Family Dollar Stores Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 9, 2018

1.9

IMPORT REPLENISHMENT PLANNER Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Matthews, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Matthews, NC).

Interview

I applied online, had a phone interview with HR, came in and took a basic purchasing/ math assessment and had four thirty minute interview sessions with approx 10 managers. I followed up two weeks later and was asked to come back in and meet with four more managers in two thirty minute interviews, which I did. I was told that I would hear back within 2 weeks...the recruiter was very responsive compared to some I have worked with

Interview Questions

• How do you handle conflict?   1 Answer
    • Why are you interested in Family Dollar/ wanting to leave your company?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a project you've done where you had to analyze a lot of data.   1 Answer

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parkersburg, WV

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Parkersburg, WV) in February 2018.

Interview

Went to a local store 15 minutes before the interview. The interviewer had left and was supposed to be back within a few minutes. They did not return, talked to 2 other managers and then was asked to come back a couple hours later. I did but the interviewer was on a long conference call. I kind of interviewed with the manager I had spoke to before, he told me all about what to expect and the mangers job I had applied for was part time at minimum wage to start. This was extremely disappointing and they asked if I could come back again but I didn't.

Interview Questions

• He asked me if I had a family and if spending time with them was important. He then commented that Family Dollar requires managers to work a minimum of 52 hours a week with only Sundays off.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores.

Interview

Before the store manager even interviewed me, she handed me a drug test and told me she wouldn't interview me until after the drug test, so I didn't waste her time.

CSA - Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Boston, MA) in February 2018.

Interview

there wasnt one! there was no formal one on one interview there was not an interview at all actually. they asked over the phone if i filled out the application process online i said yes and next thing i know im being called into the store to complete the hiring process.

Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Dallas, TX) in February 2018.

Interview

I applied online and received an email from a recruiter within days. Recruiter set up a phone interview within 2 days. Was told by the recruiter they would notify me of next steps within following week. 2 weeks after the initial interview I followed up with the recruiter and was told they were still interviewing; they did not have an update on my application or if I would be moving forward. It has now been over a month and I have not heard from the recruiter.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores.

Interview

you get called back if the store needs people they are always hiring though you go in be there on time not early the manager will be busy until your time. you will be asked some questions and if you want to take a drug test or not if you pass the test its a instant pee int he cup test you be either told your hired or to wait a few days and see if we call you back

Interview Questions

• can you multitask
      can you pass a drug test its a pee in the cup test on site
      can you lift 40 pounds
      tell me about your recent work experiences
      tell me a time you had to multi task
      tell me a time you didnt get along with another employee and how did you resolve it   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Portland, CT) in December 2017.

Interview

Initially I applied online. I received a call from the assistant manager a day after I submitted the application to come in for an interview. The assistant manager was the person conducting the interview on his day off (they were understaffed). The interviewer only asked me a few basic questions. It was mostly comprised of him talking about the job description and duties of the job itself. I was told there would be a second round of interviews with the manager; however I never received a call back, so I’m assuming I didn't get the job.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Apex, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Apex, NC) in December 2017.

Interview

Applied on line and was called the following week for instore interview. Manager was very nice and talked to the district manager while there over the phone. She was very nice and asked a few basic questions. Interview was very comfortable and stress free.

Interview Questions

• How I would handle a customer shop lifting.   1 Answer

Customer Service Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (New York, NY) in December 2017.

Interview

I applied online and took assessment test. Manager called me the next day to set up an interview a couple days later. Had interview and waited two days for background check to come back, then went in for on board process. Started the next day.

Manager is great. Very friendly. Walked in store and talked to manager as she checked out customers. Asked basic questions: previous employment, reliability, etc.

Interview Questions

Interview

Interview was quick. Brought you in, ask the basic questions, and then I was hired. They did a background test, and you had to go through online training courses. It was kind of tedious but it was okay.

Interview Questions

• How to deal with a customer who looks like their shoplifting?   1 Answer