Google Business Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 14, 2017

3.4

35 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Google (San Jose, CA).

Interview

After I applied on line, I got phone to ask some routine interview and some skill interview question for business analyst. they ask about my work experience and skill and education.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Google

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

The interview process is not that long. Interviewer was direct to the point. Questions were a bit difficult for first timers but nothing out of the regular questions being asked for an interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

applied online and got a phone call about 2 weeks later discussing about my background and googles

contacted after for an in person interview with separate divisions

the overall interview was tough. there were a lot of situation questions and based on how well you deal with each area of expertise

Interview Questions

• what is one thing you would change about any of our products?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

more than 1 hour pure interview!! Three Technical questions, Probability and stat questions. He asked me to introduce myself and talk about their team and why Google.
    shared a paper and wanted to analyzed geographically and the last question was open minded question. At the end he said the recruiter will get back to you.

Interview Questions

• First Question: Do you have any question?!!   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Google.

Interview

Applied through a Googler friend and had a phone interview with a recruiter. The recruiter was very pleasant and even seemed to be rooting for me. After that another phone interview with the hiring manager. This was the difficult part as the hiring manager knows what they are looking for. I didn't make it past this step.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Google (New York, NY) in August 2014.

Interview

I had one interview at the New York office. I was given a tour of the building. I was asked about my background and interest in relocating internationally. The person who interviewed me seemed very tired due to extensive travel.

Interview Questions

• Design an evacuation plan for the building   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Google in July 2014.

Interview

I was refered by my friend who works at Google and had one phone interview with HR so far. It lasted about 20 minutes, I was asked about details of each of my previous jobs and my University education. I had to describe a project I have completed previously which was relevant to the job position.

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

pretty much the same kinds of questions you get in a standard consulting interview, though with more prompts/opportunities to think outside the box and quirkier twists.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Google (San Francisco, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

Google contacted me on LinkedIn. The first step in the process was a screening phone call with an HR person. That led to me filling out some paperwork and sending over a current resume. After this is black hole number one. I heard nothing from Google for months. Then I was contacted saying they wanted to move forward with a technical phone screen. This took 2 months to schedule. There were multiple attempts at this interview since there were scheduling issues where the interviewer was not available. When it finally did get the interview the interviewer was 15 minutes late.

Then the process started moving a little quicker. Within two days I received feedback they wanted to move forward as soon as next week. So I said I was available and then a whole week went by with no communication. Just me waiting to know if Google wanted to fly me across the country for an interview on a days notice. Finally, I get a response saying they needed more time the interviewers were too busy so I had to pass along more dates. This time the turnaround was a bit quicker I had a date scheduled a few weeks in advance. The process for scheduling travel was smooth and easy. They do one more call with you to prepare you for the onsite interview.

Unfortunately I was being considered for multiple positions and the HR team had misprepared me for my interview. I was told to expect a technically challenging interview. I had 5 hours of project management questions. Not at all what was in the job description. There seemed to be a large gap between what HR and I expected and what the team was looking for. The nightmare recruitment process finally ended with a voicemail saying they did not want to move forward. I requested more feedback as to why apparently that is against company policy.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Google (New York, NY) in February 2014.

Interview

The phone screening took 30 minutes. Very generic questions, such as what are your career goals, why this job, why google, etc. The interviewer was nice, but it seemed like they were looking for someone with more technology experience, which I had little of. All in all, it was a great experience and I simply wasn’t the right fit for the role.