Google Business Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Google Business Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at Google

3.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Google (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2011.

Interview

The interview process was through the University on campus recruiting. The school shared a database of possible candidates for different functions based on interests and experience. From that, Google picked the people for interviews.

At the beginning a thought that the process was weird since the recruiters at Google were very inflexible with the interview hours and dates (considering that I was an student). But in the end I yielded since it is Google right? Probably they have a lot of people who want to work there. Then at the time of the interview (was by phone), the interviewer called me almost 40 minutes late and spent probably 30-35 minutes talking about himself and his projects. I was really expecting an interview where the interviewer was interested somehow in getting to know me more and who would have spend the 45 minutes we had for that call more wisely. But again, they are Google, right? They can do pretty much what they want. The rest of the time we basically spent it talking about my thoughts on a few of his projects and one business case.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult questions was regarding my understanding of the education industry and how I could help institutions to attract better people to the system (students) and why would that be better than bringing anyone who could pay the tuition in the long term. This question was more like a regular consulting business case with a very limited amount of time   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Google

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA) in July 2011.

Interview

Had an initial call with two different recruiters to discuss which groups were interested. Very unorganized as neither knew I had spoken to the other. Then a phone interview with members of the group. Asked some brainteasers and some strategy/consulting-type questions, but pretty brief. Heard back from a recruiter the next day about continued interest and was scheduled to fly to Mountain View the next week.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 10 years?   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Google.

Interview

Hiring process is different for the two positions I interviewed. One started with talking to the team leader on the phone, and then bring me to the onsite. The other one started with phone screening with HR, and then the HM, on the phone still.

Interview Questions

• They asked specific operation processes regarding their business   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

pretty much the same kinds of questions you get in a standard consulting interview, though with more prompts/opportunities to think outside the box and quirkier twists.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA) in December 2009.

Interview

During the first phone interview, mainly he asked about my current work experience. Then he moved on to a business case question that was similar to the job posting. At the onsite interview, I interviewed with 5 people, each individually. They asked about my work experience, what I did after work, and more business case interviews.

Interview Questions

• How many websites are on the internet? How would you find out the number?   4 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA) in May 2009.

Interview

During all the interviews, the interviewers started with the basic background questions, but then eventually evolved into a series of "test" questions (which mostly seemed prepared in advanced). These were used to get an idea of your overall "thinking skill" - not specific to the job. They were stories that required reasoning and not jumping to the first answer that comes to mind. Overall, they appear to test you general logical reasoning skills/intelligence.
    The interviewers also typed all of my answers as I spoke. I suppose this is to record my responses in a database so that if I ever apply for a job again at Google, the new interviewers can see my prior responses.

Interview Questions

• If someone came to you and asked you to rebuild the Golden Gate bridge, how would you go about it?   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Google.

Interview

Applied through a Googler friend and had a phone interview with a recruiter. The recruiter was very pleasant and even seemed to be rooting for me. After that another phone interview with the hiring manager. This was the difficult part as the hiring manager knows what they are looking for. I didn't make it past this step.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Google (New York, NY) in August 2014.

Interview

I had one interview at the New York office. I was given a tour of the building. I was asked about my background and interest in relocating internationally. The person who interviewed me seemed very tired due to extensive travel.

Interview Questions

• Design an evacuation plan for the building   2 Answers

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Google in July 2014.

Interview

I was refered by my friend who works at Google and had one phone interview with HR so far. It lasted about 20 minutes, I was asked about details of each of my previous jobs and my University education. I had to describe a project I have completed previously which was relevant to the job position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Google (San Francisco, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

Google contacted me on LinkedIn. The first step in the process was a screening phone call with an HR person. That led to me filling out some paperwork and sending over a current resume. After this is black hole number one. I heard nothing from Google for months. Then I was contacted saying they wanted to move forward with a technical phone screen. This took 2 months to schedule. There were multiple attempts at this interview since there were scheduling issues where the interviewer was not available. When it finally did get the interview the interviewer was 15 minutes late.

Then the process started moving a little quicker. Within two days I received feedback they wanted to move forward as soon as next week. So I said I was available and then a whole week went by with no communication. Just me waiting to know if Google wanted to fly me across the country for an interview on a days notice. Finally, I get a response saying they needed more time the interviewers were too busy so I had to pass along more dates. This time the turnaround was a bit quicker I had a date scheduled a few weeks in advance. The process for scheduling travel was smooth and easy. They do one more call with you to prepare you for the onsite interview.

Unfortunately I was being considered for multiple positions and the HR team had misprepared me for my interview. I was told to expect a technically challenging interview. I had 5 hours of project management questions. Not at all what was in the job description. There seemed to be a large gap between what HR and I expected and what the team was looking for. The nightmare recruitment process finally ended with a voicemail saying they did not want to move forward. I requested more feedback as to why apparently that is against company policy.