FDM Group Java Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

FDM Group Java Developer Interview Questions

Interviews at FDM Group

2.3

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FDM Group (New York, NY) in May 2019.

Interview

Had a phone screening, multiple choice test, then two on-site interviews, one behavioral and another technical based on my resume. The on-site technical just tried to probe your knowledge of any technical skills mentioned on the resume so I was asked about SQL, object oriented programming, java, and a bit of unix.

Interview Questions

• What are the four pillars of object oriented programming?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for FDM Group

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FDM Group (Charlotte, NC) in May 2019.

Interview

FDM has a pretty straight forward interview process. They were always open for questions and allowed plenty of time to think about things. Victor was my recruiter and was extremely helpful and nice. The first step of the process was a phone interview where they asked what I wanted and what they did. The second interview was an in person interview where you meet the people at FDM and its technical. Lastly, if you pass they extend an offer which outlines how much you will make and what benefits you get.

Interview Questions

• What are the four pillars of OOP.   1 Answer

Java Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FDM Group.

Interview

I was first given a brief overview of the company, what they offer, and what to expect. I was then given a brief assessment test. Afterwards I got a brief personal interview with one of the people from sales. The questions were mostly about what I learned from college, how do I get along with others, any projects that I completed, etc etc.

Interview Questions

• No difficult question was asked. But the one that did take the longest was explaining my final project that I completed in college and also a project that I did during my spare time.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at FDM Group (New York, NY) in March 2013.

Interview

The interview process was really pleasant. I'd never had a group interview before, and while that led to a lot of waiting, it was interesting to talk to the other candidates-- especially since all who got offers and accepted would be in class together. The interview was very very easy. But I also think the offer is a bit of a scam.

Interview Questions

• Questions were pretty easy overall. Make sure you know definitions of acronyms, etc.   Answer Question

The offer is way to low, and asking you to support yourself during a long training process is unreasonable. Add to that the 2-year commitment, and the offer is absurd.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FDM Group (New York, NY) in November 2012.

Interview

I recently went in for their assessment day in NYC. I will be starting training in a week.

The assessment day consisted of an hour long written test and two one-on-one interviews. The test is composed of some technical questions, some project management questions, coding examples and questions on them. You don't need more than a first semester programming course to answer the questions about the example code. If you're a project management applicant, I believe they mark you more leniently because they don't expect you to have a background in programming.

My first interview was a technical one where I was asked about the skills I wrote on my resume (if you wrote something there, you better know it - at least somewhat) and I was asked to show some code I had written.

My second interview was more to see how interested I was in FDM in general, what fields I'd be more interested in, how my previous experiences (work + college) affect my ideas about how my career should look in the future, etc.

Interview Questions

• I wasn't ready for questions about skills which were mentioned on my resume but which I had only minimal exposure to.   Answer Question

Negotiation

None.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FDM Group (New York, NY) in September 2012.

Interview

Company puts you through a 4 month training process as their trainee and after training is over they get you an interview with one of their clients. They have a contract for 2 years that starts once you are placed with one of their clients.

Interview process was a brief introduction and powerpoint followed up by a competency test which consisted of basic programming questions and a few logic questions. Then was a technical interview followed by an HR interview, neither were terribly difficult.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FDM Group (New York, NY) in July 2011.

Interview

There will be a written test and then a couple of interviews, 1 with the HR and the other is technical with their trainers. They will contact you in a couple of days.

Negotiation

They have a standard package for all the fresh grads.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FDM Group (New York, NY) in June 2012.

Interview

I applied online and heard back from FDM after a week or so. We scheduled a phone interview, which was pretty brief - my interviewer told me a bit about the position, asked me what I knew about FDM and about a few items on my resume. The entire phone interview was less than 15 minutes long, and after that we scheduled an in-person interview. I was asked to bring a form of ID, a printout of some code I'd written, and a copy of my resume.

The in-person interview was at their Wall Street office, which was very pleasant, clean, and organized, and started with a presentation on FDM as a company, the position, and their training program. If you're curious, the training consists of 17 weeks on Java, Unix, JavaScript, and SQL along with some basic finance and professional skills, followed by an assignment with one of FDM's clients, most of which are based in Manhattan, Jersey City, or Stamford. Afterwards, the other applicants and I took a short test made up of basic logic, math, and programming questions. Both the presentation and test were about 20 minutes each.

After the test was finished, we had one-on-one technical and HR interviews. No whiteboard coding came up, but I was asked questions on data structures (trees, linked lists, and the efficiency of various operations) and to describe the output of some code my interviewer had written. The HR interviewer asked some questions about my background and personal life: what I like to do in my free time, what I'd do if I was working with a team that had uncooperative/hostile coworkers on it, and what I liked/disliked about the position based on what I'd heard. The entire process took less than three hours.

I received an email a couple of hours after finishing the in-person interviews saying I was accepted. I ended up declining because they couldn't give me a guarantee about where I'd end up working (it would take me about 2 and a half hours to get to/from Stamford from my home) and the pay wasn't enough for me to relocate. They were accepting and pleasant about it, and the entire experience went pretty well.

Interview Questions

• Explain the differences between an abstract class and an interface in Java.   1 Answer

The contract is too harsh (you have to work for them for 2 years, $30,000 fine for leaving before the 2 years are up), couldn't make any guarantees on where I would be working, inadequate pay.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FDM Group (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

Assessment day with three 5-minute interviews after a series of tests. The interviews were fairly straightforward, verifying things on your resume and more or less determining whether or not you would be willing to work towards achieving your goals in the Business and IT fields. The interviews were more about gauging your personality, rather than technical ability; in hindsight, not much technological background is required for the program, but you must be able to pick up on technological concepts fairly quickly. I was notified the next morning that I had been accepted to start my in-house training.

Interview Questions

• If you were given an unsorted array and you were looking for a specific element, how would you go about finding it?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at FDM Group (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

After submitted my resume only for 2 hours, I received a call from account manager of FDM to make an appointment of phone interview. The question for phone screening is pretty simple: What do you know about FDM? Since I got help from Glassdoor, I went through it very easily. The manager also asked something in my resume of my GPA, visa status etc. explaining the salary and commitment. The next step is to schedule an on-site test and interview for general, logic and professional knowledge.