Fifth Third Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 3, 2018

2.7

Peronal Banker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fifth Third (Indianapolis, IN) in April 2011.

Interview

Interview and hiring process were very proffesional. The onboarding ran smoothly even though my training was in a different city and state.

Interview Questions

• If you work in Retail, your manager's leadership will make the banking center grow rapidly or fall quickly. Why don't PB's get paid more on their base?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation opportunity for this role!!

Assistant Vice President Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fifth Third (Cincinnati, OH).

Interview

Interviewed twice. had an offer letter within 3 weeks.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

salary, vacation and some other non-tangibles. Fifth third is very tight on salary. Do not expect to get paid well.

Associate Portfolio Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fifth Third.

Interview

I applied for a position online and was contacted by a recruiter a few days later for the initial phone screen. The recruiter indicated that notes from our conversation would be shared with the team with feed back to me in a week. I emailed the recruiter about a week later and never got a reply. Needless to say I probably didn't get the job. It would have been nice to take 30 seconds to reply to my message.

Interview Questions

• It was fairly standard questions about my background. "Tell me about a big win you had in your last position".   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Fifth Third.

Interview

The interview process was very quick. I applied online and received a call later that week from a recruiter, we scheduled a phone interview for the next day and the process began. After the initial phone interview, I was invited to Chicago for a final round of interviewing a couple weeks after the initial contact. Once in Chicago, I interviewed with 6 managers/vps and met with the person in HR I had spoken with throughout. I received an offer the week after, overall the process lasted a month.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at 5/3?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about your biggest weakness   Answer Question
    • Are you planning on going to graduate school, if not how are you going to set yourself apart down the road in your career?   Answer Question

Audit Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Fifth Third in October 2014.

Interview

First rounds were at my college campus in the career services office. Final rounds were a few interviews and a office visit. Overall the experience wasn't too difficult and they really want to see personality.

LDP Interview

Interview

I had an on campus interview as well as a meet and greet the night before. The pre-night event was an opportunity to learn more about each program and get an idea of which program you would like to pursue. The interview was fairly basic with mostly behavioral based questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you faced an ethical dilemma in the workplace.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Fifth Third (Cincinnati, OH) in January 2015.

Interview

First round was a phone screening with hiring manager after the initial discussions with a HR representative. First round of in-person interview with 5 individuals, mostly peers and reporting manager. The interview itself was a very long process. This was followed by an interview with HR representative discussing mostly about work culture and why 53 etc. Final round was with a senior member from management. I got the phone call to confirm offer two weeks after the final in person interview.

Interview Questions

• What measures would you take to avoid Java threading issues in a multi-threaded environment.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Fifth Third (Cincinnati, OH) in June 2016.

Interview

Applied through linked in. There were total of six interviews , from HR to VP level. Each interview were of 30 min. The panal made sure that I was super comfortable. They are very interactive. Asked a lot of questions on technical stuff and scenarios.

The first four were telephonic. And for the rest, had to travel to Cincinnati.

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ weeks. I interviewed at Fifth Third (Cincinnati, OH) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied on March 10th through their career site. Internal recruiter contacted me via phone less than 2 weeks later. I was long distance so phone interview with hiring manager was done about a week later. Fifth Third flew me out for a 2 hour, 4 person (half hour each) interview rounds. Extensive background check, drug test, fingerprints, education verification, employment history and work verification done. Accepted offer and started May 9th. Good communication from HR. Good starting salary. No paid relocation. High cost of parking downtown. Seems like I have a good boss and team.

Interview Questions

• I was asked general personality questions. This was the least technical interview I have ever experienced.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. HR asked me during first phone call what my number was and I gave them a bit of a high figure - just in case. They didn't blink and that was that.

Lead Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wadsworth, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fifth Third (Wadsworth, OH) in January 2015.

Interview

Interview pretty detailed. A lot of scenario questions. Interview took an hour. Basic questions like best and worst qualities about myself. Name a time when I had good customer service? Name a time when I had an irrational customer!