Google Program Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 18, 2017

3.1

45 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Google.

Interview

The first round was with the HR and then with the hiring manager.The phone interview with the hiring manager was basically questions from my resume, hypothetical situations, case studies.Was told during the interview that I was selected for the next round.

Other Interview Reviews for Google

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA).

Interview

I applied through Google's career site and contacted a friend who also referred me for the role. I was scheduled for an initial phone screen and had my call with one of the initial recruiters. The recruiter seemed disinterested in what I had to share about my experience and background and abruptly ended the call without providing info about next steps. I was really disappointed in how the call was handled and was surprised that Google managed its screening process in such an unprofessional manner.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Google (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

Fast and furious.
    I think this company is good and very usefull
    My friend pass thr interview too
    I love this company, because it is a good place, good coworker, and good salary, good everything. My mama is working at this company too, my dad too

Interview Questions

• How do you think a about OT   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

Interview process from start to finish took about 2 months. It started with a phone interview with someone who is currently doing the job. Then I was offered an opportunity to come to Mountain View. I had three 45 min interviews in the morning. I had someone escort me to lunch and chat with me about the company. Then I had two interviews in the afternoon session. Overall, everyone was nice and I thought the interview questions were fair.

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Google in January 2016.

Interview

Started with a call from the recruiter to let me know that I had been selected for the phone screen. Then via email over the next week we arranged the time for that call. I interviewed with someone in the same position from another Google Fiber city. The questions were pretty standard. After that I got an email from the original recruiter and a new recruiter who let me know I had made it to the in person interviews. We arranged for me to take the interview at the local office instead of traveling to Mountain View for personal reasons. They were really accomodating about that. The day of the interviews I had lunch with a future co-worker at the local office and then interviewed with 4 people all through Google Hangout but in the local office. It took about 4 hours and was actually a super easy process. Again the questions were not hard, I had prepared well, and overall the experience was fantastic.

Interview Questions

• all behavioral style questions, nothing too tricky if you prepared well.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Google (Redwood City, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

A Google recruiter called me for the first pass, sanity check. She said Google asks several agencies to find candidates (I made the first cut) and then they review all the candidates from all the recruiters, so it may be weeks before Google calls me for their first pass.
    They called me with no warning as my resume is on the boards and on LinkedIn stating I am looking.

Interview Questions

• Q: How long have I been a Program Manager and what experience do I have with software engineering teams?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

I was told I'd be coming in to meet the hiring manager but that it wouldn't be an official interview. Once I'd arrived, they popped open their laptop and started down the list of interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Pretend you are replacing all of XX hardware in the company. How would you do that?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Telephone, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Google (Telephone, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

Phone screen then hour telephone interview - the recruiter was extremely nice, called before my interview to prep me, and then called to let me know that they were moving on with other candidates. Overall, a very positive experience.

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Google.

Interview

First interview was HR, that went as expected. then the next one was with an employee of the company that was a very technical interview at Google for a non-technical role. Not a good experience at all.

Interview Questions

• Please describe the logic to write a doubly linked linked list?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

First step involved screening by HR via telephonic interview, this was followed by another telephonic interview with the hiring manager. Finally, was invited to the site for 3 different interviews one of which was a panel interview.

Interview Questions

• Questions were straight forward and designed to gauge experience and thought process.   Answer Question