded and you would have 1min to answer it.

2- Aptitude rest: about 24 questions mix of math and some coding.

3- Strength/weakness interview: live interview with an account manager who later places you in a location for your work assignment.

4- Technical interview: asking you about coding and general knowledge.

Junior Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FDM Group in June 2020.

Interview

First I got a phone interview with one of the recruiters, after that she sent me the links for remote interviews. I completed both of them and NEVER HEARD BACK from the recruiter. I emailed her three times regarding three different subjects and she didn't respond to any of them. Overall the company doesn't seem like a good fit for me since they just want to take advantage of people without any experience by trapping them into two year contract. If someone wants to leave sooner than two years or if they get fired, the employee has to pay them $30k!! and their salary is about $40k-$45k.

Interview Questions

• First part: what are your hobbies, if you are close to a deadline but still have a lot of work to do what will you do, if someone in another team has a lot of knowledge about a project you are working on what will you do
      Second part was multiple choice questions (coding and mathematics) which I think you can find the answers by searching them on Google   Answer Question