Family Dollar Stores Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

Family Dollar Stores Interview Questions

Updated Feb 20, 2018

1.9

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores.

Interview

Before the store manager even interviewed me, she handed me a drug test and told me she wouldn't interview me until after the drug test, so I didn't waste her time.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores.

Interview

you get called back if the store needs people they are always hiring though you go in be there on time not early the manager will be busy until your time. you will be asked some questions and if you want to take a drug test or not if you pass the test its a instant pee int he cup test you be either told your hired or to wait a few days and see if we call you back

Interview Questions

• can you multitask
      can you pass a drug test its a pee in the cup test on site
      can you lift 40 pounds
      tell me about your recent work experiences
      tell me a time you had to multi task
      tell me a time you didnt get along with another employee and how did you resolve it   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Portland, CT) in December 2017.

Interview

Initially I applied online. I received a call from the assistant manager a day after I submitted the application to come in for an interview. The assistant manager was the person conducting the interview on his day off (they were understaffed). The interviewer only asked me a few basic questions. It was mostly comprised of him talking about the job description and duties of the job itself. I was told there would be a second round of interviews with the manager; however I never received a call back, so I’m assuming I didn't get the job.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Apex, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Apex, NC) in December 2017.

Interview

Applied on line and was called the following week for instore interview. Manager was very nice and talked to the district manager while there over the phone. She was very nice and asked a few basic questions. Interview was very comfortable and stress free.

Interview Questions

• How I would handle a customer shop lifting.   1 Answer

Customer Service Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (New York, NY) in December 2017.

Interview

I applied online and took assessment test. Manager called me the next day to set up an interview a couple days later. Had interview and waited two days for background check to come back, then went in for on board process. Started the next day.

Manager is great. Very friendly. Walked in store and talked to manager as she checked out customers. Asked basic questions: previous employment, reliability, etc.

Interview Questions

Interview

Interview was quick. Brought you in, ask the basic questions, and then I was hired. They did a background test, and you had to go through online training courses. It was kind of tedious but it was okay.

Interview Questions

• How to deal with a customer who looks like their shoplifting?   1 Answer

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores.

Interview

I was never interviewed worked 2 wks. I was promoted to assistant manager position . Hiring manager checked to see if I was red flagged I was not so I was told to come in with my i.d.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Denver, CO) in November 2017.

Interview

Good experience. Fun environment. Hard work sometimes. Customer service oriented. Can be fun and rewarding job if your willing to put in the work. Management is helpful and rewards hard workers.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilkes-Barre, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Wilkes-Barre, PA) in November 2017.

Interview

The interview process with family dollar is very basic. Their questions are very generic and easy to answer. The whole process takes about 15 minutes. Before leaving they have you take your drug test. Pretty much you just need to pass the drug test and have open availability to be hired.

Interview Questions

• Why do I wanna work at family dollar?   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bakersfield, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Bakersfield, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

Very short. Was conducted by a young kid, early 20s maybe. Didn’t really ask much just kinda read over my resume. Asked how much I was making at my current job and if I had reliable transportation.

Interview Questions

• Can you multitask in a timely manner?   1 Answer