Gallup Data Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Gallup Data Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Mar 15, 2017

2.8

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Gallup.

Interview

They covered all the topics from technical to behavioral. The interview will last about half an hour. They might also ask questions regarding your background , your interests and hobbies also. I would say that it was a good interview overall and they tend to ask one question after another like in a rapid fire round.

Interview Questions

• what is it like having an Analyst mind.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Gallup

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gallup.

Interview

Online survey to phone interview to video conference to video conference to in person

Tried to get offer to use against another offer that was on table....the most unprofessional place I have ever interviewed. Two of the interviewers were laughing before the start of the call. To boot one interviewer asked if I was a 'schizoid', then said just kidding, then laughed at the end with some other troll in a remote office; both should be fired and Gallup sued for harassment and bullying. They think their personality test reveals some form of personality disorders. There is NO doubt they record everything and when you think your only talking with one person, HR and others no doubt is observing every motion you make in a room that is also obviously videotaped. The HR person will warmup to you before every call,for the sole purpose of trying to get you on a personal basis, so come negotiation time, they think you wont negotiate as from a psychological perspective, in theory, one would not negotiate hard with someone a personal basis. Whatever, your strengths finder lacks detection that one is 10 steps ahead of you. If you deviate from any original response from the online survey, I guess they label you as a 'schizoid' and laugh about you. Twisted folk.

The best was when I asked a Senior person, what the long term vision of the company, the indoctrinated 'family' lifer insisted their 'strengths' was going to be the place of growth, far more in excess of analytics, they will put a 'little' money in analytics but far more in strengths. I almost fell off my chair and laughed at this buffoon. They are out of touch with reality if they think their 'strengths' will exceed a 100BB (and growing) market, shocked at such an ignorant response. This response also speaks thunders to all reviews who touched upon nepotism. When something is so personal to you, you lose touch with reality and its clear Gallup is out of touch with reality. They are ranked last, 30th, for management consulting; they were too late to the game on MC to compete with anyone worthy. Their erroneous predictions are a testament.

Do not let them go more than 1 week before getting back to you,don't let them use you,use them :-)

Gallup had their moment in history, times have changed and I suggest you pursue more innovative.

They do have a nice office in DC, but never judge a book by its cover, One of the interviewers was intelligent, the rest frat personalities.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Gallup (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

The phone interview is the easiest as far as I am concerned. They call you and you pretty much has to answer the same questions as the initial online assessment but this time in a fast paced manner. I passed the phone interview and now I am looking at a face to face interview

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gallup in February 2015.

Interview

Made it to the on phone interview and had someone ask me a bunch of questions rating myself from 1-5. It's basically a time for self reflection and you aren't interacting with anyone. You have a proctor who will read off questions and you may ask her to repeat but is purely there for reading off questions.

Interview Questions

• How confident are you in yourself?
      Do you believe that you are the best?
      Talk about a time you have struggled?
      1 Answer

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gallup.

Interview

its an hour long telephone conversation and completely about behavioral questions. mainly about how will you manage the team ? how will you take the decision ? how will you convince a person who dont like you to complete a task that you assigned etc.

Interview Questions

• will you consider personal issues of the team member while assigning a task.   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Interview

Horrible, went through 3 rounds of interviews with HR-- all lasting about an hour to 1.5 hours. Never heard back

Interview Questions

• What was the last gift you gave someone?   17 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Gallup (Washington, DC) in January 2012.

Interview

I applied for the position on line. I was directed to an online personality test which I completed. A couple of days later someone contacted me by phone to set up a 30 minutes phone interview. I was called at time indicated.

The interviewer explained that she would not clarify any questions but she could repeat the questions if it helped me to better grasp the questions. She read the questions and i was expected to respond to questions that indicated a range of responses ranging from most likely or least likely.

At the end of the interview, I asked the interviewer what were the next steps. She indicated that someone would call me to let me know what the next steps would be. About four days later, someone called and informed me that I did not qualify to move to the next level. when I asked her what were the specific areas of concern, she indicated that she was not allowed to discuss this with me.

I was surprised because it was not clear if it was my personality that was not a fit or my skills were not a good fit. I guess the best way to prepare for a data analyst position with Gallup, study characteristics of a data analyst and respond based on what those characteristics may indicate. This may give you a shot a moving to the next level

Interview Questions

• As a manager of a person who has personal problems that are interfering with their work, how would I address the employee? these had several responses to select from   1 Answer

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Gallup in September 2014.

Interview

Scheduled a phone interview, pretty standard fast paced questions. Preliminary online assessment followed by a phone interview conducted by a nice recruiter. Questions were straight forward and back to back giving you less time to think.

Interview Questions

• What do you think about when you are driving alone at night?   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dubai (United Arab Emirates)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gallup (Dubai (United Arab Emirates)) in March 2013.

Interview

the interviwing process was clear and precise

Interview Questions

• do you praise you colleagues   1 Answer

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gallup in December 2012.

Interview

It was a fun process. Fun questions. Just be yourself

Negotiation