Google Software Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 1, 2018

3.5

138 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Developer Interview

Interview

applied online and then got a coding assessment.one hacker rank followed by 2 technical interviews.Interviewer was helpful and was giving hints. he also asked some basic java questions.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Google

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Google.

Interview

After campus info session, the recruiter contacted for arranging 2 back to back technical phone interviews. After that interview there would be another interview to match for project.

Interview Questions

• 1. Find the peak in given array
      2. Greedy algorithm related question involving intervals.
      3. how to determine whether number is power of 2 or not   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

First, a behavioral phone interview with an HR person. She was very nice and was very helpful throughout the whole process. Next came an online "code sample", essentially a technical interview without sitting with/talking to a person, which was relatively challenging but not terrible. Then they invited me to an onsite interview, and I was in the midst of the scheduling process when I got a call from my recruiter saying they had made all the graduating hires that they wanted to this year, and canceled the onsite. Very bummed about that but overall was a good experience

Interview Questions

• How would you implement the initial (filled) board for a Candy Crush-style game?   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Google.

Interview

2 45 minute phone interviews. Back to back! Found it very difficult and challenging. Had one graph related problem and one dynamic programming problem. Make sure you are thoroughly prepared.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Google.

Interview

There's an initial soft screening process followed by a phone interview with a Google Doc. It's annoying because you can't easily sync text from one to the other. Overall, it's pretty fair.

Interview Questions

• Write an algorithm to return the highest product of primes in an array.   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Google in February 2017.

Interview

One find day I got a call from Google engineering, then arranged my first telephone interview after couple of weeks. It took almost an hour. It was good. The interviewer seemed to be in hurry, he directly started asking me technical questions instead of telling about him or asking about me. Nothing ....straight on technical question. So be ready for such experience too.

Interview Questions

• 1. Place binary values in nXn matrix in a such way that the sum of values in rows and columns are even.
      2. Design a tree from the give preorder and postorder travesrals   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

It's a onsite interview. The interviewers are very nice. The first round, I was asked to separate a picture into two clusters base RGB value; The second round, I am ask to judge if two BST has same arrays. The third round, I was ask to design a biggest "Welcome" String in given length, width page. The fourth round is about merge k sorted lists, design LRU.

Interview Questions

• The first round, I was asked to separate a picture into two clusters base RGB value; The second round, I am ask to judge if two BST has same arrays. The third round, I was ask to design a biggest "Welcome" String in given length, width page. The fourth round is about merge k sorted lists, design LRU.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Google (Bellevue, WA) in January 2017.

Interview

I first did an hour-long coding challenge before getting scheduled with two back-to-back skype interviews that were extremely technical. Both of these interviewers were helpful and positive. I was then passed to the next round for another technical skype interview, where my interviewer obviously did not care about me and was distracted throughout the whole process. It was a frustrating end to a month long process.

Interview Questions

• One interviewer asked me about some small background information on my resume.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Google (San Francisco, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

I received a call from a recruiter, In November End then Telephone interview was scheduled after 2 weeks. I heard back with a positive response in 4 days and then on site was scheduled after 3 weeks which had 5 interview and a lunch interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Apply online.
    One online interview. Sign NDA.
    Followed by three phone interviews using google docs as whiteboard.
    Followed by an in person interview.
    Between Online and Phone interview is roughly 2-3 weeks and between phone interviews can span from 1 day to 2 weeks. Between phone and In-person interviews can be months depending on their applicant volume.