Gartner Program Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Gartner Program Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Gartner

3.4

Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Gartner (Stamford, CT).

Interview

Lengthy process, could take several weeks where you are interviewed by 5-10 people.

Interview Questions

• Dealling with different groups in the interview with conflict of interests and different management styles   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Gartner

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Gartner in February 2017.

Interview

A friend who works at Gartner helped get my resume to the hiring manager. Once I was engaged with HR I had a phone interview with the hiring manager, than phone interviews the the managers peer, and a customer I would be supporting. After that, I was asked to come into the office for a group video conference with the team. Finally a phone conversation with the hiring manager again.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult or unexpected. Being prepared by researching the company and knowing my background was the biggest help   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gartner (Stamford, CT) in September 2017.

Interview

I was placed through a consulting firm.

Had 2 rounds of interview, first one with the hiring manager, second round with the VP of the area concerned and a bunch of Leads I would be working with.

Feedback was pretty swift. Joined within 2 weeks so everything went pretty fast and smooth.

Interview Questions

• How do I approach working with Business e.g. Do I think of it as partnership or as a service to be provided?   1 Answer
    • How would you handle a difficult customer?   1 Answer
    • Other questions around whether I had ever fired anyone?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Interview

I was interviewing with Evanta, a Gartner company and it was a 4-step interview process. The first step was a phone screen with one of their Recruiters - more of an overview of my background, my interest in the company, etc. The second step was a phone screen with another Recruiter - digging in deeper to my background, Sales experience and what success looked like in my current role, how it was measured, etc. The third step was a phone screen with two Portfolio Managers (they oversee the Program Managers) and it was more behavioral questions "Tell me about a time when..." looking for specific examples of various Sales scenarios. The final step was an on-site interview with the VP of Sales & another Portfolio Manager. This involved another overview of my background, a live role play of a Sales meeting & a recap of my performance afterwards (what I did well, what I could have improved).

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you struggled in your Sales career? And how did you overcome that?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Gartner (Stamford, CT) in November 2018.

Interview

Interview process had multiple levels - first call with recruiter, then call with hiring manager, then onsite interviews, then two more phone interviews with senior executive and business partner. Received verbal offer, went through background check, and then received written offer.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle motivate a project team who does not report to you?   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gartner in May 2014.

Interview

Applied online, took four months for recruiter to call me. Had first interview with hiring manager and seemed to go really well. Then phone interview with her manager which also seemed to go well. Followed with peer interview with two colleagues, again great feedback. Final interview was with two VPs. It also seemed to go very well. The four interviews took over two months.

I had also been told during the process I was was a good fit for the team.

Next week after chasing recruiter I was told not the right fit.

I think decision makers on the role don't have agreement in what they were looking for so couldn't decided on a candidate.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too difficult, most asked scenario based questions   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Gartner (Sydney (Australia)) in September 2018.

Interview

Phone call (Two after applying); (Recruiter)
    Phone screening (Recruiter)
    Phone interview (Recruiter)
    Phone interview (BU Director, Recruiter)
    Video & Phone role play / presentation (VP, BU Director, Recruiter)
    Video & Phone final interview (VP)

Total 1.5 months to offer