Google Software Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Google Software Developer Interview Questions

Updated May 17, 2017

3.5

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Google.

Interview

2 45 minute phone interviews. Back to back! Found it very difficult and challenging. Had one graph related problem and one dynamic programming problem. Make sure you are thoroughly prepared.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Google

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

First, a behavioral phone interview with an HR person. She was very nice and was very helpful throughout the whole process. Next came an online "code sample", essentially a technical interview without sitting with/talking to a person, which was relatively challenging but not terrible. Then they invited me to an onsite interview, and I was in the midst of the scheduling process when I got a call from my recruiter saying they had made all the graduating hires that they wanted to this year, and canceled the onsite. Very bummed about that but overall was a good experience

Interview Questions

• How would you implement the initial (filled) board for a Candy Crush-style game?   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Google.

Interview

There's an initial soft screening process followed by a phone interview with a Google Doc. It's annoying because you can't easily sync text from one to the other. Overall, it's pretty fair.

Interview Questions

• Write an algorithm to return the highest product of primes in an array.   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Google in February 2017.

Interview

One find day I got a call from Google engineering, then arranged my first telephone interview after couple of weeks. It took almost an hour. It was good. The interviewer seemed to be in hurry, he directly started asking me technical questions instead of telling about him or asking about me. Nothing ....straight on technical question. So be ready for such experience too.

Interview Questions

• 1. Place binary values in nXn matrix in a such way that the sum of values in rows and columns are even.
      2. Design a tree from the give preorder and postorder travesrals
      2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

It's a onsite interview. The interviewers are very nice. The first round, I was asked to separate a picture into two clusters base RGB value; The second round, I am ask to judge if two BST has same arrays. The third round, I was ask to design a biggest "Welcome" String in given length, width page. The fourth round is about merge k sorted lists, design LRU.

Interview Questions

• The first round, I was asked to separate a picture into two clusters base RGB value; The second round, I am ask to judge if two BST has same arrays. The third round, I was ask to design a biggest "Welcome" String in given length, width page. The fourth round is about merge k sorted lists, design LRU.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Google (Bellevue, WA) in January 2017.

Interview

I first did an hour-long coding challenge before getting scheduled with two back-to-back skype interviews that were extremely technical. Both of these interviewers were helpful and positive. I was then passed to the next round for another technical skype interview, where my interviewer obviously did not care about me and was distracted throughout the whole process. It was a frustrating end to a month long process.

Interview Questions

• One interviewer asked me about some small background information on my resume.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Google in December 2016.

Interview

Submitted resume through campus recruiter and an online application. Was contacted by recruiter about a month later for phone screening (mostly technical questions, easy-medium on Leetcode). Haven't heard back since

Interview Questions

• How would you explain microarchitecture to someone not in the field?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Google (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

Got an email from recruiter and interview got scheduled two weeks later. Phone interview was not hard but I could not manage the time to answer the second question.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Google (San Francisco, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

I got a call from a recruiter for a telephonic interview, Telephonic interview was scheduled after 3 weeks and interviewer asked 2 question
    Got a respond for that interview in 4 days and then the onsite interview was scheduled after a month
    There were 5 - 45 mins interviews
    Got a respond for that in 3 days

Interview Questions

• Telephonic interview
      1.Related to Array

4. Take an stream data and transform the data in required format
      5. Create a Vending Machine to return change
      1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Google (Dallas, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

I got the recruiter email when she visited our campus. Later I got in contact and she was hiring. So there was an initial screen with her. There was a primary coding round. Had a technical phone screen later.

Interview Questions

• The questions were related to matching words from a string and Corpus, since i have mentioned python as my primary language.   1 Answer